Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness (2212 Views)

Why Is Tinubu And His Lieutenants Not Campaigning In Southeast And Southsouth? / Southeast And Southsouth Rejects Sowore Led Revolution / IPOB Heavy Protest Today Shut Down Southeast And South South (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 8:17am On Jun 14, 2020
overall90:

i know you are going to come up with this.lol
firstly,Buhari is not building second Niger bridge.the second Niger bridge is a PPP project started by previous administration.the bridge is going to be tolled,the people who will be using that bridge are going to pay for the cost of construction.the past government paid part of its counterpart funds and when Buhari came,he stopped the project for over two years.this is a bridge linking two geopolitical zones.
the Enugu airport was up graded into international airport when Stella Odua was minister.it was one the airports being remodeled before that administration left.
others like kano,Abuja and Port Harcourt has since been completed.so are you saying that of Enugu should be abandoned for ever?
and what is the plain truth in what op said?
the East is not getting railway and is being excluded from the 22 billion loan because we didn't vote Apc or what?

You guys just like lies.
Stella Odua used the money budgeted for it's upgradement to buy Bulletproof cars or so.
https://www.nairaland.com/3011576/stella-oduahs-fraud-enugu-airport

GEJ did not pay part of anything.
he only paid for the design and preparatory work.
PMB paid for the project and award the contract
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/just-in-fg-awards-n206bn-contract-for-main-work-of-second-niger-bridge/amp/

it's not of your business if it's PPP, no government in the world can fund some capital projects in their country, they will input maybe 40% of the funds.

How is the East excluded from the loan when Lagos - Calabar rail is included in the loan?

or will the train not pass the East?

7 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 8:23am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Even if we didn't get development we were treated as stakeholders not as second class citizens

And what makes u stakeholder, access to loot Not as if u even got a penny from your corrupt leaders smh. It's igbos that treat themselves as second class, with your never ending hate for other tribes and disdain for the country at large nobody will give u a chance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by domDva(m): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2020
If Igbos divide their votes and vote differently, you will say they are not united. If they unite and vote a single party you will say they are putting all eggs in one basket .

What exactly will the Igbos do to satisfy the naysayers ?

Uwa ekwe nmeta !

Sometimes who no like you no like you even if you leak his ass daily.

The only point I agree with is that we should hold our elected officials more accountable to use the little, made available in the current circumstance of hate filled nation to better the lives of the populace.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Area4Area: 8:27am On Jun 14, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
keep your advise in 2023 we will vote for another credible Nigeria from the North unless both PDP and APC field an igbo presidential candidate from South East/South South if not let every Nigerian contest and let the best win .. but we have made our stand very clear we are rooting for a Northern
Others have not started talking and 5 percenters are already chest beating and threatening others already. Go have a seat and wait for 2023 abeg. You think you can scare anyone by shouting who you want to vote for, why not keep it to yourself?
You already know PDP is not giving you anything after slaving for it since 1999, it is APC you've always demonized that you expect mercy from, you can vote for a Ghanaian or Kenyan, nobody cares.

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

And what makes u stakeholder, access to loot Not as if u even got a penny from your corrupt leaders smh. It's igbos that treat themselves as second class, with your never ending hate for other tribes and disdain for the country at large nobody will give u a chance
Unending hate for other tribes ? You yorubas think if u repeat this thing it would come out as truth

Name the tribe igbos hate ?
North ? Yet we voted shagari , yaradua was particularly loved by igbos , atiku was voted by igbos

Yorubas ? Obj enjoyed working with igbos and we in turn supported him

South south ? U know u can't even say that

You yorubas ...name the big Yoruba investment in the north , name your investment in south south .....makinde made money from port Harcourt ...where did he invest the money ?

Igbos hate other tribe and we invest in their land ? But u yorubas that love them only take from them and never invest in their land

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 8:28am On Jun 14, 2020
overall90:

Every objectivity to you people is hatred.
i will like you point out those things Buhari has done for the East.

