Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? (26534 Views)

Help! Please How Can I Recover My Fund From A Dealer In US / ♒ ♒ Recover Your Lost/Stolen Custom Duty Documents Here ♒ / I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Agent And A Car Dealer (apapa Tin Can) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Venerable612(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
chidi4sam:

Thank you very much.
But since I'm not in Nigeria, how do I go about this?

Please send me a PM... i may be able to assist with that.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 4:08am On Jun 15, 2020
humilitypays:
if you guys gave a car dealer car to sell and he sold it and didn't remit your money as agreed, my brother in Nigeria you cannot do him anything, Police, court will not get your money back, you will end up wasting your money and time, I speak from experience cos if u take it to court highest he will be jailed for 4 months and he will be out to scam more people.

That was my case. Gave a dealer 2 cars worth 9 million, he sold both and ate the money, closed his car shop....he did same to plenty other people. I arrested him, dragged him to court with evidence, he didn't deny, he promised to pay but couldn't pay and got jailed for 5 months, my money gone, wasted 2 million chasing wind.

The only way to recover money being owed to you in Nigeria is through Nigerian shrines if you have the mind, drag the person the shrine if you are not a strong Christian angry

Do not mislead people bro. There is alot you can do. Someone took somebody's money for bitcoin and disappeared.

We got his account opening file from the bank and traced him to his house. Only to discover the address the account holder have the bank is a fake address and the bank didn't do proper KYC.

You certainly don't wanna know how many persons have lost their job in that bank. We have imposed an industry wide search on the scam artist.

Blocked any account running on that BVN. Because there is a limit to what you can do bank wise if no BVN or peeper address verification right?

So the bank kinda compromised and we have sued the bank together with the scammers.

The bank and the scammers will pay in the civil suit, while the scammer will go to jail in the criminal suit. The bank is also pressing charges against him.

We have been unable to get him, but we have traced his properties to his village on the I.D card submitted in an account tied to his BVN. He is putting up a property in his village and we have taking temporary possession of that property by court order and the aged parents were made to watch over the property.

If you know what to do, you will always succeed. His lawyer and the bank are in talks with us for an out of court settlement. .

Another 4.4 m +350 damages will be recovered soon. And it's that simple.

I feel your pain. You should not waste 9m just like that. Put an APB on him and trace his properties. Commence a civil suit against him and lay ambush.

Also take over the properties you know. Must of these guys have mansions around, but will be doing as if they don't have a dime. I presently work with financial houses as professional Debt Recovery Agents with over 7 years experience and we have seen quite alot.

Don't give up. Help is always closer than you think.

Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 4:12am On Jun 15, 2020
A friend of mine got scammed of a huge amount of money(i cant put the price here) by someone who sells cars .So how do we go about it because the police has really eaten us deep and done nothing about it.

The guy who scammed him has not been online for a month now he just vanished, we visited the parents house and they said they dont know where their son is and the funny thing is that they didnt seem worried at all.

Don't track him. Some of that money should have gone into investment of some sort. Go after the investment and smoke him out. If the bank did compromise in anyway, sue the bank.

Get his statement from the bank. There is always a pattern with scam artist. They have perfected the pattern so much it's always on a repeat mode.

Pm if you need further advisement.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by humilitypays(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2020
litigator:

Do not mislead people bro. There is alot you can do. Someone took somebody's money for bitcoin and disappeared.

We got his account opening file from the bank and traced him to his house. Only to discover the address the account holder have the bank is a fake address and the bank didn't do proper KYC.

You certainly don't wanna know how many persons have lost their job in that bank. We have imposed an industry wide search on the scam artist.

Blocked any account running on that BVN. Because there is a limit to what you can do bank wise if no BVN or peeper address verification right?

So the bank kinda compromised and we have sued the bank together with the scammers.

The bank and the scammers will pay in the civil suit, while the scammer will go to jail in the criminal suit. The bank is also pressing charges against him.

We have been unable to get him, but we have traced his properties to his village on the I.D card submitted in an account tied to his BVN. He is putting up a property in his village and we have taking temporary possession of that property by court order and the aged parents were made to watch over the property.

If you know what to do, you will always succeed. His lawyer and the bank are in talks with us for an out of court settlement. .

Another 4.4 m +350 damages will be recovered soon. And it's that simple.

