Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story (2980 Views)

Christianity, My Take.. / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / 10 Amazing revelations About Islam And Christianity God gave me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by SIONKPO1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
haekymbahd:
lol... Well Medical microbiology and Parasitology
OK
Have you remembered the portion of the Bible you read for 5/consecutive day's
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 12:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
Smhaykins:

There is no difference between Islam and Christianity....Muhammed only came to complete the work of Jesus and other prophets.

What makes Islam diff from Christianity is the manipulations in both religion. Though, it is much in christainity than Islam.

If not for the manipulations, the teachings would be same.

E.g Jesus never talked about trinity. Yet Christians keep teaching it. If Jesus is God, who was he praying to?

That aside, what is baffling me is, why would a loving God permits slavery. Because neither he nor any of his prophet ever condemned it Quran and Bible.

There is even an hadith that says Allah would not accept salat of any slave that runs away from his master until he returns.

Which means you can even enslave a fellow Muslim. Allahu Akbar!!!

Well I hope both Muslims and Christian serve the same God though I will personally be happy if that is true. I dont hate christainity but I only narrated my personal encounter if I hadn't met that pastor all this might not have happened. We all want to make heaven and I dont want to say things I am not certain of only God can judge us all.

About that hadith I can't confirm that but It is certainly not in the quran
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Smhaykins(m): 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
haekymbahd:
Well I hope both Muslims and Christian serve the same God though I will personally be happy if that is true. I dont hate christainity but I only narrated my personal encounter if I hadn't met that pastor all this might not have happened. We all want to make heaven and I dont want to say things I am not certain of only God can judge us all.

About that hadith I can't confirm that but It is certainly not in the Quran

But you confirmed that he did not condemn slavery...
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
Smhaykins:

But you confirmed that he did not condemn slavery...
it depends on what they meant by that word because even though Muhammed was a prophet he was still called a slave of God. Even Muslims are called slave of God.. It depends on what they meant by the word "slave" it could mean employee you know. It seems the word 'slave' is also used in islam as a form of respect.
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
Allah SWT said:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا وَالَّذِينَ هَادُوا وَالصّٰبِئِينَ وَالنَّصٰرٰى وَالْمَجُوسَ وَالَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوٓا إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْصِلُ بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيٰمَةِ  ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلٰى كُلِّ شَىْءٍ شَهِيدٌ
"Indeed, those who have believed and those who were Jews and the Sabeans and the Christians and the Magians and those who associated with Allah - Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. Indeed Allah is, over all things, Witness."
(QS. Al-Hajj 22: Verse 17)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2020
Allah SWT said:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا وَالَّذِينَ هَادُوا وَالنَّصٰرٰى وَالصّٰبِئِينَ مَنْ ءَامَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْأَاخِرِ وَعَمِلَ صٰلِحًا فَلَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ وَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
"Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 62)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by SIONKPO1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
haekymbahd:
it depends on what they meant by that word because even though Muhammed was a prophet he was still called a slave of God. Even Muslims are called slave of God.. It depends on what they meant by the word "slave" it could mean employee you know. It seems the word 'slave' is also used in islam as a form of respect.
As a christian we are called the child of GOD
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Allah SWT said:

ذٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنَّ مَا يَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِهِۦ هُوَ الْبٰطِلُ وَأَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْعَلِىُّ الْكَبِيرُ
"That is because Allah is the Truth, and that which they call upon other than Him is falsehood, and because Allah is the Most High, the Grand."
(QS. Al-Hajj 22: Verse 62)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
SIONKPO1:

As a christian we are called the child of GOD
it depends on who the true God is.
And the word 'slave' was just used as a sign of respect though.
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by SIONKPO1(m): 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2020
haekymbahd:
well I dont dispute that but it depends who the true God is.
It depends on your relationship with GOD,its not about religion
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
SIONKPO1:

It depends on your relationship with GOD,its not about religion
I understand u sir but I the word 'slave' was only used as a sign of respect though..
Because every prophet in islam are referred to as slave of God also
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Smhaykins(m): 12:58am On Jun 13, 2020
haekymbahd:

Quran 2:177 and Quran 9:60 talked about freeing of slaves as an atonement of sin...so tell me what slave means in this context
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 1:50am On Jun 13, 2020
Smhaykins:

