Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years (34542 Views)

JOHESU Suspends Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu / IPOB: We Will Lockdown South-East For One Month If FG Fails To Bring Nnamdi Kanu / South-East For Buhari Rally: Happening In Owerri Now - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Kingspin(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Everybody know we say it here on NL
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
mrvitalis:
A 1.6km bridge is the biggest project in the south east ..yet APC borrowed 22.5 billion and excluded south east and u have mouth to talk

Shame no dey catch some people

So what is the biggest achievement of past PDP administration in South East, a beg tell us

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by PericomaNwankwo: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
Inda2020:
Ipob members whats going on with ur members

How old are you? Please think before you talk. So give me one reason you mentioned IPOB here?
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by flokii: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2020
Charly68:
I blamed the Igbo's that were in Govt for many years but did nothing about the project..how many years did Ekweremadu stayed as deputy senate president ? Why didn't he influence the Govt to finish up the project ? Many things are wrong with the leaders from that side of the nation,they all want to be regarded as kings in their own right but care less about the larger community interest .. It is that bad and pathetic

You're spot on..

The Igbos have been in the corridors of power together with North than any other tribe since Independence, yet they keep blaming others for their woes.

When other tribes get the chance, they try to work on development for their region but Igbos are the odd ones out. All the years and positions they occupied under GEJ was for nothing. Just wasted years while their politicians like Ekweremadu kept enriching themselves.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Daddysidhan: 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
Contribute money to do it na sebi some people say na dem develop the whole world yet bridge dem no fit build

2 Likes

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Slynation(m): 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2020
Golan007:

River Niger port.

Which one is River Naija port again...

1 Like

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by LexngtonSteele: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Job Igbokwe.... greatest Igbo leader of all time.

Argue with your keyboard. grin

He's the only one that makes sense. The others are useless.

What has Ekweremandu done for Biafra?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by OKTolu: 2:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Fg should complete the bridge first before praising themselves, Oga Jonathan started it, buhari is still on it but we prayed buhari complete it.
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Ykc2(m): 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
Massive development going g on In south east in this Buhari's regime?now know where that word saboteur originated from ,that word is made for people like joe igbokwe ishaq Akintola Rocha okoroawusa these guys can kill their tribes men to make sure fulani masters are happy
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by SIONKPO1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2020
seunmsg:

I have answered your question in my initial post. The money will be used to fund projects that will benefit all Nigerians and I gave two examples above.

Will the Lagos to Calabar coastal rail pass through south east or not? Will south east benefit from the 3000MW that will be added to the national grid once the mambilla hydro project is completed?
3000MW ,kai Oga lie small small nah
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Smartypant: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Slynation:

If they really wants the easterners to benfit as you earlier said, then restructuring should be the case, they need Sea-ports(River Naija is just here wasting away for nothing).... Nothing like International airport in the whole south-east, and the list goes on, telling me it will benefits all Nigerians is hokum....

I agree that there should be an International standard Airport in the SE and I think they are constructing one I think in Enugu. It will be incredibly expensive to build a world class Port on River Niger, it's much cheaper to have one on the Ocean instead of a River.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by flokii: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
Daddysidhan:
Contribute money to do it na sebi some people say na dem develop the whole world yet bridge dem no fit build

This shows what we have been telling them that they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them. Only them lowest IGR, landlocked, gully erosion etc. yet they feel they are doing us a favour by sharing in our Federal allocations while remitting little to nothing to government purse.

Ordinary bridge they can't build for their region but can develop the whole world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by MoIbrahim: 2:16pm On Jun 06, 2020
seunmsg:
Our wailing friends will still come and tell us that Jonathan started and paid for it fully.

No. They are saying it is too small a project. They must say something grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by seunmsg(m): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2020
SIONKPO1:

3000MW ,kai Oga lie small small nah

Go and read about the project instead of spewing ignorant nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Binikingdowm: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2020
timekeeper1:
He said in view of the current massive development in the South-East, the region has no alternative than to remain in the APC and support the Buhari administration. He said, “Given what is happening in the South East now in terms of development, I don’t think any project is bigger than second Niger Bridge in Nigeria today.
If you see that bridge, it is getting to conclusion. They will soon finish. I know that by next year that project would have been completed. That bridge was used to dupe our people for 21 years, I won’t go further than that.”

The Coordinator of the Ndigbo APC in Lagos, Eze Uche Dimgba, said the Igbo in Lagos would vote massively for the ruling party and continue to support the Buhari administration.
The president of the Igbo community in Lagos, Chief Sunday Udeh, recalled that Igbo people were not united in the 2015 elections.

Mrvitalis pazienza

Biafra is dead and buried at this point gringringrin

One Nigeria continues till Jesus comes

Yoruba 2023, hausa 2031, yoruba 2039, hausa 2047.. gringringringrin

Thanks to Azikwe, the master of no-seccesion gringringringrin
guy why don't you have sense? You're shouting one nigeria yet you excluded other regions for presidency

1 Like

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by guychidile: 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2020
biko osi nni ni!
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Jakemedg(m): 2:21pm On Jun 06, 2020
seunmsg:

The $22.5billion was recently approved and has not been borrowed.

Some of the projects FG intends to carry out with the money will benefit all Nigerians. The Lagos to Calabar coastal rail project will pass through the south east and benefit Igbo traders more than any other tribe.

The Mambilla power project upon completion will be added to the national power grid and distributed to all homes in Nigeria including the south east.

Other projects to be executed with the loan are nationalistic projects that will benefit all Nigerians.
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Dikebuka: 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
I watch how some people talk about project that will benefit Nigeria..when it comes to south east marginalization, they remember that we are all Nigeria..

When they come to repayment, Ruga, Toll Gate fee and other useless taxation moves, the remember the south east..

