Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail (19964 Views)

FG Allocates ₦‎15 Bilion For Repairs Of Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos / FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by ruggedtimi(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2020
Amaechi oh... grin
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by ruggedtimi(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2020
Factfinder1:
Over 60% of it will be looted
90% of it..
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by crossfm: 9:12am On Jun 13, 2020
[quote author=seedsower post=90613047][/quote]lol.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 13, 2020
seunmsg:

That is the job of the president. If he doesn’t approve, who will?

Infrastructure wise, Buhari is the best president since 1999. By 2023, Nigeria’s railway transportation would have been completely revitalized. Well done Mr. President.
If you say from 1993, i agree completely...
Obasanjo and GEJ really wasted our time and resources.
and with a minister such as Amaechi we are on the right track in terms of infrastructure.
Security-poor
Corruption-very poor
Power-poor.
in the three areas above, Buhari has performed poorly.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Fariq: 9:26am On Jun 13, 2020
Cc: Rikidony

Is this also pure lies?
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by eneyoduke(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2020
CCECC will just finish Nigeria
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Fariq: 9:29am On Jun 13, 2020
Kay25:

tell me how many they have commissioned?lagos-ibadan was not started,2nd Niger bridge was not started,even the rail wasn't started by this administration can u tell me the new project they did start and it's completed?

Lagos ibadan rail construction start with this administration.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Fariq: 9:31am On Jun 13, 2020
HeadShot:

Buhari is a bigot
All he cares about is to connect the sea to the north.. That he just did
So the lagos ibadan yoruba people were celebrating is just a hoax... It was lagos to kano through ibadan in their plan...

Buhari is an tribalist... NNPc cannot renovate any refinery but they can build billions of naira hospital in kastina

May God secure your household the way Buhari secures the country...

It wasn't Buhari's plan rather Obasanjo. Buhari is only putting words into action.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by shigoawesu(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2020
Redoil:
always approving on paper and audio

this same buhari cancelled marina to ikorodu to marina rail jankande era

yet Yoruba people voted massively for him

Yoruba people I hail una I raise yansh for una
una too get sense

Audio like the one they test running in Lagos to Ibadan and Ajaokuta in Lokoja to Itakpe rigt.
Don't let hatred blind you to good things, if you see something good say. You don't have to be negative always

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by EgunMogaji2: 9:33am On Jun 13, 2020
This is a wonderful news to wake up to.

For us on the Lagos/Ibadan line this is testament that Buhari is confident in the Chinese performance and delivery.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by EgunMogaji2: 9:37am On Jun 13, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The rail project is on going

Thousands of people are employed, which is one of the reasons I voted for him.

However, his resounding failures in the aspect of Security and Economy can not be excused.

I'm with you on that.

I'm hoping Baba will wake up one day and do the needful as I know that he can.

Baba, while President of Nigeria, personally led his men to war against the Maitatsine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Yankee101: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2020
Who actually approved it? Cos I don't think buhari is running anything
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Umuazala: 9:55am On Jun 13, 2020
jarawa:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-approves-n123bn-for-ibadan-kano-rail.html

Pls why is it difficult to cite a rail in southeastern part of this go Christ sake. Its either west or north.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by cryptotech: 10:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Umuazala:

Pls why is it difficult to cite a rail in southeastern part of this go Christ sake. Its either west or north.

when they want Biafra, they want president in the other hand, and they foolishly under develop their region by them self by keeping their investment in the north or west... because of envy among them self and lack of cooperation.

A peaceful environment attract investment, not an environment agitating for war or violence.
the south eastern state can come together to change the narrative, jus like the west..
you will Neva been taken serious until u take urself serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by juman(m): 10:10am On Jun 13, 2020
I dont believe the news.
Their government lie too much.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Kay25(m): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2020
Fariq:

Lagos ibadan rail construction start with this administration.
are u sure?go and fact check it did has started way long since second democratic Republic started..
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Kennydoc(m): 10:39am On Jun 13, 2020
seunmsg:

Infrastructure wise, Buhari is the best president since 1999. By 2023, Nigeria’s railway transportation would have been completely revitalized. Well done Mr. President.

