Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? (5695 Views)

Is Apple Losing It & Falling From Her Throne? / Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? / From An Ignorant Novice To A Learner (still Learning) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Resees:

America will never let it happen instead they will go to war for it. Like i said Mac book and iphone is a freaking brand name like the whole world dies to have an apple products in there possession i say forget any issues they are having right now. The world will end before apple will ever go down...
America cant force ppl to purchase a device, when blackberry fell did they do anytin? Go to war ke? Na their money ah dey use buy am? Everybody died to use a blackberry then too, what makes apple special? The world will end? Remember empire rises and falls. Without innovation, destruction is inevitable. Lets see what happens in d next decade.

3 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
Like i thought u knw little or ntin abt tech. Ya probably part of d crew who purchases an iphone to be part of d crowd. This arguement is for tech literates sir. Have a nice day.
lol. Let me tell you something, there's actually nothing you can tell me about tech that I don't already know. All the little "techy innovations" Android OEM use to market their products are gimmicks that don't really matter to majority of users. I have used two android phones that have USB C I even have a redmi note 8 pro currently. I couldn't care less what port my phone has. The 18 watt charger plus lightening cable that followed my iPhone 11 pro is fast enough for me. I don't need 100 W charger. It doesn't mean anything to me and I'm sure it doesn't mean anything to 99% of the phone users.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
same with blackberry, used by everyone. When it comes to data leaks apple is as guilty as google. Make ur research, siri records every stuff u do wit ur iphones. They are both american companies dnt be deceived. And how do u knw huawei, sammy and xiaomi's boss use iphones perhaps are u related to dem? True of celebrities bt be sure of what u say before spewing nonsense.
Huawei boss said it himself that he use iPhone, Samsung, Oppo xiaomi official handles on Twitter do tweet from iPhones mistakenly.
Don't ever put iPhone on the same sentence as blackberry. Blackberry is the shittiest device that has ever graced the surface of this earth.
Foolish company that was known for only negative features like worse battery life in any smartphone, longest boot up time, slowest charging speed. That company was created to fail. It is a miracle they lasted that long
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Samyd18: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
soon Tecno will topple Apple
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Resees: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
[quote author=Darlinx01 post=90660386] America cant force ppl to purchase a device, when blackberry fell did they do anytin? Go to war ke? Na their money ah dey use buy am? Everybody died to use a blackberry then too, what makes apple special? The world will end? Remember empire rises and falls. Without innovation, destruction is inevitable. Lets see what happens in d next decade.[/quote
Africa has never invented or innovated nothing and they havent being destroyed yet i doubt anything will ever happen to America.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
[quote author=Resees post=90661931][/quote] I was reffering to d destruction of d apple empire nt america
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
I was reffering to d destruction of d apple empire nt america

It's like u are specifically looking for the destruction of Apple empire. May I ask why? The same logic u use to think Apple will be destroyed can also be used to think Samsung, Huawei, Sony, xiaomi etc will be destroyed. Why so much emphasis on Apple?
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
same with blackberry, used by everyone. When it comes to data leaks apple is as guilty as google. Make ur research, siri records every stuff u do wit ur iphones. They are both american companies dnt be deceived. And how do u knw huawei, sammy and xiaomi's boss use iphones perhaps are u related to dem? True of celebrities bt be sure of what u say before spewing nonsense.
as for the data leak part I could only laugh at you for comparing android security to that of iPhone.
Go to playstore and download disk digger you will see everything single pictures you deleted from your phone without granting it root access. A third party app can easily scan deeply through your phone private memory. Mention one app you can download from appstore that will pack out your secrets.
The other day I was looking for a file I downloaded so I opened ordinary ES file Xplorer so I saw some files (.dat), they were very many so I decided to check I opened the files and read the coding I discovered that this Crappy MIUI have kept record of every single thing I ever did on the phone since the day I bought it. Every app I downloaded open, the date and time, the duration every single thing was there carelessly saved on a Crappy folder which anyone who has access to my phone can easily copy and he will have full access to every single thing I have ever done on my phone. Look, android is a joke
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

