Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

What Movie Did You Watch Today? - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Did You Watch Today? (34107 Views)

Top 10 Movies On Netflix To Watch Today – March 27, 2022 - Tolu Olulana / Guys Which Movie Did You Watched And Got Addicted To In This Lockdown / What Movie Are You Searching For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nekr0N(m): 7:00am On Jun 08, 2020
phr0nesis:

Many people enjoyed it. It's just weird me who didn't. I guess I like serious movies. Right now I'm watching "the girl with the dragon tatoo"

What's this one about? What year is it?
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by TopeQs: 7:50am On Jun 08, 2020
Ishilove:
Birds of Prey and The Fantabulous Emancipation of one Harley Quinn-

Hilarious movie! cheesy cheesy

I give the soundtracks 9/10 for being so super dope, 9/10 for the colourful and stunning visuals, 8.5 for very cool stunts and fight sequences, 7.5 for the laughs and 6 for the storyline. Yes, women can be strong and independent, yeah we get it. It is a man's world but it is nothing without women. It's so cliche.

In all, very, VERY entertaining. Definitely worth a rewatch. grin

Spoiler alert-

Is Canary Bird a super hero or something? What's with the supersonic, blasting voice?

wow...
I never thought I'd see someone who liked this movie...

I'm not even being bias, I like Margot, and I also like that Asian actress that was an ex to the black woman..

the movie just seem to have no point, it seemed rushed.

if they make a second part though, I'll gladly watch it.... I like Margot playing Harley Quinn.. she's so good with it.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2020
TopeQs:

wow...
I never thought I'd see someone who liked this movie...

I'm not even being bias, I like Margot, and I also like that Asian actress that was an ex to the black woman..

the movie just seem to have no point, it seemed rushed.

if they make a second part though, I'll gladly watch it.... I like Margot playing Harley Quinn.. she's so good with it.
There is a point to the movie. You just have to listen carefully and not be distracted by all the colour.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by phr0nesis(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2020
Nekr0N:

What's this one about? What year is it?
It's about a journalist who was hired to investigate the disappearance of a girl who went missing 40 years ago.

I'm not recommending it though
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by TopeQs: 9:53am On Jun 08, 2020
Ishilove:

There is a point to the movie. You just have to list en carefully and not be distracted by all the colour.

I'd watch again... too many beauties to distract for one movie jare...

I rate everything else high, it's just the plot that's a miss to me..

the acting was good, cinematography, stunts and others..

I don't get it though, does a dark movie have to be dark, literally?

I need to know biko.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nekr0N(m): 10:41am On Jun 08, 2020
phr0nesis:

It's about a journalist who was hired to investigate the disappearance of a girl who went missing 40 years ago.

I'm not recommending it though

Lol grin grin noted
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DandeNumereuno: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
The Other Guys

This is a bad rip-off of 21 Jump Street (TV series), but it's still pretty funny. Will Farrell does his best as an uptight forensic-accountant, but he is simply miscast, and that's the heart of the film's problem. Mark Wahlberg is fine, Michael Keaton gets a few laughs, and Steve Coogan isn't completely wasted.

I'll take Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill over this anytime though.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
THE GRIFTERS---1990
This is a twisty neo-noir about 3 con artists.It stars Anjelica Houston,John Cusack & Annette Bening.
If you enjoy mother/son drama & backstabbing schemes,this is for you.
Mr Scorcese also produced the movie

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by sajmark(m): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2020
God please bring an end to Corona... action movie lovers are really suffering due to postponement of a lot of movies... had to rewatch the whole die hard franchise due to boringness.

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Illusioneffect(m): 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
[s]Illusioneffect:
EASTER SPECIAL EDITION
20 Best Films of the Century 2000-2019

20. The Wolf of Wall Street (2012)
19. Parasite (2019)
18. The Wrestler (2008)
17. City of God (2002)
16. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
15. Kill Bill Volume 1-2 (2003-2004)
14. Pan's Labyrinths (2006)
13. The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
12. Get Out (2017)
11. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
10. No Country for Old Men (2007)
9. Hereditary (2018)
8. Mulholland Drive (2001)
7. Lost in Translation (2003)
6. Moonlight (2016)
5. The Lord of the Ring - The Return of the Ring (2003)
4. Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
3. There will be Blood (2007)
2. The Dark Knight (2008)
1. The Social Network (2010)

Honorable Mentions
Donnie Darko
The Avengers
Inception
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
The Master
[/s]

Nothing list. A top 20 list without at least 20 movies is fake, trash and nonsense. angry
What is this one saying?
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nekr0N(m): 3:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
DandeNumereuno:
The Other Guys

This is a bad rip-off of 21 Jump Street, but it's still pretty funny. Will Farrell does his best as an uptight forensic-accountant, but he is simply miscast, and that's the heart of the film's problem. Mark Wahlberg is fine, Michael Keaton gets a few laughs, and Steve Coogan isn't completely wasted.

The other guys 2010
21 jump Street 2012

You can't call it a rip off bro
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DandeNumereuno: 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nekr0N:

The other guys 2010
21 jump Street 2012

You can't call it a rip off bro

I was referring to the TV series.

I should have been more specific.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 7:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
BetWinners:
THE GRIFTERS---1990
This is a twisty neo-noir about 3 con artists.It stars Anjelica Houston,John Cusack & Annette Bening.
If you enjoy mother/son drama & backstabbing schemes,this is for you.
Mr Scorcese also produced the movie
If it is a Scorcese movie, then our MB no go waste.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nekr0N(m): 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

I was referring to the TV series.