1.Rehabilitation of Sections 1 to 4 of the Enugu — Port Harcourt Expressway (Sukuk Bond) (ongoing)

2.Rehabilitation of Amansea–Enugu Border section of Onitsha-Enugu Expressway (Sukuk Bond) (ongoing)
3. Rehabilitation of 18km critical stretch of Onitsha–Awka Road (ongoing)
4. Construction of Second Niger Bridge: Completion of design of the Approach Roads from Onitsha and Asaba; Award of Main Construction Contract to Julius Berger; and funding of the project by the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund, PIDF. In August 2018 PIDF paid 33 billion Naira (US$90 million) to Julius Berger for the Second Niger Bridge project. (ongoing)

5. Rehabilitation of Arochukwu–Ohafia–Bende Road (ongoing)
6. Ariaria Market Electrification Project (The Federal Government is implementing its Energizing Economies Programme, which will bring stable and reliable electricity to all the 37,000 shops in Ariaria Market, by providing the Market with a gas-powered IPP) (ongoing)

7. Federal Government’s Energizing Education Programme being implemented in Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, Ebonyi; and Nnamdi Azikwe University — Awka Campus, Anambra. The Programme will provide these Universities with an Independent Power Plant, as well as upgrade existing distribution infrastructure, and also provide street-lighting.
8. Completed Ikot Ekpene — Alaoji — Ugwuaji Switching Station and Transmission Line
9. Construction of Modern Medical Diagnostic Centre at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia (FMCU) (ongoing)
10. Completed Nnamdi Azikiwe Mausoleum (contract originally awarded in 1996, abandoned at various times, Buhari Administration revived the project in 2016, and completed it in 2018).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Bridget95(f): 8:30am On Jun 14, 2020
My friend,it is not the fault of the southeast but the fault of the bad leadership at the federal level.If they say that the southeast is part of Nigeria what stops them from developing the region.what bad politics has the southeast done to warrant the FG to be wicked.It took the five governors series of beging and pleading for FG to commence work at the Airport in Enugu and up till now the repairs is still on for months.we are tired of FG and their wickedness but surly it shall not last long .

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Okoroawusa: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:
The OP said the plain truth.
it obvious some Igbos will not agree with him.

cc: Okoroawusa, Proeast.
Bro no dey call me for this kind matter. Anyhow wey igbos want make we dey for Nigeria make we dey. The time I cared has come n gone.

The op is not the first and he won't be the last to voice such concerns.

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Area4Area: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

You guys just like lies.
Stella Odua used the money budgeted for it's upgradement to buy Bulletproof cars or so.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/just-in-fg-awards-n206bn-contract-for-main-work-of-second-niger-bridge/amp/

it's not of your business if it's PPP, no government in the world can fund some capital projects in their country, they will input maybe 40% of the funds.

How is the East excluded from the loan when Lagos - Calabar rail is included in the loan?

God bless you abeg for this because you just saved me the time and data to refute his lies one by one, they think everyone has dementia.
Ask him to give a link to his lies and he won't be able to.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Whiteangel1234: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

then their is no need to be ranting if you guys are sideline.

Why ranting?
nobody is ranting .. think beyond 2023 Nigeria will not end with Buhari we shall survive Buhari 8 years 3 more to go.

infact the Yorubas will suffer in the next government because the north will accept our offer of supporting them let me be honest with you my prayer is for APC to zone presidential ticket to Yoruba then the igbos will support a northern in PDP that will kill APC PARTY once and for all

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Unending hate for other tribes ? You yorubas think if u repeat this thing it would come out as truth

Name the tribe igbos hate ?
North ? Yet we voted shagari , yaradua was particularly loved by igbos , atiku was voted by igbos

Yorubas ? Obj enjoyed working with igbos and we in turn supported him

South south ? U know u can't even say that

You yorubas ...name the big Yoruba investment in the north , name your investment in south south .....makinde made money from port Harcourt ...where did he invest the money ?

Igbos hate other tribe and we invest in their land ? But u yorubas that love them only take from them and never invest in their land

First of all I am not Yoruba

Secondly it's true that u voted atiku but that's only because u had no other choice. Infact the first people to oppose atiku/obi was fellow igbos

More importantly, don't claim u invest in other people's land as a sign of love. Truth is igbos are born traders, it has nothing to do with love rather just capitalist hustle for cash. If it's love how come no other tribe is welcomed in the east.

A simply walk thru nairaland will show u the true hateful nature of a typical Igbo. Insulting every other tribe upandan. Yet u still expect these tribes to support your political ambitions.

