Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted (72696 Views)

Yangy, Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Women. He Reacts / 24 Girls Trafficked From Akwa-ibom For Prostitution Rescued In Lagos / Babcock Student, Susan, Attempts Suicide Because Of Boyfriend, Jumps From Hostel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2020
Can we do our best to stamp out the rape epidemic in our society.
However, please ladies should not accuse anyone wrongly.
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by godpassman(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2020
Made4naijalove:
Why you come dey sweat
did you know gals rape guys to ,nobody have not mention that !

1 Like

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
I am now sitting on the fence with shock.
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Ogaonos: 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2020
deepwater:
Kai
This rape matter.
Baba dey inside a.c car dey sweat
Baba dey inside motor whey get charger him phone still dey say low battery

Girls take it easy, make sure you give no false accusations

stop molesting our men undecided

these wat am afraid of false rape allegation.10yrs ago there was no fear due to matured ladies in campus nwadays these immature ladies DT reason like teenagers are turning it into an attack on players.am against rape but also against rape false allegations is can destroy a guy image Nd destiny.nd can bring forth karma on d accuser.

1 Like

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Lightangel64: 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2020
Made4naijalove:
Why you come dey sweat

Why wont you sweat when you are falsely accused, didn't you see a girl among those girls confessed she lied on his head

1 Like

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by BENEAMATA: 10:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
The ladies said their own
Yangy said his own

These are just hearsay

A rational logical mind wouldnt believe any of them, and I don't.
or , a rational , logical mind will know one among them is lying .

2 Likes

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by joseph1832(m): 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2020
The usual suspects of Nairaland female rape sympathizers who are the judge, jury and executioner whenever a guy is accuse of rape aren't on this thread.

Why am I not surprise.

1 Like

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by vioment: 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
Make all these ancient tense cases disappear abeg.

Only scar and deadly cases from ancient times abeg.

Na from now on we suppose dey judge.

How person go rape 24 people? I hope the authorities still investigate this terrorist case.
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Eberechi24(f): 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2020
abobote:
That guy looks like a rapist, though no concrete evidence against him. Most of these girls, when they find out that you are a play boy after thinking you are serious with them, they will tag u rapist to get back at you
Then don't be a player
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by densiks: 10:48pm On Jun 04, 2020
Folks now get on social media to damage people’s reputation mostly based on filtered one sided stories.

With hate & misplaced rage,undiscerning netizens act as morbid enablers to slander.

Half-truths for clout or fickle sympathy never helps anyone to gain closure.

Having said that,rape is unacceptable for any gender and perpetrators should be dealt with to the highest possible punishment and victims who were not able to get justice against their abusers should speak to certified therapists if they sincerely need healing.

Going on social media to give unsubstantiated stories is nothing short of foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Macon1212: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2020
Made4naijalove:
Godknows 'Yangy' Adolphus Owhor, the Babcock student accused of raping 24 girls including his cousin has denied all the accusations.

Two days ago, the student's alleged victims came forward with their story after Twitter user @caramelangiee shared screenshots of a DM she got.

Addressing the rape scandal in a video, Yangy says he almost killed himself when the rape accusations against him surfaced online. He also denied ever meeting any of the alleged victims.

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opkJ3_sN88s

There's no smoke without � fire why don't they accuse another man but you. Amend your way now
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by joyandfaith: 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=ValCon888 post=90312326]Going forward, this world will be a better place if women can have the courage to speak up immediately after they are sexually assaulted.

You don't have to wait 10 years to accuse a guy of rape. By that time the evidence of the rape will be gone and your story less credible.

I'm not saying this guy is innocent or guilty (that's left for the courts) but some women with bad intentions can hang a rape allegation on an innocent guy to bring him down just because they have a problem with him.

Let's all be appropriately guided.
[/quote

False rape reports are rare.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2018/11/did-you-know-this-about-rape/

In order to escape accountability for his crimes, the perpetrator does everything in his power to promote forgetting. If secrecy fails, the perpetrator attacks the credibility of his victim. If he cannot silence her absolutely, he tries to make sure no one listens
Judith Lewis Herman.
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Soundcoded(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
What do you think about nairaland developing an online marketing app to compete with jiji?
I think it will go a long way to better Nigeria online marketing especially when it will be competitive with "jiji", the Nigeria no. 1 online marketing store.
One of the advantage is that it will grow fast especially when some of its traffic well be generated from nairaland forum and will be very competitive
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by FYsol: 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2020
Lol. Out of over 4Billion men in the world you are the only one numerous women target. My dear, there is no complete lie and no complete truth. Saying you dont know any of them na trash.

