Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died (65184 Views)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / 5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by mindtricks: 11:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
maasoap:

What is the figure that they're blowing out of proportion? And your government doesn't need covid-19 to steal
Sure, career thieves, why will they run out of ideas and ways to enjoy their hobby?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by SexytorresE(f): 11:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
This days when someone loses his or her life of malaria they record it as covik 1-9 grin U won’t even knw u made up the number of the new confirmed cases undecided inside life
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by babsthegreat: 11:43pm On Jun 07, 2020
Naija na wa oh
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders. Since March this year, Covid-19 has been the major issue in Nigeria as it led to the shutingdown of the economy.

Many people don't believe the existence. My dear people, I was having a double opinion about the existence too. For the first time, I'm beginning to believe the pandemic does exist. My friend who was a Medical Laboratory Scientist with Kaduna State Ministry of Health and the head of the laboratory unit, Gwantu General Hospital was down with malaria like symptoms and treated himself for several days with no improvement.

Though he was a high blood pressure patient. The fever increased and symptoms of Covid-19 started manifesting. He was taken to Kafanchan Gen Hospital but no Doctor agreed to come close to him when they saw his critical condition. He was advised to check into the isolation centre but when they got there, there was nothing on ground as everywhere was dirty with no facility. The family was advised to take him to Kaduna isolation centre but he gave up the ghost as he was under distress all these while.

His samples were taken and it came out positive for Covid-19. His corpse is deposited at Kafanchan Gen Hospital at the moment. The people that were running up and down to save his life were helpless as they watched him dying. Their samples had been collected yesterday, taken to Kaduna today and are awaiting the outcome of the results.

The question they are asking is: why is government saying they have spent huge sum of money with nothing to show for it especially in other parts of the state/country? Should preparation for Covid-19 management be made only in the state capitals? What about towns that are very far from the isolation centres in the state capitals? Government should do something to accommodate the people by creating and equipping more centres in the hinter lands.

Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?

Blood and fire
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Benmax: 11:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
COVID 19 is Real.
I know late Pato.
He was transfered from GH ZANGO KATAF to G.H Gwantu here in Kaduna state.. may his soul rest in Peace.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by naijaman2225(m): 12:00am On Jun 08, 2020
kingi777:

I'm in Abuja and got the news of his demise. I called his line twice but no response. Here in Abuja, I'm yet to see who has died in my neighbourhood except the high profile ones we see/hear in the news

MY SYMPATHIES TO YOU AND HIS FAMILY.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by naijaman2225(m): 12:01am On Jun 08, 2020
Ningen:

SMH.

I'm not scared of Covid19 but people like you.

DAMN RIGHT.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by unscripted(m): 12:38am On Jun 08, 2020
yomi007k:
Do you see?

That is one valueable person lost to the unseriousness of many people. Another health worker down.

Alot of people will still come out to display their ignorance and call it a fake/ political tool. That's because we have not been opportune to be like US or Italy.
J

May the Soul Rest In Peace.
u mean being like us or Italy is an opportunity ?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Yong4ever: 12:44am On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink
what a senseless comment!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Ehizoje(m): 1:26am On Jun 08, 2020
Fake
Govt don still pay you again
Tell us the name of ur friend that died so we will that u are telling the truth....
No Decives ur self e no dey this country [b][/b]
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Ehizoje(m): 1:28am On Jun 08, 2020
Fake
Govt don still pay you again
Tell us the name of ur friend that died so we Will know that u are telling the truth....
No Decives ur self e no dey this country [b][/b]
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Heavengained1: 1:45am On Jun 08, 2020
I personally saw a list of 30 people who tested positive for Covid-19. One of them happens to be an acquintant of mine. This is not to scare anyone though, but it's here. We pray the good Lord keeps us and ours safe. Amen
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 3:56am On Jun 08, 2020
Kennitrust:
If this sickness actually kills us...

Two groups of people in this country will be responsible.

1: THE POLICE.

This guys will collect you N100 bribe and allow anyone to travel to anywhere.