What kind of useless statement is that? By 2023 (which is only 3 years away), there will only be Abuja to Kaduna, Lagos to Ibadan and Itakpe to Warri standard gauge lines completed. This Ibadan to Kano will still be under construction. Out of these 3, Buhari built only Ibadan to Lagos line. Itakpe to Warri had been completed for over 20 years but the stations were not built. Jonathan also completed Kaduna to Abuja lines, and even the stations that were completed under Buhari were fully paid for by Jonathan's government.
So having a standard gauge line from Abuja to Kaduna, Lagos to Kano and Itakpe to Warri means that Nigeria's railway transportation has been completely revitalised? Have you heard of Port Harcourt to Maiduguri rail line?
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by chukwumzurum(m): 10:45am On Jun 13, 2020
When will buhari fix th eastern railway...
It seems we're the only part neglected in this o....
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by badonkadonk: 10:55am On Jun 13, 2020
seunmsg:

You make me laugh. 2023 ko?

Do you know how long they have been on Lagos to Ibadan express way?
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by seanjy4konji: 10:57am On Jun 13, 2020
Dem never finish Lagos ibadan
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Rikidony(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2020
Fariq:
Cc: Rikidony

Is this also pure lies?
But you said its gonna be Kaduna to Kano undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by pquaver(m): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Do u know this distance between Lagos and Calabar, and the line will pass through all Niger Delta state b4 getting to Lagos.
Did u see the time it took them to build lagos to ibadan?
This govt cannot build lagos to Calabar in 3yrs. That's just the truth.

But Abaribe, Ekweremmadu and ndiigbo hailed Saraki when he refused to include these projects in the budget.. Now Saraki state is connected via ibadan - kano rail but ndiigbo lagos-calabar is still on paper.. Who is fooling who? Igbo an is his own worst enemy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by pquaver(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2020
chukwumzurum:
When will buhari fix th eastern railway...
It seems we're the only part neglected in this o....

Nwanne gi buru buhari e ga eme ihe obula na Alaigbo? Nga e ma kwa na ndi a kporo gi ashi. Nwanne eziokwu ka mu kwuru. ndiigbo kwesiri ele o nwe ha ezigbo anya na mkpuru obi. O buru mu na gi anyi ga eme kwa ndi kporo anyi ashi karia ihe buhari na eme.. O nwediri obi ebere sef..
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Kfed4ril(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The rail project is on going

Thousands of people are employed, which is one of the reasons I voted for him.

However, his resounding failures in the aspect of Security and Economy can not be excused.

Oga stop hyping him
I entered a train ride in December 2015 from Ibadan to Niger state. Is that also Buhari’s handwork bearing in mind that he was only less than 6months in office as at then.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Iamgrey5(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Oga stop hyping him
I entered a train ride in December 2015 from Ibadan to Niger state. Is that also Buhari’s handwork bearing in mind that he was only less than 6months in office as at then.
Which Train?

We have Dual carriage and Single carriage

The single carriage is the old one the British left behind for us that you used in 2015

The dual carriage aka standard gauge track laying started in 2016 and took a different route to the single carriage.

So far it only terminates at Moniya in ibadan from the port of Lagos (156km)

Next stage is ibadan to Ilorin (200km).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by pasol4real(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
seunmsg:

You are a bloody liar
He has not done a quarter of what Jonathan did
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by itoba4real(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
pls they should try and complete the project.so we identify them with the rail.the next govt should focus on another sector
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by seunmsg(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
pasol4real:

You are a bloody liar
He has not done a quarter of what Jonathan did

Can you list Jonathan’ Infrastructural achievements?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by danfourtson(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
I beg make e start sharp sharp
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by 989900: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
Kay25:

[s]tell me how many they have commissioned?lagos-ibadan was not started,2nd Niger bridge was not started,even the rail wasn't started by this administration can u tell me the new project they did start and it's completed[/s]?
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Abohboy: 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
Umuazala:

The plan is to start the rail from Port Harcourt-Maiduguri which will go through Enugu, Ana etc by 2023. So before he leaves he wants to start the project.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moses Thomas Sule, Plateau Assembly Speaker, Deputy Resign / Grace Ibru Dies At 77 / Atiku Congratulates Super Eagles As They Qualify For Quarter-finals AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.