Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? (386 Views)

Are We Expected To Exercise Blind Faith? / God Failed And Wasted His Son For Nothing / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 07, 2020
In ancient times, clergies and prophets served as mediators between God and the nation of Isreal. God literally did whatever these set of individuals requested of him, so long as it doesn’t go against his commandments. As a matter of fact, kings and rulers trembled at the sight and sounds of prophets.

We have read stories of how Elijah prayed rain to fall after years of famine, and God heeded and restored the fertility of the land. (1 king chapter 18)
This pandemic was an opportunity for men of God to come together, pray to God, and the pandemic of a thing will cease but what have they done? They have heeded the government’s advise for lock down which is not bad and expected things to just happen so that the congregation can come back again.

Maybe it’s because I am an individual that has faith, but I expected a lot more from Men of God other than giving out food and
At the ravaging time of this pandemic, I expected a remote conference of all men of God where they will cry unto God, and after that declare the pandemic impotent. The prayers of the righteous availeth much.
This would have done a whole lot in re-igniting the faith of a lot of lukewarm Christians. As it stands now, a whole lot of people may not return to church again.

Where is our power of healing?

Where is our power to speak things into existence?

Where is our authority as ambassadors and agents of change?

Have we forgotten that we are caretakers and managers of the earth?

There is need for aggressive Christians; aggression in works and speeches of God. That is what God needs.

Do you think Pastors should have done more in exercising their spiritual authority or am I just over-reacting?

Lalasticlala, I want to hear from you too.
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by pyyxxaro: 9:32am On Jun 07, 2020
Yes , they all disappeared
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2020
pyyxxaro:

This would have been a great moment for Christians because light shines brighter where there the darkness is darker
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by Fash20: 9:43am On Jun 07, 2020
Fash20 is waiting for replies...
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by petra1(m): 9:45am On Jun 07, 2020
FortifiedCity:

Do you think Pastors should have done more in exercising their spiritual authority or am I just over-reacting?.

Men of God prayed and God answered . He revealed the conspiracy and politics surrounding covid 19. He also revealed that covid 19 is not as deadly as the conspiracy projects. It's less deadly than malaria.
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 07, 2020
petra1:
Men of God prayed and God answered . He revealed the conspiracy and politics surrounding covid 19. He also revealed that covid 19 is not as deadly as the conspiracy projects. It's less deadly than malaria.
How do you mean? There is no documentation of before and after this 'conspiracy'

What revelation are you talking about?
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by orunto27: 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2020
ALL POWERS AND AUTHORITIES ARE FROM GOD . THE GOVERNMENTS THAT STOP THEM FROM CHURCHING, DERIVE THEIR DIRECTIVES FROM GOD
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by BlowYourMind: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
Was there any opportunity presented to them
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by BlowYourMind: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
pyyxxaro:

Indeed as government gave them any choice in their scamming they are perpetrating

1 Like

Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by bright007(f): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
orunto27:
ALL POWERS AND AUTHORITIES ARE FROM GOD . THE GOVERNMENTS THAT STOP THEM FROM CHURCHING, DERIVE THEIR DIRECTIVES FROM GOD
I'm not talking about them obeying government's directive. I'm talking about them praying to God to take away the pandemic or command the pandemic to leave
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Was there any opportunity presented to them
Did anyone stop them from interceding for the world through prayers?

1 Like

Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
bright007:
Coronavirus opened the yansh of pastorprenuers.

They are not connected to any supreme being whatsoever.
Some are connected
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by BlowYourMind: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
FortifiedCity:
Did anyone stop them from interceding for the world through prayers?
And who told you they aren't interceding? The level of scam in the pandemic is high, see leaders latching out at WHO, says a lot and also the pandemic is a pointer of imminent return.
Re: Have Men Of God Failed To Exercise Their Authority During This Pandemic? by orunto27: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
FortifiedCity:
I'm not talking about them obeying government's directive. I'm talking about them praying to God to take away the pandemic or command the pandemic to leave

ONE YOUNG PROPHET SAID THAT COVID19 WOULD DISAPPEAR BY 31/5/20 AND I BELIEVE AND IT'S SO

NO MORE CORONAVIRUS ON EARTH EXCEPT THOSE PLAYING POLITICS WITH THE PANDEMIC.

(1) (Reply)

What Buhari Did To Me In My Dream Last Night. / I Am Untouchable - Pastor D.K. Olukoya / History of Homosexuals and Out-of-the-Box Thinkers Killed By The Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.