Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out (42426 Views)

Tinubu Directs Education Officials To Conduct Census Of All Schools, Teachers / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by SweetCunt97(f): 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:

She's one of the brain box in the school, she has other source of income aside from teaching because she studied economics. But I don't know what happened to that source as we don't talk that much.

I thought because she studied economics that's why she no care, I mean about Hawking
OK. It's well.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Iceyjayz: 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!
Fakeass
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by backbone503(m): 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
tutudesz:

Guy sell your phone simple, you be using phone, buying data and you claim to be hungry

Stop being stupid. If you can't help the guy; swerve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by greatbuc(m): 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
Qsand:
We're really sorry about the situation, but we will not put our children's lives at risk.
did they ask you to bring your child to school? They are asking for palliatives and you are talking in the .. Did I tell corona to come to Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by tutudesz: 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
backbone503:

Stop being stupid. If you can't help the guy; swerve.
Who is stupid among 3 of us here? The guy who has a phone and can afford data? Or the guy who advices him to sell his phone to feed and take care of his financial obligations or The fool is advising him to continue begging online?

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Blackdeewhy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
This lock down is totally not working. I have teachers as friend and they've resulted to home lesson of 10 and above children in a room.
If teachers are doing this home lesson at home then why not kuku open schools and put measures in places?
Clueless bubu!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by tutudesz: 9:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
Emma1Oj:
biko jus kip shut u r not too sensible.
Sensible undecided Selling my property to feed or begging online which is sensible? How you aware most of them begging are scammer?
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by DeBish1818: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nonsense. You children had better not go to school forever. We are talking about private teachers being affected how does it concern your child going to school.
Rubbishes everywhere
Qsand:
We're really sorry about the situation, but we will not put our children's lives at risk.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mechanics(m): 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Eyah, I can feel their plight, I hope FG intervenes on their behalf.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by misye9: 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
misye9
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by emmavictory: 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
It is well. The government should try to see how to assist them with palliative because we can't risk our children's lives by Sending them to school at this time.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Temysteve(m): 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
vixpal:
Safety of children life is at stake here. No reasonable parent will want to risk the life of their children.
so those private sch teacher don't have children abi, they should die of hunger?? Berra kept quiet if u don't know what to say

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by RhemaDavids(f): 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
kunlef1:

As a proprietor, is there any reason why you are not organising online classes for your students like many other private schools? I think you can make a little money through this, and also create a source of income for other teachers.

I also believe that individual teachers can also offer online classes to their students at home, especially those preparing for common entrance, JSSCE and WAEC/NECO. Even after COVID19, this can be a source of extra income for teachers. If funding for laptop, data, etc. is the issue, I think that is what teachers should ask for help for, and maybe use gofundme platform.

Asking for help just to feed is not really sustainable.
please I did not say I am asking for help to feed, and I didn't say I was not into online class, every school, every state and every parents have their own peculiarities, you don't know the kind of school I run, even with the home lesson that I organize now, it is still not enough for my teachers, most of my parents are average parents that are not I.T inclined, and have refused to pay for online class even the little we do we do for free, and the one's we have is not enough, the government needs to do something for the private school owners and teachers Asap

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Temysteve(m): 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
vixpal:

Nobody will allow outsider inside his house during this period
Pls don't generalized anything here, the kids av been taken for the past 2 months are strangers and we all fine and doing good. Do want to get 5 teachers for the kids ni??
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Temysteve(m): 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2020
candyguyofficia:

I don't know about your side. However parent have adopted private class for their kids
don't mind him talking gibberish...
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Aparche(f): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
tutudesz:

Sensible undecided Selling my property to feed or begging online which is sensible? How you aware most of them begging are scammer?

So you want him to sell his phone before he can eat? If he does that, how will he communicate or even get information about any job opportunity. OK, after selling the phone probably at a giveaway price & eating all the money, what next? He should then proceed to sell his clothes abi? undecided
In situations like this, if you don't want to give, just wakapass instead of making some comments that are not helpful.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Iamdboss: 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
I fall into this category but just switched to something else.....
There's nothing the government can do to help; too much corruption in the land.

