Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order (49591 Views)

Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch / Zahrah Audu: I Will Use Mothers Of Political Thugs To Secure Ballot Boxes / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by kolawolejohn(m): 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
idonhammer:
As a confirmed landlord, I hate broke ass tenants with passion. You no get money, you go dey live for fine house.You even get the guts to drag the owner of the house to court as person wey go school. If na me,I go use Juju finish you

I will give you only 72 hours and after that na you go use your hands bring my house keys for me unless you want to die in that house. I will show you power that supersedes court order.

Nonsense, you even dey even drink bottle water.

Shut up jor! What did you build that someone has not done times 100 of it...which juju do you have that you think is the ultimate? Learn to show empathy. You were once a broke ass too.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Zane2point4(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
Some tennants can be very wicked that u will be forced to exact this same treatment to them.
If only they know the cost of building a house in nigeria and how long you'll need to cover such money then they'll always pay up in time.

Person go owe you rent, destroy the rented apartment, still get mind sue you to court and court go still give him grace of 6months.

Abeg am with the landlord on this.

4 Likes

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Zane2point4(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Tango123:
Op, when was the last time the tenants paid rent

People are always quick to blame landlords, forgetting that landlords are human beings who also need money

Unless u become a landlord, u will always jump in defence of tenants

As a landlord myself, while i don't support inappropriate behaviour, i will never condemn a landlord until i hear what the tenant did

I have had a tenant who lived in my dad's property for years without paying, but built his own house at the same time.

A tenant in my own house refused to pay rent, but was building a house for himself.
Honestly these tennants don do person smhn that i always support wicked landlords.
Person go scatter ur house finish den run out to without balancing his depth and utility bills to another fresh building.
If u ask of rent they will use covid 19 as excuse.
And our judiciary system isnt even fair on landlords, it favors tennants more.

3 Likes

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Seniorwriter(m): 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2020
ForeThinker:

Greetings....

I'm a walking, talking enigma.

Nice to know....Why not join me in creating a theater of writers....Our society is full of persons with very low IQ + EQ due to the dwindling love for reading & writing .....Kindly join us to change this narrative.

Regards.
writercharlse@gmail.com.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by jaxxy(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
Dripy:
Impunity of the ruling class and bourgeoisie as well as their disregard for court rulings and the judiciary is a recurring decimal.

If you do not have money in this Nigeria, you have no rights, such a pity. Homelessness is something I do not wish for anybody.

May God bless all legit hustlers to build their own houses.

There shud be consequences for disobeying court ruling like this. That woman shud be arrested or fined.

1 Like

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by idonhammer: 6:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lydia you too fine,but why you come dey use cheap air freshener as you fine reach? Abeg inbox me I want tell you something.

Lydiahandmade:
So you get power to kill person? Why you no use that same power make Nigeria better. Nonsense, I pity your tenants if truly you have one.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by idonhammer: 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Gbam!

Validated:

Many of them are in Lagos. Fashola gave them privilege they turn it to rights. Any tenant not willing to pay should be sent parking.
Did the court buy any bag of cement or pay interest on loan borrowed to build the house?
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by cnonyechi(f): 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2020
zeal22:
Its in times like this I wished Nigerians have legal firearm ownership. If person breach your property you light their ass up.

Immediately my brother.

1 Like

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by juniorstar(m): 7:10pm On Jun 09, 2020
that's why u must strive to have your own house...my landlord once visited us telling everyone to remove their air-conditioning unit from his house. even though the house was damn hot. nothing Pesin no go see for another man house.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by favour32(m): 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Women. Once their husband are in power or once in power they believe they are above the law. They boastfully exhibit that pride in them without fear.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by favour32(m): 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2020
favour32:
[
[quote]
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by EricSmallz(m): 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
mikaelzX:
I thought about this, but in this case, the real landlord is her husband, I'm just wondering if the husband can be held accountable for the wife's act.

Are you a lawyer? Kindly explain.

The husband can only be held liable if the woman acted as the husband's agent, else, He cannot be vicariously liable for the wrongs of his wife. But, if the Judgment of the court will have adverse effect on the man's property, He may by himself apply to be a party to the suit thereby persuading the court to be lenient and mitigate damages that will be awarded against them.

1 Like

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by favour32(m): 7:23pm On Jun 09, 2020
[quote author=favour32 post=90490789
∆∆∆✓
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Phenom10101: 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2020
we should hustle more and build our own houses and forget about landlords and landlady's shit
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by zikrolly: 7:29pm On Jun 09, 2020
Wow, she will definitely be committed to criminal contempt proceeding, I have appeared severally before the Magistrate that Signed the Court order, he does not tolerate lawlessness.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Okoroawusa: 7:31pm On Jun 09, 2020
SaintBeehot:
we've no options than respectfully enjoy the set of people we voted in
Who u "voted" in?

Princess Audu?
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Yankee101: 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
Tenants from hell

They owe you for years, take you to court to get extensions and buy new cars in front of you

I have an idea of what she's gone through and had to take crazy measures. That's why people don't want to invest in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by EricSmallz(m): 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
SavageResponse:

Someone is occupying her property without paying rent and you're here talking rubbish.

She has done her worst, go and rally the tenant so you both can do your worst also.

