Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,208 members, 7,953,767 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King (4728 Views)

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini / People Of The Western World Are Slaves Owned By Their King And Governments / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Ife kingdom started existing after samuel johson brought it to life

I dont deal with tears.

I deal with proof. grin

Bring your proof so I can flog you to death.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

See ovean of tears. grin

Yes, throw out all the Benin aRtIcLeS that says he is the last Ooni. cheesy

Having said that, see below:

(1) Your everlasting enslavement to the Yoruba-Kings of Benin Kingdom.

(2) The homage of Benin Kingdom to its overlord -- mYtHiCaL Ife. 

Mumu... Lol

You just love talking or probably love having talks with guys for your festish sexual urge
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Mumu... Lol

You just love talking or probably love having talks with guys for your festish sexual urge[/s]

Like I said, evidence is what I ask for.

I didn't ask you to flood my mention with tears. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

Like I said, evidence is what I ask for.

I didn't ask you to flood my mention with tears. grin

When did oduduwa rule

Answer this question thats were my evidence lies
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

When did oduduwa rule

Answer this question thats were my evidence lies

(1) Began in about the late-10th century A.D.

I have answered you on this again and again.

You keep going in circles.

Now I am your evidence! grin

(2) Also, waiting for your proof that S. Johnson created/founded Ife. grin cheesy

Anyways, always remeber the following:

(A) Your everlasting enslavement to the Yoruba-Kings of Benin Kingdom.

(B) The homage of Benin Kingdom to its overlord -- mYtHiCaL Ife.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 8:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

(1) Began in about the late-10th century A.D.

I have answered you on this again and again.

You keep going in circles.

Now I am your evidence! grin

(2) Also, waiting for your proof that S. Johnson created/founded Ife. grin cheesy

Anyways, always remeber the following:

And he founded 60million people just under a thousand years how did he do it did he bring people from heaven ...........

You too mumu......

Go one corner go hear yourself you too mumu
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

And he founded 60million people just under a thousand years how did he do it did he bring people from heaven ...........

You too mumu......

Go one corner go hear yourself you too mumu

(1) Nobody said he gave birth to his own parents and ancestors. grin

Attach your evidence if you insist otherwise. cheesy

I will force sense into your thick skull. grin

(2) I thought you had anything that looks like evidence to flog you with.

Invest your time into history books instead of Edo blogs. cheesy

Having said that:
I am waiting on your proof that S. Johnson created/founded Ife.  

Also, always have the following in mind:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

(1) Nobody said he gave birth to his own parents and ancestors. grin

Attach your evidence if you insist otherwise. cheesy

I will force sense into your thick skull. grin

(2) I thought you had anything that looks like evidence to flog you with.

Invest your time into history books instead of Edo blogs. cheesy

Bro, we are talking of oduduwa here
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Bro, we are talking of oduduwa here

Where did I say we're talking of Ogiso Igodo? grin

Having said that:

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

Where did I say we're talking of Ogiso Igodo?

Having said that:

It is not possible just under one thousand years
One ancestor produced 60milon population

Samuel johnson wrote on the history of yorubas
After the yoruba civil war, inother to unite the yorubas he traced them into one ancestory to ife
At first the yorubas refused the one ancestory made up by Samuel Johnson fiction of one ancestory, but later had to accept it for thier various reasons even till date the Ijebus still voice out. they are not yorubas and that they didn't come from ife or any oduduwa

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 10:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:
It is not possible just under one thousand years. One ancestor produced 60milon population.
Oduduwa had ancestors and contemporaries, in case you you're wondering that he was his own parents, married himself, and gave birth alone to his child, and ruled as king over Okanbi only. grin

Samuel johnson wrote on the history of yorubas After the yoruba civil war, inother to unite the yorubas he traced them into one ancestory to ife. At first the yorubas refused the one ancestory made up by Samuel Johnson fiction of one ancestory, but later had to accept it for thier various reasons.
Can you name the page number to the statement where he said he was only trying to falsely unite the Yorubas to Ife.

In fact to de-cloud you, the Johnsonian hypothesis does not claim Ife is the root or origin of the Yorubas.

even till date the Ijebus still voice out. they are not yorubas and that they didn't come from ife or any oduduwa

Nope, that's false! grin The Ijebus do not say that. Rather, only one king (the reigning one) of only one Ijebu kingdom (IjebuOde) says that.

All the other innumerable Ijebu kingdoms assert Ife as their origin.

Even IjebuOde itself has its traditional account (centuries before the reigning monarch) claiming Ife origin.

But, guess what Oba S.K. Adetona is no historian. He is trained as an accountant.

He is only attempting to align with the Johnsonian hypothesis. The revered monarch is alone (+ you with him tho). grin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having said that, I am waiting on your proof that S. Johnson created/founded Ife.  

