Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,341 members, 7,850,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:50 PM

How Do I Propose To Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Propose To Her? (925 Views)

Should I Propose To Her Or Have A Rethink? Help! / If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 8:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Good Morning fellow Nairalanders. Please I need your help on this. I have a girlfriend I have been dating for some months now, she had already tick all the boxes of what I want in a woman and I have decided to take it to the next level. My plan is to propose to her on her 24th birthday coming up this Saturday.
The issue now is, I haven't met her parent but I have done couple of voice calls and video calls with her mum, she likes me and okays our relationship. The dad the other hand, is a retired Soldier, he's well feared by all in his family, even by his wife. I haven't spoken to him yet. However, he gave a stern warning that his daughter (my gf) should celebrate whatsoever she wants to celebrate in the house, no outing nothing nothing. (Due to COVID isssh I guess)

So the gist is, my intention is to propose to her on her birthday at least to make it a memorable day, but my initial plan was to take her out and pop the question. But now that the jagaban says no movement outside his house, I have to respect his wish against all odd. My question is, is it ideal to propose to her in her father's house? Won't I get embarrassed las las by her father?

I obviously can't discus this with my GF, it meant to be a surprise and I'm not sure I can confide in her younger sister, she might leak the info to her sister thereby spoiling the surprise. Sir's and Ma's in the house, what should I do? I really want this to happen on her special day. Any other idea is welcomed. Thanks.
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Decimus: 8:30am On Jun 11, 2020
Propose to her there. Her father can not kill you.
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by missimelda01(f): 8:31am On Jun 11, 2020
Ain't you supposed to meet her father before proposing to her?? If they're far away then you should talk to them about it over the phone and get their consent before doing any other thing.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by yanabasee1(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2020
After the celebration in her father's house....you can call her to visit you that very day for some birthday nyanching and then after which, you can take her out and kneel down to propose to her...

To propose isn't that hard bro...... I've seen many guys proposed and they're still single today...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by CokeBar(f): 8:34am On Jun 11, 2020
So you'd just propose to a girl without formally meeting her parents?

Soldier pikin? Guy do you really like your life?

Be respectful! Get to know/meet her family not video/voice calls.

Congrats btw smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by donbachi(m): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2020
Make ur friends wear aso ebi,follow u go her place.if una see her father,make all of una go bow and greet him.engage am for discussion,then from there make ur intention known to him and how u intend proposing to her..na papa him be,no be him go marry her.
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by chatinent: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2020
Oga flash, slow down. First things first, make the fam know you in reality, leave that audio identity you gave them. Proposal can come anytime. For her father, blood runs through his veins! He can't marry his daughter, accepted, but also you are still a stranger!
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2020
Are you scared of her father? Your supposed father in law cheesy
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Oluromantic: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2020
Na true say person weh go catch monkey go behave like monkey o. So now if u propose to her at 24, apart from not properly knowing her family. You yourself, are you ready to settle down in few weeks or months? Abi you no know wetin proposal mean to woman. Na on top proposal u go dey till she will be 25. Na under ur nose, her mama go approve another guy weh ready to settle down, dem go throway ur ring comot and u no go fit confront her papa. There is a lot of devotion behind proposal bro
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by luminouz(m): 9:00am On Jun 11, 2020
Jesus Christ!!!!

This one deserves a thread again?

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by SavageBoy: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2020
As you want to surprise your babe on her birthday like this,I just hope her father will not surprise you with beating that dayundecided

Make your egungun no go enter express jam trailer ohgrin
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 9:17am On Jun 11, 2020
SavageBoy:
As you want to surprise your babe on her birthday like this,I just hope her father will not surprise you with beating that dayundecided

