Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,849 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised (2452 Views)

Why Do I Have An Anxiety Problem / 'I Ave The Sweetest P**sy In The World, It Is As Cold As Ice' - 22 Year Old Says / Lara Kudayisi: "I Had A Child At 19, 15 Abortions & 14 Heartbreaks, Now Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 10, 2020
This is no joke, in my previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/5888982/interstate-ban-curfew-getting-me

I mentioned the lockdown is causing me depression, some people said I'm not an introvert but this absolutely nothing to do with it. I'll explain, ave been getting heart palpitations since Feb or so, and I told it's normal and it will go away, but it continued for a long time, about 3 times a day initially to upto 9 times in 10 Mins. For those who don't know what it is, imagine your heart stops beating for a sec and continues, yes I know how is it possible to feel your heart beat? Well it stops you from breathing for a sec! That's how you know. Ave been taking Atenolol and I stopped taking them last week. I took it for 5 days Exactly 3 days after I stopped.

It continued again after 3 days I stopped taking them, but this time I completely ignored it and didn't care. So yesterday morning, while I was cleaning, I noticed it kept happening but I ignored it!

In the afternoon as I was working as usual, I received a phone call from my mom, and I stretched to reach my phone and suddenly I feel off the chair, I quickly answered the call, the next thing my heart started racing! I mean pounding like I was running from something, like oh God! I felt strength leaving me, my hands where trembling, hands cold, I felt like I was sinking to the floor! My sight was fading away, the only thing that came out of my mouth was "Blood of Jesus" God please don't let me die cry I kept repeating this word and my mom was praying. It stopped a bit, I started searching for the Atenolol but couldn't find it, I pored everything on the rack and then I found it, I swallowed a tablet without water then I rushed and unlocked my door just in case my family gets here.

I called my GF on video and she kept crying, her camera is bad but she can see me but I can't, the season continued, for 3 hours. When my family got here we drove to the hospital immediately and I was given 2 shorts of injection immediately, I don't know what they gave me but immediately I felt this peach.. Like blood flowed through my body instantly. I'll be running some tests today and I hope it's nothing serious, I'm not religious and I don't even go to church. But now I know I love my life and I'm not ready to die yet hahahahaha. Depression is real, please the lockdown restrictions should be lifted soon. Pray for me guys!

Forgive my typos, I'm typing this from my hospital bed.

5 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Enigma2049(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2020
Nothing will happen to you

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by SirMichael1: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2020
That's not an anxiety attack.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by banjicom(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
This is no joke, in my previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/5888982/interstate-ban-curfew-getting-me

I mentioned the lockdown is causing me depression, some people said I'm not an introvert but this absolutely nothing to do with it. I'll explain, ave been getting heart palpitations since Feb or so, and I told it's normal and it will go away, but it continued for a long time, about 3 times a day initially to upto 9 times in 10 Mins. For those who don't know what it is, imagine your heart stops beating for a sec and continues, yes I know how is it possible to feel your heart beat? Well it stops you from breathing for a sec! That's how you know. Ave been taking Atenolol and I stopped taking them last week. I took it for 5 days Exactly 3 days after I stopped.

It continued again after 3 days I stopped taking them, but this time I completely ignored it and didn't care. So yesterday morning, while I was cleaning, I noticed it kept happening but I ignored it!

In the afternoon as I was working as usual, I received a phone call from my mom, and I stretched to reach my phone and suddenly I feel off the chair, I quickly answered the call, the next thing my heart started racing! I mean pounding like I was running from something, like oh God! I felt strength leaving me, my hands where trembling, hands cold, I felt like I was sinking to the floor! My sight was fading away, the only thing that came out of my mouth was "Blood of Jesus" God please don't let me die cry I kept repeating this word and my mom was praying. It stopped a bit, I started searching for the Atenolol but couldn't find it, I pored everything on the rack and then I found it, I swallowed a tablet without water then I rushed and unlocked my door just in case my family gets here.