It's like u are specifically looking for the destruction of Apple empire. May I ask why? The same logic u use to think Apple will be destroyed can also be used to think Samsung, Huawei, Sony, xiaomi etc will be destroyed. Why so much emphasis on Apple?
Samsung offers nice devices in the flagship level but their midrange and budget offerings are overpriced craps, huawei produces cool devices too, xiaomi takes on d midrange segment well offering good value for money, i cant see a bright future for sony, overpriced and wrong priorities. I'm nt a fanboy to any, i used to love apple a lot till after d iphone x. Cant help bt admit der os is fluid and smooth, bt ah noticed due to the monopoly on ios, they are becoming very nonchalant lately. The consumers are supposed to be king bt with apple its d opposite. They do whatever they feel is right never listening to d needs of d ppl. When i pay over a $1000 for a phone, dnt i have d rights to state what i need in it?

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Resees: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
I was reffering to d destruction of d apple empire nt america
Still not gonna happen.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by ruggedtimi(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
Thats wrong. There's a big difference betw company's net worth and owner's net worth. What's tim cooks net worth?
oh okay
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Flytime: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nuel4:
as for the data leak part I could only laugh at you for comparing android security to that of iPhone.
Go to playstore and download disk digger you will see everything single pictures you deleted from your phone without granting it root access. A third party app can easily scan deeply through your phone private memory. Mention one app you can download from appstore that will pack out your secrets.
The other day I was looking for a file I downloaded so I opened ordinary ES file Xplorer so I saw some files (.dat), they were very many so I decided to check I opened the files and read the coding I discovered that this Crappy MIUI have kept record of every single thing I ever did on the phone since the day I bought it. Every app I downloaded open, the date and time, the duration every single thing was there carelessly saved on a Crappy folder which anyone who has access to my phone can easily copy and he will have full access to every single thing I have ever done on my phone. Look, android is a joke
Ok. Let's say google or your phone brand steals all your data. And then what? You think they will steal your money? It's waaaay too big to try and do that.they wouldn't be allowed to actually steal all your data. Ok. All your data is in their database. So what?
That's why most people who need maximum security on Android use Samsung flagships secured by Knox,even Jeff bezos iphone was hacked which led to his divorce costing him 38 billion dollars which he paid to his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by etrange: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:
Like i used to say, they will go thesame path of IBM, RIM, HTC, NOKIA, SEGA etc

IBM is still the largest IT firm in the world in terms of spread and employee base and the 6th largest tech firm in the world in terms of market value. It's a bit unfair to lump them up with these other firms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by etrange: 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
ruggedtimi:
The only thing I know about apple is, it is the richest brand in the world ...that's to say if Steve Jobs is alife today he would have been the richest man in the world

This is a wrong conclusion. It doesn't work that way.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by etrange: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
judeebuka:
First off bro, Apple is a Trillion dollar company, and not a billion dollar.
Secondly, do you know what flagship killers are? I suppose you don't.

you're obviously an Android smartphone user, but if you you're not; kindly back down, 'coz no one is asking you to buy Apple gadgets.

Speaking of Processors, GPUs and UI/UX; it might interest you to know that Apple has the best Smartphone processors, GPUs and User interface/Experience. Also, games could be done/processed effortlessly by Apple's Mobile Processors & GPUs, without breaking a sweat; unlike most Android smartphones with mediocre GPUs and all.

iPhones are mostly purchased due to its efficiency in computing processes.
Most, if not all Android OEMs, implements the 'pixel binning technology' on their cameras; hence, the increase in pixel figures.
Which is why the actual value of a 48mp camera is 13mp.

name them, Powerful Processors, GPUs, Highly efficient OS, and ultra Cameras, iPhones are the real deal; they give you the very best if you can afford it.

Please do have a lovely day.

Stop attacking the person, stick to his point. The phone he is using is not the bone of contention. Apple has all these you mentioned but the point is that thier recent release doesn't offer anything extra and yet their prices keep going higher.

Instead of seeing this as an Apple vs Other Brands contest, see it as an Old Apple vs New Apple contest.

3 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by seunfly: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
etrange:

IBM is still the largest IT firm in the world in terms of spread and employee base and the 6th largest tech firm in the world in terms of market value. It's a bit unfair to lump them up with these other firms.