2: THE FG.

these guys have been deceiving us in such a way that will make you doubt their GOOD MORNING!

A government that is founded on lies remain the worst thing to happen to the citizens.

Whether covid19 or not

May God be the One to choose my END. Amen
In all cases no matter what he is the one who will choose your death. Who else will?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 3:58am On Jun 08, 2020
kadiri3:
thunder strike u liar
I love the look on an ignoramuses face when what he doubts takes him.
-Anonymous-
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by muymacho: 4:01am On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink
If you know someone who has it then you most likely have it...
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Juliusmomoh: 4:40am On Jun 08, 2020
xpool:

What are you afraid of?
You said it does not exist? What then are you sending back?
If it exist in Nigeria, may you become the nairalander that Sheun will reveal to show us that covid19 is real
Is that a declearation .??
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Kalubolt(m): 6:08am On Jun 08, 2020
Kobicove:
Of course the Chinese virus is real.

Only foolish people here in Nigeria say it's not real cos we have been lucky not to be having the kind of casualties they had in Europe and America! undecided
why are we so lucky?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Kalubolt(m): 6:11am On Jun 08, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Ahaa wahala dey and the government dey ease the Lockdown and even planning to get the children back to school abeg make government put money into online learning for the children while this coro wahala goes flattened.. federal government make una hear word o..to even think many Nigerians get one sickness or the other for body come go carry coro join
How many people don die for your area concerning Coro
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Teaxa(m): 6:13am On Jun 08, 2020
Hmmm. Covid Indeed. Someone should please google Malaria with High Blood Pressure.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by CoolAmbience(m): 7:21am On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Grammarian!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by sugarboy212(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2020
Most people still don't believe there's Covid-19. Everyday FG keeps putting out figures of carriers of the Virus but people don't get to see them.@CanadaorBust hope you're in Canada? It seems the Covid-19 was well dealt with in Canada and well managed.
CanadaOrBust:

At a time 800 a day were dying in New York, a friend who lives there said the same thing - he didn’t know anybody who had it
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Memberclub(m): 7:45am On Jun 08, 2020
Livelyguy:
Fake news.

I discovered that from time to time, the government or NCDC looks for a poster candidate to spread fear of COVID. They usually appear on twitter or other social media platforms either as a Nurse or a doctor or a random person with a scary tale to say that they know someone who has been a victim of covid so as to personalise the whole thing.

Of all the diseases he suffered from, why must covid take the blame?

Covid in Nigeria is nothing but malaria.
People like you voted for Buhari.
Don't worry your family member will call you soon
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by smithyemy: 7:56am On Jun 08, 2020
relunctantly, i want to just advise that Covid 19 is REAL. It is a devilish incanated disease. Over there in Nigeria my mother called me she lost one of our family that resides in Lagos state. Here in UK, where it has killed over 40, 000 people: we have many Nigerians among them. I personally knew some Nigerians that were killed here by Coronavirus. For instance, last week while we were driving around BELVEDERE, my wife pointed at the office one of her closed Nigerian friend that died recently of COVID 19. Please. Disregard Covid at your own risk. Am imploring all my fellow Nairalanders to please start keeping safe. Stop commonising these Devilish and devil incantated disease. Please, ve no regard for gender or colour. Please, i care for you all. Nigeria government might be exaggerating the exact number but, that doesnt stop the covid from killing people. About 400,000 people ve died all over the world and we ve about 200, 000 blacks and Africans among them. So, my people think twice before you leap. Also,a word is enough for the wise. I love you all my fellow Nigeria. I missed Nigeria. Off to work. Bye.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by fredylee: 8:28am On Jun 08, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

At a time 800 a day were dying in New York, a friend who lives there said the same thing - he didn’t know anybody who had it

I have family friends that died from the disease.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Babinski: 8:48am On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Then covic 19 does not exist , if 800 people can die a day and someone there knew nobody.

Your population is 200 million. 13,000 out of your people have tested ostive to Coivid and 350 have died.

