Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K - Autos (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K (68457 Views)

I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? / ⚫⚫ Planning To Buy A Car❓Got The Car VIN/Chassis Number❓Run It With CarGuideNG! / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by i124k(m): 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
phal:
Car gurus in the house please kindly help me suggest which car would fit my budget,
I am actually planning to buy my first car as my family is growing big and moving from point A to B is becoming stressful for us, hence I decided to get a very good & sharp Nigerian used car with a budget of 500K max.

I want a car that is very durable, reliable, fuel efficient, cheap and accessible parts, meanwhile I don't want Toyota or Honda as they are too common on Nigerian roads & I also believe they re not the only best car options we can get. Though I am looking at Nissan Almera 2001, Nissan primera 2000 to 2002, VW Golf 3 and Mazda cars from 1999 to 2002 models.

Please kindly help me as I need your car expertise to decide which car to go for ASAP.

Thanking you in advance

Thanking
goan buy donkey
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by EPIJOE: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
Danny4God:
am also interested in the EOD for that price. Am planning on getting one soon

LET ME KNOW IF U NEED ONE. EITHER DROP LIGHT OR EOD
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by klbakare(m): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
Dear O. P, i want to help you. Consider my advice one of the best you'll get here.

Since you are starter, never buy any expensive car for a start. Except you are really very rich. Am not sure you have driven very well before self. You will burn clutch and fall victim to high prices of part and repairs. And the more expensive your car, the more expensive its parts and repair billings.

For starters, i always advise volkswagen golf, in this your case, golf 3 will be the most appropriate car. Never buy golf 4 as advised by some people here.

You will find very neat, decent and very workable golf 3 that will travel anywhere in nigeria between 270 - 350k. Never buy any nigerian used volkswagen golf 3 for more than 350k.

Now golf 3 has very cheap parts and is very cheap to maintain. It has very low fuel consumption. And you can always love-vendor it to your taste to make you an average big boy.

To buy any fairly used vehicle, you need a very competent mechanic.
The twist about volkswagen is that "never take a mechanic that repair other brands especially toyota to go and inspect any volkswagen vehicle for a buy" they never know nothing or usually know little about volkswagen. They'll help waste your money. They will not be able to give you a good opinion about the car and its ideal worth against what the owner called it for you.

Since you have 500k to spare, if you buy a golf 3 from between 270k - 350. You'll have sufficient money to fix any fucking fault you might discover later. P:S be informed that there is no fairly used motor upon which you will not spend money to improve to your taste. Even tokunbo self you go spend small money. I have used an ample number of cars.

Now, if you have finally settled for volkswagen golf 3, you can reach out to me, i can give you my personal mechanic that i can vouch for to help you inspect cars and make a "buy" decision. Just give him money he will tell you all the truth about the vehicle. I repeat all the truth!

If you eventually want to settle for Toyota fairly used, don't settle for any less than 700k otherwise you are just buying problems except you dont mind corolla 01/02

I don't know much about nissan.

I have driven mazda 323 hatch back very very well. It moves well, portable and decent. But, i don't know much of the pros and cons. I never repaired it, i drove it for someone.

Enjoy yourself and pray to God for Goodluck on your car choice.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Danny4God(m): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
EPIJOE:

LET ME KNOW IF U NEED ONE. EITHER DROP LIGHT OR EOD
No problem bro
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by pek(m): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?
I can't enter sure such car oo
He is not buying it for you. Aproko.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Ykc2(m): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
Why Toyota is good in nigeria is when you wan to resale it na sharp sharp with good price,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by AmazingELixir: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
cheesy grin

Op with this your budget and the qualities you listed there

Especially where you stated a very good, durable and fuel efficient car...your best bet is to buy from someone that snatched it from the owner to sell at a give away...and woe betide you if police catch you because both you oo, the car oo and your freedom na bye_bye be that.

But seriously Op try save upto N1million you can get a car that will serve you better.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by NaijadrivaCars: 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
miketayo:

Really jiji over cars45 ?
U can't even get a genuine biscuit on jiji

Stories. I have bought and sold cars on jiji. They don't sell but connect buyers and sellers unlike cars45 that have been of bad repute (and they buy and sell).

4 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by OfficialSam(m): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
phal:
Really? Pls kindly enlighten me the more, I didn't want to join the bandwagon of Toyota/Honda,
please tell me more about the Nissan why u said is a No Go area... Thanks

Na only 500k you get, you dey shout up and down say you no wan Toyota. Why don't you try Ferrari? Guy, you can't even get a decent ride for that amount.

You go repair the car tire. My only advice is that you should raise your budget or open a shop with what you have. Shikena undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Onyi22(f): 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
pek:
He is not buying it for you. Aproko.
Lol
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thanks boss, u have done well with ur advise....I will keep u posted on my decision
EPIJOE:

DONT BUY A BABY BOY PLS. THE CAR GIVES ISSUES WHEN AGEING.

GO FOR A TOYOTA CAMRY 2000, OR 2001 WITH #550-#600K U WILL GET A CAR OF THAT PRICE WITHOUT ANY ISSUE. ACS WORKING PERFECTLY. AND SOUND ENGINE. AND THAT CAR IS SOO RUGGED THAT EVEN PEOPLE REFUSE TO PART WITH IT.