I feel your pain. You should not waste 9m just like that. Put an APB on him and trace his properties. Commence a civil suit against him and lay ambush.

Also take over the properties you know. Must of these guys have mansions around, but will be doing as if they don't have a dime. I presently work with financial houses as professional Debt Recovery Agents with over 7 years experience and we have seen quite alot.

Don't give up. Help is always closer than you think.

Shalom.
Thanks for this great information.

My case the dealer was arrested after spending so much to track him down via Police.

He didn't deny his offense, he said he was duped and that we should give him time to pay back. His wife left him cos of too many issues arising from too many people he also sold their cars and didn't remit their money like mine.

We did everything and realized he is truly broke and was squatting with a young lady now acting as his new wife. He had no single car again, no longer drives when we caught him.

IPO handling the case advised we move the case to court cos he can't continue to be under Police detention without any good news coming from him on how to pay back, so we moved the case to court at Lagos Island Obalende side.

Took like 2 years before he was finally convicted and he pleaded guilty. Was asked how he wants to repay, he said he will be paying 200k monthly till he finishes it. Did he keep to it No!

He paid only 2 times in 6 months. We went back to court, remember all these while he was at Ikoyi prison where he comes to court.

At the end, he was given jail term of 5 months I guess and my money gone cos he couldn't pay back after several agreement to pay as mandated by court.

We went to his village he doesn't have any meaningful house, only a small bungalow in one bush, I don't need that. His parents are late. Your case you guys seem lucky the culprit have visible properties you can lay hands on.

My point is, going to court or Police to recover money in Nigeria hardly yield positive fruit if the scammer maintains he's broke with no trace.

It's not about arresting the scammer, its about recovering your money after arresting him.

But thanks for the wonderful info shared

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 15, 2020
humilitypays:
Thanks for this great information.

My case the rdealer was arrested after spending so much to track him down via Police.

He didn't deny his offense, he said he was duped and that we should give him time to pay back. His wife left him cos of too many issues arising from too many people he also sold their cars and didn't remit their money like mine.

We did everything and realized he is truly broke and was squatting with a young lady now acting as his new wife. He had no single car again, no longer drives when we caught him.

IPO handling the case advised we move the case to court cos he can't continue to be under Police detention without any good news coming from him on how to pay back, so we moved the case to court at Lagos Island Obalende side.

Took like 2 years before he was finally convicted and he pleaded guilty. Was asked how he wants to repay, he said he will be paying 200k monthly till he finishes it. Did he keep to it No!

He paid only 2 times in 6 months. We went back to court, remember all these while he was at Ikoyi prison where he comes to court.

At the end, he was given jail term of 5 months I guess and my money gone cos he couldn't pay back after several agreement to pay as mandated by court.

We went to his village he doesn't have any meaningful house, only a small bungalow in one bush, I don't need that. His parents are late. Your case you guys seem lucky the culprit have visible properties you can lay hands on.

My point is, going to court or Police to recover money in Nigeria hardly yield positive fruit if the scammer maintains he's broke with no trace.

It's not about arresting the scammer, its about recovering your money after arresting him.

But thanks for the wonderful info shared

Wow! That's on the extreme low side. If it's not up to six years, keep tracking him.

He will come into funds. I still have a judgement I am executing 4 years after. Twice a year I cast my net in execution.

Caught 300k once and another 1.8m at another time. Still have 2.2 left. I am sure those were not his personal funds.

But what's is my own?

Civil judgment does not expire. But a case becomes statute barred if you don't do anything after 6years.

One of the bank ex-staff didn't get a job in like 4-5years. While we were sympathetic to his condition, we had our judgment.

In 2018, he got a job and we ran an execution. He came begging cos he is a family man. So we take 40% of his net salary every month.

My point is, police is good in cases as this that sometimes becomes an unfortunate situation. But civil suits are way better.

You just keep judgment and wait for him to rise again, since one does not stay down forever. His sun will shine again and I will be collecting my piece. grin

Shits happens in life. I quite sympathize with your condition. 10.6m gross nor be beans.

Some banks will litigate till Supreme Court for that sum.

There is one I am sending to jail on behalf of GTbank. I am still getting a judgement in civil court. Sum is about 36.4m.

