Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? (22949 Views)

What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / Nigerians To Get 18-Hour Electricity Supply Soon – Sale Mamman, Power Minister / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by hisgrace090: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
comrChris:
He should come to Afikpo and say this, let me see whether 1000 soldiers will save him

The entire south east as e whole.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Funjosh(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2020
12-14 hours daily aroud Igando
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by oshiokpu(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
CilicMarin:
I go first..

I Stay Around Amuwo Odofin In Lagos....and for the past 2 Months we have enjoyed between 18- 24 Hours Power Supply...

Confirm from anybody living around this environment...
Confirmed
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Kfed4ril(m): 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
Someone7:
The power minister is MAD!

I get electricity only 2 hours everyday from 9pm to 11pm. Then till the next day.

When it rains, we won't see light for at least 3-5 days. And this is in Abuja

What part of Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by hisgrace090: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
RICKYMARIO:
Here in Ozubulu, Anambra, we currently enjoy about 10-15 hours of power supply per day (it's been like this for almost a week now. In fact my dad was even asking me this afternoon if there is a problem with EEDC, lol

Sir emeka office surrounding nothing more.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by edoairways: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
Someone7:

I get electricity only 2 hours everyday from 9pm to 11pm. Then till the next day.

Where in FCT?
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by edoairways: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
Joefat:
Here in Akure, it unpredictable, sometimes 2hrs in a day and sometimes, 3hrs once in 3days.. So it unpredictable..
Make God help us.

Atleast they brought it at midnight and I think it will last 3hrs, but meanwhile, we have no light since last week Sunday until midnight...
Someone told me that Akure enjoys stable power or is there any area that enjoys that in Akure.?
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by jumper524(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
GoodofNaija:

If you are sound, you would have known from the response of people on the thread of the Minister's statement that There's actually no improvement of power in 20% of Nigeria.

So it is like asking a kindergarten question in a mature forum.

Even the minister knows he has done nothing to bring improvement in power. They are only doing their usual propaganda on you.
probably you judge from your nose.
Why not take actual survey?

Electricity improved in my area 2 months back
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by technoguy: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2020
otokx:
Light is much improved and stable in my area of Port Harcourt. It is a known secret in Nigeria that yahoo boys flock to areas with more than 18 hours of light and good roads.
Lol ILegendd comes to mind
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by debeginin(m): 4:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
In my area sometimes we go days uninterrupted.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Godson4live: 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Light for my area dey fair sha.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Godson4live: 4:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
At least like 12 hours
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by technoguy: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nezzjnr:

You're wrong on this

I stay at Amuwo Odofin too
He's a scammer. Apparently this is a sponsored post
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2020
GoodofNaija:

Nobody will be interested in joining issues with you on this.

You should first ask yourself, what percentage of Nigeria is amuwo odofin?

Then have you tried to ask other people living in other areas of Lagos the situation of light in their areas.

Also have you tried to call your friends in other states to know how their light is?

To be candid with you even the minister who made the statement knows not up to 20% of Nigeria is enjoying 10 hours of power per day.

He's talking from his own experience. Everyone shouldn't have bad experience. Since the Coronavirus started, power has been surprisingly stable here too along Ijanikin in Lagos. We enjoy about 48 hours or more before brief interruption. Never seen anything like it before.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Corporate2020: 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
humilitypays:
Lolz, op you are taking Fashola the minister of darkness serious Wonderful shocked

Fashola was overhyped when he was a Governor. Even a mad man will function as Governor of Lagos State because Lagos is like a country inside a country with huge IGR to fund any project, secure any amount of project loans and loot enough and still have enough left.

Don't ever use Lagos Governorship to measure the good leadership skill of any politician, if you want to know good leader, take the person to go and govern states like Ekiti, Abia, Osun, Benue, Taraba, Ebonyi, not a rich cosmopolitan state like Lagos undecided

Fashola is a failure who looted even money for sinking borehole, used millions to create stupid website grin

Only people with memory loss still calls Fashola the Minister of Power
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by adekolaelect(m): 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2020
Though I observed development in electricity stability in osun .Diesel consumption for Generators per month is on the lowest side
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by gibsonwales(m): 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
I live in Iwaya, Yaba area of Lagos state. Since the lockdown started march 31st, we've been getting 18-24hrs power supply, walahi kwa ! Well, may be it's because my local government of residence (Lagos Mainland) has the highest number of positive cases of COVID-19 in the country grin
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by clems88(m): 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
funstufz:
In fact, in my area in Ibadan it's another story...
Looks like they are monitoring the light, I was about to start this comment when light went off...yeah power outage....

Hmmm, at times it may be a flash of 5minutes till the next day...

Longest period is usually between 4 - 8 for the whole day to be followed by day or two with lesser hour or outright darkness ..

It was that bad
my brother ...at Orita challenge its another story. They give when ever they feel like which wount even be more than 3 hrs.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by TheExecutioner: 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
You are a bona fide, certified LIAR.

CilicMarin:
I go first..

I Stay Around Amuwo Odofin In Lagos....and for the past 2 Months we have enjoyed between 18- 24 Hours Power Supply...

Confirm from anybody living around this environment...
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Nwoke01(m): 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2020
I Stay around Amuwo Odofin and here we have power for 20 hours daily
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by olajizz01(m): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
Corporate2020:

Only people with memory loss still calls Fashola the Minister of Power
Hmmm,very deep.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Olatara(f): 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
humilitypays:
Lolz, op you are taking Fashola the minister of darkness serious Wonderful shocked

Fashola was overhyped when he was a Governor. Even a mad man will function as Governor of Lagos State because Lagos is like a country inside a country with huge IGR to fund any project, secure any amount of project loans and loot enough and still have enough left.

Don't ever use Lagos Governorship to measure the good leadership skill of any politician, if you want to know good leader, take the person to go and govern states like Ekiti, Abia, Osun, Benue, Taraba, Ebonyi, not a rich cosmopolitan state like Lagos undecided

Fashola is a failure who looted even money for sinking borehole, used millions to create stupid website grin
The asked about Fashola? Answer the question.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by olajizz01(m): 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
Here in Osogbo and it's environment,we didn't have much problems about electricity supply before.

I can say we have 21 to 23hrs per day.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by 1bunne4lif(m): 4:28pm On Jun 11, 2020
MBIAMA RIVERS STATE: NO LIGHT SINCE LAST YEAR JANUARY
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by oviexcels(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
Asaba, Summit area we have not seen electricity from BEDC for more than 1 year 6 months now
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by IgboGirlsFucker: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
Someone7:

Infact, it will never be well with that minister.
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by michealdeco: 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2020
Second powerline aba have not seen electricity for 3 good years now
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Manageable
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by rejoke(f): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Am in Agbarha-otor in Ughelli north Delta state.. my community have not seen light for over two years now
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2020
Tissaia:
24/7 for like 8 months now location maiduguri
How is that your lunatic Uncle Shekau doing? grin
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by JimD(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2020
Power has never been this bad in my area. 2 hrs per day is a good day...
Re: Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? by fjjc(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
Oyo town IBDC guys from manager to marketers are criminals, they steal IBDC money and hardly bring light. They need to be hung.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

We’ll Push And Push Until You Win, President Buhari Assures Okonjo-iweala / Femi Adesina: FG Not Interested In Naming, Shaming Terrorism Financiers / 28 People Died In 2023 Election But 800 In 2011: President-elect Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.