Likewise HTC and RIM are still in another line of business now.
They are all the largest in area they are in today.

The argument is about being pushed out of their traditional market as a result of better organisation and competition.

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Flytime:
Ok. Let's say google or your phone brand steals all your data. And then what? You think they will steal your money? It's waaaay too big to try and do that. Especially since it surely works with the usa gov. Otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to actually steal all your data. Ok. All your data is in their database. So what?
That's why most people who need maximum security use Samsung flagships secured by Knox or iPhones,even Jeff bezos iphone was backed which led to his divorce costing him 38 billion dollars which he paid to his wife.
did you even read what I posted? So after reading everything I posted you still can't see how data on Android is like storing your credentials in an open football field? Maybe you don't have valuable information people can pounce on but most people have a lot of important information they don't even want their closest friend to sniff not to talk of having full access to. An iPhone 6 is far more secure than Samsung galaxy S20 ultra. Forget about that knox. I used A70 last year it has the knox security it was still pure shiit
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by WoundedLamb: 7:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:

Likewise HTC and RIM are still in another line of business now.
They are all the largest in area they are in today.

The argument is about being pushed out of their traditional market as a result of better organisation and competition.

What was IBM's traditional line of business?

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Flytime: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nuel4:
did you even read what I posted? So after reading everything I posted you still can't see how data on Android is like storing your credentials in an open football field? Maybe you don't have valuable information people can pounce on but most people have a lot of important information they don't even want their closest friend to sniff not to talk of having full access to. An iPhone 6 is far more secure than Samsung galaxy S20 ultra. Forget about that knox I used A70 last year it has the knox security it was still pure shiit
Really undecided now you are just saying dumb things sorry to say
About the a70 what security breach did you experience?

4 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by seunfly: 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
WoundedLamb:

What was IBM's traditional line of business?

Business machine including computers.
They invents almost everything about computer from the first mordern day electronic computer (Vacuum Tube Multiplier) to hard disk. They are even the inventor of pictograme we use in mordern computer today and gave it out to Steve Job freely because of lack of vision.
IBM is supposed to dominates computer world both hardware and software.
Image a company that invented the way OS works on computer yet couldn't have it own OS.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by WoundedLamb: 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:

Business machine including computers.
They invents almost everything about computer from the first mordern day electronic computer (Vacuum Tube Multiplier) to hard disk. They are even the inventor of pictograme we use in mordern computer today and gave it out to Steve Job freely because of lack of vision.

Good. And It still produces hardware today and has diversified into AI, business solutions, data mining, etc. It is still the oldest surving IT firm and one of the largest. It's market value dropped considerably but it wasn't necessarily pushed out of it's market line. Newer firms with more diverse lines of business overtook IBM but like the other guy said, you don't lump it up with those other firms who clearly left the picture.

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Flytime:

Really undecided now you are just saying dumb things sorry to say
About the a70 what security breach did you experience?
a third party app like disk digger have complete access to files you deleted from your phone. That's access to the hidden portion of the storage unit of your phone. That's not even possible in iPhone 5s
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by luvyaself95(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
anthonyuncle:
da simple truth is that most persons that buy expensive phones buy them for da basic reason of joining da cliq of those that use that phone.
a lot of users don't know da basic specs of their phones. u will only hear: da camera is sharp, da battery dey last.

As for me i see nothing in Apple except camera but i do here this slang from iPhone users very well.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by seunfly: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Good. And It still produces hardware today and has diversified into AI, business solutions, data mining, etc. It is still the oldest surving IT firm and one of the largest. It's market value dropped considerably but it wasn't necessarily pushed out of it's market line. Newer firms with more diverse lines of business overtook IBM but like the other guy said, you don't lump it up with those other firms who clearly left the picture.

Just like i said to d guy ealier, HTC and RIM are still are still in line of business closely related to what we know them for and they are also leaders in such area but others are raking in billion of $ in multiple of what they are making in a field they almost single handedly forged out.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by anthonyuncle(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
luvyaself95:

As for me i see nothing in Apple except camera but i do here this slang from iPhone users very well.