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Oddslordreal: 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?
I can't enter sure car oo

I understand your work
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by olajohnson5(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2020
Brand new Marwal is the best option..its far better than Nigeria used car of 500k . U will cruise it for a year plus before visiting mechanic workshop.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by VectorVee68(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
MATURELION:
best advice so far, mine is just sitting there I no d drive am and it has stirring ish sad, op you better save up more money and spend it on something better car is a depreciating asset no need for tokumbo unless it's urgent and you buy from someone you know

Exactly sir
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Throwback: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
urose93:

It's a misinformation about Nissan vehicles. I own a Nissan sunny 1996 model for well over nine years now. The said vehicle's engine had not be opened before, they a/c is still as cool as a mortuary, no smoking, no shorting of oil. The only major repair in that vehicle I can remember is changing a power steering pump and routinely changing tires. I service the vehicle as a religion.
What is all this fuse about nissan vehicle mbók. Leave our Nissan for us. Even the big for nothing Camry I later upgraded to is as useless as it's name.

Maybe your 1996 Sunny isn't too electrical oriented as the more recent productions of Nissan.

Most of the 2002 to 2014 Nissan cars have this electrical issue, and it is widely discussed in online reviews even in the USA.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by omoharry(f): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
timesup234:
Oga go buy land 200k and use 300k do foundation. Keke napep is better than a 500k. Na drum of water be that
Land for 200k?That land is definately in in bush and outside Lagos .

3 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for d contribution, pls which model of Honda can fit in my budget perfectly? and will it be reliable & sharp?
Nickymichy:
For a starter like u... I will advice you to go for Honda...I will have suggested Toyota but DAT amount is too small....reason for Honda is that it is easy to maintain... Parts are cheap and available everywhere... For the bolt joint stuff...forget that...I used Honda for 2yrs plus...I never had d issue for one day...u know y...I listen to my car..one I notice any funny sound.. I take it for repair.. Most people having ds issue are care free people... Sometimes I drive without switching on my radio just to listen to d sound of d car...from there u can b able to know if ur car is faulty or not..so for the amount u said.. Honda is ur car man...
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Sagay212: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
OgunrinolA20:
NairalanderZ!!!

Shey motor #500k still dey Sha

Biko tell me more undecided

And @OP I'm not in position to tell you how to spend your money òöó,,, But I'd say you had better use the money to get a landed property that is if the money isn't really mend to get a "CAR" as you've stated, Coz a Car itself is a liability, and it gets to wreck in due time when there is no proper maintenance""""
God bless "U"

Get out of here! Yen yen yen!
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by peculiar2021(m): 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
Op...my advice for you is to go for Toyota. It's good for Nigerian roads

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Vatod(m): 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
Car SA Madupe
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by timesup234: 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
omoharry:
Land for 200k?That land is definately in in bush and outside Lagos .
everywhere first be bush

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by EPIJOE: 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ayt27:

You gave him the best advice, either the Op buys a landed property or turn the 500k to at least 1.5M else he'd most likely be buying 500k worth of problem.

Owning a car is like having a gf and dog at the same time, you just gazzz take care of am nii.

DONT AGREE SIR,

CARS ARE NECESSITY IN SOME AREAS OR DOMAIN OR STATES, OR ELSE YOU WILL SUFFER EVEN WITH UR MONEY TO TRANSPORT YOUR SELF.

I ALWAYS HAVE SUCH MENTALITY THEN, BUT WHEN MY STORY CHANGED, I KNEW A CAR IS NECESSARY. EVEN IN A RENTED APARTMENT.

OP ITS YOUR CHOICE, JUST ENSURE U MEET THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO PUT THROUGH. WITH #500-#600K YOU WILL GET A BETTER CAR.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by phal: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for the advice.... FYI I will be moving to my house in few months!
timesup234:
Oga go buy land 200k and use 300k do foundation. Keke napep is better than a 500k. Na drum of water be that
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by apache22b: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
A friend of mine here & a neighbor too ,bought a 2003 Liberty Jeep @ 550k 4rm an Indian man in 1004 V/I , the car is still serving him till date ...

phal:
Thanks for u contribution...I really appreciate
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by abuuthmaan: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
Legitz:
Buy the one wey go pain dem The one wey go carry starlight Hit like if you understand grin
in Hush....'s voice

1 Like

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Soulsymbol99: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
Onyi22:
Chai!!!!
A car of 500k?
I can't enter sure car oo

I believe u mean "such" hw much car u dey drive abeg?sorry na enter u dey like enter,u no get undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
WINDSOW:
Go for 1912 Mercedes Benz. shocked shocked shocked
that a vintage car bro
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by donvicky2007: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
phal:
I know about amdman but I tot he deals in Tokunbo ride only.
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by Soulsymbol99: 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
phemmyfour:
Toyota pencil naija used

Good one,and maintenance will be moderate for him also as his first outing
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by miketayo(m): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

Stories. I have bought and sold cars on jiji. They don't sell but connect buyers and sellers unlike cars45 that have been of bad repute (and they buy and sell).

The seller's on jiji are the problem most times, it was good when they started, got a b-ball sneaker there.. but from around 2016 it's been crap, my friend got duped buying a fridge, I almost got duped too.
Too many fake seller and buyers
Re: I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K by lakeside79937: 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
Keke Maruwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

National Truck Manufacturers LTD (NTM) Gidan Fiat In Pictures / Pricelist Of Tokunbo Cars In Lagos - March 2024 / Whatsapp or call Me For Any Tokunbo Car@Berger Auto Market Lagos(08096577304)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.