Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail (19963 Views)

FG Allocates ₦‎15 Bilion For Repairs Of Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos / FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nairalandmonika: 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
seunmsg:

That’s your opinion. What is more important is for the government to start the project and pay for it fully just like Lagos-Ibadan and Ibadan-Kano.
I don't know how true that is. That the project has been paid for, but I know it has not started.
GEJ started and Paid for the second Niger bridge but buhari takes all the credit. So don't expect us to celebrate buhari for a project has has not even started.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by COMPAQ(m): 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
jarawa:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-approves-n123bn-for-ibadan-kano-rail.html

Interesting! This makes a lot of sense to me and gives me some comfort. This is how to do project finance! Use the profits to pay the loan.

That's why I don't know why we continue to struggle for funding for our key infrastructure. If we use proper project financing it will be strsigforward. For eg take a project specific loan for Lagos Ibadan expressway and 2nd Niger Bridge, toll both of them and let a proper company manage it and be using the toll to pay back the loan. That way govt normal revenues can be used for other things.

We will all be shocked that collecting N1000 toll on Lagos Ibadan expressway will pay back a $1bln loan in 5 years with the level of usage of that road.

It's just lack of discipline and creativity from government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nairalandmonika: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
2loadedguy:

Actually the rail is expected to pass through the sea to Calabar and not through states. But it's still impossible to complete it in 3 years though.
I actually read that passing through all Niger Delta State b4 getting to Lagos when it was being proposed.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by AMvanquish: 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2020
michlins:
He said when the service first started, the government was making a monthly loss of N46m but now generates between N109m to N110m monthly profit.

You see the part above, it's evidence that nothing sweet pass infrastructure. The government is generating income and the citizens are enjoying quality life at cheaper rates.

With more coaches and destinations, the profits can increase

They forgot to mention the Increased patronage of that service was due to the high rate of Kidnappings on the Kaduna - Abuja Highway...
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by seunmsg(m): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

I don't know how true that is. That the project has been paid for, but I know it has not started.
GEJ started and Paid for the second Niger bridge but buhari takes all the credit. So don't expect us to celebrate buhari for a project has has not even started.

GEJ did not pay for the second Niger bridge. He did not even award the contract before leaving office. Buhari awarded the contract for the project and has since been funding it gradually.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
Good development.

Rail networks are integral component of developed nations.

We hope in few years time every part of the country will be linked
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
seunmsg:

GEJ did not pay for the second Niger bridge. He did not even award the contract before leaving office. Buhari awarded the contract for the project and has since been funding it gradually.
Honestly i don't know where those folks get their "information" from.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by 9jaArea: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
mamaafrik:
Lagos-calabar nko,when is it starting,Ameachi home is home and home is the Hen that lays the golden egg.
Don't be fooled like Obasanjo and Goodluck,now they wished they had done more to the South because they can't live in the North.

I think financing for the coastal rail is part of the $22 billion loan that was recently approved.

If I'm not mistaking, Ameachi sometime this year said both the Lagos to Kano and Lagos to calabar will be constructed simultaneously.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Fariq: 4:46pm On Jun 13, 2020
Kay25:

are u sure?go and fact check it did has started way long since second democratic Republic started..

Very sure. Even the foundation lying was carried out but the acting president yemi osinbajo.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Fariq: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2020
Rikidony:

But you said its gonna be Kaduna to Kano undecided undecided undecided

It is still the same thing. From Kano to Ibadan. It will pass from Kano to kaduna, then kaduna to Abuja already exist. So it will be skipped, then from Abuja to Ibadan. Ibadan to Lagos is already in place. So in a summary the Lagos Kano rail has been achieve with this.

But what did you say? You said the next is Lagos to Calabar. Pure lies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Rikidony(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
Fariq:

It is still the same thing. From Kano to Ibadan. It will pass from Kano to kaduna, then kaduna to Abuja already exist. So it will be skipped, then from Abuja to Ibadan. Ibadan to Lagos is already in place. So in a summary the Lagos Kano rail has been achieve with this.

But what did you say? You said the next is Lagos to Calabar. Pure lies.
So for your mind nw you got it right undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Fariq: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
Rikidony:

So for your mind nw you got it right undecided undecided undecided

Cross your leg and watch. I will quote you later.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Elsadam(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nigeria shall be great again

Im not a fan og apc but they are doin better than that dubius party called pdp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Rikidony(m): 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2020
Fariq:

Cross your leg and watch. I will quote you later.
ok na no be naija we de
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by omokab: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
Redoil:
always approving on paper and audio

this same buhari cancelled marina to ikorodu to marina rail jankande era

yet Yoruba people voted massively for him

Yoruba people I hail una I raise yansh for una
una too get sense
keep your mouth shot if you don't have any good thing to say. All the rail project like ibadan-lagos, itakpe that have we fix were approving on papers too? I know you are part of lazy youth pmb is talking about

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nairalandmonika: 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
seunmsg:

