Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died (65149 Views)

FG Shuts Down Med Contour Plastic Surgery Facility After Botched Surgery (photos / 5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by olumide4christ: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2020
rezy15:

Thousands have died from bombing and boko haram in Nigeria but i dont knw anyone personally who has died. Is that a scam too?

Abeg... please ask him ooo...some Nigerians are just unreasonable!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by rezy15(m): 11:20am On Jun 08, 2020
bluefilm:

If you go to those areas where boko haram is laying siege, chances are you will meet someone that knows someone who has died from the terror attacks.

But if I come to your community now and ask you to pinpoint someone you know, or even still, point out someone you know who knows someone who has died of the said COVID, something tells me it won't be that easy for you.

Covid is a hoax.

They took ordinary common flu virus and renamed it covid just to scare the hell out of the masses thereby forcing them to give up their freedom.

I am glad the people are finally waking up to the game and realizing that COVID19 is not worth all that hype and drama.
A colleague of my sister died from it in kano. A bunch of friends of hers in zamfara showed symptoms for weeks. Corona is in Nigeria. Who you should be dragging are the officials handling the tracking and testing which in my opinion is largely under reported. Those guys in zamfara didnt even report it

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by thelinguist: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2020
Salako01:

Check again, I never said or ever predicted dead bodies on the street. But let me take you up on that bro. So, you mean the virus is only a reality to you when "they" start picking up dead bodies on the street. Wonderful grin grin
why is new York and Palermo littered with dead bodies and Lagos is not?.. Even with their better health facilities

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by thelinguist: 11:31am On Jun 08, 2020
maasoap:

What is the figure that they're blowing out of proportion? And your government doesn't need covid-19 to steal
but ncdc needs it to steal!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
coputa:
When malaria/typhoid reads 2+,what happens: blood presure/heart beat increases this lead to difficulty in breating,taste bud dies leading loss of taste and smell.Mosquitoe/malaria/typhoid fever kills more than hunger in Africa. Na malaria nor be coro, morquitoe bite and bad water is our problem..nor be coro coro

bro as at 2018, i did maralia test, it reads 3+, but i never took it serious, i kept over a year plus before i treat it.
may be something else kill am
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by bilulu(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Have u been there b4 ..
Very funny.... I speak from first hand experience not sitting down in Nigeria and speak base on hearsay....
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Salako01(m): 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2020
thelinguist:
why is new York and Palermo littered with dead bodies and Lagos is not?.. Even with their better health facilities

I don't even understand your scope. If the streets of NY is filled with bodies, doesn't this now show that the virus is real. Real and not a propagation of the government. If you guys say that the number of corona postive persons has been politicised and not reflective of actual number then that I can agree with, but denying the the existence of the virus is only mind bugling grin
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Hakintoyey(m): 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

At a time 800 a day were dying in New York, a friend who lives there said the same thing - he didn’t know anybody who had it

Do people even pray to know people that have the virus ?
Why then do they pray that evil will not befall someone that will affect them.
We don't know what we want in Nigeria.
Covid-19 is real and it come like malaria, but it is isn't malaria because malaria is not infectious.
What I can't dispute is our mismanagement of the outbreak and the money involved
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by SirWarlock: 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2020
thelinguist:
where did dead bodies litter streets in New York? Were the authorities asleep? undecided
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Hakintoyey(m): 1:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Then covic 19 does not exist , if 800 people can die a day and someone there knew nobody.

Pls do you know the population of New York.
Do you know the population of Nigeria compared to the confirmed cases. It's like a drop of water in the ocean.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ahahnow: 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Why.

Because you are a mumu
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Merciful77: 4:27pm On Jun 08, 2020
Scam here and there.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by efavour: 4:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
If it is real , why don't i know someone who know someone that have the sickness.. .. Anyway u needed to be checkup,, who know's if you yourself is safe.wink
my former co worker died. I knew him well, the last time we worked together, I helped check his blood pressure and it was pretty high, I told him to do something about it, he is young but a big guy, he confessed he has diabetes too. So I wasn't surprised he couldn't beat it.He is the only person we lost in that facility with about 3 residents. And mind you, that facilities have more than 100 in about 7 houses workers. Few others tested positive and quarantined for 14 days without any serious symptoms. The whole facility have just been declared covid free and now conducts every week mandatory training for everyone.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
Vyzz:
Come on

We know it is real
A lot of people don't believe is real. They are waiting to for it affect someone close to them before they believe.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by xpool(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2020
kadiri3:
Your friend is a liar
You are now, god
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by thelinguist: 7:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
efavour:
my former co worker died. I knew him well, the last time we worked together, I helped check his blood pressure and it was pretty high, I told him to do something about it, he is young but a big guy, he confessed he has diabetes too. So I wasn't surprised he couldn't beat it.He is the only person we lost in that facility with about 3 residents. And mind you, that facilities have more than 100 in about 7 houses workers. Few others tested positive and quarantined for 14 days without any serious symptoms. The whole facility have just been declared covid free and now conducts every week mandatory training for everyone.
he could have died from blood pressure or diabetics

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by andrewtosin(m): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
And this one will be saying he went to school oh. Chei!
TASng:
every sickness & death is now tagged to covid-19, because NCDC need to justify billions of naira they collected.

it's an open secret, all the people that benefit from this SCAMDEMIC are very despirate, the are defending their looting and want it to continue.

we now have NCDC on nairaland & other social media to counter all allegations.

it's very glaring in our eye, that there is nothing like covid-19 in Nigeria, but covid-419 malaria.

Those who actually died are those who have a direct contact from abroad & they are not upto 10.

Stop this nonsense
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Joshmanuel10(m): 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
kingi777:
Good day Nairalanders. Since March this year, Covid-19 has been the major issue in Nigeria as it led to the shutingdown of the economy.