I swear bro, na wetin I dey avoid! Make I no go hear am
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Bola146(f): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2020
SavageBoy:

grin grin Why not make it private? the news can reach her parents later.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2020
chatinent:
Oga flash, slow down. First things first, make the fam know you in reality, leave that audio identity you gave them. Proposal can come anytime. For her father, blood runs through his veins! He can't marry his daughter, accepted, but also you are still a stranger!
Like I said, her mum already knows me and it was my GF's idea to do this propose first before meeting her parent most expecially her Dad.. She has never introduced any male to him before as a friend nor boyfriend (yeah, her dad is that strict) so she wants the the first guy to be the last.grin
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 9:22am On Jun 11, 2020
Bola146:

grin grin Why not make it private? the news can reach her parents later.
That would be after her birthday. Thereby taking off the steam cry
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 9:25am On Jun 11, 2020
missimelda01:
Ain't you supposed to meet her father before proposing to her?? If they're far away then you should talk to them about it over the phone and get their consent before doing any other thing.
Thank you for your input.

Her mum already knows me and she's fond of me, she really likes me. It was my GFs idea to propose first before meeting her parent! She doesn't want to bring different guys everytime all in the name of dating
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2020
Joycekkh:
Are you scared of her father? Your supposed father in law cheesy
All this soja people their matter weak person, I no get strength to frog jump abeg grin grin
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Vyzz: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2020
grin
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by callmeRichie(m): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2020
There's no harm in proposing under her father's roof, Infact it would be most romantic if her parents are somehow involved in the game.

So it's better you let this out to her mum first, let her know your intentions and plan this together.

Besides, please man up and tell her father too prior before her date so as to avoid unnecessary insults and tearsgrin. You can cheek her mum to do that for you though, buh it would be sooo sweet if you do it yourself! You would earn extreme respect from her father being a military personnel, they like those kind men.

But make sure you are not playing her daughter sha oo, I cannot comman be begging for someonegrin grin

#Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2020
OriginalPosterr:
All this soja people their matter weak person, I no get strength to frog jump abeg grin grin
Man up jor, you think he wants a timid suitor for his daughter, go to his house and do the needful. Propose to her in her house.
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2020
callmeRichie:
There's no harm in proposing under her father's roof, Infact it would be most romantic if her parents are somehow involved in the game.

So it's better you let this out to her mum first, let her know your intentions and plan this together.

Besides, please man up and tell her father too prior before her date so as to avoid unnecessary insults and tearsgrin. You can cheek her mum to do that for you though, buh it would be sooo sweet if you do it yourself! You would earn extreme respect from her father being a military personnel, they like those kind men.

But make sure you are not playing her daughter sha oo, I cannot comman be begging for someonegrin grin

#Goodluck
Thank you brother. I'll involve her mum. Much appreciated
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
Joycekkh:
Man up jor, you think he wants a timid suitor for his daughter, go to his house and do the needful. Propose to her in her house.
My dear. I really wish it was that easy oo.. Judging from what I'm hearing about her Dad. That man harsh wella. You know how Soja dey do
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
The mom only knows you on video calls. Soldier Dad doesn't even know if you exist yet and you thinking of go proposing to his beloved daughter at his residence

Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
Dicktion:
The mom only knows you on video calls. Soldier Dad doesn't even know if you exist yet and you thinking of go proposing to his beloved daughter at his residence
She does not want me to know her dad until she's sure that I'm going to get married to her. She hasn't introduced any guy to her father, and she doesn't want to go on introducing guys to him..
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
OriginalPosterr:

She does not want me to know her dad until she's sure that I'm going to get married to her. She hasn't introduced any guy to her father, and she doesn't want to go on introducing guys to him..
She wants you to propose without meeting her dad
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
I will.. With my parent when the time comes

Dicktion:
She wants you to propose without meeting her dad
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
OriginalPosterr:
I will.. With my parent when the time comes

Good luck man cool
Re: How Do I Propose To Her? by OriginalPosterr: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Dicktion:
Good luck man cool
Many thanks

(1) (Reply)

. / ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️bye,☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️ / See 3 Things You Should Do To A Girl That Comes To Your House For The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.