Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? (5702 Views)

Is Apple Losing It & Falling From Her Throne? / Is Apple Really Not Innovative, Anymore? / From An Ignorant Novice To A Learner (still Learning) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by seunfly: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2020
princemillla:

Wrong, Apple is preffered cuz of level of security it offers. If this hackers continue with their bombardment they will lose fragment of their trust.

Op u know it's easier to steal and bypassed iphone these days. It easier to jailbreak their most beloved A11 chip now. Hence apple is not sleeping ditching out software update blocking every loopholes

@Bolded, RIM also had that edge years back.
Does it stops them from going under?
Up till now that is what RIM is still doing, security solution for business. I remember back then, that is what almost all the president of G7 Nation used, US president, UK prime minister, German chancellor etc that is the level of security blackberry had then.

3 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by ArticleBeast: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2020
People don't buy Apple products because of innovation or ram or those tech thing Android fanboys scream all around. They buy Apple products because of the status it gives them. If you need innovation stick with Xiaomi and Samsung.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Ufedolove: 11:02am On Jun 14, 2020
ArticleBeast:
People don't buy Apple products because of innovation or ram or those tech thing Android fanboys scream all around. They buy Apple products because of the status it gives them. If you need innovation stick with Xiaomi and Samsung.
This is a lame man's talk. I bet you don't even know the concept of innovation.

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by karbie(f): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2020
Read the study packs on your own and pass your examinations like I did.

Prepare for your ACCA and ICAN examinations with the ICAN new study packs for all levels and get all necessary past questions and answers for a token.

Click on the whatsapp link below to get them https:///2347084890881
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by ibawon(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2020
I don't like going into difference between Apple and other phone brands.
But the only thing that sets Apple apart from any other device is iOS it's the best thing that will keep putting them at the top.
An average iOS device compared to an Android device of it's age looks too dull, take for example the iPhone SE 2020 is not a phone that looks that appealing for its time all of it's component can be found on other phones but iOS is the reason it will always outperform other phones in its range.
That's why once you are locked in the iOS ecosystem, you are gone

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Resees: 11:25am On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:
Like i used to say, they will go thesame path of IBM, RIM, HTC, NOKIA, SEGA etc
Apple is bigger than Nigeria bro.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Resees: 11:26am On Jun 14, 2020
Apple is a country on itself and doesnt need to impress nobody they will still sell out world wide any day any time.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Resees: 11:30am On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:

Go and read about leyman brothers, IBM, Nitendo, Sega and co, u will realise that their is nothing like too big to fail.

As a tech company once u stops innovation and u rely on existing core and cliqs to drives sales, u are already failing. The next big thing will sweep u away, Apple knows this and they are hoping for the next big deal to come from them unfortunately the next big deal in telecome may likely not come from American, letalone apple inc unless Trump wins the technological battle.

This decade will determines alot of things, by the end of 2020 decade lets wait and see if apple will come up with next new thing or they will be swept under carpet with huge fund at their disposal like HTC, RIM, Sega etc.

Hey what of Africa and Nigeria when are you guys going to come up with the next big thing? I hear crickets.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by timay(m): 11:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Resees:
Apple is a country on itself and doesnt need to impress nobody they will still sell out world wide any day any time.

I'm sure that was what Nokia and blackberrywas thinking too back in the day.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by ArticleBeast: 11:37am On Jun 14, 2020
Ufedolove:

This is a lame man's talk. I bet you don't even know the concept of innovation.
K
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 14, 2020
First off bro, Apple is a Trillion dollar company, and not a billion dollar.
Secondly, do you know what flagship killers are? I suppose you don't.

you're obviously an Android smartphone user, but if you you're not; kindly back down, 'coz no one is asking you to buy Apple gadgets.

Speaking of Processors, GPUs and UI/UX; it might interest you to know that Apple has the best Smartphone processors, GPUs and User interface/Experience. Also, games could be done/processed effortlessly by Apple's Mobile Processors & GPUs, without breaking a sweat; unlike most Android smartphones with mediocre GPUs and all.

iPhones are mostly purchased due to its efficiency in computing processes.
Most, if not all Android OEMs, implements the 'pixel binning technology' on their cameras; hence, the increase in pixel figures.
Which is why the actual value of a 48mp camera is 13mp.

name them, Powerful Processors, GPUs, Highly efficient OS, and ultra Cameras, iPhones are the real deal; they give you the very best if you can afford it.