1. What is the mathematical probability that you will now someone who has died from Covid-19?

2. What is the mathematical probability you will know someone who knows someone who has died from Covid-19?

The answer is that the probability is very low, quite lower than the probability of you getting infected.

So keep safe and stop asking those types of questions.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Tapout(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Nobody is arguing that it doesn't exist in Nigeria. All we're saying is our government is blowing it out of proportion for their own personal gains and also using the media as a tool for fear mongering.
Don't bother to quote me if you have issues decoding simple English please

exactly!!! There's no need saying "personal gain" they are using it to loot funds simple.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by EzzyCarter: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2020
Tapout:

exactly!!! There's no need saying "personal gain" they are using it to loot funds simple.

They obviously are... opportunistic looters grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ceaser: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders. Since March this year, Covid-19 has been the major issue in Nigeria as it led to the shutingdown of the economy.

Many people don't believe the existence. My dear people, I was having a double opinion about the existence too. For the first time, I'm beginning to believe the pandemic does exist. My friend who was a Medical Laboratory Scientist with Kaduna State Ministry of Health and the head of the laboratory unit, Gwantu General Hospital was down with malaria like symptoms and treated himself for several days with no improvement.

Though he was a high blood pressure patient. The fever increased and symptoms of Covid-19 started manifesting. He was taken to Kafanchan Gen Hospital but no Doctor agreed to come close to him when they saw his critical condition. He was advised to check into the isolation centre but when they got there, there was nothing on ground as everywhere was dirty with no facility. The family was advised to take him to Kaduna isolation centre but he gave up the ghost as he was under distress all these while.

His samples were taken and it came out positive for Covid-19. His corpse is deposited at Kafanchan Gen Hospital at the moment. The people that were running up and down to save his life were helpless as they watched him dying. Their samples had been collected yesterday, taken to Kaduna today and are awaiting the outcome of the results.

The question they are asking is: why is government saying they have spent huge sum of money with nothing to show for it especially in other parts of the state/country? Should preparation for Covid-19 management be made only in the state capitals? What about towns that are very far from the isolation centres in the state capitals? Government should do something to accommodate the people by creating and equipping more centres in the hinter lands.

Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?

So sorry about your loss. Many in Nigeria believes the disease isn't real even if the disease burden appears lighter than malaria that kills more in Nigerians and the African subcontinent.

With that unbelieving mindset, a lot of Nigerians have thrown caution to the wind by refusing to adhere to precautionary measures, endangering themselves and other innocent Nigerians in the process.

Amongst the elite and most especially the political class, they have taken their own folly an extra notch by turning the situation into a looting venture, lying brazenly to the public that billions of naira have been expended in palliatives and construction of either non-existent or non-equipped isolation centres.

As if that foolery isn't enough, some have taken it further by slashing 25% of their state's civil service salary teeming it a "mandatory donation" for palliatives towards less privileged in the states while some have barefaced my tagged it a lie and refused testing and protection for the health workers in their state domain. I'm writing about that imp in Kaduna state and that sadist in Kogi state.

Well, there's more. The FG has just reneged on her signed agreement of improved hazard allowance for frontline covid health workers and other health workers at large. I hope the citizens will not revel in calling health workers names when they start industrial action in 12 days time. The government was supposed to have fulfilled her promise about two weeks ago. When questioned, they grumbled that they are broke. How da heck d'you expect citizens to believe that gibberish when days ago you approved NASS 200 billion budget and 27 billion naira NASS complex renovation while in the same breath you slashed the education and health budgets?

Who does that?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Blakjewelry(m): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2020
kingi777:

I'm in Abuja and got the news of his demise. I called his line twice but no response. Here in Abuja, I'm yet to see who has died in my neighbourhood except the high profile ones we see/hear in the news
I was sent a video of 4 dead people taken off a Lagos isolation center

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Am Not The Uber Driver That Carried Italian Coronavirus Patient- Man Cries Out / I Might Be Impotent / Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.