I should have been more specific.

That one was with Johnny Depp now not Tatum and Hill
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DandeNumereuno: 5:27am On Jun 09, 2020
Nekr0N:

That one was with Johnny Depp now not Tatum and Hill

You completely misunderstood me.

When I said I'd take Tatum and Jonah Hill over the The Other Guys, I merely implied the humour in the movie adaptation of 21 Jump Street was better, kapish?

Learn to read between the lines.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DandeNumereuno: 8:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Bad Lieutenant Port of Call: New Orleans...Rewatch.

I love this movie for the way it takes conventional situations, and throws them completely out of the window. Great film.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2020
Downloading The Good Son. I am surprised Elijah Wood and Macaulay Culkin play the main characters.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Omoluabeesixtee: 11:50am On Jun 09, 2020
Ishilove:
Downloading The Good Son. I am surprised Elijah Wood and Macaulay Culkin play the main characters.
Good moorin. abeg wetin be VPN?
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 11:56am On Jun 09, 2020
Omoluabeesixtee:
Good moorin. abeg wetin be VPN?
Something that can trace your IP grin

I think. Ayam not sure.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by whitelotus: 11:56am On Jun 09, 2020
DandeNumereuno:
The Other Guys

This is a bad rip-off of 21 Jump Street (TV series), but it's still pretty funny. Will Farrell does his best as an uptight forensic-accountant, but he is simply miscast, and that's the heart of the film's problem. Mark Wahlberg is fine, Michael Keaton gets a few laughs, and Steve Coogan isn't completely wasted.

The Other Guys came out before 21 Jump street, and so, how can it be a rip-off of 21 Jump Street?

Secondly, the plot of the two movies are not the same. They are both cop movies but they have different plots.

This is the problem of not watching films during their zeitgeist

Who is the poser now?
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by naptu2: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2020
Ishilove:

I think. Ayam not sure.

Virtual Private Network.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Omoluabeesixtee: 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ishilove:

I think. Ayam not sure.
yes. youre somehow righ. One of those movie sites ou suggested sometime ago, i tried downloading through it. The moment i saw that vpn, ip pin pointing my location it jus put me off. I dont wan an form of hacking or virus issue. sad
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
naptu2:

Virtual Private Network.
Wazz dat?
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DandeNumereuno: 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
whitelotus:

The Other Guys came out before 21 Jump street, and so, how can it be a rip-off of 21 Jump Street?

Secondly, the plot of the two movies are not the same. They are both cop movies but they have different plots.

This is the problem of not watching films during their zeitgeist

Who is the poser now?

I explicitly included "TV series" alongside 21 Jump street, after someone quoted me out of context yesterday, in order to forestall more misunderstanding. Yet here you are, committing similar errors. Did you by any chance read everything before you rushed to compose this babble?

The Other Guys is a rip-off off 21 Jump Street, a TV series. It's a personal opinion, mind you, so don't take it as a gospel truth.

Lastly, I wasn't alluding to the movie adaptation of 21 Jump Street, albeit implied that it's lead actors are better comedians than the leads in The Other Guys.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
Crazy People : 7/10
I was really impressed about how they wrapped up the story in this movie. Good one from our very own Nollywood.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by whitelotus: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2020
DandeNumereuno:

I explicitly included "TV series" alongside 21 Jump street, after someone quoted me out of context yesterday, in order to forestall more misunderstanding. Yet here you are, committing similar errors. Did you by any chance read everything before you rushed to compose this babble?

The Other Guys is a rip-off off 21 Jump Street, a TV series. It's a personal opinion, mind you, so don't take it as a gospel truth.

Lastly, I wasn't alluding to the movie adaptation of 21 Jump Street, albeit implied that it's lead actors are better comedians than the leads in The Other Guys.

Apologies. I actually thought that you made a mistake mentioning the TV series.

Anyhow, the TV series plot is still similar to the movie and still different from The Other Guys.

The Other Guys was a hit.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by DandeNumereuno: 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2020
whitelotus:

Apologies. I actually thought that you made a mistake mentioning the TV series.

Anyhow, the TV series plot is still similar to the movie and still different from The Other Guys.

The Other Guys was a hit.

If you've watched all the seasons of 21 Jump Street, odds are you'll agree with me.

It's a rip-off, and not even a good one.
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
THE ACCUSED---1988
This is a legal drama about a waitress (played by Jodie Foster)seeking for justice after getting gang raped at a bar.She won her first best actress oscar for this role.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ishilove: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
BetWinners:
THE ACCUSED---1988
This is a legal drama about a waitress (played by Jodie Foster)seeking for justice after getting gang raped at a bar.She won her first best actress oscar for this role.
Oh shoot... All these rape stories make me feel so bad cry
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by BetWinners(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:

Oh shoot... All these rape stories make me feel so bad cry
It is a movie i recommend to everyone.The gang rape scene was also shown in graphic detail not to titillate the audience but to disgust them
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by realtalk19: 11:32am On Jun 10, 2020
daddycrazy:
This thread is created to serve as an outlet for movie recommendations and reviews.

Threadstone series
Re: What Movie Did You Watch Today? by Ekwutox: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2020
This place is a freaking gold mine. Let me goan find paper and pen. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Throws Few Questions To BBNaija Fans / What Anime Show Should I Watch? / Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.