Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? (22934 Views)

What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by BABAawoo47: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
Talknochip:
The situation is annoying in Jos north

east. They give us 15-16 hrs power everyday. the break it down to 3hrs in the morning. is frm 4-7:30am. 11am-5pm in the evenings. then 8pm- 11pm. any time rain fall, we no go see lite for two or three days.
there is one side fr tina... there light na ON till e spoil grin grin

Govt needs to share dis tin equally
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Prosper91(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
My area Umunede Delta state,we get up to 20 hours power supply daily

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by fmwise2k(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
No light in my area for more than 2weeks. Along command road, ipaja, lagos
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Jack500: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
humilitypays:
Lolz, op you are taking Fashola the minister of darkness serious Wonderful shocked

Fashola was overhyped when he was a Governor. Even a mad man will function as Governor of Lagos State because Lagos is like a country inside a country with huge IGR to fund any project, secure any amount of project loans and loot enough and still have enough left.

Don't ever use Lagos Governorship to measure the good leadership skill of any politician, if you want to know good leader, take the person to go and govern states like Ekiti, Abia, Osun, Benue, Taraba, Ebonyi, not a rich cosmopolitan state like Lagos undecided

Fashola is a failure who looted even money for sinking borehole, used millions to create stupid website grin

Get sense, u no gree. Is fashola still the power Minister?
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by DragnetisaKuk(f): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nbote:

Off kaduna road enjoys steady power but can U say dat for Suleja as a whole? Or even Gauraka dats next door?

No. I know those areas don't enjoy stable power supply I was responding based on where I am currently. Some places in Bakin Iku have power only 6 hours a day, at least since last I've been there. I can't say if it has improved or if it has worsened.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by eddybeat12(m): 1:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
Light for my area is 80℅

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Joguns(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
humilitypays:
Lolz, op you are taking Fashola the minister of darkness serious Wonderful shocked

Fashola was overhyped when he was a Governor. Even a mad man will function as Governor of Lagos State because Lagos is like a country inside a country with huge IGR to fund any project, secure any amount of project loans and loot enough and still have enough left.

Don't ever use Lagos Governorship to measure the good leadership skill of any politician, if you want to know good leader, take the person to go and govern states like Ekiti, Abia, Osun, Benue, Taraba, Ebonyi, not a rich cosmopolitan state like Lagos undecided

Fashola is a failure who looted even money for sinking borehole, used millions to create stupid website grin

Are you in Nigeria presently? Please check today's date please and glance through Newspapers of the past one month to know current affairs. Stop hate. Fashola left thatoffice since May 14th 2019.

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Irregular
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Chicastle: 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
My question is, why must electricity companies in Nigeria switch off the light?
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by ridbell01(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
humilitypays:

this is nonsense comment why your mad man is not performing in Bayelsa despite the huge resources in the state?
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Freeman85(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
Oga pls stop lying, is Festac not part of Amuwo Odofin? When was the Last time 3rd Avenue had power Supply? For Emphasis, I bought a TV from Jumia 2 weeks ago,
it took 5 days before I could test the TV at home because there was no light. I stay at 7th Avenue.
CilicMarin:
I go first..

I Stay Around Amuwo Odofin In Lagos....and for the past 2 Months we have enjoyed between 18- 24 Hours Power Supply...

Confirm from anybody living around this environment...

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by jumper524(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
humilitypays:

most of you wailers don't know when to be reasonable.
firstly: fashola is no longer the power minister.
2ndly: fashola progress as gov of Lagos can never be over hyped cos it was very visible.
I grew up in lagos, I left Lagos 2012 and was visiting subsequently ever since.
why ambode can't half fashola progress goes to show even a mad man knows fashola tried, why tinubu couldn't establish Lagos the way fashola did still tells alot.

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by frankmoney(m): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
23 hours a day ... In rumuagholu pH ... Light rarely goes in the estate is live

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
Opebi,Ikeja where I work.phcn will turn on their light at night when business owners have closed and switch it off the next morning when businesses are resuming.At weekend when when businesses don't open that much they will turn on their power supply during the day for 10hrs.They will still bring crazy bills for us to pay.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by HENRY940: 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2020
Only at night.

@Portharcourt
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Joguns(m): 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
Please, Power Minister relocate to Akure. Come and enjoy your 24hr power supply. You are a liar.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by delvzy(m): 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
From what I've been able to observe in the past days is the improvement in the power supply.
In Abakaliki,off Ogoja road to be precise Light has been for approximately 13hrs which I feel is commendable but also needs improving.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by AmeLonRo(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
We are watching or back, front, up and down with this statement.
That's what his boys told him and that's exactly what he wants to hear.
He should go out and see the places where the masses are himself.
Na lie sha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzE3NW09b8M
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by humilitypays(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
Joguns:

Are you in Nigeria presently? Please check today's date please and glance through Newspapers of the past one month to know current affairs. Stop hate. Fashola left thatoffice since May 14th 2019.
na the same thing na, not even up to 1yr, he is still the minister, his failure is still holding power down in Nigeria, Fashola na failure

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Talknochip(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
BABAawoo47:
there is one side fr tina... there light na ON till e spoil grin grin

Govt needs to share dis tin equally
lol. nah fudawa b dat. nah Juth lite
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by rashcity: 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ada George, I% and it comes in 5 5mins to complete 1hr in total each day
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by bluefilm: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
12/24 on the average.

Most times the power goes off around 12 midnight and comes back around 9 the next day...
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by rattyo3: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
It seems the 5min light a day is common to most area of Ibadan. The max for the past 3months is 5hrs on eid day.

Plea and yarning of people in my area (Apete, Ibadan) for light has fallen into deaf ears of IBEDC.

funstufz:
In fact, in my area in Ibadan it's another story...
Looks like they are monitoring the light, I was about to start this comment when light went off...yeah power outage....

Hmmm, at times it may be a flash of 5minutes till the next day...

Longest period is usually between 4 - 8 for the whole day to be followed by day or two with lesser hour or outright darkness ..

It was that bad
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Galaxydon1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2020
Here in aba. We only enjoy 2 hours of electricity

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Ghozky(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
I've been at Port-harcourt road, Aba, Abia State, for the past three months.
We do have an average of 6 - 8 hours of daily power supply.
The Minister should verify his facts, abeg

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by yesloaded: 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
oluwadabira111:
Though they have been trying at least in Ibadan north east to be precise, we have light like 15-17 hours but since last week we have been in total darkness!
Ibadan North East my former adugbo grin
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by vivalavida(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
Huge improvement.
My generator is even on holiday now.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by agaba(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
In Dutse Alhaji, zone 7, Bwari, Abuja, we enjoy almost 24 hours of electricity. This is even during Goodluck era so is not his government creation but they sustain it
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by epadomo(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
In fact when i bought gas last was on 1st of November 2019 cos I use electric cooker all the time.AIT area in Alagbado in lagos
particularly inside the estate power might not go off in a week even if it does it's for few minutes or hours.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by jaytee01(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
otokx:
Light is much improved and stable in my area of Port Harcourt. It is a known secret in Nigeria that yahoo boys flock to areas with more than 18 hours of light and good roads.
Ok I get it.... you have confirmed that you are a Yahoo boy.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by olaoluwa002: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Honestly I could have love to see the minister come down to our town Hall in ikorodu and make such myopic statement brethren am over confident that the video will be the most watch video on utube for year2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Insecurity: I Won’t Resign, Saboteurs After My Govt – Buhari To Elders / Lagos Declares Total Clampdown On Alcohol Sales, Street Trading In Parks, Garage / Air Force To Investigate Mistaken Attack On Soldiers At Mainok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.