Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. (48741 Views)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out For Help / Divorce: My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Too Much Sex, Woman Tells Court / My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Blackmann001: 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
kurlz:

Madam must you use ATM card? His insistence on knowing your worth is my only fear. Sorry I don't trust your husband. He doesn't have to force it. I suggest you open another account in your child or siblings name and always send 60% of your earnings to it steadily. And let you family know. Your husband is dangerous be smart.

Besides if he is also open to you I see no reason why you should hide anything but if not. Wise up o

Have you been married..? Or du u plan to break ppls home with ur ignorance.... Do you know marriage is a bare it all relationship...? How can you advice a woman to hide things fro. Husband ND only care about a child who is going to leave them only after 15years....are you ladies now this sick upstairs...?

I pray God my path never cross with self centered, unloving hipocfites like u ND the op.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Keketu(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:
Good day Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

I have always denied him of the fact, what I know is that I used my money to refurbish our flat, got some new things to change the outlook of the place....

But I am not really finding it funny any longer. As we speak, he collected my ATM card since last two weeks, said I must tell him the pin or I should forget having it back. I went to my bank, told them that I lost the card and they changed it for me last Friday and he collected it again said it's either I tell him the pin or he will do something funny ...

I don't know what funny thing he's gonna do but I am worried! Pls is this how marriage is?
He claims to own me and own my salary! Is it fair? This marriage is too early instead I would have quit and I am pregnant at the moment!
What do I do? I don't want anybody to know anything about my finances including him till I have my baby whom my spirit accepted that I should make my next of kin.

What do I do ?
hi please pm me thanks
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by demoBaba: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
aeion:
He doesn't have the right to take your ATM card away from you nor demand your PIN. If he needs money, I'm sure he knows how to ask but forcefully having direct access to your money at his choosing should be a no-no. If he's threatening you over this, tell your family and get yourself and the baby in your belly to a safe place, but do not give him that PIN. A man who behaves like this is up to no good and can't be trusted.

These are the words of a controlling, abusive man. He does not own you, neither does he own your salary.

Please and please distance yourself from this advice. He didn't asked you for money, just to know your salary, I don't see bad thing here my able sister.

You know we've been settling matters up and down since last week, please don't add your matter for us to settle.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by fastseo: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:
Good day Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

I have always denied him of the fact, what I know is that I used my money to refurbish our flat, got some new things to change the outlook of the place....

But I am not really finding it funny any longer. As we speak, he collected my ATM card since last two weeks, said I must tell him the pin or I should forget having it back. I went to my bank, told them that I lost the card and they changed it for me last Friday and he collected it again said it's either I tell him the pin or he will do something funny ...

I don't know what funny thing he's gonna do but I am worried! Pls is this how marriage is?
He claims to own me and own my salary! Is it fair? This marriage is too early instead I would have quit and I am pregnant at the moment!
What do I do? I don't want anybody to know anything about my finances including him till I have my baby whom my spirit accepted that I should make my next of kin.

What do I do ?
Madam please inform your husband your total financial status. He is your husband not a stranger.
Even in ordinary relationship like boyfriends and girlfriend settings partners do talk about their financial status e.g estimate of what they earn etc.

Please go home and tell your husband what you earn and so you both plan ahead with what he earns... He is your husband and the father to ur kids...

The part you said next of kin who do you think he will chose as his next of kin? His brother or your children or kids?

Madam don't use your hand and scatter your marriage.. Trust us necessary and the way you went about hiding your finance made him seize those cards and made those annoying statements.

Please don't give devil a chance. Making him aware does not mean giving him access

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Justseyii: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
Is your husband not on nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?
We will like to hear his side of his story tho!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by solok: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2020
[quote author=UzorChinonso post=90357098]Good day Nairalanders, I have been married for just a year now and it has not been easy here! My Husband wants to know every thing about my finance. He has disturbed me to know how much is my salary worth of.

please know and be reminded that next of kin is not same as beneficiary in the event of death intestate.
\
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by chatinent: 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
"Is this how marriage is?" Of course that is how he turns out for most people.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by futuremoma34: 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?

Based on experience... Open another account, transfer all your savings into the new account.. Then always keep not less than 10k in the orda account he has your ATM...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Blackmann001: 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2020
... I made a mistake of commenting on this thread... Never checked to see the wife is igbo........ All their ladies are rather after money than love... That's y drams in that side of the world in marriages are unending......

Nonsense lady! GOD forbid!
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Iceyjayz: 12:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?
Copy and paste
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Alamuro1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Did he not know your salary before you married him?if you love him there is nothing bad to open your salary issue to him, but he doesn't has any access to hold your ATM card. My advice to you, don't fight him
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by PHIPEX(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
How do you daily share a bed and your body with someone you can't trust with your finances? Is your money worth more than your body? Both of you are heading for a very bumpy ride if you keep hiding your finances from each other. How exactly will both of you plan as a family if you dont know how much both of you have?