In my view, the east is still simply stuck in 1970. Unable to move forward or even backward

5 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Area4Area: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

They even hate Igbos in APC and call them all manner of names, if you don't regard yours in APC, how do expect others to regard them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by overall90: 8:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

You guys just like lies.

liar calling somebody liar.lol
so the about 250 million naira bmw saga is the money meant for the Enugu airport and not for Lagos,Kano and Abuja.lols
the same Enugu airport that Ethiopian airlines was already using.
so if Gej paid for only the design,all those pillars and construction equipment that have been in circulation since 2015 is what ?
and if you claim the East is not excluded,what is the basis of this thread and why didn't you dolts shut the up from the beginning rather you all agreed with him,now you have turned full circle to claim that the coastal railway will pass through the SE.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 8:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Bro no dey call me for this kind matter. Anyhow wey igbos want make we dey for Nigeria make we dey. The time I cared has come n gone.

The op is not the first and he won't be the last to voice such concerns.

No p.
just like you, you do objective criticism unlike some.

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by proeast(m): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:
The OP said the plain truth.
it obvious some Igbos will not agree with him.

cc: Okoroawusa, Proeast.

Please I use God beg you, if you must quote me next time, ensure you do so on reasonable and meaningful threads and not this sort of rubbish.

I don't waste my time on useless threads such as this. Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 8:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
nobody is ranting .. think beyond 2023 Nigeria will not end with Buhari we shall survive Buhari 8 years 3 more to go.

infact the Yorubas will suffer in the next government because the north will accept our offer of supporting them let me be honest with you my prayer is for APC to zone presidential ticket to Yoruba then the igbos will support a northern in PDP that will kill APC PARTY once and for all

lol, Guy.
Yorubas were in Opposition from 1960 till 2015.

why isn't that we haven't suffer anything?
rather, we receive developments from federal government more than anything region.

Let me tell you, even if Igbos support northerner and he won.
He'll favor West than East (In terms of receiving developments from FG). Hope you know that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Okoroawusa: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2020
Sammy07:

No p.
just like you, you do objective criticism unlike some.
My people will not listen to me or anyone saying anything different n our pride will not allow us admit that we have made a mistake.

Na odi odi.... Anyhow it wants to be let it be

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Area4Area: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2020
Whiteangel1234:

[b]infact the Yorubas will suffer in the next government because the north will accept our offer of supporting them let me be honest with you my prayer is for APC [/b]to zone presidential ticket to Yoruba then the igbos will support a northern in PDP that will kill APC PARTY once and for all
Look at you already predicting what will happen in 2023 with your 5%, sometimes I feel most nairalanders are still kids who just come here to catch fun.

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2020
overall90:

so the about 250 million naira bmw saga is the money meant for the Enugu airport and not for Lagos,Kano and Abuja.lols
so if Gej paid for only the design,all those pillars and construction equipment that have been in circulation since 2015 is what ?
and if you claim the East is not excluded,what is the basis of this thread and why didn't you dolts shut the up from the beginning rather you all agreed with him,now you have turned full circle to claim that the coastal railway will pass through the SE.

1. Can you give me a link where Stella upgraded Enugu airport to international standard.

2. can you give me pictorial evidence / link that there are pillars or constructions in 2nd Niger Bridge in pre June 2015.

3. The op is Igbo and I'm not igbo, I saw sense in his post, reason why I agree with him. and my conclusion then was that don't put all your eggs in one basket (In 2019, Buhari got less than 60% in west and atiku got around 40+%) meaning either of them should win, it'll a win win for us.
Hope you understand

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Bigmanpickin: 8:45am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Secondly it's true that u voted atiku but that's only because u had no other choice. Infact the first people to oppose atiku/obi was fellow igbos

More importantly, don't claim u invest in other people's land as a sign of love. Truth is igbos are born traders, it has nothing to do with love rather just capitalist hustle for cash. If it's love how come no other tribe is welcomed in the east.

A simply walk thru nairaland will show u the true hateful nature of a typical Igbo. Insulting every other tribe upandan. Yet u still expect these tribes to support your political ambitions.

In my view, the east is still simply stuck in 1970. Unable to move forward or even backward
This is a stupid post take down this disgraceful post now
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Bigmanpickin: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2020
Everybody be forming Jagaban over Igbo's ehn

Igbo's have truly suffered

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Sammy07: 8:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Area4Area:
God bless you abeg for this because you just saved me the time and data to refute his lies one by one, they think everyone has dementia.
Ask him to give a link to his lies and he won't be able to.