I called my GF on video and she kept crying, her camera is bad but she can see me but I can't, the season continued, for 3 hours. When my family got here we drove to the hospital immediately and I was given 2 shorts of injection immediately, I don't know what they gave me but immediately I felt this peach.. Like blood flowed through my body instantly. I'll be running some tests today and I hope it's nothing serious, I'm not religious and I don't even go to church. But now I know I love my life and I'm not ready to die yet hahahahaha. Depression is real, please the lockdown restrictions should be lifted soon. Pray for me guys!

Sorry bro, you will get well soon. But what is the reasons for this happening, you can't just put the blame on depression or lockdown something else must be the cause, maybe the heart palpitations was just a symptoms of something else that is not related to depression at all. Please do keep us updated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Vyzz: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2020
shocked
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by ab1x: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Pele. May God heal you.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2020
Update: ave been discharged, all results are out and shows I'm in perfect health. I will be taking more injections for a while, I just pray I'm one of the lucky few who experienced this once in a lifetime. Most people say once it happens to you it will continue forever and you have to learn to live with it. Infact there are many Reddit and Facebook pages for people with Panic disorders!

My biggest worry is this happening in public, people will think I have Covid-19 and probably won't try to assist me. Anyone with this problem should please let me know how they manage there's and how often it happens to you. Mods please move this to the health section I beg! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by PoliticallyInco: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2020
raymondhillmimi ,

While it sounds like classic anxiety disorder and panic attacks, the most important thing and first step is to ensure that you carry out a comprehensive medical check. Yes. Do that so as to eliminate all medical problems and narrow down to what it might likely be.

The moment you do a full body check. Organs function,blood, urine etc. And the results come out as good, then you are sure you are dealing with classic anxiety disorder which has simply progressed into regular panic attacks.

1. Anxiety disorder usually starts from an experience which was considered as traumatic highly exciting. The problem with anxiety is that it is always rooted in fear. A traumatic event related to fear of something, usually followed by more fear of other things.

I can give 1 million examples but for one example, anxiety can simply start with hearing the news about someone who died at home all alone. Then this leads to worry of being at home alone. Then the fear of dying at home alone all alone and how no one will even know. Fear of what if you have a heart attack. Then you start noticing your heart beat. Then you cant sleep well at night due to worry. Then you google various heart problems all day. Then you start noticing stories of people who died in their houses. Your attention becomes easily drawn to these stories. Suddenly they are all you notice. Then thoughts make your heart skip beats regularly. Then you freak out that something is wrong with your heart. Then you go to the hospital and they say it is nothing. They give you antidepressants and nerve calming drugs like Nitrazepam and Diazepam. Then before you know it, you are addicted to these drugs and can't function well without them. Whenever you don't carry or see them you feel you can't function.

2. Anxiety disorder and panic attacks come with a few common symptoms, but a lot of symptoms vary from one individual to another. And they happen various sequences.

3. Anxiety disorder usually comes with depression. So I am not surprised. Having these symptoms and feelings and not knowing what the hell is wrong with you and asking yourself if this is how your life will be could be very depressing.

Please kindly ask about the medication you were injected with at the hospital. It was most likely a tranquilizer of sorts to calm you down.

When your lab work and medical tests results are out and everything is fine medically, let us know. Especially if the anxiety continues.

4 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Surfondsystems: 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2020
Happens to me but not as often as yours. Haven’t done any medical checks yet but I believe it’s a heart condition. I believe if anything would kill me, that would be it but I’m hoping I live long enough to make an indelible mark before I die.

I sometimes get a good feeling knowing what would kill me when my time is up but I still pray for long life.

5 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Geosystem(m): 12:04am On Jun 11, 2020
PoliticallyInco:
raymondhillmimi ,

While it sounds like classic anxiety disorder and panic attacks, the most important thing and first step is to ensure that you carry out a comprehensive medical check. Yes. Do that so as to eliminate all medical problems and narrow down to what it might likely be.

The moment you do a full body check. Organs function,blood, urine etc. And the results come out as good, then you are sure you are dealing with classic anxiety disorder which has simply progressed into regular panic attacks.

1. Anxiety disorder usually starts from an experience which was considered as traumatic highly exciting. The problem with anxiety is that it is always rooted in fear. A traumatic event related to fear of something, usually followed by more fear of other things.

