Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,066 members, 7,953,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King (4727 Views)

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini / People Of The Western World Are Slaves Owned By Their King And Governments / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 11:42am On Aug 31, 2020
TAO11:
Hahaha! Shebi you now see why Ogun must kee you — your fatuous lie steaming from your inferiority.

(1) Name me one person in Edo antiquity whose name is “Ogun”. grin cheesy

(2) And tell me the meaning of “Ogun” in Edo language. grin

Lying is one of the reasons why Oranmiyan conquered your people.

Continue lying, shebi our prodigal son (i.e. the Oba of Benin) has brought OPC to deal with you all. grin grin

In summary: Ogun kee you! cheesy grin

Benin wannabe
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 12:35pm On Aug 31, 2020
gregyboy:
Benin wannabe
Hahaha ... See desperate die-hard Yoruba wanna-be playing reverse psychology after attempting to steal Ogun. grin

You still didn’t answer the question:

Who in Edo’s antiquity goes by the name Ogun?? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2020
TAO11:
Hahaha ... See desperate die-hard Yoruba wanna-be playing reverse psychology after attempting to steal Ogun.

You still didn’t answer the question:

Who in Edo’s antiquity goes by the name Ogun??

We dont bear nsmes of idols you fool, our names are proverbial names,

Edo wannabe,

Sometimes i decide not to reply you or not to reply early to avoid unecessary talks, but you my friend you would find ways to push me to talk just for me to endup humiliate you

The next thing from you would be, the idols were never ours that's why we dont bear their names

Am waiting for you to take that stance so I will further disgrace you........
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
gregyboy:
We dont bear nsmes of idols you fool, our names are proverbial names
Now “Ogun” is a mere iDoL after I exposed your cultural theivery. cheesy Omo Olè grin

Well, to continue educating you as part of my public service, I did NOT ask you to name me a modern (or historical) Edo person who was named after this deity, you fraud. grin

Rather, I asked you the opposite — that is: you should name me the first person in Edo antiquity to bear the name “Ogun” after whom the deity was then named.

The rule is simple: If it began with you, then it must have an indigenous history in your Edo society. cheesy

So, who was this personage “Ogun” in Edo’s antiquity who then became deified??

What is the meaning of his name in Edo language if “Ogun” is indeed Edo as you have attempted to steal. grin cheesy

Edo wannabe,
How would I wanna be one of those whom I ruled since circa 1200 till date and forever?? grin cheesy

I am your master, you are my slave. Have your forgotten so quick??

Sometimes i decide not to reply you or not to reply early to avoid unecessary talks, but you my friend you would find ways to push me to talk just for me to endup humiliate you
Rants of a dying slave are not to be refuted. It is self-refuting. grin

The next thing from you would be, the idols were never ours that's why we dont bear their names
Your deceptive and scared Edo nature is kicking in already with your attempt to twist my question. grin cheesy

My question was NEVER about whether or not Edo people today bear the names of these deities — No my actual question is quite the opposite, you fraud. grin

My question to you is: Who was the supposed original Edo bearer of this name in Edo’s antiquity before the subsequent deification of the name??

You obviously have no answer for this question because Ogun is simply another evidence of Ife’s early colonization of the Edo nation.

Am waiting for you to take that stance so I will further disgrace you........
What yeye stance are you talking about?? cheesy

“Ogun” didn’t begin as an Edo deity for the simple reason that there was no such Edo history of its beginning among the Edo people. Provide any Edo evidence of such history if it exists, I dare you! cheesy

On the contrary, the name “Ogun” began with the early Yoruba king of Ife who after his death became deified.

“Ogun“ has no history or meaning indigenous to Edo societies.

In other words, it was imposed on you all by your master — the Yorubas. Stop stealing! cheesy grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
TAO11:
Now “Ogun” is a mere iDoL after I exposed your cultural theivery. cheesy Omo Olè grin

Well, to continue educating you as part of my public service, I did NOT ask you to name me a modern (or historical) Edo person who was named after this deity, you fraud. grin

Rather, I asked you the opposite — that is: you should name me the first person in Edo antiquity to bear the name “Ogun” after whom the deity was then named.

The rule is simple: If it began with you, then it must have an indigenous history in your Edo society. cheesy

What is the meaning of his name in Edo language if “Ogun” is indeed Edo as you have attempted to steal. grin cheesy

How would I wanna be one of those whom I ruled since circa 1200 till date and forever?? grin cheesy

Your deceptive and scared Edo nature is kicking in already with your attempt to twist my question. grin cheesy

My question was NEVER about whether or not Edo people today bear the names of these deities — No my actual question is quite the opposite, you fraud. grin

My question to you is: Who was the supposed original Edo bearer of this name in Edo’s antiquity before the subsequent deification of the name??

You obviously have no answer for this question because Ogun is simply another evidence of Ife’s early colonization of the Edo nation.

“Ogun” didn’t begin as an Edo deity for the simple reason that there was no such Edo history of its beginning among the Edo people. Provide any Edo evidence of such history if it exists, I dare you! cheesy

On the contrary, the name “Ogun” began with the early Yoruba king of Ife who after his death became deified.

In other words, it was imposed on you all by your master — the Yorubas. Stop stealing! cheesy grin

I would reply this in my spear time,

You made a fool of yourself with those comments am coming for your heax

And again reduce d writeups u monkey

Edo wannabe
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
gregyboy:
I would reply this in my spear time
Is this a way of saying you would never ever reply?? grin

Because there is no such thing in this context as ”spear time” cheesy

Olodo Edo boy cheesy

You made a fool of yourself with those comments am coming for your heax
Is this another way of saying you’re not coming for anything but simply blowing hot air after disgrace as usual. grin

Because there is no such thing in this context as ”heax”. cheesy

Olodo Edo boy. grin

And again reduce d writeups u monkey
Why does this sound so much like: My Oga, please reduce the flogging! Abi you wan spoil my life?? grin

By the way, it is the Edos (men and women) who roam the streets stark nak3d in as recent as the late 1890s/early 1900s, NOT Yorubas. So you now know who the monkeys are. See HERE for a reminder.

Edo wannabe
A slave alleging that his master wants to be like him. Such slave will never be freed. grin

13 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2020
TAO11:

You're running mouth you forget you're replying gregyboy, i dont have your time now,

Go and do research more

And stop parading decite to people that ife is oghene,

Am coming for your neck and this comment at my spare time
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
gregyboy:
[s]You're running mouth you forget you're replying gregyboy, i dont have your time now,
Go and do research more
And stop parading decite to people that ife is oghene,
Am coming for your neck and this comment at my spare time[/s]
No matter how far you think you can run away, remember you’re my slave and as such I will always find you, catch you, and flog you almost to death.

You can run, but you can’t hide. cheesy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / Is Sex Before Marriage A New Culture In Nigeria Or What?? / (Picture) Prince Abdul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi Is The New OLUWO Of Iwoland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.