Please do have a lovely day.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Resees: 11:45am On Jun 14, 2020
timay:

I'm sure that was what Nokia and blackberrywas thinking too back in the day.
Apple doesnt just make phones they make computers.Apple is just like a state in America.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
It is not Overpriced.
Crappy Android with horrible software cost just as much as iPhones these days. The difference is that those high end Android are a waste of money. Their value drop like breast after 3 months of purchase

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
seunfly:
Like i used to say, they will go thesame path of IBM, RIM, HTC, NOKIA, SEGA etc
that's 100% impossible. Any single celebrity, top level politician, CEO or anybody of note in USA or most part of the western world uses an iPhone. Even Huawei boss, Samsung, Oppo, Xiaomi official handles sometimes lose guard and tweet from their main phones which is iPhone.
Stupid android phone that keep track of your every single activity and leak the data to their companies is what you people are mentioning Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
They ignore the most important needs of their customers, using the type c, touch id, changin design etc. Whether they've used d refresh rate or nt its nt my problem. Dey should try to listen to der customers and stop being arrogant or they would be losing out
who told you that's the most important need of customer? Do I give a shiit if my phone charger is type c or type z? What's my business the mouth of my charger?
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by kode12: 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
The billion dollar company apple known for their "premium" iphones have been releasing new phones with lil or no new innovation and yet selling for absurd prices. They never listen to their customers all in d name of bein different. Iphone 12 leaks shows they finally accepted to borrow the refresh rate idea from their supposed mediocre android brother and made a perfect "pro-motion" marketing gimmick. Neither have they decided to give us a type c port which is miles better dan d stupid lightning port or include a touch id support or at d very least change dat outdated design. No they cant downgrade to android's level. They'll rather give u a new processor and d same body with a new camera setup den slam a high price to it and give u to buy. Besides if u want class, supposed ios beauty and security u have no other choice but dem. RUBBISH. Some ppl have started selling der lands to buy der next overpriced device. Its time we make dis ppl undastand der nt gods.
When you have thousands of die hard followers, who'd buy your product regardless, why would you listen to them? The superiority felt by Apple users over Droid users, is the same superiority the Apple makers feel over their customers. Your opinions just doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
ruggedtimi:
The only thing I know about apple is, it is the richest brand in the world ...that's to say if Steve Jobs is alife today he would have been the richest man in the world
Thats wrong. There's a big difference betw company's net worth and owner's net worth. What's tim cooks net worth?

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
roteblomen:
The appeal of apple lies in its exclusivity, and their great marketing techniques that made people to perceive it as classy. In terms of tech and giving consumers what they desire, apple is failing woefully in that regards. Recycling and rebranding old technologies are not innovation.

In the last fiscal year, Samsung and Huawei sales have been on a steady increase, while apple is on a free fall and recording lesser sales each quarter. With the way apple is going, I imagine its faith to be like the formally revered blackberry, that has no sophistication like its symbian brothers, but its value relying on the fact that it gives the user a feeling of using an exclusive classy product. And with a ridiculous price that doesn't justify its cost, apple is in for a long struggle.
iPhone 7 plus that's 5 years is still very classy, smooth great camera great processor latest software and has a lot of respect. Most people who have iPhone 7 haven't upgraded while S10 of last year has already lost all its respect so people try to buy new ones. That's why you think Samsung and Huawei sales are on the rise they churn out different phones every month
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
witnezHD:
Op now which smartphone company is innovative
There's more room for innovation in d android space dan in ios due to competition. Imagine iphone se2 in the android space, who will buy? Ios users are locked in accepting anytin apple throws at them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by VICTOR4LYF(m): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
princemillla:

Actually not the one u listed but security. Apple is the most secure smartphone in the world. Even we engineers knows this.

Add luxury to the reason it sells last

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by sirfemoz(m): 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
We are all missing the point. As a business organisation, if you are at the top, your rivals will always find ways to beat you down. The only thing that will keep you at the top is your innovations. Samsung is really giving Apple tough time interms of innovation. Billions of dollars company fall, it's all about time and little mistakes. Probably, we are all talking to defend our brand. But the truth is that, if Apple company doesn't listen to it customers regarding their products and fails to innovate, it's just a matter of time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by seunfly: 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Resees:

Hey what of Africa and Nigeria when are you guys going to come up with the next big thing? I hear crickets.

If u think i will join you to kick Africa and Nigeria on the ground, u are wrong bro. Africa and Nigeria is already on the ground and it takes effort of u and i to lift her from or push her to the ground base on our action and inactions. U can kick her in the mud d way u like, it does not stops you from getting dirty as well unless u are not an African or A Nigerian.

Resees:

Apple is bigger than Nigeria bro.
I don't know the purpose of this quote however i will like to remind you that we are here to have intellectual conversation based on history and past scenarios, if their is something that is certain like death, it is history and it always repeat itself and ends in similar scenario be it 2000 years ago or in the next 10 years, it will always repeat itself unless a new cause of action is taken.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by webincomeplus(m): 1:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
greenhulk:

You know that is impossible.
Nothing is impossible. The same has been said about Nokia and Blackberry in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Resees:
Go and check their sales recently...it keeps dropping...that's why their prices keep increasing, so their profits dnt drop. Wont be surprised if xiaomi beats them to become third soon

2 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
I bet u @judeebuka, if apple's bionic a13 is brought to android it wont be able to withstand d pressure like other android flagship smartphones. Apple is able to optimize their chipsets that much bcuz they cater for only the iphone series unlike android which has to accomodate a thousand brands with different levels of smartphones. U've gat a lot of androids dat can outperform the iphone, bt d mistake u guys make is u compare apple's flagship wit midrange and budget androids. Can the 11 pro max go head to head wit d oneplus 8 pro in terms of speed and ram management? Can it go head to head wit huawei's p40 pro night photography or match the s20 ultra's 50x zoom? When it comes to camera its only better in portrait and videography. It cant even outperform the asus rog 2 in terms of gaming. U talk abt pixel binning? Do u knw d future it has in photography? Very soon u'd hear ur beloved apple has started implementing it.

