Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? (22950 Views)

What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by JamesHanu(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
Here in Ikotun, Abaranje to be precised we enjoy at least 16hrs electricity. There's light now sef

2 Likes

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Osgilliat(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
Due to the constant electricity in my area the transformer serving the street has been getting faulty lately.. almost every week. They have resulted to sharing the power now : two days on one day off meanwhile there are over 15 mini transformers capable of serving four to five houses in the street if it’s been used. They prefer the mini transformers to rot away rather than use it.

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by RealtorX: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
Supply here at Ijeun-Lukosi, Abeokuta used to be excellent. We used to have light for a week at times without blinking.
Fast forward to when this new supervisor was transferred to Abeokuta, he disconnected our area from the usual grid. We hardly have light for 12 hours a day now.
He also lives around the area but hardly stays at home.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Pavillon: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
We have light for 23hrs 32min everyday..
The 28min is usually for maintenance..
That's my own house sha..
I don't know for other houses
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by orunto27: 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
No Electricity for 20 hours now. The Transformer is bad, noone is attending to it.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by 7lives: 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Runaway:
Na e village gods go punish am. Even if light improve for everywhere, that funke of a witch nor go let Benin own improve, especially Ikpoba hill.....

Be careful Funke Oshi**du? na real winsh o.
Obaseki life no remain the same ever since he slapped that woman, grin grin grin grin grin.
Abi na Funke Akidele you dey talk?.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by eneyoduke(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
We have 20hrs of electricity because we are on a Bilateral Agreement with IE and we pay 68 naira per KWh here in ikorodu which is on a higher tariff
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Niftycherry(f): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
For the past one week after Saturday's down pour what we see is a flash of 5-10minutes light and that will be all for the day.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Worldbest281: 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Stable is an understatement here in ikirun Osun State.. We have light 19-20hrs every day
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Sonicroyel: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Runaway:
Na e village gods go punish am. Even if light improve for everywhere, that funke of a witch nor go let Benin own improve, especially Ikpoba hill.....

after boys don rape uwa day area don cast
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by JiGermany: 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
CilicMarin:
In View Of The Recent Claim By The Minister, About The Improvement Of Power Supply Across The Country, Can Your Rate The Power Supply In Your Area...

Please Mention Town, City Or Street, let's Nairaland Verify ..

15days of darkness, Rumunduru, ph..and still counting.�
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by THMT: 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
CilicMarin:
I go first..

I Stay Around Amuwo Odofin In Lagos....and for the past 2 Months we have enjoyed between 18- 24 Hours Power Supply...

Confirm from anybody living around this environment...

Not what I heard from Festac town. Electricity is not and has never been good but expenses on Electric bills and fuel for a month is so high not to mention the noise/air pollution caused by generators.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by omokab: 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
funstufz:
In fact, in my area in Ibadan it's another story...
Looks like they are monitoring the light, I was about to start this comment when light went off...yeah power outage....

Hmmm, at times it may be a flash of 5minutes till the next day...

Longest period is usually between 4 - 8 for the whole day to be followed by day or two with lesser hour or outright darkness ..

It was that bad
where in Ibadan?
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Geonigga(m): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
For the past three week we have been having light upto 20hours of the 24 hours if the day.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by omokab: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
GoodofNaija:

Nobody will be interested in joining issues with you on this.

You should first ask yourself, what percentage of Nigeria is amuwo odofin?

Then have you tried to ask other people living in other areas of Lagos the situation of light in their areas.

Also have you tried to call your friends in other states to know how their light is?

To be candid with you even the minister who made the statement knows not up to 20% of Nigeria is enjoying 10 hours of power per day.
the simple question is "your area". So, don't accuse him of mentioning the situation in his area alone. This is one of the reasons Most student failed English language in waec.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by liverpudian9(m): 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
I am at fajol, obantoko Abeokuta, its either 4hrs one day and darkness for 3days, midnight power and 4days darkness very bad thank god for solar
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Minjim: 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
I stay at ijegun. Samuel Adeoti street to be precise
They ration our light 2 day On and Off
The day we are On they don't bring the light till 5pm. They take at 11pm. Bring it again at 5am, take it at 11am. When I calculated those two days we are On. It's 18 hours for 2 days.
It's thunder that'll fire that man. You don't just sit at the top and claim that this and that is happening.
Since Saturday now we have not had light

4 Likes

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Gudwyn01(m): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
I stay in Rafinsenyi suleja Niger state aka power state
We only see power between 9am to 12 noon during the day and 9pm to 12 midnight
Or
From 2 pm to 5 pm during the day and 12 midnight to 4 am
Am a senator from Niger state said they should stop importing generator
I am sure his home town does even see power at all