Don't mind him jare.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Whiteangel1234: 8:48am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

oga you are the one full of hates for igbos we have no choice ? yet our very own regional party form by Ojukwu APGA have a Presidential candidate ? nawaoo take a look at the mirror you are nothing but an igbo hater .. yes what is the big deal of igbos opposing Atiku Obi ticket ? the oppose for Atiku to choose them rather than obi nah is that one not normal again who no wan be vice president ?smh
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
oga you are the one full of hates for igbos we have no choice ? yet our very own regional party form by Ojukwu APGA have a Presidential candidate ? nawaoo take a look at the mirror you are nothing but an igbo hater .. yes what is the big deal of igbos opposing Atiku Obi ticket ? the oppose for Atiku to choose them rather than obi nah is that one not normal again who no wan be vice president ?smh

This thing u typed now, does it make sense

1 Like

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Igbos opposed atiku/ obi ticket ? What are u saying even ?

No other tribe is welcome in the east ...n u say u are not Yoruba ? Hausa community in Igbo land is as big as they come , onitsha to aba to enugu most times they have a side of town they own

The u know the amount of akwa ibomites in. Aba or enugu ?

U people just stay and read fairy tales online ...I schooled in unn ...and it's far more easier for a yoruba person to get admission than and Igbo person that's how unn is structured ....some igbos even change our state of origin to get admission

Igbos insult other tribe ? Name the tribe we insult ...if u call telling north the truth insult then sorry for u

The only tribe igbos insult is yorubas and that's because they have shown to hate igbos before we did anything from awolowo
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 8:53am On Jun 14, 2020
Bigmanpickin:
This is a stupid post take down this disgraceful post now

Who is this one. Mtscheew
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Area4Area: 8:57am On Jun 14, 2020
overall90:

Stella only repainted the airport and nothing much done, Ethiopian airline operated from the airport for some time but later stopped.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Bigmanpickin: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Who is this one. Mtscheew
You don't need to know me personally to know that you were not making sense
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by allthingsgood: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

Igbos opposed atiku/ obi ticket ? What are u saying even ?

No other tribe is welcome in the east ...n u say u are not Yoruba ? Hausa community in Igbo land is as big as they come , onitsha to aba to enugu most times they have a side of town they own

The u know the amount of akwa ibomites in. Aba or enugu ?

U people just stay and read fairy tales online ...I schooled in unn ...and it's far more easier for a yoruba person to get admission than and Igbo person that's how unn is structured ....some igbos even change our state of origin to get admission

Igbos insult other tribe ? Name the tribe we insult ...if u call telling north the truth insult then sorry for u

The only tribe igbos insult is yorubas and that's because they have shown to hate igbos before we did anything from awolowo

Lies hausas don't own any property in Igbo land, but igbos love to take over other people's land. That's a fact

Moreso it's not only yorubas u insult. U insult hausas and fulanis. Practically anybody that is not Igbo or even an Igbo that associates with apc is vehemently hated by the east.

Unfortunately, east is the smallest of the three major tribes. Small by numbers, small by land mass, small by gdp. But forments theost trouble

3 Likes

Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 14, 2020
allthingsgood:

Lies hausas don't own any property in Igbo land, but igbos love to take over other people's land. That's a fact

Moreso it's not only yorubas u insult. U insult hausas and fulanis. Practically anybody that is not Igbo or even an Igbo that associates with apc is vehemently hated by the east.

Unfortunately, east is the smallest of the three major tribes. Small by numbers, small by land mass, small by gdp. But forments theost trouble
Hausas don't own any property in Igbo land ? Are u high ?

Igbos love to take over peoples land ? U mean by buying it ? Because igbos have never taken over anyones land by force in our history ...we have never attacked any tribe or invaded another tribe
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by fulanimafia: 9:06am On Jun 14, 2020
Igbochief001:

You claimed you don't insult others, then went ahead to justify your insults. Lol.

So what have your insults gained you so far?

Biafra?
Development?
Much needed political support of those you insult and "tell the truth"?

Besides have you finished telling your looting, kerosene sharing governors the truth? Remove the log in your eye before pointing out the speck in others.

The OP is absolutely on point about your self-marginalisation, but it appears common sense is not common.
Re: A Call For Deep Reflection; Southeast And The Lingering Politics of bitterness by Rodwave: 9:08am On Jun 14, 2020
OdumegwuOjukwu:
I'm not sure it's politics of bitterness as you put it. I think we took a principled stand against the election of the current administration. It came with its consequence. But that's not something to regret. The world is not ending today, and if it does, we have noting to lose.

This is the comment of the century.

You are filled with wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Feed, House And Sew Asoebi For Bokoharm, Then Kill Unarmed Civilians Igbo / See List Of Marriage Items Reportedly Made By A Nigerian Family / South African President, Ramaphosa Reveals Preferred Candidate For WTO DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.