Quran 2:177 and Quran 9:60 talked about freeing of slaves as an atonement of sin...so tell me what slave means in this context
Allah SWT said:

إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقٰتُ لِلْفُقَرَآءِ وَالْمَسٰكِينِ وَالْعٰمِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِى الرِّقَابِ وَالْغٰرِمِينَ وَفِى سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ  ۖ فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّهِ  ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ
"Zakah expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect [zakah] and for bringing hearts together [for Islam] and for freeing captives [or slaves] and for those in debt and for the cause of Allah and for the [stranded] traveler - an obligation [imposed] by Allah. And Allah is Knowing and Wise."
(QS. At-Tawba 9: Verse 60)

Allah SWT said:

لَّيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَنْ تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلٰكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ ءَامَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْأَاخِرِ وَالْمَلٰٓئِكَةِ وَالْكِتٰبِ وَالنَّبِيِّۦنَ وَءَاتَى الْمَالَ عَلٰى حُبِّهِۦ ذَوِى الْقُرْبٰى وَالْيَتٰمٰى وَالْمَسٰكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّآئِلِينَ وَفِى الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلٰوةَ وَءَاتَى الزَّكٰوةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عٰهَدُوا  ۖ وَالصّٰبِرِينَ فِى الْبَأْسَآءِ وَالضَّرَّآءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ  ۗ أُولٰٓئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا  ۖ وَأُولٰٓئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ
"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 177)

It is obvious Allah didn't permit slavery cos he wants muslims to free slaves with their Zakat.
And also the verse didn't say it is the Muslims that took them as slaves it only says free them with your zakat.

Zakat:
Zakat is an Islamic finance term referring to the obligation that an individual has to donate a certain proportion of wealth each year to charitable causes. Zakat is a mandatory process for Muslims and is regarded as a form of worship
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 2:24am On Jun 13, 2020
Smhaykins:

okay I get your question now okay the word 'slave' can have several meaning in islam according to that verses it is the normal slavery.

If Muslims call themselves slaves of God it also means 'servant of God' it is just as form of respect, I know for sure they avoided using the word child of God as the Christians do. Because at the end if u are 'child of God' or 'Slave of God' at the end the aim is just to enter the kingdom of God.
Cos that what caused difference between islam and christainity in the first place cos Christians see Jesus co-equal with God infact God I.e The father is not greater than him( when jesus actually said my father is greater than I) and also as son of God and son of Man while muslims only see him as the prophet and messenger of God and son of Mary also worshiper of Allah cos he also prays (example The lords prayer in the bible).

Surat ikhlas:
Allah SWT said:

قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ
"Say, He is Allah, [who is] One,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: 1)
Allah SWT said:

اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ
"Allah, the Eternal Refuge."
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 2)

Allah SWT said:

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ
"He neither begets nor is born,"
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 3)

Allah SWT said:

وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَّهُۥ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ
"Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
(QS. Al-Ikhlaas 112: Verse 4)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 3:21am On Jun 13, 2020
Allah SWT said:

وَقَالَتِ الْيَهُودُ وَالنَّصٰرٰى نَحْنُ أَبْنٰٓؤُا اللَّهِ وَأَحِبّٰٓؤُهُۥ  ۚ قُلْ فَلِمَ يُعَذِّبُكُمْ بِذُنُوبِكُم  ۖ بَلْ أَنْتُمْ بَشَرٌ مِّمَّنْ خَلَقَ  ۚ يَغْفِرُ لِمَنْ يَشَآءُ وَيُعَذِّبُ مَنْ يَشَآءُ  ۚ وَلِلَّهِ مُلْكُ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا  ۖ وَإِلَيْهِ الْمَصِيرُ
"But the Jews and the Christians say, We are the children of Allah and His beloved. Say, Then why does He punish you for your sins? Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 18)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 7:04am On Jun 13, 2020
Allah SWT said:

مَّا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلَّا رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِنْ قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ وَأُمُّهُۥ صِدِّيقَةٌ  ۖ كَانَا يَأْكُلَانِ الطَّعَامَ  ۗ انْظُرْ كَيْفَ نُبَيِّنُ لَهُمُ الْأَايٰتِ ثُمَّ انْظُرْ أَنّٰى يُؤْفَكُونَ
"The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 75)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2020
OJODEL10:
bro i read your post from top to bottom i am happy to tell dont that holy spirit dont behave the you painted. he doesnt struggle ,

Yeah. You took the words right out of my mouth. The Holy spirit doesn't struggle with you. If you invite and allow him, he' ll come. You first need to yield yourself to Him. But in the OPs case, he's resisting Him. So

Paul did worse than you. So your case is moimoi. When God is ready for you, you'll surrender life.

