Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K (68440 Views)

I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? / ⚫⚫ Planning To Buy A Car❓Got The Car VIN/Chassis Number❓Run It With CarGuideNG! / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by jbbalarabe(m): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
Contact me for a Peugeot 206
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
@phal Since you don't want Toyota or Honda, go for any Mazda that's in your price range and has been checked by a good trust worthy mech.

It's not a popularly known fact, but Mazdas are second to Toyota, before Honda even. Google Mazda reliability. Definitely better than Nissan.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by timibare(m): 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
Bajaj or Honda
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Nokio1: 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Golf 3..easy to maintain,low fuel consumption,easy to get parts and mechanics

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Nickymichy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
For a starter like u... I will advice you to go for Honda...I will have suggested Toyota but DAT amount is too small....reason for Honda is that it is easy to maintain... Parts are cheap and available everywhere... For the bolt joint stuff...forget that...I used Honda for 2yrs plus...I never had d issue for one day...u know y...I listen to my car..one I notice any funny sound.. I take it for repair.. Most people having ds issue are care free people... Sometimes I drive without switching on my radio just to listen to d sound of d car...from there u can b able to know if ur car is faulty or not..so for the amount u said.. Honda is ur car man...

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by XtremelyCoded(m): 2:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?
I can't enter sure car oo

He didn't say he is buying it for you na Aunty Hushpuppi

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Jokkarm2: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
My brother respect your self and keep saving to 1.5m and buy a good toyota corolla that you will enjoy. if not that 500k car can make you sell una family land for village use dee work am. unlesss someone you know wants to help you and say, give me 500 and take this car, that way, na favour. but buying good car 500k is hard bro

4 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ur name already shows the kind of person u re....pig indeed
AFONJAPIG:
Gwagon 2021 model... Ewu ur 500k can't even buy 1999 Toyota Corolla

8 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Grupo(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
phal:
For me Toyota is over hyped and Honda ball joint issue is the reason why I'm not going to them, infact I prefer Hyundai/KIA to Honda/Toyota... By the way I have no probs upping my budget contrary to what u said..but other things are there for me to put money...thanks for ur contribution..I really appreciate

You are trying to buy your first car, meaning you have not used a Toyota before. Why are you then claiming that it is overhyped?

As far as Nigeria is concerned, Toyota is still the best. Add more money, get a Toyota and you won't regret it.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by timesup234: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
Oga go buy land 200k and use 300k do foundation. Keke napep is better than a 500k. Na drum of water be that

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by NaijadrivaCars: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
Heryormilekan:
Good afternoon OP,

To be honest with you, toyota is mostly the best option for you with your budget. The fact that is mostly used justifies it efficiency in Nigeria. Well, you can check on CARS45 website for different cars in budget. If you have problem navigating the website you can send mail.

Avoid this cars45. they have bad reputation.

Just go to jiji DAT com and check out cars in your city.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Baslyramond: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
Go for Honda Civic. The fuel economy is superb and it doesn't have ball joints problem like Accord

9 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by airex(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
Buy okiriCAR
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Grupo(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?

He's not buying it for you either.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by DimFemmy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2020
Pascalville:
Danfo grin
Tokunbo danfo is 1.8m-2m (injector) bro..
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by NaijadrivaCars: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
Mutemenot:
I have 402 and opel, open is direct belgium while I have used 402 for 4 months . I rarely use it as inhale other cars. Hint me if u want any

Do you EXHALE too

cc: grammarnazi1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for ur contribution, I really appreciate ur concern, FYI I have some landed property, as a matter of fact I will be moving to my personal house in few months
Sparro:

Shut up kidd. U have nothing reasonable to say. Telling others what you are told.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by miketayo(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
phal:
Car gurus in the house please kindly help me suggest which car would fit my budget,
I am actually planning to buy my first car as my family is growing big and moving from point A to B is becoming stressful for us, hence I decided to get a very good & sharp Nigerian used car with a budget of 500K max.

I want a car that is very durable, reliable, fuel efficient, cheap and accessible parts, meanwhile I don't want Toyota or Honda as they are too common on Nigerian roads & I also believe they re not the only best car options we can get. Though I am looking at Nissan Almera 2001, Nissan primera 2000 to 2002, VW Golf 3 and Mazda cars from 1999 to 2002 models.

Please kindly help me as I need your car expertise to decide which car to go for ASAP.

