Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd (50323 Views)

Trump Ignored Nancy Pelosi's Handshake Before She Tore His Speech / FaceApp: U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer Calls For Investigation / "Racist" Throwback Video: Obama, Clintons, Schumer, Democrats "Hate Immigrants" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by XXLMANDIGO: 2:53am On Jun 10, 2020
Pelosi, Schumer kneel in silence for almost 9 minutes to honor George Floyd

Senior Democratic lawmakers, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.), knelt during a moment of silence shortly before unveiling a legislative package of police reforms Monday.

About two dozen lawmakers knelt for eight minutes and 46 seconds as a tribute to George Floyd, the unarmed African American man who died after a now-former Minneapolis police officer pinned his knee on Floyd's neck during an arrest for that length of time.

Lawmakers, wearing African kente cloth scarves, knelt in the Capitol Visitor Center before holding a press conference to unveil their legislation in response to almost two weeks of nationwide protests over police brutality toward African Americans.

"We are here to honor George Floyd," Pelosi said before the moment of silence began.

After almost nine minutes, Pelosi and the other lawmakers stood back up, though the Speaker needed the help of an aide due to her tall stilettos.

"You see how long it was to have that knee on his neck," Pelosi said afterward.

Senate Democrats held a similar moment of silence last week.

"To every one of us, it was excruciating. It seemed an unbearably long amount of time. It felt so painful to get even an inkling of how this man and so many black Americans have suffered for so long," Schumer said before Monday's moment of silence.

Democrats' sweeping legislative package includes several proposals from members of the Congressional Black Caucus, including a ban on the use of chokeholds and establishing a national database to track police misconduct.
www.thehill.com/homenews/house/501633-pelosi-schumer-kneel-in-silence-for-almost-9-minutes-to-honor-george-floyd%3famp

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by budaatum: 3:14am On Jun 10, 2020

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:19am On Jun 10, 2020
RIP FLOYD.

We support the BLACK LIVES MATTERS protest from day one up till now.

But some people have turned the protest to a political ish.

kikero:

Rule no 1 of politics.
Never let a good crisis go to waste.
All politicans never let a good crisis go to waste, even the 'nice and kind' ones...
And you have a very very good point here Kikero.
You make absolute sense.

Bethel4Life:
What about Trump d president?
He needs to be very careful with what he says also.
Seems he angers the people more with his tweets and speech concerning this protest.
Donald needs to take some chill!

We are talking from a neutral ground here.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by RuddyFusion(m): 3:25am On Jun 10, 2020
for a Whole 8 minute and 46 secs? that's cool...But OP this suppose to be a visual post, so where are the images of them kneeling down?
Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 4:06am On Jun 10, 2020
Photo OP... why the kente cloth, is George a Ghanaian? Oops, I forgot it’s an election year, blacks vote are needed again...
Enough of this pandering by these establishments, kneeling, black out squares won’t stop racism
Nancy kneel but needed help to stand up, too bad she ought to relinquish her position as house speaker
80 years old - 33 years in national politics and she’s blaming trump

Nancy - 17th term as a congressman
Trump - 1st term as a president

Bethel4Life:
Sorry off point!
I ask again.. What has d president done and intend to do about this racism and protest that has engulf american 4 almost 2 weeks now?
And if u can't answer that, then shut that trap-hole u call mouth up. And next time u quote me, don' just accuse me of what is not true..
Thank you!
He has done 3 things that’ll make black Americans be on a level playing field with other races

Historical Funding of HBCU
historical black employment
The first Step Act

And immediately after Floyd’s death, before the protests he directed FBI and DOJ to get involved Incase the cop escape state law, he won’t escape federal law... I bet you don’t know all this cause you’ve been programmed to hate on the man

When ANTIFA hijacked the riot, what did he do? He declared them domestic terrorist, rolled out NATIONAL GUARDS into the street and called governors to maintain law and order... did you see anything like riot since then?