I can give 1 million examples but for one example, anxiety can simply start with hearing the news about someone who died at home all alone. Then this leads to worry of being at home alone. Then the fear of dying at home alone all alone and how no one will even know. Fear of what if you have a heart attack. Then you start noticing your heart beat. Then you cant sleep well at night due to worry. Then you google various heart problems all day. Then you start noticing stories of people who died in their houses. Your attention becomes easily drawn to these stories. Suddenly they are all you notice. Then thoughts make your heart skip beats regularly. Then you freak out that something is wrong with your heart. Then you go to the hospital and they say it is nothing. They give you antidepressants and nerve calming drugs like Nitrazepam and Diazepam. Then before you know it, you are addicted to these drugs and can't function well without them. Whenever you don't carry or see them you feel you can't function.

2. Anxiety disorder and panic attacks come with a few common symptoms, but a lot of symptoms vary from one individual to another. And they happen various sequences.

3. Anxiety disorder usually comes with depression. So I am not surprised. Having these symptoms and feelings and not knowing what the hell is wrong with you and asking yourself if this is how your life will be could be very depressing.

Please kindly ask about the medication you were injected with at the hospital. It was most likely a tranquilizer of sorts to calm you down.

When your lab work and medical tests results are out and everything is fine medically, let us know. Especially if the anxiety continues.

What an eye opener. I presume you have experienced this often to be able to put this anxiety disorder in a clear perspective. Panic attack interferes greatly with our day to day activities. It's really not a nice place to be in.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 11, 2020
PoliticallyInco:
raymondhillmimi ,

You're so right, I'm getting addicted to the injections, it fades away at night and the palpitations returned, exactly 3 times today. My hands are sweaty, I'm freaking nervous of the next episode, I can't sleep in my house anymore and staying with my parents now. My life was perfectly fine before all this, they refused to tell me the name of the injection but I need another short to calm down. I have lots of pending jobs and unable to work for now, I really need help! Someone who is living with this should say something please. Mods please move this to the front page please, I don't want to die from this.

By the way, my results are out, all my internal organs are fine, I did blood, urine and ultra scans. I didn't loose anyone close to me, the only thing that changed was my girlfriend being away for 3 months due to the lockdown and can't come around, but we talk all the time on whatsapp call, this is not traumatic in any way.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Surfondsystems:
Happens to me but not as often as yours. Haven’t done any medical checks yet but I believe it’s a heart condition. I believe if anything would kill me, that would be it but I’m hoping I live long enough to make an indelible mark before I die.

I sometimes get a good feeling knowing what would kill me when my time is up but I still pray for long life.
How often does yours happen? Do you mean just palpitations? Or a panic attack? Palpitations is child's play and I usually don't care about it since it lasts for less than a second, but the panic attack lasted 3 solid hours! And I don't want to experience it every again, I felt my soul leaving my body and it's not a plesent feeling at all.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Surfondsystems: 6:54am On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
How often does yours happen? Do you mean just palpitations? Or a panic attack? Palpitations is child's play and I usually don't care about it since it lasts for less than a second, but the panic attack lasted 3 solid hours! And I don't want to experience it every again, I felt my soul leaving my body and it's not a plesent feeling at all.
Palpitations... I feel dizzy and an instant loss of balance like I want to collapse. Usually lasts for a few seconds before my heart rates goes back to normal. Not a funny experience and my sister recently confided in me that it happens to her too. She thought it’s something that has to do with Cardiac arrest. I also...anyways, sharing your experience has shed more light and I believe some form of therapy could help alleviate it.
Maybe you should start doing Yoga and massage therapy.