Thanking you in advance

Thanking

A car worth 500k is not worth it, u will end up spending more than 500k in few years and it still won't be in great shape.
Save 500k extra. With 1M u can get a decent car, if ur lucky u won't need to fix anything.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by eghevaare: 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
I have a mercedes Benz W202 model 1998 in good condition. Engine and gear are top notch and the body is follow come. Reach me if you are interested.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by 21cents: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?
have you ever made 100k yourself before in your life??

it's just a question. and if yes, you shouldn't have a problem buying yourself a 5million naira car instead of waiting for someone to buy so that you can enter.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Mutemenot(m): 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Do you EXHALE too

cc: grammarnazi1

Lol
Typo
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by miketayo(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Avoid this cars45. they have bad reputation.

Just go to jiji DAT com and check out cars in your city.

Really jiji over cars45 ?
U can't even get a genuine biscuit on jiji

5 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Ayt27(m): 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
OgunrinolA20:
NairalanderZ!!!

Shey motor #500k still dey Sha

Biko tell me more undecided

And @OP I'm not in position to tell you how to spend your money òöó,,, But I'd say you had better use the money to get a landed property that is if the money isn't really mend to get a "CAR" as you've stated, Coz a Car itself is a liability, and it gets to wreck in due time when there is no proper maintenance""""
God bless "U"

You gave him the best advice, either the Op buys a landed property or turn the 500k to at least 1.5M else he'd most likely be buying 500k worth of problem.

Owning a car is like having a gf and dog at the same time, you just gazzz take care of am nii.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by fyneboi79(m): 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
greggng:

I have golf3 ...still first body ...but u need to do body work to it test when you buy it...However I am disappointed in you...how can you leave behind Toyota, and Honda...don't you know that they are the king of cars when it comes to Nigeria. Just tell me your budget no reach I will understand ...
Guy park well! Which king of cars? How much beating can they take? Indomie...
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Ryocaj(m): 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?
Since u don dey find Rich guy u still broke.. U r not good looking enough for rich guys.. go n look for a good job.. Lazy Sl*t

7 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by urose93(f): 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2020
Throwback:

Nissan has electrical issues that turn off the engine while driving or refusing to start while off.

In fact, the steering can lock and drive you towards a direction that is not your choice.

It's a misinformation about Nissan vehicles. I own a Nissan sunny 1996 model for well over nine years now. The said vehicle's engine had not be opened before, they a/c is still as cool as a mortuary, no smoking, no shorting of oil. The only major repair in that vehicle I can remember is changing a power steering pump and routinely changing tires. I service the vehicle as a religion.
What is all this fuse about nissan vehicle mbók. Leave our Nissan for us. Even the big for nothing Camry I later upgraded to is as useless as it's name.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by officerfudo: 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
Broad, don't let anyone demoralise you, be patient ,get car expert you trust, with your half a million , you can get pencil light naija use, don't let anyone rush you. There are lot of good cars for your 500k.

8 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Ryocaj(m): 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2020
Guy.. u want waste d 500k..make u no go buy trouble.. chill till d money reach like 1.5m..
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by akinreals: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2020
My first car was kia, I nearly die, second one Volkswagen polo, that one better small but parts was not cheap, I joined Toyota and I am happy, infact, I service my car myself now, its rest of mind. Bro, just increase that budget and go for Toyota jejely to avoid story that touches. My 1 cent ooo

9 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thanks boss, Can my budget get me a very good Civic 2002?
emekatimsu:
Since this is your 1st car, I will suggest you go for Toyota. There are some common factors you look out for before buying a car. For a Toyota car, the mechanic and parts are readily available.

Your 500k can lead you to a Naija used ToYota Camry (pencil light) or a Toyota corolla (98/99) model.
Toyota been rampant isnt a sound reason not to opt for it. Honda is equally good but the problem you are probably going to face with a Honda of 500k is suspension related .
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by ehisforever24(m): 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Pls save up and buy a comfortable car, a car of 500k is not a car, a good car start from 1.5million. I have an old car in my compound which I don't drive.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by sicily4u: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
folarr:

Check amdman, or get a 2000 Nissan pathfinder

Which amdman does he have a car of 500k ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

National Truck Manufacturers LTD (NTM) Gidan Fiat In Pictures / Pricelist Of Tokunbo Cars In Lagos - March 2024 / Whatsapp or call Me For Any Tokunbo Car@Berger Auto Market Lagos(08096577304)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.