Shalom.
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Mywd: 8:10am On Jun 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
So follow your encounter u don't have to follow mine its personal to me. I believe Allah is the true God and prophet muhammed was a messenger of God.
Allah SWT said:

قُلْ إِنَّمَآ أَنَا۠ بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحٰىٓ إِلَىَّ أَنَّمَآ إِلٰهُكُمْ إِلٰهٌ وٰحِدٌ فَاسْتَقِيمُوٓا إِلَيْهِ وَاسْتَغْفِرُوهُ  ۗ وَوَيْلٌ لِّلْمُشْرِكِينَ
"Say, O [Muhammad], I am only a man like you to whom it has been revealed that your god is but one God; so take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness. And woe to those who associate others with Allah -"
(QS. Fussilat 41: Verse 6)

U see dat person dat has been countering your prayers is Satan not any Mohammed.....satan in form of Mohammed
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
@ ochoiho
I realized that when I started praying the prayer point given to me such as "Jesus reveal yorself to me" or "holy spirit fill me up"... The first time was in my dream someone placed a hand on my head and said received the holyspirit I felt some kind of vibration all through my body the pastorv mentoring said it is "impartation".
Okay again I was praying at night same prayers I felt a rushing wind comming towards me and my hand was getting kind of warm... I started stammering and mumbling the prayers I think I was speaking in tongue. I slept and the dream I saw was me telling my imam I am about to join Christianity he asked why I said I was not around during the time of Muhammed and Jesus I only met the bible and Quran so I don't know which is true he said don't join Christianity in a dream o.

Also I had a christianic dream one time on waking up I realize similar feeling like a rushing wind trying to fill me up and I recited a verse of the Quran and it left immediately.

@ The bolded. You have just described one of the attributes of the Holy Spirit. If you grieve the Holy Spirit, he'll leave you.
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Smhaykins(m): 9:17am On Jun 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
Allah SWT said:

إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقٰتُ لِلْفُقَرَآءِ وَالْمَسٰكِينِ وَالْعٰمِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِى الرِّقَابِ وَالْغٰرِمِينَ وَفِى سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ  ۖ فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّهِ  ۗ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ
"Zakah expenditures are only for the poor and for the needy and for those employed to collect [zakah] and for bringing hearts together [for Islam] and for freeing captives [or slaves] and for those in debt and for the cause of Allah and for the [stranded] traveler - an obligation [imposed] by Allah. And Allah is Knowing and Wise."
(QS. At-Tawba 9: Verse 60)

Allah SWT said:

لَّيْسَ الْبِرَّ أَنْ تُوَلُّوا وُجُوهَكُمْ قِبَلَ الْمَشْرِقِ وَالْمَغْرِبِ وَلٰكِنَّ الْبِرَّ مَنْ ءَامَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْأَاخِرِ وَالْمَلٰٓئِكَةِ وَالْكِتٰبِ وَالنَّبِيِّۦنَ وَءَاتَى الْمَالَ عَلٰى حُبِّهِۦ ذَوِى الْقُرْبٰى وَالْيَتٰمٰى وَالْمَسٰكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ وَالسَّآئِلِينَ وَفِى الرِّقَابِ وَأَقَامَ الصَّلٰوةَ وَءَاتَى الزَّكٰوةَ وَالْمُوفُونَ بِعَهْدِهِمْ إِذَا عٰهَدُوا  ۖ وَالصّٰبِرِينَ فِى الْبَأْسَآءِ وَالضَّرَّآءِ وَحِينَ الْبَأْسِ  ۗ أُولٰٓئِكَ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا  ۖ وَأُولٰٓئِكَ هُمُ الْمُتَّقُونَ
"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 177)

It is obvious Allah didn't permit slavery cos he wants muslims to free slaves with their Zakat.
And also the verse didn't say it is the Muslims that took them as slaves it only says free them with your zakat.