It's very obvious from your comments that you're a habitual delinquent tenant!
You are daft. That is the eyeview of the law. Landlords and Tenancy laws are usually construed to favor the tenants, knowing fully well that it is the landlord that has the bargaining power and the landlord usually the weaker party.
If injecting tenants with selfhelp is lawful, who do you think there is need to make issue quit notices and owners intention to recover premises to tenants? You are just fooling yourself because maybe you built a house and couldn't feed yourself thereafter. Try it and eject your tenants with selfhelp and God help you its a tenant that can grab reciepts of things he never had and see if you will not sell that your house to pay damages. Orsuor
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by utepu: 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2020
We are not told what is between the tenant and the landlord. However, forceful ejection is bad. Some tenants too are difficult. Hmmmm it is really frustrating to have a bad tenant. You will feel like commiting with their attitude.

1 Like

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by jaytee01(m): 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
Forget all this long sob story.... . It is rare for any reasonable landlord to move against a tenant in this way if not for non fulfilment of rental obligations.

Some tenants are more wicked than the devil. They will go to any length to avoid paying rent on time and even try to live in the house for free!

1 Like

Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Yankee101: 7:40pm On Jun 09, 2020
Xisnin:

She will survive and thrive, this is a civil case.

Don't mind the guy. Civil case judgment wey go be monetary and she go refuse to pay. You need the same police to enforce and she has them on her side.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by kenzo25(m): 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2020
Some tenants deserve some kind of punishment , that’s why some landlord don’t like to have some kind of people as their tenants.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by mikaelzX(m): 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2020
EricSmallz:

The husband can only be held liable if the woman acted as the husband's agent, else, He cannot be vicariously liable for the wrongs of his wife. But, if the Judgment of the court will have adverse effect on the man's property, He may by himself apply to be a party to the suit thereby persuading the court to be lenient and mitigate damages that will be awarded against them.
Thanks for your insights. It looks like a loophole exonerating the landlord has been exploited.
What would an experienced lawyer representing the tenant do at this point?
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Roma10: 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2020
Some tenants self Pay your house rent in time u no go pay Live my house na wahala Let's do it the hard way den¿
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by EricSmallz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2020
mikaelzX:
Thanks for your insights. It looks like a loophole exonerating the landlord has been exploited.
What would an experienced lawyer representing the tenant do at this point?
He will file an action of forceful ejection from the premises his client entered legally. You can only force a trespasser out of your premises, not somebody who entered legally. He will enlist damaged items and their prices, it will be too good if he has receipts to prove same, expenses incured maybe in hotels, transportation and trauma etc. All he needs to prove is that he was forcefully ejected without a court order. The court frowns so much at that act and the damages the court will give will likely overwhelme the landlord. Unless the lawyer doesn't know how to frame things up.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by ODJ124(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2020
Angelfrost:

Yeah... Probably rehabilitating and repairing it too. Just chill with your properties under the rain and sun till December.
grin
Angelfrost:

Yeah... Probably rehabilitating and repairing it too. Just chill with your properties under the rain and sun till December.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by Yankee101: 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
zikrolly:
Wow, she will definitely be committed to criminal contempt proceeding, I have appeared severally before the Magistrate that Signed the Court order, he does not tolerate lawlessness.

He wants to retire early

Unfortunately, nigeria like most developing systems, have untouchables, she's married into one of those houses. Audu gave Dangote his biggest cement business, Yahaya Bello is serving out Audu's mandate etc etc

They've been breaking the law since 1886 and still roaming free

https://www.nairaland.com/2767019/mustapha-audu-wife-court-2013
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by demoBaba: 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
Some tenant are so wicked.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by mikaelzX(m): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
EricSmallz:

He will file an action of forceful ejection from the premises his client entered legally. You can only force a trespasser out of your premises, not somebody who entered legally. He will enlist damaged items and their prices, it will be too good if he has receipts to prove same, expenses incured maybe in hotels, transportation and trauma etc. All he needs to prove is that he was forcefully ejected without a court order. The court frowns so much at that act and the damages the court will give will likely overwhelme the landlord. Unless the lawyer doesn't know how to frame things up.
wow
I wish to ask you more questions, like which court has jurisdiction over the case, how is the judge assigned, to what level of court can appeals be taken(federal high court, court of appeals, or supreme court), and finally what's the possible maximum duration the case can run for.
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by SaintBeehot(m): 8:11pm On Jun 09, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Who u "voted" in?
Princess Audu?
their fathers
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by jaytee01(m): 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2020
mikaelzX:
I thought about this, but in this case, the real landlord is her husband, I'm just wondering if the husband can be held accountable for the wife's act.

Are you a lawyer? Kindly explain.
I dey suspect you!
Re: Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order by arazanbal: 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2020
idonhammer:
As a confirmed landlord, I hate broke ass tenants with passion. You no get money, you go dey live for fine house.You even get the guts to drag the owner of the house to court as person wey go school. If na me,I go use Juju finish you

I will give you only 72 hours and after that na you go use your hands bring my house keys for me unless you want to die in that house. I will show you power that supersedes court order.

Nonsense, you even dey even drink bottle water.

your mind too strong.take am easy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Infrastructural Development Ongoing In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Sunday Igboho And Oduduwa Agitators Chase Away DSS Officer (Video) / Seven Shot As Another Police Station Is Razed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.