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by TBrown77(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Power can only be measured by TRANSFORMER by TRANSFORMER not by AREA or state...... DISCO have so divide us through these TRANSFORMER. GENERATION supply TRANSMISSION and collect the revenue of their supplies, TRANSMISSION have adequate supply from GENERATION to Supply DISTRIBUTION (DISCOS) . DISTRIBUTION don't request for adequate supply to give each TRANSFORMER on the street not that TRANSMISSION didn't have sufficient to supply them but they didn't want to pay TRANSMISSION people's demand (usage) . E.g Let G stand GENERATION, T for TRANSMISSION and D for DISTRIBUTION

G generates and gives T and T pays for what was supplied.
T Supplies Should is expected to be given to D and will be paid for.
D supply will be given to the consumer (end user) and will be paid for.

G ------- T -------- D ----------- C. which each component demand and paid for by each component.

Now if G generates # 100 worth of power and this is the national requirement
T looks up to D to know how much power to demand and transmit
D knew that the demand of the consumer is # 100 to meet 24/7 availability of power at individual homes.
D will demand for #40 power which will make power that is available with G and T of about #60 to waste.

They do these to gain #60 which was not supplied by T
They also give consumers crazy bill estimates bill which they gain from.
They are to supply prepaid meter to consumers which they will not, will reduce their gains if they supply prepaid meter.
Faulty Transformer should be repaired or replaced but look forward to consumers to pay part of the bill after waiting for about a year.

The question is who control/OWN This DISCOS (DISTRIBUTION LANE)

ANSWER POLITICIANS

NIGERIA I HAIL THEE

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by GoodofNaija: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
omokab:
the simple question is "your area". So, don't accuse him of mentioning the situation in his area alone. This is one of the reasons Most student failed English language in waec.

But don't you think it's a kindergarten question he's asking you.

Even the minister who made the claim knows there's no such improvement.

What's the need of answering questions based on propaganda
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Darlingboy4sure(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
Since last week, we have not seen a flashlight!
The guy lie pass Lai Mohammed
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by grandpoh(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
I can't talk for others oo but where I stay which is within Abeokuta north light is relatively stable its usually 11pm till 5am then 10am till around 5 or 6pm sha

At obada which is under ewekoro local government na them dey use the whole Ogun state light..if u no get light here its one of two things your house connections or your street transformer..
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by hisgrace090: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
timekeeper1:
TTC - third to comment.

We use light about 14 hours or so..

told me that the whole South East enjoys 20 hours light a day..buhari is working.

Azmanaty, is that true?

Gwafaeziokwu nko?

Count south east out.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
LZAA:
Shatapgrin
gringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by vivypretty(f): 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
6 hrs a Day. 3hrs in the morning or afternoon and 3 hrs at night. Aba
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by LZAA: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by DICKstractor: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
I stay in Eket, Akwa Ibom state, we have 8-9hours light... 4hours in the morning and another 4hoirs in the night
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by gnykelly(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
humilitypays:
Lolz, op you are taking Fashola the minister of darkness serious Wonderful shocked

Fashola was overhyped when he was a Governor. Even a mad man will function as Governor of Lagos State because Lagos is like a country inside a country with huge IGR to fund any project, secure any amount of project loans and loot enough and still have enough left.

Don't ever use Lagos Governorship to measure the good leadership skill of any politician, if you want to know good leader, take the person to go and govern states like Ekiti, Abia, Osun, Benue, Taraba, Ebonyi, not a rich cosmopolitan state like Lagos undecided

Fashola is a failure who looted even money for sinking borehole, used millions to create stupid website grin

yu really don't get it. Lagos you are seeing today was like ABA in 1999 very dirty and full of miscreants if you really know oshodi under bridge then and now and a lot of things you wouldn't commonise the leadership efforts of the succession of govnor in the state.

most of us can comfortably walk past that place now at night. if it was you Said states like pH bayelsa and Delta will be high flying right now.

even other govnors sees him as different except you key board warrior

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Favoritedealer: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
20 hours off,4 hours on,e no better for dat man
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by k2money(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
Here in ajegunle àgbàdo is 18 hours sometimes it get to 20 hours but the least is 18 hours
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by rejoice4eva(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
Horrific, shameful and disgusting. From Ido OSI in Ekiti State. Despite the lock down I paid electricity bill, yet no light. It is generator all the way.

Very pathetic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Keyamo: 10 Accounts Linked To Tinubu In US, $460,000 Deducted As Tax / Biafra News Paper Launched, Called Biafra Times / Fuel Subsidy: It's Time For Difficult Decisions, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.