Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President (22139 Views)

Abiola's Family Slams David Hundeyin, Calls Him A Fake News Peddler / Late Mko Abiola's Family Visit Tinubu(photos) / Abiola’s Family Writes Buhari Over GCFR Award, June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by mechanics(m): 11:48am On Jun 13, 2020
I thought he left some properties behind, then why are they suffering now?
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by paix(m): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
Recognise Abiola as president from what year to year?
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
Is like this June 12 will be cancelled out of Nigerias calender because it is giving the family of the late MKO to raise one issue or the other. After this June is over you will never hear them again, they will go into oblivion until next year June

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by alexola20(m): 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by petitejolie(f): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
He wasn’t sworn in. This is enough. Should we give u the whole of Nigeria. Oliver twist

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Op80: 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Hand over the CBN to the abiola family.

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by petitejolie(f): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
mechanics:
I thought he left some properties behind, then why are they suffering now?
don’t mind dem jare

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by oxiide22(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2020
Tissaia:
IPOB this is Nigeria issue pls don't derail the thread
slm kindawo abuja kuwa?
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by igbowoman: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2020
What a foolish request

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Phyde: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2020
Adonko:
No beef..this is the simple truth. You were not sworn in,in any nations of the world it takes swearing in to be a president of that nation and that did not happen to Abiola.

The FG have already declared a day for you guyz and tagged it as Democracy day, even though we know the actual Democracy day is May 29, so pls don't push it.

If you are given a hand shake don't take an arm shake.

That's how you guyz will wake up tomorrow and say Nigeria/Nigerians should just install his son as the president without election as a way to honour Abiola ..imagine who does that, enough of Abiola issue is high time we face important issues bothering the living.
Perfect comment grin their wahala too much.

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Amudeneogu: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
It is not possible to declare Abiola Ex-president because the final result was not announced because the collection of the results was not completed

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
president my ass

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by SavageMaster: 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
jarawa:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/family-urges-fg-to-recognize-abiola-as-ex-president.html

He was never sworn in.
He never ruled Nigeria, not even for a day.
He cannot be recognised as an ex-President.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
Give a leper an handshake,he will ask for a hug.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by peacesampson(f): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
Well said
Adonko:
No beef..this is the simple truth. You were not sworn in,in any nations of the world it takes swearing in to be a president of that nation and that did not happen to Abiola.

The FG have already declared a day for you guyz and tagged it as Democracy day, even though we know the actual Democracy day is May 29, so pls don't push it.

That's how you guyz will wake up tomorrow and say Nigeria/Nigerians should just install his son as the president without election as a way to honour Abiola ..imagine who does that, enough of Abiola issue is high time we face important issues bothering the living.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by mechanics(m): 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
petitejolie:
don’t mind dem jare
okay o.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by MrMacinterchi1: 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Xda59:

I tire for the lazy family o
It's getting really annoying. make them go and rest.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by theowane: 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
HornyTave:
Last time I checked, The federal government is not a charity organisation.
He might have won the election but he wasn't sworn in, meaning he wasn't a president.
you don talk am finish. Gbam!!!
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Goke7: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2020
He was not sworn it so that cannot happen. Nigerian presidency is not a tea party.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by tomju(m): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2020
I Totally agree. I didn't think it through that line.
doncheks:

Let me ask you. Who are the Beneficiaries of this compensation, his family right?

Now you see, a call to public service is a call to serve. Public servants were know to live modest lives after service.
But in our time, it has become an opportunity to enrich oneself and amass stupendous wealth.
If Abiola won the election and was not declared Winner, the real losers are the masses who were robbed of their vote and not his family. The same thing is going on today in the form of rigged elections.
Who will compensate all the victims of rigged elections
Who will compensate all those who innocently lost their lives in senseless boko haram killings because the state was unable to provide security.
Who will compensate the millions of youths who are jobless today because the money that was allocated for economic growth was stolen by those that hijacked their votes.
Who will compensate the unborn children that will suffer hardship because of the greediness of their ancestors.

The best thing our leaders can do to compensate us is to right the wrongs:

Govern us well.
Give us the opportunity to pick our leaders.

Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by ChristyB(f): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
E BE LIKE SAY "DEMOCRACY DAY" NO DO UNA..
WE CAN ACTUALLY GO BACK TO MAY 29TH

1 Like

Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by adekool2015: 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
Adonko:

enough of all this abiola this abiola that we have other things to worry about, if they are hungry every Nigerian too are hungry, enough of this fine bara. abeg
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by Nanavati(m): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
is the federal government now charity organisation?
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by stevSKY(m): 11:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
But come to think of it ... what about the others political office holders that were sworn into office The likes of Senate and House of Reps members then.... This people were just pushed out of office after spending thier hard earned money to campagne and won elections.

They were sworn into office... I am saying this because i was there in the National theater when my Dad and others were sworn in by IBB into the Senate and HoR.

They were desolved by Abacha pushed out of office without any compasation what so ever .... these people to have families and things had not been the same for most of the families ever since then.

Just like my late dad, some others have lost thier lives and thier families living from hand to mouth. These are the people the FG need to look into and restore the the mandate of the ex office holders by paying all entitilement deserved to them during the period they were meant to have stayed in the office.

We need to address certain issues with serious sincerity's.... Just look at Enerst shonekan whom was just given the opportunity to hold on to the presidency seat for just some few months (not even an elected into power but assigned) was given every entitilement of an ex president. So why not look into the case of those voted into power by the people for the people.

We need to get things right for once in this country.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by rosalieene(f): 9:22am On Jun 14, 2020
This Family sef, I see them to be so ungrateful. They always want more. Democracy day was shifted to June 12, this alone is a very big deal. Places are named in honour of MKO. very soon, they will say Nigeria should be changed to MKO or Abiola country.
Re: Abiola's Family Urges FG To Recognize Him As Ex-President by DedeNkem: 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abiola was never inaugurated and never became President!

So someone should tell his family that it is absolutely not possible!

The "Democracy day" was created in his honor, so it is enough!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu / Reno Omokri: Christianity Is Endangered Under The APC / Rivers Rerun : Commissioner Of Police Has Withdrawn My Security –Governor Wike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.