Nairalandmonika:

Nope doesn't make him a victim. If an anonymous person accuse u of rape, and u said u have never met someone like that, does that mean u are quilty?
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2020
Macon1212:

There's no smoke without � fire why don't they accuse another man but you. Amend your way now

Don't take sides without proof because the person might be falsely accused which has happened a lot.
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by ademidedavid(f): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Stop being stupid.

How can 24 people accuse him of rape and not a full name of any of the 24 is given
Yessir
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
FYsol:
Lol. Out of over 4Billion men in the world you are the only one numerous women target. My dear, there is no complete lie and no complete truth. Saying you dont know any of them na trash.

Wrongly convicted man released from prison after 36 years
Archie Williams, 58, was wrongly convicted of rape and first-degree murder when he was 22 years old.

Accusation does not always mean fact. Sometimes there are smokes without fire.

3 Likes

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2020
He looks like a rapist.
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by nanakgh(m): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
Not a lot of eye contact with the camera throughout the video. Look into my eyes Yangy. I want to believe you.

1 Like

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by ume1000: 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2020
Zoie:

This world doesn't work like that. Do you think all those ladies are telling lies against him all at once? If he has the money, he will escape jail. Period.
don't know if you are a Christian
1. Naboth was killed after Jezebel ordered elders of his own land to bear false witness against him

2. Stephen was also killed after he was falsefully acussed

Not saying he is innocent but an envious and angry person could go to any length to get at you

2 Likes

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Hathor5(f): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2020
ValCon888:
Going forward, this world will be a better place if women can have the courage to speak up immediately after they are sexually assaulted.

You don't have to wait 10 years to accuse a guy of rape. By that time the evidence of the rape will be gone and your story less credible.

I'm not saying this guy is innocent or guilty (that's left for the courts) but some women with bad intentions can hang a rape allegation on an innocent guy to bring him down just because they have a problem with him.

Let's all be appropriately guided.

You are one of the very few people who have expressed their opinion on a very delicate issue in a very sensitive and sensible way and I understand your concern fully. The thing is that rape victims are often too traumatized and scared to speak up, go to the police, visit the hospital. After such a distressing act of violence nobody can expect them to operate strategically, systemically and intentionally. It sometimes takes years after such a horrible experience until they process what has happened, even enough to open up to someone they trust. Some never fully recover.

So what do we do?

I maintain that a significant part of the solution would be to prevent any character assassination until at least proven guilty in court. Ask yourself! Why are there pictures of a guy who is not even a public figure on NL front page? If they are here, they are also on FB and Twitter. I could, if I wanted, open a thread now and bake up a wicked story about some random guy and lie that he raped me and some of my friends. He is not yet proven guilty but I have already succeeded for some mud to stick for shortest very long time. Even if he is not guilty before the law and God, his reputation and possibly mental health will never be the same again. SO why do we share pictures and the private details of people, especially not public average people, who we should assume innocent until proven guilty? We never know when we are the enablers of a witch hunt. Are we a part of the curse or the solution?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
abobote:
That guy looks like a rapist, though no concrete evidence against him. Most of these girls, when they find out that you are a play boy after thinking you are serious with them, they will tag u rapist to get back at you
Exactly that's what this ladies are good false accusation.
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Reynbowjenie: 11:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
Rapist
Cut his dick embarassed
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Reynbowjenie: 11:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
Goat angry
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
BENEAMATA:
or , a rational , logical mind will know one among them is lying .

True.

2 Likes

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by grandstar(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
Is he going blind because of the truth? Is he the only student that raped 24 students in Babcock? OK, there was one I think that raped 23. Nonsense
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Phccareers: 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2020
It ends 11.59pm tonight and we need just 40 likes!

Nairalanders, please help me and my sister win 100k in this competition by Bold_ng (drink) by just liking this Instagram post.

See link
Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by dnawah(m): 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
Made4naijalove:
Why you come dey sweat
if na you na rain go dey fall 4 ur body.4 this period way they want to the castrate all rapists?

2 Likes

Re: Yangy, The Babcock Student Accused Of Raping 24 Girls Has Reacted by Ezennwa(m): 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2020
hmm!

I have nothing to say,

if men could be like me, Rape would not exist in Nigeria.

I'm ashamed of Nigerian men, they are really disgracing me
. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

20-Year-Old Lady Beats 47-Year-Old Woman To Death In Lagos During Public Fight / Anthony Ikpeama Beats Pregnant Wife To Coma, Removes Oxygen Mask Until She Died / Men Steal Two Bicycles Worth N3m In Lagos, Sell One For N10,000 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.