Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness (2223 Views)

Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? / Southeast And Southsouth Rejects Sowore Led Revolution / IPOB Heavy Protest Today Shut Down Southeast And South South (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 14, 2020
fulanimafia:

You claimed you don't insult others, then went ahead to justify your insults. Lol.

So what have your insults gained you so far?

Biafra?
Development?
Much needed political support of those you insult and "tell the truth"?

Besides have you finished telling your looting, kerosene sharing governors the truth? Remove the log in your eye before pointing out the speck in others.

The OP is absolutely on point about your self-marginalisation, but it appears common sense is not common.
No tribe is more critical of their governor than igbos ...ikpeazu is the worst governor in the east but at least he is better than many governors in the west

Igbos always expose the bad doings of our givernors ...but u guys never u keep hiding them ...from osun governor that commissioned pots to ogun that has done nothing

Ikpeazu is doing roads , building things yet we roast him everyday ...same with obiano and enugu governor's .....keep hiding yours

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 9:16am On Jun 14, 2020
Rodwave:

You are very stupid.

Goodluck started 2nd Niger bridge
Goodluck made enugu Airport International.

You foolish abobaku monkeys should take your lies to your oshogbo ritual killers Republic.

I am very stupid I agree.

But what will make you not to be an idiot or more stupid than I am is for you to:

1. Give me pictorial evidence and link where GEJ do the ground breaking of 2nd Niger Bridge

2. Give me a link where it is reported that GEJ award the contract to any of the contractors and tell me the name of the contractors.

3. Give me a link and pic of 2nd Niger Bridge pre June, 2015

4. Give me a link where Stella upgraded Enugu airport to international standard that receives more Planes and Landing space.

if you can't do these 4, you're the one that is stupid.

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2020
Lol.

See the responses from the OP's brothers.

Abeg I can't laugh jare.

Let the country divide already and let each region face their destinies.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 9:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

No tribe is more critical of their governor than igbos ...ikpeazu is the worst governor in the east but at least he is better than many governors in the west

Igbos always expose the bad doings of our givernors ...but u guys never u keep hiding them ...from osun governor that commissioned pots to ogun that has done nothing

Ikpeazu is doing roads , building things yet we roast him everyday ...same with obiano and enugu governor's .....keep hiding yours

You just finish smoking weed.
you guys don't criticize yours unlike ours.
BTW, none of the SW governors dey 2nd tenure.
Have you forgotten when one of your governors banned some media in government house?

Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Lagos are in their 1yr in Office, hope you know that?
yet they are heavily critize even by the media, not only Nairaland.

denying a governor for 2nd term is very common in the west unlike the east.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by History555: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

I am very stupid I agree.

But what will make you not to be an idiot or more stupid than I am is for you to:

1. Give me pictorial evidence and link where GEJ do the ground breaking of 2nd Niger Bridge

2. Give me a link where it is reported that GEJ award the contract to any of the contractors and tell me the name of the contractors.

3. Give me a link and pic of 2nd Niger Bridge pre June, 2015

4. Give me a link where Stella upgraded Enugu airport to international standard that receives more Planes and Landing space.

if you can't do these 4, you're the one that is stupid.

U want link to enugu airport, so ethopian airlines were landing in your backyard. You are far stupid than you can imagine. You are not getting any link, what goes on in lgbo land on non of fuckinf business. So go and die

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

You just finish smoking weed.
you guys don't criticize yours unlike ours.
BTW, none of the SW governors dey 2nd tenure.
Have you forgotten when one of your governors banned some media in government house?

Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Lagos are in their 1yr in Office, hope you know that?
yet they are heavily critize even by the media, not only Nairaland.

Show me a thread on nairaland criticizing a south Western governor opened by a Yoruba man in the last 1 months ...ikpeazu was only few years old when we started
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 9:26am On Jun 14, 2020
History555:

U want link to enugu airport, so ethopian airlines were landing in your backyard. You are far stupid than you can imagine. You are not getting any link, what goes on in lgbo land on non of fuckinf business. So go and die

lol, When last did you hear Ethiopian airlines in Enugu? cheesy

don't make me laugh Abeq.

give me link to the above 4 points I mentioned.

if you can't, then you and that guy that quote me are the stupid ones.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by overall90: 9:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Rodwave:

You are very stupid.