Seizing your ATM is a first stage of crises escalation, if you dont resolves these 'secrets' you might not have a marriage in the near future. Both of you might just be co-habiting and bearing children.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by solok: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
please know and be reminded that next of kin is not same as beneficiary in case of death intestate......the former is close relation to be contacted in case of emergency while the latter is the beneficiary of estate (or specifically assigned portion of it) in event of death.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by dangotesmummy: 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Another one about to hit the rock over emotional manipulation and sociopathic tendencies
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by twinskenny(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?

sure there is love in this marriage
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by PremierGuy(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nothing wrong in your husband knowing about how much you earn. Let him know how much percentage of your salary you can contribute towards the household finance.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
He's a thief. It's a pity u guys re married

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by vivalavida(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Premiumwriter:
Chai

You'll las las destroy the marriage.

I dey tell u

Devilish people everywhere
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Thryphosa(m): 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
I think it's not a big deal for you to let him know your earning, you guys are married for God sake, you shouldn't keep your earnings as secret. The only thing I know is that some women spend their money on frivolities, which we don't like.

For instance, my wife bought an item we don't really need at this period and made it a surprise for me, I made her to understand, you don't spend anyhow in this coro period, besides that's not our priority for now.

So sometimes, men need to advise our wives on prudent spending and the need to save.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by kurlz(f): 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
Blackmann001:

Have you been married..? Or du u plan to break ppls home with ur ignorance.... Do you know marriage is a bare it all relationship...? How can you advice a woman to hide things fro. Husband ND only care about a child who is going to leave them only after 15years....are you ladies now this sick upstairs...?

I pray God my path never cross with self centered, unloving hipocfites like u ND the op.....

I bet you did not see the later part of my post hence you fly into conclusion.
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by PHIPEX(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
Blackmann001:
... I made a mistake of commenting on this thread... Never checked to see the wife is igbo........ All their ladies are rather after money than love... That's y drams in that side of the world in marriages are unending......

Nonsense lady! GOD forbid!
You need to check yourself well. How many Igbo people have you met one on one?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Harrytrentz(m): 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Partner with a Nigerian Forum Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N1500 and stand d chance to earn over 20k everyday Ask me how”.

HERE'S HOW IT'S DONE.

1. Daily login = 150 Lars points

2. Referrals = 1000 Lars points (per referral)

NOTE: You don't need to refer before you get paid.

3. Commenting on posts = 5 Lars points.

4. Reading of news or articles = 5 Lars points ( unlimited news)

5. Sharing of LPV sponsored post on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Twitter depending on the one you do = 100 Lars points.

LARS POINTS ARE THEN CHANGED INTO CASH AND IS SENT TO THE BANK ACCOUNT YOU PROVIDED WHEN YOU REGISTER. (One time payment of #1500)

Follow this WhatsApp link https:///CIwnJvopzSSG4ftl5bbMAQ
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by NoToPile: 12:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Having the info about how much you earn might not even be the issue.

Seizing ATM card by force and demanding for the pin is the real problem.

Na wa.

What kind of marriages are we having nowadays
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by wasi9ice: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2020
What is wrong if your husband ask about your finances, don't you know his??

This may be bitter, when a man or wan marries you, He or She marries you and your properties which includes your so called finances,,

In Christianity, a woman should submit to his wife in all things and a man should love his wife as Christ loves the Church

Any woman who isn't ready to submit to his husband should still remain single and any man who is not ready to love his wife as Christ love the church, should pls reamin single

Marriage entails sacrifice, trust and love
Pls take note
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Aunty,You want to just be a setback to the man.So it's a crime for your husband to know your earnings but you know his.Madam you were not ready for marriage.
U go be very stingy woman before now.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by iyepe(m): 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
Dear Madame

Please kindly call me 08095490396 for small discussion.

You could do me an sms, I would call you
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by bmdmixer: 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
First off,OP indicate where you copied this story from cos you just changed your gender from M to F.

from here

https://www.naijaloaded dot com.ng/talk-zone/what-should-i-do-my-husband-wants-to-know-everything-about-my-finances
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by zero911: 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
First off,OP indicate where you copied this story from cos you just changed your gender from M to F.

That's how they run their forum to keep it interesting and engage users otherwise
front page would be boring.
Most accounts you see here is run by them, they create and backdate the accounts to convince people.
They create topics and push their own topics to front page to engage users.
They work in group.

Its not a bad thing anyway because even radio/TV stations do it sometimes, most blog also do it.

I no mention names o

Goodluck.

GentRoyal = Aududunine11 = bunnae = crownedrookie =
moreb2cum = ?? What lol
Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by nuggarito: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
the story is of mischief, a man won't just ask of your financial status if you aren't contributing anything to the family. perhaps you are the type that just lurk around without contributing any dime yet you are working, my elder sister and husband were lecturers they divide their finances, the woman takes care of feeding, the man takes care of rent and fees. it seems your money is not going anywhere in your family.

my advice for you is never reveal your salary pay to your husband but rather share in responsibility, that way he won't have to complain and the burden on his shoulders will reduce.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Vyzz: 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
UzorChinonso:

What do I do ?

Open another account, transfer 80% to 90% of ur money there.

Then sweetly tell him the pin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. by Talkingoil(m): 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Do you know all about his finances? Do you contribute your fair share to running the house?......

This is a good question she needs to answer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Delta Man Cries Out For Help Over Wife Allegedly Assaulting Him Repeatedly / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.