Zakat:
Zakat is an Islamic finance term referring to the obligation that an individual has to donate a certain proportion of wealth each year to charitable causes. Zakat is a mandatory process for Muslims and is regarded as a form of worship

With this verse, you should understand that there is a reward for freeing slaves...but is not a sin to have a slave.

I can give verses where Allah condemned alcohol, fornication and idolatry,
But can you show me where he said there is punishment for slavery
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 1:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
Eulalia:

@ The bolded. You have just described one of the attributes of the Holy Spirit. If you grieve the Holy Spirit, he'll leave you.
u know I understand u if I was a Christian from birth I would give in easily without questioning the spirit however there was also a counter spirit the Islamic one. I dont think it was right for me to accept any spirit that comes to me holyspirit unless it was dominant over the other.

They are both coming as light and truth and nothing much to differentiate them.

I know u feel i grieved the holyspirit cos Christians dont believe Allah is God but also Muslim dont believe Jesus as God either if I choose the Christianic holyspirit muslims will also think I chose a demonic spirit also .

So i was right to take careful care before committing to any spirit definitely I want to go to heaven so I wont see something as evil spirit and choose it.

Allah was warning me to stay away from shaytan maybe the Christianic spirit will do the same too so who is the real satan and how do I know the true spirit of God. So I followed the dominant one and Allah convinced me that I am on the right path till date I am still having my encounters. And Allah has been guiding me.

Allah showed me some signs which I have stated earlier. They are both doing good things to their followers though.
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
haekymbahd:
u know I understand u if I was a Christian from birth I would give in easily without questioning the spirit however there was also a counter spirit the Islamic one. I dont think it was right for me to accept any spirit that comes to me holyspirit unless it was dominant over the other.

They are both coming as light and truth and nothing much to differentiate them.

I know u feel i grieved the holyspirit cos Christians dont believe Allah is God but also Muslim dont believe Jesus as God either if I choose the Christianic holyspirit muslims will also think I chose a demonic spirit also .

So i was right to take careful care before committing to any spirit definitely I want to go to heaven so I wont see something as evil spirit and choose it.

Allah was warning me to stay away from shaytan maybe the Christianic spirit will do the same too so who is the real satan and how do I know the true spirit of God. So I followed the dominant one and Allah convinced me that I am on the right path till date I am still having my encounters. And Allah has been guiding me.

Allah showed me some signs which I have stated earlier. They are both doing good things to their followers though.

This generation with seeking signs. God says, no sign shall be given but the sign of Jonah to those seeking signs.

One thing to note is you can't serve two masters. You ll live the one and despise the other. So, Whatever rocks your boat.

Shalom.
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
Smhaykins:

With this verse, you should understand that there is a reward for freeing slaves...but is not a sin to have a slave.

I can give verses where Allah condemned alcohol, fornication and idolatry,
But can you show me where he said there is punishment for slavery
well I didn't see punishment for it but I know Allah wants Muslims to free slaves.
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mywd:

U see dat person dat has been countering your prayers is Satan not any Mohammed.....satan in form of Mohammed
lol u have been a Christian all your life. Most Christian have not had spiritual encounter with Allah same has the muslims most have not had encounter with the Christianic holyspirit.. I expect u to support your religion though a muslim will also say otherwise so its not a new thing...
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
Eulalia:

Yeah. You took the words right out of my mouth. The Holy spirit doesn't struggle with you. If you invite and allow him, he' ll come. You first need to yield yourself to Him. But in the OPs case, he's resisting Him. So

Paul did worse than you. So your case is moimoi. When God is ready for you, you'll surrender life.

Shalom.
That's the problem with we humans and how satan was able to dominate among us without we even knowing.
We are expecting satan to be doing evil when its aim is actually to deflect us from serving the True God. God does not want human to take partners with him.
we just accept any spirit that is doing us good without challenging it for truth cos that's what you want me to do.

Human are serving satan without even knowing we have to be careful when accepting any spirit.

Hence the saying A true christian will not join islam or A true muslim will not join Christianity.

Or do u believe God wants us to stay in our comfort zone hence making humans Christian s or muslims by birth respectively.