3 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 11, 2020
Surfondsystems:
Palpitations... I feel dizzy and an instant loss of balance like I want to collapse. Usually lasts for a few seconds before my heart rates goes back to normal. Not a funny experience and my sister recently confided in me that it happens to her too. She thought it’s something that has to do with Cardiac arrest. I also...anyways, sharing your experience has shed more light and I believe some form of therapy could help alleviate it.
Maybe you should start doing Yoga and massage therapy.
I'm not worried about the palpitations, it seems normal to me these days, but panic attack is something else, imagine feeling like you're about to die, you can't move, you just lay on the floor and feel like your soul leaving your body, you're heart beat is pounding in full force at extremely fast rate, if this happens in public I don't know what I will do. It would be the most embarrassing moment of my life. Worse of it all it happens for no reason and out of the blue. Nothing has to trigger it, I read some couple of articles that suggests you run as quickly as possible, the idea is to full your brain that there is danger and you're running away from it so it can turn off the adrenaline rush. But how can you run for no reason in public like someone is chasing you. I just want my normal life back. I'll be taking the injections again this morning.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Kinqtee: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2020
have been feeling that way too this days ...... my heart just keep racing , sometimes it hits me hard like something made me scared but am not scared ..... i cant breathe properly too ..... i havent gone to the hospital for checkup due to the pandemic issue ...... sometimes I'll feel like am weak .... i cant stand for 10mins max .... i have to sit down ...... i dont just know whats wrong

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by FROGMAN101(m): 7:43am On Jun 11, 2020
Too many thing to buttress in your case. Do an ECG and Echocardiogram test so we can rule off any heart problems.

If you are cleared then it’s probably anxiety. Thinking about it alone can worsen your anxiety symptoms. Reading articles and google can worsen your anxiety. Your brain already knows there’s a problem you are worried about so it’s looking for ways it can help you and since it can’t talk, it’s giving you a response.

I read you said your heart was beating faster while you stood up, well due to gravity and some other reasons that’s perfectly normal but now you are conscious to it which isn’t normal.

Your body is getting activated for stress cause you are anxious.

2 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by FROGMAN101(m): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2020
I have had panic attacks in the past. It’s a stress response your brain is giving you because it thinks there’s danger. But there is no danger.

Whenever it happens remind yourself it’s just your brain and there is NO DANGER. After a while your brain will create a new pathway and beat it. You neeed to practice this for a while.

Try to exercise everyday too. Seriously helps.

4 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 7:48am On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:

That's a panic attack. I know because I experienced it once. You need to find the underlying cause of it. It's more stress related

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by xoconfusedd11(f): 8:16am On Jun 11, 2020
I have felt same way in recent times cos its been challenging for me lately.Whenever it comes i usually take alot of water and i tried to calm down by moving about and not staying at a spot.Although i went for checkup and i was told my blood pressure was low so i had to boost it up.
.Firstly i would advice you know the lord by accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour

Delight yourself in the lord by listening to gospel messages ..You can listen to David Oyedepo or any other minister of the gospel.its obvious your girlfriend is your source of joy but make Jesus the centre of your joy to know everlasting joy

Listen to gospel songs and ministrations to grow your faith.you can listen to Tim Godfrey, Ada Ehi, Sinach, Frank Edwards, Will Adiks Deitrick Haddon and others

Read the bible and meditate on it day and night.You can browse to search on verses on depression

Avoid negative vibes and imaginations

Be an active member in your church you can join a cell unit

2 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by PoliticallyInco: 8:21am On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
You're so right, I'm getting addicted to the injections, it fades away at night and the palpitations returned, exactly 3 times today. My hands are sweaty, I'm freaking nervous of the next episode, I can't sleep in my house anymore and staying with my parents now. My life was perfectly fine before all this, they refused to tell me the name of the injection but I need another short to calm down. I have lots of pending jobs and unable to work for now, I really need help! Someone who is living with this should say something please. Mods please move this to the front page please, I don't want to die from this.

By the way, my results are out, all my internal organs are fine, I did blood, urine and ultra scans. I didn't loose anyone close to me, the only thing that changed was my girlfriend being away for 3 months due to the lockdown and can't come around, but we talk all the time on whatsapp call, this is not traumatic in any way.

Haha.. It is classic anxiety disorder and panic attacks. Since your blood work is out and test results are fine.

Wait and allow me laugh a little. Because eventually, you will laugh at yourself when you get better. You will wonder why suddenly you notice your heart beat. Your heart beat that has been there since you were born. Heart beat that you feel when you run or climb the stairs and it didn't freak you out or scare you. Suddenly you are noticing everything about it.

I have a lot to tell you then about it.

But for now, stop looking around for a cure and stop believing you will die. Far from it. You cannot die from it.

