Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP (2400 Views)

Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP / Lagos APC Doubts Ambode’s Loyalty As Commissioner Joins PDP / "What We Will Do If Saraki Joins PDP" – Abdullahi Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by skimena: 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
NEWSFLASH! Governor Obaseki joins PDP, obtains membership card

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has joined the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He has just collected his membership card at Ward 4, Oredo Local Government.

Governors Mandate gathers that the governor is moving into the PDP with all the 18 Local Government Chairmen in Edo State together with 12 lawmakers in the State Assembly.

Also, Governors of the PDP are billed to visit him this weekend

Details soon.

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
I talk am grin. I wouldn't doubt if it's true, I became more suspicious when he said he wouldn't challenge the decision of the party disqualifying him from running under the party.

Now, test your popularity among your people. Shebi the northern governor don talk am dis week say edo is technically a PDP state. Good luck to all the contestants.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by tksina(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Expected
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
He will still fail

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by asobo: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Congratulations to him. I love his bravery. PDP is now in a poll position to win Edo state.

PDP= Power to the people

#NoToGodFatherism

3 Likes

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nnfupdates: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Good for him
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by skimena: 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Apc
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:
He will still fail
How did you know?
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
cucumbae:
How did you know?

Am am the best politic analyst here
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Make we dey watch.
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by slivertongue: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
fairfora:
I talk am grin. I wouldn't doubt if it's true, I became more suspicious when he said he wouldn't challenge the decision of the party disqualifying him from running under the party.

Now, test your popularity among your people. Shebi the northern governor don talk am dis week say edo is technically a PDP state. Good luck to all the contestants.

I don't know his chances but I suspected him when he vistef PDP stalwarts in and outside the state some times ago
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by slivertongue: 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

shoo. !!! go to bed

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 10:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
slivertongue:

shoo. !!! go to bed

If you are feeling sleepy,please waka
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
cucumbae:
Make we dey watch.

We arw already watching.am among the first that clearly said that he will be disq during screening
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by slivertongue: 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

If you are feeling sleepy,please waka
.go to sleep and stop bragging ko
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by seanfer(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

We arw already watching.am among the first that clearly said that he will be disq during screening

PDP is yet to accept him.. He will contest under another party.

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by ybalogs(m): 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Picture or I don't believe this.
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by SouthNigerian: 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
If true, shame on Ambode.
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
seanfer:

PDP is yet to accept him.. He will contest under another party.

Many will not even decamp with him
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 12, 2020
slivertongue:

.go to sleep and stop bragging ko

Up buhari
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by slivertongue: 11:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Up buhari
hahahaha
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Heavensent01(m): 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
expected

he has nothing to lose. if he wins he will end godfather in Edo state and if lose his political reputation becomes history

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Heavensent01(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
SouthNigerian:
If true, shame on Ambode.

Jimi Agbaje is not mate with Ambode in political weight but yet he was humble in all elections. if not for Tinubu, Ambode wouldn't have measure up with Jimi Agbaje

you know nothing about politics. let Obaseki inaugurate the rest of the lawmakers if they won't impeach him within 24hrs

4 Likes

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by seanfer(m): 11:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Many will not even decamp with him

I said it 2 days Ago here that majority of his aides, House Members and Party excos will not go with him.... Shuaibu is the biggest loser because He was scheming to succeed Obaseki but now they will leave unceremoniously.

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by senatordave1(m): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
seanfer:

I said it 2 days Ago here that majority of his aides, House Members and Party excos will not go with him.... Shuaibu is the biggest loser because He was scheming to succeed Obaseki but now they will leave unceremoniously.

From the state party chair comments,he won't follow obaseki
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by seanfer(m): 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

From the state party chair comments,he won't follow obaseki

Not only the Party Chairman almost all the Exco in his faction will stay put in APC.. Once he decamp to another party they will all go and beg Oshiomhole. Obaseki didn't learn the roots of politics before he starts claiming political big boy.

4 Likes

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by SarkinYarki: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:
He will still fail

He will only fail if Oshiomole employs osun voter filtering and voter intimidation using Federal might which is very likely but if Obaseki studies the voter filtering well and finds out how to neutralise it he will sail through
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by seanfer(m): 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
SarkinYarki:

He will only fail if Oshiomole employs osun voter filtering and voter intimidation using Federal might which is very likely but if Obaseki studies the voter filtering well and finds out how to neutralise it he will sail through

You don't know that Obaseki is alone in this case.. Those Party excos supporting him will not decamp with him... They will rather beg Oshiomhole to retain their position in APC than follow Obaseki to another party and become just a party member.

2 Likes

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by PIMPAR: 11:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Obaseki and Oyegun have no electoral values in Edo state

In the 2016 Edo Governorship election that brought Obaseki to office, he (Obaseki) lost to the PDP’s candidate (Pastor Ize Iyamu) in his Ward, Local Government Area and Senatorial district.
The then National Chairman of the APC (Chief Oyegun) also lost woefully to PDP in his polling unit, Ward, Local Government and Senatorial district.
In fact, it was the massive votes that H. E., Comrade Adams Oshiomole turned out from his Edo North Senatorial district that made Godwin Obaseki to win the 2016 Edo Governorship election.
Therefore, before we begin overate a looser, let’s go back to our archives and do a SWOT analysis of the situation then and now, vis-a-vis the major characters. This, I am sure is what the PDP will be doing over this weekend.

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by drskyfly007(m): 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
senatordave1:

abeg go sleep joor

1 Like

Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by waziri4biz: 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
seanfer:

Oshiomhole did not clear him to contest because he was sure obaseki would have won in the so called direct primaries and guess how they knew this..
They tried making local government and ward executives of the state to dump obaseki but they all kept refusing which is why they made sure he doesn't even participate in the primaries
Re: Newsflash: Governor Obaseki Joins PDP by Throwback: 11:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
PIMPAR:

Obaseki and Oyegun have no electoral values in Edo state

In the 2016 Edo Governorship election that brought Obaseki to office, he (Obaseki) lost to the PDP’s candidate (Pastor Ize Iyamu) in his Ward, Local Government Area and Senatorial district.
The then National Chairman of the APC (Chief Oyegun) also lost woefully to PDP in his polling unit, Ward, Local Government and Senatorial district.
In fact, it was the massive votes that H. E., Comrade Adams Oshiomole turned out from his Edo North Senatorial district that made Godwin Obaseki to win the 2016 Edo Governorship election.
Therefore, before we begin overate a looser, let’s go back to our archives and do a SWOT analysis of the situation then and now, vis-a-vis the major characters. This, I am sure is what the PDP will be doing over this weekend.

Very smart submission ridden with facts and devoid of emotion.

1 Like

(1) (2)

Kiki Osinbajo: Why Do We Love Lies? / Video: Naval Officers Celebrate The Sack Of Their Boss, Th Chief Of Naval Staff. / Sunday Igboho Blasts Oluwo Of Iwo Calls Him 'omo Ale Oba'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.