I have a neighbor who uses an iPhone, she don't even know how to minimize apps or return to opened apps without going to da home screen
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Flytime: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nuel4:
a third party app like disk digger have complete access to files you deleted from your phone. That's access to the hidden portion of the storage unit of your phone. That's not even possible in iPhone 5s
Firstly the reason you think it's not possible is because apple doesn't allow some apps to their store or installation of apps outside their official store.
If apple was was as free as Android there would have been lots of apps like that available.i know it's means apple is more secured there but hey it doesn't make it impossible,people have their way of doing it.
Secondly I downloaded this so called app,the first thing I realized was that I gave it the permission to go through my storage,also after the scanning all I saw was the images on my phone and images from the apps installed on my phone(for example the images used to illustrate informations in the app or images of ads in the app)
My theory to this is that it's either you made up the story of using the a70 and you use a device with an old Android version,maybe a device with serious privacy breaches or you rooted your device.
I know there could be access to your files on Android but no app has access to your phone system except it's a virus or you rooted your device.
Just look at what the app said;

3 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by WoundedLamb: 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:

Just like i said to d guy ealier, HTC and RIM are still are still in line of business closely related to what we know them for and they are also leaders in such area but others are raking in billion of $ in multiple of what they are making in a field they almost single handedly forged out.

I got that and I'm saying IBM is not in the league of HTC and RIM. Not even comparable. HTC was kicked out of the phone manufacturing industry (all the way from the the lion's share downhill). They went into virtual reality and even they, they aren't in the the very top, no status. They've cut their staff base by 1,500 and counting. RIM was worse, they were completely kicked out. It's no longer a smart phone company. It's now into security.

Point is, both RIM and HTC didn't just lose market value or shift manufacturing line, they went downhill in the tech company rankings generally. IBM on the other hand sold some of its assets to Lenovo (ThinkPad was originally IBM). This made them to lose popularity cause people don't know about their mainframes as much they knew about their PCs. They also lost some of their market share. But they have remained consistent in developing the hardware components for some of these PC's. They still manufacture mainframe computers. They still have the highest spread and employee base and they are still in the top 10 in terms of market value. Not even a single tech company has been in the industry as long as IBM, not even one and for them to still have this status, I completely agree with the other guy that it's unfair to lump them up with those other firms.

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by seunfly: 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
WoundedLamb:

I got that and I'm saying IBM is not in the league of HTC and RIM. Not even comparable. HTC was kicked out of the phone manufacturing industry (all the way from the the lion's share downhill). They went into virtual reality and even they, they aren't in the the very top, no status. They've cut their staff base by 1,500 and counting. RIM was worse, they were completely kicked out. It's no longer a smart phone company. It's now into security.

Point is, both RIM and HTC didn't just lose market value or shift manufacturing line, they went downhill in the tech company rankings generally. IBM on the other hand sold some of its assets to Lenovo (ThinkPad was originally IBM). This made them to lose popularity cause people don't know about their mainframes as much they knew about their PCs. They also lost some of their market share. But they have remained consistent in developing the hardware components for some of these PC's. They still manufacture mainframe computers. They still have the highest spread and employee base and they are still in the top 10 in terms of market value. Not even a single tech company has been in the industry as long as IBM, not even one and for them to still have this status, I completely agree with the other guy that it's unfair to lump them up with those other firms.

I understand ur point.

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by luvyaself95(m): 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
anthonyuncle:

I have a neighbor who uses an iPhone, she don't even know how to minimize apps or return to opened apps without going to da home screen

that so funny you know and that part of what we're saying.
imagine she can't minimize,wannabe iPhone user...
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Gjackzy(m): 2:00am On Jun 15, 2020
luvyaself95:

that so funny you know and that part of what we're saying.
imagine she can't minimize,wannabe iPhone user...
If she can’t minimize, Is its because of the phone she is using? Stop misleading people, If you can’t afford an iPhone doesn’t mean it’s a bad device.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by seanwilliam(m): 4:48am On Jun 15, 2020
Nuel4:
let me tell you something, this is
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was So Pissed With Glo Network Until l Tried Their 4G Lte(pics) / The New Infinix Zero: Reasons You Should Not Miss Out On The Mobile Phone / Whatsapp Group Member Increases From 50 To 100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.