You want to know why? Because everybody in the world suffers from anxiety. All humans. All of them. All. The difference is you felt anxious about something to the extent that you worried continuously about it. You made your mind feel that you are in danger. Now your mind you inherited does not know or decipher if what you are worried about is good or bad or whether it is true or false. It reacts the same way.

The anxiety had something trigger it. It just doesn't start on its own. You will have to find out. You could even have taken something as little is coffee or an energy drink, which caused heart palpitations. And then you freaked out believing you are alone and that no one will be there to help you. Especially since your girlfriend has been away.

I shall discuss with you latter about it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by pizzzy(m): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2020
Had a similar experience, it's not funny at all i remember been scared of my shadow to say the least.went to the hospital 2 weeks later Doctor prescribed antidepressants plus my family members were always around me or calling to check up on me.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2020
PoliticallyInco:

Haha.. It is classic anxiety disorder and panic attacks. Since your blood work is out and test results are fine.

Wait and allow me laugh a little. Because eventually, you will laugh at yourself when you get better. You will wonder why suddenly you notice your heart beat. Your heart beat that has been there since you were born. Heart beat that you feel when you run or climb the stairs and it didn't freak you out or scare you. Suddenly you are noticing everything about it.

I have a lot to tell you then about it.

But for now, stop looking around for a cure and stop believing you will die. Far from it. You cannot die from it.

You want to know why? Because everybody in the world suffers from anxiety. All humans. All of them. All. The difference is you felt anxious about something to the extent that you worried continuously about it. You made your mind feel that you are in danger. Now your mind you inherited does not know or decipher if what you are worried about is good or bad or whether it is true or false. It reacts the same way.

The anxiety had something trigger it. It just doesn't start on its own. You will have to find out. You could even have taken something as little is coffee or an energy drink, which caused heart palpitations. And then you freaked out believing you are alone and that no one will be there to help you. Especially since your girlfriend has been away.

I shall discuss with you latter about it.
I'm 28 years old, so you think I don't know how to not worry about something? All through out my life ave not heard the world calm down or I don't know how to let things go? And my heart beat, I can hear it now wow? Please this is far from it, I wasn't even worrying about anything except the website I'm working on, I don't take caffeine, I don't smoke, I don't even drink. All this started as depression, I suddenly had no joy in doing anything. This lasted for several years, I don't find things funny like other people do. Yes it's a panic disorder, it wanted to happen again this morning as I wanted to work on my computer my heart wanted to go flight mode again so I quickly closed it and began running around the house.

Did some push-ups and it went away. When people ask me to calm down it suddenly sounds annoying, like oh no, why didn't I think about that all my life.

2 Likes

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by ecstasy357(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2020
Surfondsystems:

Most times it's as a result of heart disease.

I can relate with everything you said.

Do you sometimes feel like you should pull away from people so when the inevitable happens they wont get hurt as much?
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by ecstasy357(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
I'm 28 years old, so you think I don't know how to not worry about something? All through out my life ave not heard the world calm down or I don't know how to let things go? And my heart beat, I can hear it now wow? Please this is far from it, I wasn't even worrying about anything except the website I'm working on, I don't take caffeine, I don't smoke, I don't even drink. All this started as depression, I suddenly had no joy in doing anything. This lasted for several years, I don't find things funny like other people do. Yes it's a panic disorder, it wanted to happen again this morning as I wanted to work on my computer my heart wanted to go flight mode again so I quickly closed it and began running around the house.

Did some push-ups and it went away. When people ask me to calm down it suddenly sounds annoying, like oh no, why didn't I think about that all my life.

Wow! You are young.

Panic disorder? I dont know about that,, but I do know that heart palpitations are a sign of an underlying heart condition. An ECG test will go a long way to clear every doubt.

I wish u d very best.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by ugofulfilled(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:

I wish you a speedy recovery. Let's know when the medical examination results are out. Get some rest and try distraction therapy. You will be fine.
Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Iykesonwhyte(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2020
Sorry bro...it’s well with you and please be strong.Amen

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Surfondsystems: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2020
ecstasy357:

Most times it's as a result of heart disease.

I can relate with everything you said.

Do you sometimes feel like you should pull away from people so when the inevitable happens they wont get hurt as much?