I will be waiting for when they share his late dad's estate to swoop on him. He has practically nothing, and I almost agreed with him until I discovered he was lying.

He had long term secret investment that will mature in 2021 November. Bulk of the funds went into that.

The pattern seems to have become tailored to that of our politicians. Steal, go to jail, come back and become a bigger boy when the dust settles.

Once again, I empathize with you.

5 Likes

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by humilitypays(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2020
litigator:

Wow! That's on the extreme low side. If it's not up to six years, keep tracking him.

He will come into funds. I still have a judgement I am executing 4 years after. Twice a year I cast my net in execution.

Caught 300k once and another 1.8m at another time. Still have 2.2 left. I am sure those were not his personal funds.

But what's is my own?

Civil judgment does not expire. But a case becomes statute barred if you don't do anything after 6years.

One of the bank ex-staff didn't get a job in like 4-5years. While we were sympathetic to his condition, we had our judgment.

In 2018, he got a job and we ran an execution. He came begging cos he is a family man. So we take 40% of his net salary every month.

My point is, police is good in cases as this that sometimes becomes an unfortunate situation. But civil suits are way better.

You just keep judgment and wait for him to rise again, since one does not stay down forever. His sun will shine again and I will be collecting my piece. grin

Shits happens in life. I quite sympathize with your condition. 10.6m gross nor be beans.

There is one I am sending to jail on behalf of GTbank. I am still getting a judgement in civil court. Sum is about 36.4m.

I will be waiting for when they share his late dad's estate to swoop on him. He has practically nothing, and I almost agreed with him until I discovered he was lying.

He had long term secret investment that will mature in 2021 November. Bulk of the funds went into that.

The pattern seems to have become tailored to that of our politicians. Steal, go to jail, come back and become a bigger boy when the dust settles.

Wonderful information.....a great eye opener

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by wura2u: 8:03am On Jun 15, 2020
killfear:

First line won't fly, the new law; ACJA bars arresting a person for another's crime.
The last line is sure, : Consult a lawyer.

Tell that to Lai Mohamed in respect of the reporter''s wife he arrested in Ilorin when he went into hiding. The wife was only released when he showed up in the police station. This is Nigeria.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by cruz419(m): 7:47am On Jun 16, 2020
na jazz na him sure pass oo
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by jman77(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2020
@litigator my own case is just 20k compared to the millions you've been mentioning. The scammer claimed to deal on Forex and Agro- allied products, Bitcoin via telegram messenger app and defrauded me of the said amount above.

Please how can I recover my money and get him prosecuted.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by missjekyll: 12:33am On Jun 25, 2020
litigator:

But what's is my own?

Hi litigator, I have been trying to pm you but for some reason,I cant. Would you mind emailing me instead? Thank you for your time
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 25, 2020
missjekyll:

Hi litigator, I have been trying to pm you but for some reason,I cant. Would you mind emailing me instead? Thank you for your time

Okay. Drop your email on a dead thread. Good morning
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by jman77(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
litigator:

Okay. Drop your email on a dead thread. Good morning
please direct me on the step to take in obtaining a COURT ORDER.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
jman77:
please direct me on the step to take in obtaining a COURT ORDER.

Send a pm as I might require details that you might consider private to enable me advise your properly. I am certain you don't want to leave such private details on a public space as this.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by jman77(m): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
litigator:

Send a pm as I might require details that you might consider private to enable me advise your properly. I am certain you don't want to leave such private details on a public space as this.
you've got a mail. Sire
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 26, 2020
jman77:
you've got a mail. Sire

Replied.
Re: How Do We Recover Our Money From A Car Dealer? by fmarshal3: 1:13pm On Jul 28, 2020
sunshine1974:
Exactly how my colleague in the office paid for a 2006 Toyota Matrix and she was given a 2003. Very rough car. She shouted and shouted till she got tired and forgot about the matter. Never pay for anything upfront in nigeria especially huge sum of money. If u enter one chance, it is over, except may be you are a strong person yourself with connection in the army

get soldiers kidnap the papa and mama, after 2 weeks if pikin no show make i naked bath.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2012 Model Lexus Is250c Toks Convertible Full Option / 2019 Model Toyota Hilux Toks Fully Loaded V6 Engine / Photos From The Abeokuta Bikers Converge 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.