And for your info, the wall he’s building will help Africa cause if humans are still allowed to cross the southern border illegally, there are high chances that Latinos (Central America & south America) will pass through this routes than Africans will. are you willing to fly to Mexico to be transported through the southern border by cartels ? This has helped blacks community in America because an employer will rather employ an illegal alien that’ll be paid below the minimum wage, use for odd jobs and that he’ll be able to dismiss arbitrarily ( which led to increase in black employment) but I don’t know why your brain has been programmed to hate on him... follow another news source apart from CNN... it’ll help

I wish to ask what Obama did during his 8 years to curb racism but I won’t grin

PS- I didn’t formulate the 5th paragraph (Was and immigration) on my own before you masturbate unnecessarily on my post, a black American explained that to me

I’ll reply sensible mentions but y’all calling me names for having an opinion... well it’s a free world, You can call me what you want

163 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by XXLMANDIGO: 4:14am On Jun 10, 2020
Anything to curry electoral favour from the black demographic is welcome to them. Pity party, sort of.

JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Photo OP... why the kente cloth, is George a Ghanaian? Oops, I forgot it’s an election year, blacks vote are needed again...

Enough of this pandering by this establishments, kneeling, black out squares won’t stop racism

Nancy kneel but needed help to stand up, too bad she ought to relinquish her position as house speaker

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by MaziAlaye(m): 4:15am On Jun 10, 2020
Lmaooo pre election photoshoot cheesy

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Righteousness89(m): 4:51am On Jun 10, 2020
FAKENESS of the Highest order !

These ones have no love or feelings for you...

These ones are just Power mongers!

Over 16yrs in the system, yet has not seen the need to advocate against Racism..

If you like , Wear Hollandis, lace or Agbada it does not Change anything! Tooo fake!

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by BafanaBafana: 5:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Rip

2 Likes

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by bayotwice(f): 5:38am On Jun 10, 2020
Witch

3 Likes

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Bethel4Life(f): 5:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Nigeria is the worst country to live in.. Just watch and see how many changes will be made in the US system.. But here, hundreds will be killed but our government wont do anything. too bad.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Bethel4Life(f): 5:40am On Jun 10, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

Anything to curry electoral favour from the black demographic is welcome to them. Pity party, sort of.

whats this one saying? What about Trump d president?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 10, 2020
Bethel4Life:
whats this one saying? What about Trump d president?

I know you are an afonja pretending to be a woman. He is telling you the truth about their intent but you cannot reason. Same way you afonjas support Buharri despite all warnings and signs; I don't know the kind of brain you people have. Definitely not real Omulabi like Mayegun Diary!

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by juman(m): 5:44am On Jun 10, 2020
Washington politicians. They are in washington only to argue and argue.
That is why a thug like trump was elected as president when the electorates had no faith in those politicians.
Trump can win reelection.
Its possible.

12 Likes

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Cherez: 5:46am On Jun 10, 2020
post=90501103:
RIP FLOYD

You see leadership?
RIP Floyd?
But you people have murdered lots of innocent souls?
Hypocritical

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Bethel4Life:
Which one has Trump done?

He will not do none of this cheap shot to gain favors but use facts like lowest black unemployment in American history under his administration before corona happened as his card. Republicans are just like Igbos, will tell it to your face and not beat around the bush and deceit like Democracts and Afonjas.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Cherez: 5:51am On Jun 10, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

Enough of this pandering by these establishments, kneeling, black out squares won’t stop racism

80 years old - 33 years in national politics and she’s blaming trump

Nancy - 17th term as a congressman
Trump - 1st term as a president

But trump is the problem
We read lots of unnecessary meaning into this
Recognizing that African-Americans are being brutalized is a huge act of truthfulness & humility
Then kneeling and with an African symbol is to show respect.
Guy, this nothing bad
Have you ever seen a Nigerian politician kneel to apologize for his own wrong talk more another person's?
Mehn, let's commend them and then condemn them if they don't make good legislation to curb this evil racism

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Bethel4Life(f): 5:53am On Jun 10, 2020
kovic20:

I know you are an afonja pretending to be a woman. He is telling the truth about their intent but you cannot reason. Same way you afonjas support Buharri despite all warnings and signs; I don't know the kind of brain you people have. Definitely not real Omulabi!
Sorry off point!