How does Mambilla da benefit the east when dia is a power station in Abia state.

How does a railways in Warri benefit the south east.
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Slynation(m): 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2020
Smartypant:

I agree that there should be an International standard Airport in the SE and I think they are constructing one I think in Enugu. It will be incredibly expensive to build a world class Port on River Niger, it's much cheaper to have one on the Ocean instead of a River.
Yea.... You are right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by AdaoraNK(f): 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
Smartypant:

They are not constructing any airport in Enugu. Enugu has airport upgraded to international status.by GEJ. What I understand this govt is doing there is probably amending pot holes on its runway.
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by 042rebel: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2020
From the comments so far, it appears PMB has delivered on infrastructures. However the Southeast feels shortchanged.
The Niger bridge and renovation of Akanu Ibiam airport and some federal roads are insignificant compared to developments in other regions by this administration.

2 Likes

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by SmartPolician: 2:29pm On Jun 06, 2020
Smithkafors:
APC thinks they can deceive the people of south east.The 2nd Niger bridge was signed by a joint deal between PDP government and Julius Berger via PPP(private public partnership),the main reason why the bridge will be tolled so that JB can recoup their money.Goodluck Jonathan made a part payment of the federal government deal,while PMB also made their own part payment.The bulk of the money will be payed by JB that's why the project was still ongoing despite recession.Yes PDP have their own shortcomings,but APC is not better off.For those who can't remember,how come PMB suspended work on the bridge by JB when he came on board in 2015?,was it an invisible bridge?

Please add the source of the screenshot

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Slynation(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
timekeeper1:
He said in view of the current massive development in the South-East, the region has no alternative than to remain in the APC and support the Buhari administration. He said, “Given what is happening in the South East now in terms of development, I don’t think any project is bigger than second Niger Bridge in Nigeria today.
If you see that bridge, it is getting to conclusion. They will soon finish. I know that by next year that project would have been completed. That bridge was used to dupe our people for 21 years, I won’t go further than that.”

The Coordinator of the Ndigbo APC in Lagos, Eze Uche Dimgba, said the Igbo in Lagos would vote massively for the ruling party and continue to support the Buhari administration.
The president of the Igbo community in Lagos, Chief Sunday Udeh, recalled that Igbo people were not united in the 2015 elections.

Mrvitalis pazienza

Biafra is dead and buried at this point gringringrin

One Nigeria continues till Jesus comes

Yoruba 2023, hausa 2031, yoruba 2039, hausa 2047.. gringringringrin

Thanks to Azikwe, the master of no-seccesion gringringringrin
Yoruba 2023?? You are dreaming bro grin
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by AdaoraNK(f): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
042rebel:
From the comments so far, it appears PMB has delivered on infrastructures. However the Southeast feels shortchanged.
The Niger bridge and renovation of Akanu Ibiam airport and some federal roads are insignificant compared to developments in other regions by this administration.

Which Federal roads sir?

The ones the governors took scares state resources to put in better shape or which ones?
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by martowskin1(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Corporate2020:

Point to one project that PDP did in its 16 years of looting

U Nigerian youth need ur head adjusted. U need to learn from the Americans with their common voice against the government.

And stop dividing ur foolish self across party lines and tribal lines.

Is not PDP vs APC, is not Yoruba vs Igbo.

Its we the citizens vs the leaders of this country. Until we understand this we are not going forward ...

1 Like

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Yabsun(m): 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
Dikebuka:
I watch how some people talk about project that will benefit Nigeria..when it comes to south east marginalization, they remember that we are all Nigeria..

When they come to repayment, Ruga, Toll Gate fee and other useless taxation moves, the remember the south east..

How does Mambilla da benefit the east when dia is a power station in Abia state.

How does a railways in Warri benefit the south east.
So 3000MW power project that will be injected into grid won't benefit East. Do you even know what the grid stand for? A coaster rail emanating from Lagos to Calabar in which its route will cut across East even as there will be a station at Aba won't benefit East. Really? Bro which school did u attend? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Rubiesinc(m): 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
Sell your gift cards at amazing rates and receive your money in 3minutes or less. We also trade crypto currency (Bitcoin and Ethereum).
We believe everyone deserves the chance to gain, profit, and benefit, which drives us to help those most in need.

At Rubies Inc we buy all gift cards at amazing rates. We open 24hours a day.
Call or Whatsapp 08059318934
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2020
mrvitalis:
A 1.6km bridge is the biggest project in the south east ..yet APC borrowed 22.5 billion and excluded south east and u have mouth to talk

1km bridge actually
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Urchman200: 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2020
ddippset:
A wailer would rather commit suicide than praise Muhammadu Buhari for any project.

Dilector told them he is Jibrin.

I wonder how they expect a foreigner from Sudan to do projects for them.
what did Thieftinubu tell u guy's?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
Yabsun:

So 3000MW power project that will be injected into grid won't benefit East. Do you even know what the grid stand for? A coaster rail emanating from Lagos to Calabar in which its route will cut across East even as there will be a station at Aba won't benefit East. Really? Bro which school did u attend? angry

List the projects to be situated in the east in that 22 billion dollars loan
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2020
seunmsg:
Our wailing friends will still come and tell us that Jonathan started and paid for it fully.

Paid zombie grin
Re: Igbokwe: 2nd Niger Bridge Used For Dribbling South-east For 21 Years by bender79: 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
Jibsy203:
Igbokwe is a sellout we dash him to afonjas
What do you mean that he is a sell out? Igbo's fight for their economic survival, so if hanging out with the likes of Bola Tinubu gives him his daily bread, so be it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Projects That Buhari Will Commission In Maiduguri - Photos / 13 Incumbent And Former Governors Emerge Senators-elect In Nigeria / Wike Exchanging Pleasantries With Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.