Goodluck started 2nd Niger bridge
Goodluck made enugu Airport International.

You foolish abobaku monkeys should take your lies to your oshogbo ritual killers Republic.

Anyway, the monkey Republic has outlived its usefulness

i just tire for this people.
any thing to paint Igbos black is welcome to them.
i recall how this same yorubas fought Stella Odua when Ethiopia airlines started operating from Enugu and she wanted Etihad to start doing the same thing.
Buhari came and stopped the works going on in both the Enugu airport and second Niger bridge all in the guise of probe and rewarding the contracts while the ones in other areas were on going.
the truth is head or tail,there is no easy way for Igbos in this Buhari government.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by kingzizzy: 9:31am On Jun 14, 2020
Marine54:
càn you imagine if all this above terrorist were from ibo, GOD forbid. Can u imahine what would've have happened to ibos by now, by Nigeria state.... I m not ibo though!

Ahhhhh my brother! If all these terrorist groups were from Igbo land, they would have been killing Igbos everywhere. Thats when Buhari would have waged the real war on Igbos. They would have been shouting every day.

But because the terrorists are from the North, the war on Boko haram isnt serious, the killings not taken serious and the political position of the North isnt affected.

And then someone will open a stupid thread like this to be blaming Igbos when others are doing far worse and getting away with it

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 9:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Show me a thread on nairaland criticizing a south Western governor opened by a Yoruba man in the last 1 months ...ikpeazu was only few years old when we started

Lol, in last one month?
you're not Okay.

None of the SW governors are in their 2nd tenure.

Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Lagos are in their 1 yr in office.

Akeredolu performed well in Ondo yet he might not get re elected.
People criticize him very well in Ondo.

Same as Fayemi
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by joeyfire(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2020
OP - I dont know what you mean by politics of bitterness. Igbos are represented in APC even though we dont like that nonsense party. Igbos have been running mates to Buhari twice and there have been igbo buharists from day one. Igbo leaders have never used tribalistic rhetoric against other tribes like Northern and Yoruba leaders including Obas have used shamelessly against us. Igbos dont form mobs and murder non-indigenes like the northerners and yorubas have done to us many times since independence.

If the politics of hate is our not giving APC plenty of votes then we shall continue to to practise it for the foreseeable future. APC started out from the beginning as a gang-up against GEJ/Igbos so to hell with APC. Its unfortunate that you link non-support for APC as justification for marginalising the South East. The yorubas and northerners fought Goodluck Jonathan bitterly from his first day in office. They abused him, insulted his wife, attacked his tribe and all but if you check www.bpp.gov.ng and observe the years he was in power you will see so many projects he did for them. You cannot build a country with bitterness like the South West and North have been doing and failing. Igbos know this and dont want to be with people who are bitter thats why most of us want our own country. Simple and short
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by overall90: 9:53am On Jun 14, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Bro no dey call me for this kind matter. Anyhow wey igbos want make we dey for Nigeria make we dey. The time I cared has come n gone.

The op is not the first and he won't be the last to voice such concerns.

what are the concerns.
that it is the Igbos fault that Buhari is excluding them from projects.
Did everybody in Daura vote for Buhari during 2015 and 2019 elections.
and what was the reason for Buhari not siting any project in the south East during his PTF days.
so of you think you understand what is happening but you don't.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 10:10am On Jun 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

You must be living in on planet 'lost'

How do you think Dangote became the richest man in Nigeria? By hardwork alone? No, he became what he is because of the undue advantage his fellow Northerners gave him in the 70's, 80's and much of the 90's when the North held sway under military rule

You are talking about insecurity and politics of hatred? Fulani herdsmen have been killing thousands Nigerians every year in the last couple of years, but a Fulani man is president of Nigeria

Northern elements like Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen and various armed bandits are armed and killing Nigerians daily but a Northerner is in power. And you are talking about politics of hatred from a South East that has no single armed group killing anyone? What can be worst than killing people? You are talking about national politics while the region that has produced boko haram, herdsmen and the most number of armed bandits are the one's who are in charge?