On that Paul matter I dont believe it was God that spoke to him but I believe jesus
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 8:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Allah SWT said:

مَّنِ اهْتَدٰى فَإِنَّمَا يَهْتَدِى لِنَفْسِهِۦ  ۖ وَمَنْ ضَلَّ فَإِنَّمَا يَضِلُّ عَلَيْهَا  ۚ وَلَا تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزْرَ أُخْرٰى  ۗ وَمَا كُنَّا مُعَذِّبِينَ حَتّٰى نَبْعَثَ رَسُولًا
"Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 15)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Allah SWT said:

قَالَ رَبِّ بِمَآ أَغْوَيْتَنِى لَأُزَيِّنَنَّ لَهُمْ فِى الْأَرْضِ وَلَأُغْوِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْمَعِينَ
"[Iblees] said, My Lord, because You have put me in error, I will surely make [disobedience] attractive to them on earth, and I will mislead them all"
(QS. Al-Hijr 15: Verse 39)

Allah SWT said:

إِلَّا عِبَادَكَ مِنْهُمُ الْمُخْلَصِينَ
"Except, among them, Your chosen servants."
(QS. Al-Hijr 15: Verse 40)

Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Subduer: 8:25am On Jun 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
to
I realize a true muslim won't leave Islam also a true christian won't leave Christianity unless they can FUNCTION IN BOTH REALMS and decide which is truly right I tried as much no to be biased.
SATANIC ChrIslam is the bane of Christianity in Western Nigeria.
1. Fridays they go to mosque.
2. Saturdays they're at Ifa shrine.
3. Sundays they're in christian church
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Subduer:

SATANIC ChrIslam is the bane of Christianity in Western Nigeria.
1. Fridays they go to mosque.
2. Saturdays they're at Ifa shrine.
3. Sundays they're in christian church
Same applies to followers of both religion though but the sincere ones won't do that...
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by Subduer: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
haekymbahd:
Same applies to followers of both religion though but the sincere ones won't do that...
True Christianity has been growing in Yorubaland, especially into DOMINANCE since the year 2000, as the Military that props up, & sustains Islam is no longer in control of National Resources. Moslems generally look up to the Government, while Christians are TAUGHT from day one to look up to Christ Jesus, Author and Finisher of their faith, Hebrews 12:2
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by SIONKPO1(m): 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Subduer:
True Christianity has been growing in Yorubaland, especially into DOMINANCE since the year 2000, as the Military that props up, & sustains Islam is no longer in control of National Resources. Moslems generally look up to the Government, while Christians are TAUGHT from day one to look up to Christ Jesus, Author and Finisher of their faith, Hebrews 12:2
Rise in violence has made many to abandon their Islamic faith
Re: Choosing between Islam and Christianity My True Life Story by haekymbahd(m): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Subduer:
funny... But one thing is Nigeria is not an Islamic country and I dont think at any point in time this country has ever been islamized.
The claim that government favored Moslems in Yorubaland how is that even possible and in what way.
I believe muslims look up to Allah .

It is true that violence from some sect who claim to be Islamic has given the religion a bad image worldwide but u have to also know most Muslims doesn't even support them we dont regard them as true muslims because to make heaven in islam following the 5 pillars of islam is enough to me I dont understand them because if they want people to convert to islam violence won't work it is even driving people away so what their aim is I dont know I personally believe it is one of the work of shaytan to drive people away from serving the true God.

The boko harams and the likes have killed soul which Allah has forbidden unjustly hence they will suffer the wrath of Allah but people are seeing them as the true muslims which led people away from islam hence calling innocent Muslims terrorists. Islam is a religion of peace.

Allah SWT said:

وَلَا تَقْتُلُوا النَّفْسَ الَّتِى حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلَّا بِالْحَقِّ  ۗ وَمَنْ قُتِلَ مَظْلُومًا فَقَدْ جَعَلْنَا لِوَلِيِّهِۦ سُلْطٰنًا فَلَا يُسْرِف فِّى الْقَتْلِ  ۖ إِنَّهُۥ كَانَ مَنْصُورًا
"And do not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden, except by right. And whoever is killed unjustly - We have given his heir authority, but let him not exceed limits in [the matter of] taking life. Indeed, he has been supported [by the law]."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 33)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Easter To All Nairaland Members ! / Christ Embassy Strategy / I Gave My Life For You. What Have You Done For Me? - Jesus(Photos - The Passion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.