8 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nuel4:
that's 100% impossible. Any single celebrity, top level politician, CEO or anybody of note in USA or most part of the western world uses an iPhone. Even Huawei boss, Samsung, Oppo, Xiaomi official handles sometimes loss guard and tweet from their main phones which is iPhone.
Stupid android phone that keep track of your every single activity and leak the data to their companies is what you people are mentioning Mtchew
same with blackberry, used by everyone. When it comes to data leaks apple is as guilty as google. Make ur research, siri records every stuff u do wit ur iphones. They are both american companies dnt be deceived. And how do u knw huawei, sammy and xiaomi's boss use iphones perhaps are u related to dem? True of celebrities bt be sure of what u say before spewing nonsense.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by mustausman(m): 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please a good Samaritan should help a brother with a token to get some foidstuffs.I am a private school teacher , no dime since march.... God bless the giver....

GTB, 0464929698,I.B.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Darlinx01(m): 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nuel4:
who told you that's the most important need of customer? Do I give a shiit if my phone charger is type c or type z? What's my business the mouth of my charger?
Like i thought u knw little or ntin abt tech. Ya probably part of d crew who purchases an iphone to be part of d crowd. This arguement is for tech literates sir. Have a nice day.

5 Likes

Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
webincomeplus:

Nothing is impossible. The same has been said about Nokia and Blackberry in the past.

Yes nothing is impossible. But do not compare Nokia and blackberry with Apple. Those companies were never on top 3 most valuable brands. Moreover Apple has built a solid ecosystem that would make it difficult for them to lose customers and crumble. Apple have been around since around 1976 and they and them and Microsoft monopolize the computer world's. But just like in mobile phones, Apple make their hardware and software. Macs are widely popular in the US and around the world. Even though windows have more users, Apple make more money as there are different vendors who use windows, but for every Mac sold Apple is making tons of money. It's the same with iPhones.

I'm not saying it's impossible for them to go down but it would take something really serious for that to happen.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by ZAWs: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
Apple going bankrupt is near to impossible.
They have the oil for the future.
They have obviously set the pace which other follows
They brought the notch screen, now almost everyone(OEM) is using it.
They had the first 3 diagonal camera setup, ofcourse you now see it on almost every andriod phone( even in an abusive manner)
So the brand has spoken for itself before and beyond.
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Resees: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Darlinx01:
Go and check their sales recently...it keeps dropping...that's why their prices keep increasing, so their profits dnt drop. Wont be surprised if xiaomi beats them to become third soon
America will never let it happen instead they will go to war for it. Like i said Mac book and iphone is a freaking brand name like the whole world dies to have an apple products in there possession i say forget any issues they are having right now. The world will end before apple will ever go down...
Re: Is Apple Being Ignorant Or Arrogant? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
roteblomen:
The appeal of apple lies in its exclusivity, and their great marketing techniques that made people to perceive it as classy. In terms of tech and giving consumers what they desire, apple is failing woefully in that regards. Recycling and rebranding old technologies are not innovation.

In the last fiscal year, Samsung and Huawei sales have been on a steady increase, while apple is on a free fall and recording lesser sales each quarter. With the way apple is going, I imagine its faith to be like the formally revered blackberry, that has no sophistication like its symbian brothers, but its value relying on the fact that it gives the user a feeling of using an exclusive classy product. And with a ridiculous price that doesn't justify its cost, apple is in for a long struggle.

It's very funny when u say Apple is on a free fall. Which smartphone do u think was the best selling in 2019? Of course u guessed wrong, it's the iPhone XR, did I hear u say Apple is on a free fall? Do u know that iPhones make up 5 of the top 10 selling phones of 2019? E shock u abi?

Now let's come to 2020, every OEM have had decline on sales due to the covid 19, but Apple still maintains the no 3 market share with 13.3% in Q1 2020, behind Huawei in 2nd and Samsung in first. Meanwhile 13.3% is still an improvement over 11.8% they had in Q1 2018. Of course we don't expect apple to be in 1st as they don't make too many models. Samsung and Huawei release scores or phones every year, from budget to entry level to mid range and then flagship. The best selling Samsung phone for 2020 so far is galaxy A51, a mid-range phone. And they still have a bunch of mid-range and entry level phones that make up the list. So it is expected that that they sell more overall while Apple sell mostly flagship phones, this is why Apple would make more money if they sell 100 phones and Huawei sells 200. They are right where they wanna be.

Apple have a business strategy not to flood the market with different model of phones like other Android OEMs do. They have created a scenerio where when u grab an iPhone u have a well crafted top level phone in ur hand. Same cannot be said about others, u can own a galaxy A10, that is made of plastic, entry level display and processor and still claim u own a Samsung.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Infinix Hot Note Keeps Freezing And Restarting, Freezes While Booting / How To Copy Whatsapp Stickers From One Phone To Another / Itel Celebrates Children’s Day 2023 With Over 1,000 Children In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.