I ask again.. What has d president done and intend to do about this racism and protest that has engulf american 4 almost 2 weeks now?

And if u can't answer that, then shut that trap-hole u call mouth up. And next time u quote me, don' just accuse me of what is not true.. I can't come down to your level to Engage in ur tribalistic tendencies.
Thank you!

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 6:02am On Jun 10, 2020
Cherez:

We read lots of unnecessary meaning into this
Recognizing that African-Americans are being brutalized is a huge act of truthfulness & humility
Then kneeling and with an African symbol is to show respect.
Guy, this nothing bad
Have you ever seen a Nigerian politician kneel to apologize for his own wrong talk more another person's?
Mehn, let's commend them and then condemn them if they don't make good legislation to curb this evil racism

Over 30 black Americans were killed during 44th administration, I didn’t see any kneeling, but since it’s an election year, they really need that vote, kneeling doesn’t stop racism... this is a photo OP

Countless of Nigerians have begged, IBB, the late APC Candidate for Kogi, Infact all Nigerian politicians going for second term do beg during their campaign, when you see politicians doing this, know it’s because of the people’s vote

Cuomo just assented a bill that makes it an hate crime if you call the police on someone based on his race... did he knee before doing that ?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Bethel4Life(f): 6:02am On Jun 10, 2020
kovic20:

He will not do none of this cheap shot to gain favors but use facts like lowest black unemployment in American history under his administration before corona happened as his card. Republicans are just like Igbos, will tell it to your face and not beat around the bush and deceit like Democracts and Afonjas.
Lolz hahaha chai.. I can see that your not fit to debate with.. Wtf is lowest black employment in history b4 d Corona? So where are d jobs? Or is it not america thats lost lost more dan 20million jobs?

I understand that u are a republican and support Trump, but that does not mean u should turn facts on its head

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:09am On Jun 10, 2020
Cherez:

You see leadership?
RIP Floyd?
Hypocritical
All these trash just about the RIP and BLACK LIVES MATTER we typed?
When you say you people, you mean you and your family members murdered people right?
You better be very careful with your foolishness online,
calling Nairaland members who do not support
your political view, murderers.
There is a line not to be crossed with your stupid internet trolling bs.
Read up on libel kid!
You've been warned for the last time.
Be guided!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Chikelue2000(m): 6:14am On Jun 10, 2020
Righteousness89:
FAKENESS of the Highest order !

These ones have no love or feelings for you...

These ones are just Power mongers!

Over 16yrs in the system, yet has not seen the need to advocate against Racism..

If you like , Wear Hollandis, lace or Agbada it does not Change anything! Tooo fake!
my problem with Nigerians....u are calling it fake yet ur own congressmen haven't done anything better....or is it ur buhari who abandoned Leah to Boko Haram.....stop looking at the USA n face your own contry

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by BlowYourMind: 6:16am On Jun 10, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

But trump is the problem
It is call identification, trying to identify with African American that was killed, I guess that was only symbolic of identification like some unreserved words in FORTRAN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by ThatFairGuy: 6:18am On Jun 10, 2020
This is getting stale

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Eriggs: 6:22am On Jun 10, 2020
Cherez:

You see leadership?
RIP Floyd?
Hypocritical
dem don warn u now o. make we no read ur arrest for libel on d front page of nairaland. use ur brain next time b4 typing. no let ur nairaland foolish posts send u go prison. just like d foolish boy posting on Facebook that d rape victim (uwa) deserves her death cos she's dating 2 guys. he's in custody now. bikiaful

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer Kneel To Honor George Floyd by Eriggs: 6:23am On Jun 10, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
This is getting stale
wetin u give dat pikin drink wey e high like dat? that's bad o

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

E. Jean Carroll Seeks Trump's DNA Over Rape Accusation / Inside Euromillions Winner Car Showroom At New Home Where She Never Lived(Pix) / CNN Fires Don Lemon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.