Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? (67497 Views)

'how Do I End A Blood Covenant Relationship I Made With My Boyfriend? He Refuses / How Do I Reduced My Love For My Boyfriend He's Taking Me For Granted / Lady Sends N125,000 Christmas List To Boyfriend & He Cries Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SirMichael1: 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
Scholar94:
Let me simply advise u on how u can help him. It is as simple as giving him a topic u will like to discuss with him prior to the day u guys are gonna meet. Of course, u will have to do that with maturity. I use this trick to carry any lady I found interesting to talk but who might not share similar interests with me or perhaps are not that current. Trust me he will do anything to make sure he holds his points before u guys meet if truly he's into you.

U can follow this format;

ME: (just in d middle of discussion), This incident of George Floyd really hit me. I can't still stop thinking about it he lost his life just like that

SHE: George Floyd?? Who is he?

Me: he is an African American murdered recently in Minneapolis in USA by a USA police officer. He was accused of spending fake $20 at a grocery store. Americans and their racism!! I'm sure the guy was murdered because he's black

Her: (crying emogy)...

Me: I'm even thinking we talk about this when next time we meet.

This might look like ya forcing thing. But really to me, it is not. We are simply bringing out the best in each other. It is almost impossible to find a partner that will fit into all u want. U will have to build the castle yourself!

Lol. You've told her everything. What is there to talk about again? How Anthony j, sterling, hamilton spoke against it? This is how conversations hit rock bottom. If conversations aren't sponteneous but forced, it becomes stark boring. Ain't nobody want that.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by tayor3(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
God bless you.The OP fail to realise these, it remind me of a family of two brothers.....it's a long story sha.. but op try and dissect the two words.

Intelligence is native, he may be brilliant but not intelligent. People rarely come as a complete package. They will always fall short in one area. If u get a super intelligent man now he may be uncaring or unfaithful[/quote]
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by athaliya(f): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
truthsayer009:

It depends oh, gods get levels.

Of course
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Codyt(m): 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
jansonn:

Seriously, you send them messages and they just answer with "OK" I dont even get self!! I go just delete the number give myself peace of mind jare, youre not eternal life oo
They expect you to chase them yet they aren't chaseable. No time bro
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Salem17: 3:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Ejiod:
4 things in relationship I can’t do: 1. Date an undergraduate 2. Date someone not smart 3. Date someone who knows no shit about computer. 4. Date broke gal
If u don't mind me asking sir,why won't u date an undergraduate ?
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Ejiod(m): 5:48am On Jun 09, 2020
Salem17:

If u don't mind me asking sir,why won't u date an undergraduate ?
1. You are always trying to come down to her level since you are way ahead of her
2. Poor communication as you two are of different times/age
3. They mostly feel entitled and if not convert you to assistant daddy
4. 90% of them are damn immature.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by ModestGal(f): 6:26am On Jun 09, 2020
Sadteen:

I like your moniker. Eye catchy lol. Did you jam this billions suddenly true true? If yes, Abeg bless your boy, if no, when you eventually jam am, still bless your boy..
Do you want to be a billionaire? If yes, welcome to the future billionaire club. I believe that we can write our destiny ourselves, once we have a focus and work towards it. Let's connect if you do not mind
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Caseless: 7:31am On Jun 09, 2020
smiliyB:
Huh undecided Nah Nah!! Hahahahahahaha I may accept to be your friend but not as gf ooo lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy You're right about the reality part, it's nice you have learn to live with it but for someone like me, I haven't oo
I simply avoid it, if not it may interfer with my right frame of mind and I don't want that. embarassed
we're now friends and i will teach you 'how-to'.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Sadteen: 8:17am On Jun 09, 2020
Kfed4ril:

I swear I totally relate, I’ve meet a lot of dumb girls on Twitter who claim sapiosexual, but when I engage them in conversation the outcome usually is a turnoff for me.
See we have very few girls in Nigeria who can hold an intelligent conversation apart from Instagram, make up and celebrity gist. Very few.
Not true. There are so many of them but they'd rather be heard than seen. What kind of convo are these girls not able to hold that makes you think they are dumb?
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by olamy7(m): 8:30am On Jun 09, 2020
why will you want to tell your boyfriend that he is not smart?
it doesn't sound wise to me. your boyfriend is a good guy, so just try and accept him the way he is.
Gist on random topics with your female friends if you love it that much.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by smiliyB(f): 8:46am On Jun 09, 2020
Okay, let's see how it goes. wink
Caseless:
we're now friends and i will teach you 'how-to'.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by davedy(m): 11:01am On Jun 09, 2020
I believed u guys works in the same organization, with your write up..he loves you a lot but you want a superman in him.. if u are not comfortable with him then leave him, some else is waiting to grab him with all the flaws u mentioned... Nobody is Smart but everybody believes will are intelligent in our own world. To me, the guy is a good guy, don't make a mistake.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Salem17: 1:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ejiod:

1. You are always trying to come down to her level since you are way ahead of her
2. Poor communication as you two are of different times/age
3. They mostly feel entitled and if not convert you to assistant daddy
4. 90% of them are damn immature.

Oh I guess u are much older than most undergraduates
Well I agree with the last point,most are immature when it comes to love
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Ofadaman(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2020
Faysuze:

You are so correct, perfect description of my ex. He even told me there is nothing to talk about. As big as this world is, there is not a single thing to talk about? I gave up cheesy

Thanks, hope you're in better hands now?
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by bukxy: 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
lanibi:
hmmmmm
Pray tell
What is it about Melania Trump and Michelle Obama? I'm curious about your comparison.