But in your own reasoning, the SE is the problem. How can anyone be this stupid?

I never said that southeast is the problem and
i never said of anybody helping someone to become rich.
I am talking about national politics and in politics, you have to compromise. Southeast needs to come together and push forward an engender. As things are now in national politics, it seems like we are always the enemy with nothing to benefit from it. Looking at how things are going, they are leaving us behind. Railway cost billions of dollars, how much is even second niger bridge? Little above half a billion dollars and we are celebrating. Look at government institutions in southeast and other region. From schools to hospitals. Do you think that government don't have good hospitals? Just travel to Lagos and Kano. Do you think that government don't have good schools? Just travel to ABU and OAU. Even a state sponsored hospitals in Kano is better than all the hospital in southeast states combine. We are losing and when you are losing, you go back and restrategize.
For your point, yes I agreed that dangote became rich through the government but he is not the only one that passed through that path even some Igbo sons, became rich through government help. Dangote is just business driven and he knows what he want.

4 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 10:14am On Jun 14, 2020
Mel003:
Rail way dat look like what they use in the colonial era ... Nonsense

Train on the rail line is not really important, what is important is the rail line. The train can always be changed. It is like buying a car, you can always change it when you have the money as far as the road is there to drive it.

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 10:18am On Jun 14, 2020
History555:
When buhari was head of ptf, please remind lgbos the projects he did in the east. Thank you

I am not talking about bihari, I am talking about national politics. Buhari alone can not make decisions alone. If we have good representative like Southwest, things wouldn't have been this messy.

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 10:24am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:
If democracy is a game and winner takes all no country would practice it ,
Democracy is a system where majority makes decision and the voices of the minority is considered also
Denying igbos development because they didn't vote buhari is absolutely nothing but pure wickedness and nothing more than that
Haven't everything Igbo expressed as fears over buhari come to live ? The south east have always been marginalized even in PDP , but at least not to this extent
People I actually blame are the igbos in APC ,I for one supported APC , in 2015 but once it was obvious APC never regards the Igbo man I had to stop , igbos today in APC are the fools , they are the ones that give the APC reason to do this rubbish ,How can u choose party over your people
North west was never won by PDP since 2013 ...yet PDP never relegated them to the back , that's why PDP is a national party and APC is north

I would advise you to leave democracy out of this matter. Democracy is good on paper but impossible to practice it. No country is fully practicing democracy now. This is just pure politics and I don't blame buhari for it.
And to tell you the truth, PDP did the worst, PDP didn't even come to buhari in terms of development in southeast. This just the pure truth. This administration is focusing more on infrastructure and other regions are getting the biggest part of it

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Ugwuoke347(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

How do you think Dangote became the richest man in Nigeria? By hardwork alone? No, he became what he is because of the undue advantage his fellow Northerners gave him in the 70's, 80's and much of the 90's when the North held sway under military rule

You are talking about insecurity and politics of hatred? Fulani herdsmen have been killing thousands Nigerians every year in the last couple of years, but a Fulani man is president of Nigeria

Northern elements like Boko haram, Fulani herdsmen and various armed bandits are armed and killing Nigerians daily but a Northerner is in power. And you are talking about politics of hatred from a South East that has no single armed group killing anyone? What can be worst than killing people? You are talking about national politics while the region that has produced boko haram, herdsmen and the most number of armed bandits are the one's who are in charge?

But in your own reasoning, the SE is the problem. How can anyone be this stupid?

