Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 (21563 Views)

573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
jayworld15:
Why is it that all these unions go on strike immediately there’s an emergent situation? Even though they’re half-baked doctors, teachers, lawyers, engineers, etc. immediately there’s an emergency, that’s when you’ll see these mofos going on strike. Wickedness of the highest order. In order not to absolve FG from these crimes of negligence, inconsideration, wickedness, corruption and myopic thinking; I think FG should, even though I know it is not feasible, sort things out with them, otherwise, things would escalate beyond the “normal levels”. This will be too bad for the already SUFFERING and SMILING citizens.
Empty rant undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
foleskay:
Yeye dey smell. What's their usefulness before and during d pandemic. Nigeria doctors arent doing anything special, let not the govt be intimidated or buoyed by their strike threats. Most people with covid 19 are recovering by themselves without d help of any fvcking doctors.
The only doctors doing great are d European and d US doctors. Our doctors here ain't doing shvit. Infact let them go on eternal strike, Nigeria version of covid 19 is not lethal. We're OK undecided
Misleading comment undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Exmilitant(m): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aren't they on strike already? What about those who fled their duties in Kano, Borno and other states?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by FlordFlorez(m): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
This people and strike. Anyways, i cant blame them. We shouldn't expect them to be working under ill condition while ordinary aide to public officials enjoys more working condition and more pay than them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by lilyheaven: 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
They should go
At least 6 months strike will be fine

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Euegene100001: 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by kennieG(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chinkos99:
Thanks for those that called already
Hello
My fellow nairalanders
Please I broke up with my girlfriend few months ago
I have been begging hee for forgiveness since this week to come back to my life, but she refused

Please help me tell her chisom is really sorry
Her name is Joy (09014481377)
Please at least 20 persons, we can do this
Text is also allowed
Are you ok upstairs ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by xtremecomedian(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
So sad. Meanwhile see Nigerians at Hospitals;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsfKkjDMqg8&t=4s
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by michoim(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2020
All your demands cannot be met...there is no where all demands are met...
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by sacajawea: 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
Eazie351:
2020 should come and be going sef.

Shut the Bleep up! And stop being a Fool!!
Be serious for once in your miserable life!
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by tillaman(m): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
Shebi FG has borrowed money make them pay doctors na
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Ryocaj(m): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2020
N d useless govt approved 27B for renovation.. who cursed Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by DModeCntStopMe: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
heykims:
Blame ur govt not the doctors
And nobody should talk nonsense about doctors not putting patients fitst they should work with empty stomach?
27 billion naira was just approved to renovate the legislators house in Abuja

It's 37 not 27 before our legislooters sue you for making mockery of their mansion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Ceasardgreat(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
Very useless government
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by PaulH07: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
heykims:

U call a doctor doing housemanship a student? U are ignorant.

In Nigeria, if you don't look old, people don't believe you deserve what you're earning, no matter your input.

It's just a bastardized psyche. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Chinkos99(m): 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
timekeeper1:
If na for their interest, no issue

I no get card... Send me her whatsapp number abeg make. I help u beg am

+2348152998172
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by PaulH07: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
xtremecomedian:
So sad. Meanwhile see Nigerians at Hospitals;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsfKkjDMqg8&t=4s

Lols. How can I get this please? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by MoIbrahim: 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
saraki2019:
May God help us, apart from provision of PPE for covid 19 all other issues are monetary, when you think we have heatless leaders, then the so-called populace are worst,
Come to think of it ASUU are on strike and now NMA are.going amid a pandemic.
When other country like new Zealand are coming out of the pandemic Nigerians doctors and suppose researchers are on holiday
Your mates are commenting that government should be asked to re-channel that 37 billion for NASS renovation into health and education, your own contribution is to promote slavery. Later, you people will say you are not lazy.

Well done o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Chinkos99(m): 1:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
timekeeper1:

Bros... Abeg gimme her whatsapp number.... This number no dey whatsapp..

Make. I help u chat am grin

+2348152998172
Don't do something stupid
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by otokx(m): 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
Its a pathetic situation in many of our hospitals, how can you issue a doctor one N95 mask since the epidemic began and expect the doctor to perform optimally?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Ajibel(m): 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chinkos99:
Thanks for those that called already
Hello
My fellow nairalanders
Please I broke up with my girlfriend few months ago
I have been begging hee for forgiveness since this week to come back to my life, but she refused

Please help me tell her chisom is really sorry
Her name is Joy (+2348152998172)
Please at least 20 persons, we can do this
Text is also allowed

grin grin grin Loverboy
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by sanpipita(m): 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
saraki2019:
May God help us, apart from provision of PPE for covid 19 all other issues are monetary, when you think we have heatless leaders, then the so-called populace are worst,
When other country like new Zealand are coming out of the pandemic Nigerians doctors and suppose researchers are on holiday

Shut up, do you think new Zealand were able to achieve that by short changing doctors

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by engrjacuzzi: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hmm....they prioritize a lot of things in this country. Can't we for once hear Senate go on strike
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by DevCareer: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chinkos99:

+2348152 Don't do something stupid Thanks

The girl fine oo
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
Chinkos99:

+23481 Thanks
Ok
Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Chinomonkey: 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
urchcoded:
he's a student doctor
No..you're ignorant
There is nothing like a student doctor, either you're a doctor or you're a student ..the joke is on you..go and check out the meaning of a houseofficer..I don't need to school you further

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Tupaq: 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
'Yeye dey smell. What's their usefulness before and during d pandemic. Nigeria doctors arent doing anything special, let not the govt be intimidated or buoyed by their strike threats. Most people with covid 19 are recovering by themselves without d help of any fvcking doctors.
The only doctors doing great are d European and d US doctors. Our doctors here ain't doing shvit. Infact let them go on eternal strike, Nigeria version of covid 19 is not lethal. We're OK undecided'

Stop deceiving people. Don't add the growing number of people with corona virus. Please take responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by Decimus: 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
saraki2019:
What do you mean apart from provision of PPE? Is that even excusable? They swore an oath to save lives, not to get themselves killed. Even before the advent of the pandemic i watched as a young doctor lost her life cos of the condition she was subjected to while treating a Lassa fever patient.

You are talking about New Zealand, please go and check the money allocated to health and education in that country and compare it to your country first. I'm sure all the health workers in that country are not only well paid but they also have life insurance. But your government here lied about increment of hazard allowance to the media but as of yet, nothing has been done.

It took ages before the paltry Minimum wage of just 30k to be approved, but the politicians got the latest Camry, even amidst the pandemic and they are always sending Millions into the personal accounts of their side chicks.

In fact, all ministries and para -statals are supposed to go on an industrial action, including TUC, NLC, television and radio broadcasters ,NUPENG, etc. That's part of the only way to get the country back, but if you keep encouraging mediocrity as you are used to, nothing will change. Nigeria is a very wealthy country, but very few people gave cornered the wealth and they are not ready to let go easily.

Leave the doctors alone and face your government.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors To Begin Nationwide Strike June 15 Amid COVID-19 by xtremecomedian(m): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
Head On to my YouTube / IG wink
PaulH07:

Lols. How can I get this please? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Madagascar's Covid-Organics Can’t Cure COVID-19, Only Cures Cough – Ehanire / Lagos Discharges Eight More Coronavirus Patients / Causes Of Asthma And Its Top Early Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.