BTW, you seem intelligent. I like that.
u are always anxious to knw more about michell obama....
i observed dat though
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by chlowi(f): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
will telling him change the situation? or you just want to tell hin so he is aware ? ..... asking over the internet will not change the fact that you are drawn to sapios ..... if he ticks on everu other box except intelligence then let it be . how about you find an intelligent chronic cheat who at the long run doesnt show u an ounce of respect ? think abt it in several dimensiins and pick ur pot
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by lanibi(f): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2020
bukxy:
u are always anxious to knw more about michell obama....
i observed dat though
Yes, you're right. Actually, someone always refer to me as M.O without giving reasons no matter how much I pester him to.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by bukxy: 7:33am On Jun 13, 2020
lanibi:
Yes, you're right. Actually, someone always refer to me as M.O without giving reasons no matter how much I pester him to.
alryt
am sure google will help your curiousness
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by imustmakeit(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ariza:
When I said most Nigerian relationships are baseless, meaningless and lifeless some folks thought I was exaggerating. Truth is most only want what's made, no one is ready to help another grow. They study one another for few months and leave when they find out little shortcomings about the partner with the mind of finding the perfect one elsewhere. They don't know what commitment, sacrifice, growing together, Compromise or friendship is. They only exhibit compromise when they are old with little or no choice.
No time to study or get to know who their partner is but they are very quick to ruffle the sheets and bill.

I'm an introvert ,a shy one at that but when I want to come out of my shell and talk. The only thing that would stop you from shutting me up is that you may never get to hear those beautiful words again. In relationship I talk and play but listen more. Do I then break up because I find my man a talkative? That's where understanding comes in. Understanding and accepting difference that complement your relationship. So far he isn't saying nonsense, I listen.

This thing isn't really a hard thing, find what attracts him , get knowledgeable about it and create communication with time introduce him to your interest and everything will be fine. It's just that people are mostly too self-centered to always put themselves first.

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by immafresh(m): 10:50am On Jun 19, 2020
iBubbler:
Cynosuree darling, I totally sympathize with you. Anyone who doesn’t didn't or can not see your use (and command) of English as a pointer to the fact that you are not any man’s average everyday girl.
And guess what? I’m totally in a bind on this one. I can’t think of anything, for the life of me, how to deal with this.
Perhaps, you could send him a link and jocularly say you want to discuss the issue later that day so he’d do well to read up on it. Else, no prize (whatever he likes).
Good luck girl. I feel you deeply.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by litaninja(m): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
Can you hold a conversation about quantum theory?

cynosuree:
Good morning. This issue has been bothering me for a long time, and I feel like it's too sensitive to ask for second opinions from people I know so I figured I'd maybe ask some strangers on the internet.

I've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months now and he's everything I ever wanted in a man. Physically, he's gorgeous, and he also loves me alot. He's kind, he's patient, communicates effectively and all. You know, all the good stuff.

But here's the problem, he cannot hold a conversation beyond "what are you doing" , "what did you eat" (and all that boring stuff) to save his life. I'm not even talking about intellectual conversations like quantum theory or anything, normal conversations about stuff that's happening around the world or around us. Anytime we try to, it usually fails spectacularly. He either ends up missing the ENTIRE point and saying something totally unrelated, or he just waits for me to say what I think so he can go "Yeeaaaa that's true" , leaving me really pissed.

He has absolutely NOTHING intelligent to contribute to any serious conversation, and this hurts me alot because it is a HUGE turn off and I'm slowly losing interest in him. It's a very tricky situation because he does/did well academically, he graduated with very good grades but that's about it...nothing more. I didn't notice it at first - before we started dating, or I would never have dated him because it is a deal breaker for me.

I have considered telling him but I don't exactly know how to approach the conversation without being rude/insensitive, I know telling him would really hurt him and I don't want that. I've also thought about learning how to live with it, because no one is perfect right? Maybe I'm asking for too much?

The latter option is what I've been doing and it's gradually killing me. I fear that I'll fall out of love completely with him and end up hating myself for ruining a good thing, because he's a really good guy .

I'd like to know what you think
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Bignuell(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2022

If you want someone to talk quantum theory and mechanics, get a nerd. Your boyfriend is clearly not the chatterbox.

IMO, he's the definition of a "real man" - talk less, act more.
She get's a nerd now, i'll be he's not handsome, he doesn't talk at all. Well i guess we can't have it all
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by cletz991(m): 5:05am On Jan 22, 2022
Very correct , the latest catch is always the best to them
Nbote:
If he was smart enough to make U fall in luv with him den he's smart enough to b ur boyfriend.. Thing is U've found someone much more sociable dan he is and U are now beginning to see flaws.. If U have lost interest in the relationship jus waka pass and leave d young man alone
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Thazard(m): 4:01pm On Mar 09
Snipespeter:
This life self, you try to hold a meaningful conversation with your girlfriend she will say that you are claiming you know it all.
You keep quiet for peace to reign, they say you are not smart. I tire oh

FTC since I joined nairaland 2013. This week will be great. Oga Seun, where should I send my account details ���
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Bride And Groom Crying At Their Wedding (Photos) / Pregnant Nigerian Lady Marries Old Man After Man Who Got Her Pregnant Absconded / 7 Signs Your Man Only Wants Sex And Not Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.