To my fellow private school teachers, pls find something to do to hold body and soul together.. It will soon be over.
You can try:
Private lessons
Data reselling
Photography (U can easily learn this)

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by kennyz247(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!
guy talk brain na,with coronavirus issue everywhere,can u risk your child for a private lesson?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by backbone503(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
tutudesz:

Who is stupid among 3 of us here? The guy who has a phone and can afford data? Or the guy who advices him to sell his phone to feed and take care of his financial obligations or The fool is advising him to continue begging online?

Shove your advise up your ass. Like I said, if you can't help the guy, just swerve. Don't quote me again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Razacares: 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
it hasn't been easy but I do online mathematics class for jss and ss students...I also do special class for student preparing for BECE ,WAEC and other external examinations... below are the links to watch some of my video on YouTube... I treat topics suchlike as simple algebra,variation, binary numbers in junior secondary and indices,logarithm, quadratic and sequence in senior secondary
my whatapps no 08085936931
my account no for appreciation
gtb
Yussuf Rasaq Oladimeji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI6M7QPKc4I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nWJbeolt0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTNLYbrboU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxHPBJW7azo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxHPBJW7azo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTgc3lCbsn0

my whatapps no 08085936931

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by micflo28(m): 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
This is the period to make money from home lessons, produce educational materials and sell or post onlines for sales, write books for publications and sales.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ogwoliun: 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
ogwoliun:
If you know how food is important to humans, please help me with the little you can (even if it is N500). I am a private school teacher and things has been difficult for me.
Account number: 2026148928
Account name: O. B. Emmanuel
Bank: UBA
I just received Alert of 1k now from Ayorinde Felix, may almighty God bless you real good. This 1k will go along way. Thanks once again, I appreciate!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by tutudesz: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
backbone503:

Shove your advise up your ass. Like I said, if you can't help the guy, just swerve. Don't quote me again.
Mr helper why not send him money now!
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by vickydevoka(m): 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
hstar:

What is the meaning of this?
U should enter street

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
Qsand:
Which risk?Them tell you say coro dey here?
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by doctorexcel: 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
RhemaDavids:
please I did not say I am asking for help to feed, and I didn't say I was not into online class, every school, every state and every parents have their own peculiarities, you don't know the kind of school I run, even with the home lesson that I organize now, it is still not enough for my teachers, most of my parents are average parents that are not I.T inclined, and have refused to pay for online class even the little we do we do for free, and the one's we have is not enough, the government needs to do something for the private school owners and teachers Asap

people who are not into running of school will not really know what it takes to be a proprietor. Am one and i really know what it takes to have several teachers (families) depending on you for their livelihood. Which part of the country is your school located? Share the peculiarity of your area with us.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by zik4ever: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2020
If you are a professional teacher resident in Abuja, preferably around Karu site, Nyanya or Jikwoyi axis and can do home lesson for Basic 9 (JSS 3) Basic Science, Basic Technology or Mathematics, please reach me ASAP.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Patiks: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
ofiko123:
Let the private school teachers look for other jobs..

They should look for the nonexistent jobs? Who told you they have not been searching? Na so una go just open mouth dey talk.

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by reservd(m): 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2020
toyinjimoh:
I hate teaching in private school I don't know why, they will use you and dump you with poor salary
That's if you plan to die there, i taught for years in 3 different private schs before getting a govt job, the teaching experience upgraded my entry point
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Armypolicecults: 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2020

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by reservd(m): 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
Joycekkh:
Its understandable, I really feel for them. But they can also do home lessons for kids. The ones here do home lessons and collect their money.
Home lesson for all subjects? Not all teachers teaches maths eng, and science subjects

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sexually Transmitted Degrees : 7 Things You Should Know / My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) / Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.