.Ask him.
Help us ask the nwa-anu-ofia
who is recklessly flying his shallow resoning like a kite.
Nigerians and their evil logic will shock even the devil himself.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 10:38am On Jun 14, 2020
overall90:
Every Idiot is now an expert in Igbo affairs.
i never knew that choosing one political party over another is playing politics of bitterness.
like some one pointed out,if democracy is about neglecting the regions that didn't vote for you,the western countries won't practice it and they won't be as developed as they are.
they fact is that even if Buhari had gotten more than 100% votes from Igbo land,he would still not have done much for the region.his prejudices towards the region is legendary,from when he was head of state to PTF. this same Buhari is building a railway to Maradi in Niger republic,so tell me which political party did the maradi people vote for.
and trying to blame Igbos for Buharis wickedness and bigotry is on its own another wicked act towards the Igbos.

Democracy is not what made them so developed. They just used a good strategy and even before they invented democracy, they always ahead of others.
And for your point, you are blinded by hate, so I can't explain more things to you. It is a waste of time because you have made your stand clear

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2020
HeadShot:

Those that gave me 5% will not be treated like those that gave me 97%... Buhari 2015

Buhari is a bigot
NNpc cannot fix a single refinery but can build billions of naira hospital in kastina
Buhari is a tribalist.. Check his appointments
Even a retired military officer from the north had to cry out...
Buhari is evil ... All he wanted was to link the sea to the north... Nothing like lagos ibadan rail.. It was just to fool the SW.. the real project was lagos to kano ..

Buhari is a disaster... Insecurity thrives
Corruption everywhere.. Hunger everywhere

Nigeria just wasted eight years

Yes? Even up till today i can't find anything wrong with that statement. it is just that it was politically wrong. In real life scenario, we all will feel the same way. For you, you may not say it but you will never treat everyone equally in life whether you like it or not. Those that supported you to become who you are will always be your first.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Juchii(m): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2020
Egalitarian1:
Hmmmm

OP though you raised some points but kindly be informed that the government at the centre is the one playing politics of hatred and bitterness against the Southeast.

In a real democratic government, each individual or region is at liberty to vote according to convictions in exercise of fundamental human rights without consequences afterwards.

In a sane country, once election is over, justice and fairness champion the activities of the government of the day but unfortunately, in Nigeria what you inherit from the government is directly proportional to your voting pattern. So, fix culpability where culpability is and stop shifting the blames and legitimizing an illegality.

What happened to the ever deceitful and ironical Federal Character Commission? What stops the government at the center from practising the stipulations of the said commission religiously for even distribution of the resources of the country?

Igbos undoubtedly may not be getting everything right but they are indeed, the true Nigerians that strive to enthrone merit in leadership in sharp contradiction to the present condition. And a nation that her government determines its infrastructural distribution in tandem with regional voting pattern in a particular election can never lay claim to equity and justice!

This your point would have gone far but no country is practicing full democracy even in a saner country. So it is better to be individually against than to be regionally against. Once a president indentify a region that is against his political progress, he will fight back or he may not like that region. That is just human behavior and it happen to everyone. Unless that region show their loyalty in another way, the president will always have poor opinion about that particular region even after stepping down. Democracy is on the papers but we are just humans.

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Deebwebb: 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
kingzizzy:

that boy must be from the wasteland,no Igbo man can reason like that,even me in delta understands the politics against the igbos
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Deebwebb: 11:21am On Jun 14, 2020
All this you wrote is nonsense,we Igbo's want out of nigeria,Nigeria can never work.the katsina people that voted for buhari what have they gotten if not killing and raping there women.the best is disintegration..let's stop celebrating mediocrity. go to twitter and pity for Nigerians.other Africans have insulted the life out of Nigeria...Nigeria is shithole.no region in Nigeria have light,good roads,insecurities everywhere, just look at what happened in Lagos during the lockdown,they mobbed bed bus,1million boys, awawa boys are all Nigerian youths now tell me which region are benefitting,ritualist is a norm in Ogun state.the best is disintegration unless you are a parasite from a certain tribe that dread staying alone..
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Tap0lane: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga if u don't have anything to say keep quiet
Would u be Happy if your zone are treated like the south east ?

