Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died (65156 Views)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / 5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Juliusmomoh: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
PrecisionFx:

8 million pple live in New York oga
U count dem.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kadiri3(m): 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I don’t understand why some people still thinks COVID-19 is a hoax
Sorry about your friend
is real hoax
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Juliusmomoh: 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
WordsWriter:

Don't be ignorant. There are over 200milion people living in Nigeria, and there are less than 12,000 corona virus positive people in the same Nigeria.

The probability you'll know someone with the virus is less than 0.00006%.

My friend and her dad died of covid-19 last week.
What !!!. U needed to be check up right away
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Juliusmomoh: 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
SocialJustice:
Idiots like you who can't construct a simple correct sentence are the people at the forefront saying Covid-19 is fake.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Juliusmomoh: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
ruggedtimi:
bro the virus is real...I know two people dead. I have seen the rivers state emergency ambulance carrying the virus patients regularly.
Jesus !!!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Scout60(m): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Back to sender

but u said that Corona virus in Nigeria is scam. U did not know anyone that contacted the virus yet you are not thankful.... nawaoh
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kadiri3(m): 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
rezy15:

Thousands have died from bombing and boko haram in Nigeria but i dont knw anyone personally who has died. Is that a scam too?
mumu how can u compare bomb and virus?we know person name that brought ebola to this country what about coro? did we know the person name?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ThatFairGuy: 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Back to sender
Why are you now scared? Is it now real?

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ThatFairGuy: 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Back to sender
Why are you now scared? Is it now real?

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by WordsWriter: 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

What !!!. U needed to be check up right away

Checked up why?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by tonididdy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:

I'm in Abuja and got the news of his demise. I called his line twice but no response. Here in Abuja, I'm yet to see who has died in my neighbourhood except the high profile ones we see/hear in the news

you are a bad friend to mourn your friend in this manner.
you could have passed your message without posting his photo on a public forum.
do you know you could cause his family stigmatization for this stupid act of yours?
who cares if covid19 is real or not?
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by tonididdy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2020
every death in this era is covid19.
my neighbor father died and before you know it NCDC men buried him in a hurry and isolated the wife indoors after fumigation the premises claiming the man was Covid19 infected before his death.

such a popular figure in the society buried like a chicken when he's not even a Muslim.

weeks later the wife is still kicking... am looking for the first son to reset his head with a slap... "go dig up your fathers grave and give him a befitting grand funeral ".
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by rezy15(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
kadiri3:
mumu how can u compare bomb and virus?we know person name that brought ebola to this country what about coro? did we know the person name?
Dumb response. You didnt even get the point. Nairaland and diaper members sef
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kadiri3(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2020
foleskay:
Its so real. Two of my boss Friends have died of the virus in Ajah. One was even asymptomatic initially before his condition deteriorated. Very rich entrepreneurs. cry
liar
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Jelzin2412(m): 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
Investnow2017:

This pandemic has revealed so much about Nigerians than I would ever have known. I now know why we are where we are. Some comments here stink and are abhorable. And from the tone of English some of these are literate but certainly not educated. I say so because if they were they would certainly know the implication of their expressed uninformed and jaundiced opinions. If the govt is corrupt does that detract from the glaring reality of the ravaging pandemic? Some said the govt is playing politic with it. How does that detract from the danger of the contagion? Some said malaria is worse but is malaria contagious? It is very, very sad, and this abysmal ignorance has led to the explosion of this virus in the world right now. I hope Africa gets out of it soon.

You have said it all...I'm tired of these folks
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Salako01(m): 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2020
Luckydubby7:
. Lol
Bro we are in the 7th month of this novel virus ooo
Remember covid19 started since December last year. And we recorded our first case since February oooo.
Lagos is opened for over 6 weeks now oooo
We are yet to start picking death bodies on our streets as predicted by u guys oooo.

Check again, I never said or ever predicted dead bodies on the street. But let me take you up on that bro. So, you mean the virus is only a reality to you when "they" start picking up dead bodies on the street. Wonderful grin grin
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink
Okay nah. May you not only know someone who knows someone that has died. I will be waiting for you to experience it so that you can tell me if it's real.
As for me, I want to keep hearing it in the news and reading it online. I don't want to know anyone who knows anyone that has been infected of affected by the virus.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by mrksquare: 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
A very close friend of mine just recovered from it as well in Port Harcourt. my mum is also a medical practitioners. And the hospital she works has come in contact with two COVID 19 carrier of which a doctor and two nurses were quarantined for 14 days and subsequently taken to the isolation center. indeed COVID 19 is real.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kadiri3(m): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
xpool:

You people just trivialize everything until it is late.
I was with my friend today and he told of a guy he knew that had covid19, that was treated and is out of the treatment centre now.
Your friend is a liar
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
otokx:
They will never believe even when it hits someone close to them.
I pray it doesn't hit someone close to them but hit them directly so that their believe will be strong enough.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kadiri3(m): 10:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
doublejoyful:
A doctor died on my street 2 weeks ago. He contacted it through a patient and he also infected his mum and children. Others survived but he did not survive
thunder strike u liar
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by olajizz01(m): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Livelyguy:
Fake news.

I discovered that from time to time, the government or NCDC looks for a poster candidate to spread fear of COVID. They usually appear on twitter or other social media platforms either as a Nurse or a doctor or a random person with a scary tale to say that they know someone who has been a victim of covid so as to personalise the whole thing.

Of all the diseases he suffered from, why must covid take the blame?