No I don’t because I’m pretty sure that won’t happen now. I only pray I last long enough to see my children’s children perhaps and I know if managed properly one could still live a long and fruitful life.

However the case may be, death could knock on anyone’s door at anytime regardless of whatever ailments they are managing. We can only pray that when it does, it isn’t tragic but a peaceful passing.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 11, 2020
Surfondsystems:

No I don’t because I’m pretty sure that won’t happen now. I only pray I last long enough to see my children’s children perhaps and I know if managed properly one could still live a long and fruitful life.

However the case may be, death could knock on anyone’s door at anytime regardless of whatever ailments they are managing. We can only pray that when it does, it isn’t tragic but a peaceful passing.
Most times palpitations are not a sign of heart disease, it's almost certainly either depression and anxiety or nutrition. Just to fulfil all Righteousness, I'll be doing an ECG scan to rule out heart disease. But the other tests shows I'm 100% fine.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by PoliticallyInco: 11:37am On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:

Let me tell you something.

Please you must understand that you DO NOT KNOW HOW NOT TO WORRY. Regardless of being 3000 years old. As long as you inherited this mental faculty which has evolved over thousands of years. You don't.

Now you have explained further that it started with depression. Depression can lead to anxiety which leads to further depression.

And no, I will not tell you to calm down. I won't even tell you to stop worrying. Anxiety is not handled that way. Never. "Do not worry" mantra only makes you worry more. It simply feeds your brain that there is something to worry about which is worrying about worrying. Also, every human being worries and thinks about something. This is the truth. Yours is simply highly focused on this situation. When people tell you " do not worry" or "to stop worrying" or words like "calm down". It is annoying to hear in the situation. So far from it. My approach to anxiety is not to make you know that your perception on it is overhyped already.

You are feeding you anxiety by doing something and everything about it. When you think you want to get a panic attack you go exercising only will feed the anxiety cycle. This tells your brain again that something is wrong, when nothing actually is.

I do want to believe you are almost taking offense, hence. I will desist from discussing the matter further.

The thing about anxiety is this:

DO NOTHING!

However, the journey to learning how to do nothing is what people usually require assistance with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by Surfondsystems: 11:38am On Jun 11, 2020
raymondhillmimi:
Most times palpitations are not a sign of heart disease, it's almost certainly either depression and anxiety or nutrition. Just to fulfil all Righteousness, I'll be doing an ECG scan to rule out heart disease. But the other tests shows I'm 100% fine.

Please let us know the outcome and your journey through recovery.

1 Like

Re: I Had An Anxiety Attack, And Ave Been Hospitalised by FROGMAN101(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
PoliticallyInco:

Let me tell you something.

Please you must understand that you DO NOT KNOW HOW NOT TO WORRY. Regardless of being 3000 years old. As long as you inherited this mental faculty which has evolved over thousands of years. You don't.

Now you have explained further that it started with depression. Depression can lead to anxiety which leads to further depression.

And no, I will not tell you to calm down. I won't even tell you to stop worrying. Anxiety is not handled that way. Never. "Do not worry" mantra only makes you worry more. It simply feeds your brain that there is something to worry about which is worrying about worrying. Also, every human being worries and thinks about something. This is the truth. Yours is simply highly focused on this situation. When people tell you " do not worry" or "to stop worrying" or words like "calm down". It is annoying to hear in the situation. So far from it. My approach to anxiety is not to make you know that your perception on it is overhyped already.

You are feeding you anxiety by doing something and everything about it. When you think you want to get a panic attack you go exercising only will feed the anxiety cycle. This tells your brain again that something is wrong, when nothing actually is.

I do want to believe you are almost taking offense, hence. I will desist from discussing the matter further.

The thing about anxiety is this:

DO NOTHING!

However, the journey to learning how to do nothing is what people usually require assistance with.

Well done.

I find it shocking that people on this thread are carelessly telling him it’s the heart when they should leave that to an ECG or Echo test.

Now they will only make him more anxious and the brain is paying attention to these.

Sad many don’t even know how the brain works.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Is Going Too Far! What Will I Do? / No Money—no Sex. Make Money And Gain Your Respect! / What Is It With Older Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.