Many people don't believe the existence. My dear people, I was having a double opinion about the existence too. For the first time, I'm beginning to believe the pandemic does exist. My friend who was a Medical Laboratory Scientist with Kaduna State Ministry of Health and the head of the laboratory unit, Gwantu General Hospital was down with malaria like symptoms and treated himself for several days with no improvement.

Though he was a high blood pressure patient. The fever increased and symptoms of Covid-19 started manifesting. He was taken to Kafanchan Gen Hospital but no Doctor agreed to come close to him when they saw his critical condition. He was advised to check into the isolation centre but when they got there, there was nothing on ground as everywhere was dirty with no facility. The family was advised to take him to Kaduna isolation centre but he gave up the ghost as he was under distress all these while.

His samples were taken and it came out positive for Covid-19. His corpse is deposited at Kafanchan Gen Hospital at the moment. The people that were running up and down to save his life were helpless as they watched him dying. Their samples had been collected yesterday, taken to Kaduna today and are awaiting the outcome of the results.

The question they are asking is: why is government saying they have spent huge sum of money with nothing to show for it especially in other parts of the state/country? Should preparation for Covid-19 management be made only in the state capitals? What about towns that are very far from the isolation centres in the state capitals? Government should do something to accommodate the people by creating and equipping more centres in the hinter lands.

Corona virus (Covid-19) is real!
Do you know anybody anywhere in Nigeria who has died as a result of Covid-19?

His family moved him to d hospital shouldn't they be infected... Since he was having malaria symptoms
The family have friends and the friends have friends...
So?
Well may his soul rest in peace
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by jmichael259(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2020
Luckydubby7:
I was totally surprised to heard u say covid19 killed your friend after mentioning all these sicknesses he was suffering from.

Yes people who succumb to covid-19 tend to have underlying illness that weakened their immune system.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

Boss where you dey na

As I see your comments I go straight to comment but thread closed. I thought it was opened.

Hope dey on you ooooo cool

Hope you are fine boss?

will be open before weekend boss
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by OYENIYIJK: 9:25pm On Jun 09, 2020
chuksbaby:
will be open before weekend boss
No p BOSS
You dey give me JOY

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ceejayluv(m): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
naturefellow:
be careful! Don't be ignorant. You may have the virus and not be even aware of it. Because people react to it differently owing to factors such as immunity, blood type, pre-existing health issues.

If i told you that I think i am presently Covid-19 positive, would you believe?

I experienced some of the symptoms described here including malaria. I've treated malaria. I'm left with loss of appetite, taste and smell (anosmia and aguesia) and a shortness of breath, tiredness I can manage. Look up these online to confirm.

Other severe symptoms as fever, chest pain, coughing, etc are non-existent.

I am recovering I'm glad to say. My sense of smell and taste are recovering. I can now gradually taste pepper in my food, 7up doesn't taste like water anymore and i am strong to go about normal daily activities.

However, i am going to a test center tomorrow for diagnosis and treatment if possible, so i don't put others' health at risk, especially those who may not have immunity like mine.

I thank God for good health and life. Don't wait for a loved one to be claimed by the virus before you believe.
Stay safe, Covid-19 is real!!!
How long did it take to start recovering sense of smell? For two days now I can't perceive anything at All.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by naturefellow(m): 12:53am On Jun 12, 2020
ceejayluv:

How long did it take to start recovering sense of smell? For two days now I can't perceive anything at All.
Over a week. Almost fully recovered!
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by ceejayluv(m): 12:54am On Jun 12, 2020
naturefellow:
Over a week. Almost fully recovered!
Alright, Thank God. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by solonazzy: 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2020
Investnow2017:

So what exactly have you said now? .
if u re sensible, Ull get d point
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by doublejoyful: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Check out dis link

https://www.thegazellenews.com/2020/05/19/exclusive-how-lagos-doctor-contracted-covid-19-infected-his-entire-family-lost-his-life-to-the-virus/

Na my personal doctor, my friend reverse ur curse ooooo. Dis life no hard

kadiri3:
thunder strikeu liar
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by knowhowk: 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Then covic 19 does not exist , if 800 people can die a day and someone there knew nobody.
Covic 19 does not exist but Covid 19 do exist .Group of Ignorance pedlers.
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by knowhowk: 11:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
What the Hell about unnecessary and blind argument about Covid 19 Reality .Any Ignorant person that says Covid 19 is fake / Scam ,Can't U simply go to Any of the Isolation centres and prove your ignorance ,Simply use your hand to wipe the sweet of just one Patient and lick it ,Wait for two weeks and let's see . Nonsense ,They are use to coming on here to spew thrash .The most Painful part of it is that they don't keep there stupid Ignorance to themselves they spread it
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by kadiri3(m): 9:05am On Jul 06, 2020
doublejoyful:
Check out dis link

https://www.thegazellenews.com/2020/05/19/exclusive-how-lagos-doctor-contracted-covid-19-infected-his-entire-family-lost-his-life-to-the-virus/

Na my personal doctor, my friend reverse ur curse ooooo. Dis life no hard

no name of doctor no location where he's staying.is still scam
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by doublejoyful: 9:38am On Jul 06, 2020
Obviously, u did not open the link at all.

Now i know y u called me a liar and cursed me. Its because even when u see truth u can recognise it

kadiri3:
no name of doctor no location where he's staying.is still scam
Re: Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died by Acme45: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
raphok1:
Someone also just died of MALARIA bro. It's as real as MALARIA, nothing special. In fact, if u see the stats of people that die every day of MALARIA, u go shock.
you are 101% correct

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Might Be Impotent / I Am Not The Uber Driver That Carried Italian Coronavirus Patient- Man Cries Out / Nigerian Foods That Help Lower Blood Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.