Covid in Nigeria is nothing but malaria.
Truely,ignorance is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by maasoap(m): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
yomi007k:
Do you see?

That is one valueable person lost to the unseriousness of many people. Another health worker down.

Alot of people will still come out to display their ignorance and call it a fake/ political tool. That's because we have not been opportune to be like US or Italy.

May the Soul Rest In Peace.

You meant to say that we haven't been "unfortunate" to be like USA or Italy
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Lorayne(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders. Since March this year, Covid-19 has been the major issue in Nigeria as it led to the shutingdown of the economy.

Many people don't believe the existence. My dear people, I was having a double opinion about the existence too. For the first time, I'm beginning to believe the pandemic does exist. My friend who was a Medical Laboratory Scientist with Kaduna State Ministry of Health and the head of the laboratory unit, Gwantu General Hospital was down with malaria like symptoms and treated himself for several days with no improvement.

Though he was a high blood pressure patient. The fever increased and symptoms of Covid-19 started manifesting. He was taken to Kafanchan Gen Hospital but no Doctor agreed to come close to him when they saw his critical condition. He was advised to check into the isolation centre but when they got there, there was nothing on ground as everywhere was dirty with no facility. The family was advised to take him to Kaduna isolation centre but he gave up the ghost as he was under distress all these while.

His samples were taken and it came out positive for Covid-19. His corpse is deposited at Kafanchan Gen Hospital at the moment. The people that were running up and down to save his life were helpless as they watched him dying. Their samples had been collected yesterday, taken to Kaduna today and are awaiting the outcome of the results.

The question they are asking is: why is government saying they have spent huge sum of money with nothing to show for it especially in other parts of the state/country? Should preparation for Covid-19 management be made only in the state capitals? What about towns that are very far from the isolation centres in the state capitals? Government should do something to accommodate the people by creating and equipping more centres in the hinter lands.

Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?
Hmm... I'm in Gwantu and I've not heard anything about this yet.
Will go into town to confirm tomorrow sha
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

U count dem.

It's new York, but ur zoo
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by maasoap(m): 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Nobody is arguing that it doesn't exist in Nigeria. All we're saying is our government is blowing it out of proportion for their own personal gains and also using the media as a tool for fear mongering.
Don't bother to quote me if you have issues decoding simple English please

What is the figure that they're blowing out of proportion? And your government doesn't need covid-19 to steal
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by maasoap(m): 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
davibid:
I never doubted it’s existence, only that Nigeria politicized it and turned it to money making venture...

Like NCDC is now the current oil well in Nigeria

Smh

What money making? What is the amount set aside for covid-19 in Nigeria that can be up to what your governments steal when there was no covid-19
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kadiri3(m): 11:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
mrksquare:
A very close friend of mine just recovered from it as well in Port Harcourt. my mum is also a medical practitioners. And the hospital she works has come in contact with two COVID 19 carrier of which a doctor and two nurses were quarantined for 14 days and subsequently taken to the isolation center. indeed COVID 19 is real.
ur mom is lying to u
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by maasoap(m): 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Livelyguy:
Fake news.

I discovered that from time to time, the government or NCDC looks for a poster candidate to spread fear of COVID. They usually appear on twitter or other social media platforms either as a Nurse or a doctor or a random person with a scary tale to say that they know someone who has been a victim of covid so as to personalise the whole thing.

Of all the diseases he suffered from, why must covid take the blame?

Covid in Nigeria is nothing but malaria.

Because that's what killed him. Because that's how covid-19 creates his potential dead victims.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by thatigboman: 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

U better join him there
will do. After u join ur dead papa in his grave
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by mindtricks: 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders. Since March this year, Covid-19 has been the major issue in Nigeria as it led to the shutingdown of the economy.

Many people don't believe the existence. My dear people, I was having a double opinion about the existence too. For the first time, I'm beginning to believe the pandemic does exist. My friend who was a Medical Laboratory Scientist with Kaduna State Ministry of Health and the head of the laboratory unit, Gwantu General Hospital was down with malaria like symptoms and treated himself for several days with no improvement.

Though he was a high blood pressure patient. The fever increased and symptoms of Covid-19 started manifesting. He was taken to Kafanchan Gen Hospital but no Doctor agreed to come close to him when they saw his critical condition. He was advised to check into the isolation centre but when they got there, there was nothing on ground as everywhere was dirty with no facility. The family was advised to take him to Kaduna isolation centre but he gave up the ghost as he was under distress all these while.

His samples were taken and it came out positive for Covid-19. His corpse is deposited at Kafanchan Gen Hospital at the moment. The people that were running up and down to save his life were helpless as they watched him dying. Their samples had been collected yesterday, taken to Kaduna today and are awaiting the outcome of the results.

The question they are asking is: why is government saying they have spent huge sum of money with nothing to show for it especially in other parts of the state/country? Should preparation for Covid-19 management be made only in the state capitals? What about towns that are very far from the isolation centres in the state capitals? Government should do something to accommodate the people by creating and equipping more centres in the hinter lands.

Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?

This is true the Nigerian situation, not all the official lies.
If you ever have need for such help, you will find out that you are on your own.
What you hear govt official say they have is totally different what you will meet on ground in real life.
Why should they even take the commoners' health/welfare that serious?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Am Not The Uber Driver That Carried Italian Coronavirus Patient- Man Cries Out / Coco Samba Sexual Stimulant Can Kill - NAFDAC / I Might Be Impotent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.