That's a big fat lie

https://punchng.com/fg-releases-n33bn-for-second-niger-bridge-project/
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nairalandmonika: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
pineed:

Honestly i don't know where those folks get their "information" from.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by seunmsg(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

That's a big fat lie

You shared a link of 2018 showing that N33b had been released as at the time for the project to support your claim that Jonathan paid for the bridge. Is that suppose to be a joke or what? shocked

Oga, Jonathan left Aso rock since 2015. The contract for the main work of the second Niger bridge was awarded by Buhari in 2018. See the link below. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/just-in-fg-awards-n206bn-contract-for-main-work-of-second-niger-bridge/amp/

Jonathan only paid for the design and preparatory works for the bridge. He did not even award the contract for the main work not to talk of funding it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Guestlander: 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Complete fire, how many yrs now have they been building Lagos ibadan rail, remember they still have Lagos Calabar to build too. They never even start that one. They have just 3 yrs left. this one they are starting by August will not even be completed by 2023.

Lagos to Ibadan was started about 2 and a half years ago. It is almost completed now. I think only the stations are being completed now.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Kfed4ril(m): 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Which Train?

We have Dual carriage and Single carriage

The single carriage is the old one the British left behind for us that you used in 2015

The dual carriage aka standard gauge track laying started in 2016 and took a different route to the single carriage.

So far it only terminates at Moniya in ibadan from the port of Lagos (156km)

Next stage is ibadan to Ilorin (200km).

Go to the rail station at dugbe and board a train ride to minna Niger State.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Iamgrey5(m): 11:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Go to the rail station at dugbe and board a train ride to minna Niger State.
The new train has nothing to do with Dugbe sir

Moniya, Omi, Ologuneru are where the train stations are

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Fariq: 12:16am On Jun 14, 2020
Rikidony:

ok na no be naija we de

I hope this clears your doubts. You will heard it specifically from the honorable minister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH3H8_EkZHw
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Pataricatering(f): 3:21am On Jun 14, 2020
BuhariNaWah:
Dem don see enough money to loot this period.
In 10 years time we will not see RA not to talk of RAI or RAIL

This Buhari na wah sha!!!!!!!
even if ur riding on d train u still won’t see it !

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by NGpatriot: 3:43am On Jun 14, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Do u know this distance between Lagos and Calabar, and the line will pass through all Niger Delta state b4 getting to Lagos.
Did u see the time it took them to build lagos to ibadan?
This govt cannot build lagos to Calabar in 3yrs. That's just the truth.

Less than 3 years, construction started in 2017, fasted rail project in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by BigBashiru: 4:06am On Jun 14, 2020
PureGoldh:
If and only if Railways can be properly maintained across the states in Nigeria....E go make sense
All these things they are building will eventually break down within 20 years......due to poor maintenance
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by NGpatriot: 4:24am On Jun 14, 2020
BigBashiru:

All these things they are building will eventually break down within 20 years......due to poor maintenance

Apart from your negative and the cynical mentality, we expect Nigerian youths to migrate away from the poor maintenance culture in the future, but since even the youths and the leaders of tomorrow don't see poor maintenance culture 20 years from now, but I guess Nigerian youths and the leaders of tomorrow are useless leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by BigBashiru: 4:57am On Jun 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

Apart from your negative and the cynical mentality, we expect Nigerian youths to migrate away from the poor maintenance culture in the future, but since even the youths and the leaders of tomorrow don't see poor maintenance culture 20 years from now, but I guess Nigerian youths and the leaders of tomorrow are useless leaders of tomorrow.

The Chinese or whites must run it. Once they leave the whole thing will collapse within a few years....
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by NGpatriot: 5:25am On Jun 14, 2020
[s]
BigBashiru:

The Chinese or whites must run it. Once they leave the whole thing will collapse within a few years....
[/s]

Negative people don't progress in life, don't let negativity be your portion in life,

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by barcaboi(m): 5:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Redoil:
always approving on paper and audio

this same buhari cancelled marina to ikorodu to marina rail jankande era

yet Yoruba people voted massively for him

Yoruba people I hail una I raise yansh for una
una too get sense
And since 1985 no president or leader could reactivate it? Hear your gullible self speak

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nairalandmonika: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

Less than 3 years, construction started in 2017, fasted rail project in the history of Nigeria.

It's almost 3yr.
From just Lagos to ibadan.
And u are even saying it proudly, something that is suppose to take less than a yr.
Re: Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail by Nairalandmonika: 7:13am On Jun 14, 2020
Guestlander:

Lagos to Ibadan was started about 2 and a half years ago. It is almost completed now. I think only the stations are being completed now.
This is not even an argument, u n I know it's not possible to build the Lagos Calabar railway in 3yrs. This is Nigeria.

The Lagos to ibadan was how many kilometers sef. That rail was supposed to be completed in less than a yr.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bashir Magashi: Bandits Becoming A Nuisance, Nigerians Believe We're Incapable / President Buhari Receives Yahaya Bello (Photos) / Early Video And Pictures Labor Party Presidential Rally In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.