You sow what you reap. With Ebele Jonathan you reap bountiful while Yoruba n North lamented with buhari you must wail sorrowfully for the entirety of his 8 years. You can direct all. Other complain to hell fire where your likes belong.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Mel003: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Stop talking rubbish

Are you telling me that bullet train can use those tracks
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mel003:

Are you telling me that bullet train can use those tracks

What is bullet train Smh
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by maestroferddi: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

don't say nobody won't vote for you.
I'm not a party man, but I vote for candidate not party.

From my observation, what everyone is saying is,
the Igbos should contest in PDP In 2023
while the Yorubas should contest in APC in 2023.

There is a reason why you won't be chance to contest in APC in 2023, it's because of the agreement between the CPC and ACN.

in 2023, if we can have Igbos and Yorubas in the ballot, then Nigerians will vote for whom they want.

but you guys said no, that you will support northerner candidate in 2023.
I don't see PDP winning 2023, If you guys decide to put all your egg in one basket in 2023, the same thing that happened in 2015 - 2023 will repeat itself, cos you'll be sideline.

Look at 2019 election, Buhari doesn't even have 60% of SW votes. (Meaning, if Buhari won, we won't be sideline, if atiku won, we won't be sideline)
No sensible person should take this trash you posted seriously.

Even a half-wit should be able to reckon/figure out that things cannot go on indefinitely as Buhari has made it...

You can continue to regale yourself in fantasy...that is your business.

For all intents and purposes, I am proud of we Igbos....We have taken a principled stand on the failure called Buhari...We are not compromising for anything in the world.

In the future, history will be kind to the great Igbo nation for having the circumspection and presence of mind to totally repudiate one of the most incompetent leaders in recent memory.

In the fullness of time, we shall reclaim our pride of place...

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tap0lane:

You sow what you reap. With Ebele Jonathan you reap bountiful while Yoruba n North lamented with buhari you must wail sorrowfully for the entirety of his 8 years. You can direct all. Other complain to hell fire where your likes belong.
North lamented what ? They had speaker and senate president

Tinubu prevented yorubas from having speaker so who do u blame
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Juchii:

I would advise you to leave democracy out of this matter. Democracy is good on paper but impossible to practice it. No country is fully practicing democracy now. This is just pure politics and I don't blame buhari for it.
And to tell you the truth, PDP did the worst, PDP didn't even come to buhari in terms of development in southeast. This just the pure truth. This administration is focusing more on infrastructure and other regions are getting the biggest part of it
Are u high , what are u talking about .. building 100bn naira bridge is what u are talking about ?

Owerri port Harcourt road , owerri onitsha sroad , owerri umuahia road all this are PDP projects from owerri alone
Which project did buhari do in Igbo land bridge ? What again ? Don't even go there
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, in last one month?
you're not Okay.

None of the SW governors are in their 2nd tenure.

Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Lagos are in their 1 yr in office.

Akeredolu performed well in Ondo yet he might not get re elected.
People criticize him very well in Ondo.

Same as Fayemi
Oga Igbo governor's have been dragged even with less than 2 years in office ..hope of imo state is being dragged even ...what are u saying
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by overall90: 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Juchii:

Democracy is not what made them so developed. They just used a good strategy and even before they invented democracy, they always ahead of others.
And for your point, you are blinded by hate, so I can't explain more things to you. It is a waste of time because you have made your stand clear

you are just a confused impostor masquerading as an Igbo.
you are even saying that Buhari should not be blamed.lol
what strategy did the Western countries use?by developing some areas why neglecting others.so if i am blinded by hate,what is Buhari blinded with?Love!
you know in your heart that what Buhari is doing is not good but you created this topic to bait Igbos for the usual bashing but we have told you people severally that we are not expecting anything from Buhari government.is that too difficult to comprehend?
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by fulanimafia: 1:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

You're yet to outline what your "justified" insults on other regions have gained you so far.

Biafra?
Referendum?
Infrastructural Development?
Political advantage?

Why do you think others don't retort in words and instead action that makes you yell "marginalisation" at every turn?

It is profitable to be wise.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Willink Commission Report Of "1958" / Breaking : Football Betting , Facebook, Lotto And Coupon To Be Banned. / Meet The Man Who Sue God To Court, And See The Judgement Of The Judge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.