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2020
TAO11:

Oduduwa had ancestors and contemporaries, in case you you're wondering that he was his own parents, married himself, and gave birth alone to his child, and ruled as king over Okanbi only. grin

Can you name the page number to the statement where he said he was only trying to falsely unite the Yorubas to Ife.

In fact to de-cloud you, the Johnsonian hypothesis does not claim Ife is the root or origin of the Yorubas.

Nope, that's false! grin The Ijebus do not say that. Rather, only one king (the reigning one) of only one Ijebu kingdom (IjebuOde) says that.

All the other innumerable Ijebu kingdoms assert Ife as their origin.

Even IjebuOde itself has its traditional account (centuries before the reigning monarch) claiming Ife origin.

But, guess what Oba S.K. Adetona is no historian. He is trained as an accountant.

He is only attempting to align with the Johnsonian hypothesis. The revered monarch is alone (+ you with him tho). grin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having said that, I am waiting on your proof that S. Johnson created/founded Ife.  

. Funny fellow he samuel johnson the yoruba origin to oduduwa who migrated from egypt and settled at ife

Am not discussing oduduwa extended families with you because according to the myth he was the only onne who arrived ife, so we are discussing oduduwa and his children who founded new states according to the myth
just under a thousand years his descendants had a population of 60million, get sense it will take millions of centuries to have that population, if oduduwa had existed he should have lived not less than over a thousand of centuries ago

When i keep telling you oduduwa is a myth believe me when i say it
. Tracing them to one Ancestor was a work of fiction done by Samuel Johnson and there was never a time ife or oduduwa overlorded the yoruba communities

In samuel johnson book all yorubas were direct descendant from oduduwa including benin the third to the last born, and oromiyan who happend to be the last, was never mentioned by Samuel Johnson to have ventured into his eldest brother territory i.e benin

I know you want to satisfy your ego claiming oba of benin as a yoruba descent lol..... In other to overide the shaming edos are giving to the yoruba people

Anyway even if we have to argue on the myth made by
Oba eweka 11.he made it known that ekaladeran who had escaped to ife was crowned king and ruled ife as his kingdom

So we should believe you instead of the king of ijebu because you are what a nairaland historian

You love talking..... It keeps you busy, even when you dont have a point you still want to talk, i know you already

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
gregyboy:
Funny fellow he samuel johnson the yoruba origin to oduduwa who migrated from egypt and settled at ife
What an interesting u-turn?! grin

You had said: Ife was the origin or root according to S. Johnson.

But then suddenly: Egypt was the origin according to S. Johnson.

What has suddenly changed?

Anyways, you're allowed to make up your mind before your next comment.

Moreover, do you still hold on to your ret@rded comment that S. Johnson was simply falsely uniting the Yorubas to Ife (or Egypt)??

And if you still do, then I still stand on seeing his page reference from where you read that he said he was only trying to falsely unite the Yorubas to Ife (or Egypt).

Or did you simply make this up again as usual? Lol.

Am not discussing oduduwa familues with you rather is descendants under a short period a thousand years it descendants had a population of 60million,
You must be the dvmbest thing that has happened to the Edo-group. grin

Did you just say you're not discussing Oduduwa families but only his descendants?? grin

How again do descendants come about without families? Only in Edoland I guess. Lol.

In a way, I like the fact that you're not smart. Otherwise, you would have since realized your mess. grin

For the umpteenth time, Oduduwa was not the only human being living in Ife.

He had contemporaries whom he ruled over. He had ancestors and parents. Gosh!

get sense it will take millions of centuries to have that population oduduwa if he had existed lived millions of centuries ago
First of all, the whole of humanity past is only some 200,000 years old even according to science. [I thought I should leave this here as a side note to educate you on your repeated yapping of millions of centuries for only Yorubas]. grin

Now to your interesting Oduduwa who had no ancestors, no parents, no contemporaries, no potential in-laws to marry from, no wife, no children, but somehow with descendants: grin

If I go by this kind of "Oduduwa" (which lives rent-free only in your plastic Edo head), then I am inclined to conclude that such "Oduduwa" will not even have any (Yoruba) 'descndants' even if he lives for quadrillions of centuries. Hahaha! grin

When keep telling you oduduwa is a myth believe me
No that's not how it works in the real-world of sanity.

In the real-world of sanity, we don't "believe" others just because they've 'opened their mouths to talk'.

No! Instead, we agree with peoples' assertions when they prove what they say. You get the difference between our world and yours? Lol.

However, I must admit that the only exception to this is the Benin Kingdom where when the Yoruba-Oba of Benin talks, you Edo slave-subjects must nod along screaming out your lungs saying: "Oba gha to kpere"! grin

No proof is required there. cheesy

Tracing them to one Ancestor was a work of fiction by Samuel Johnson
I am still patiently waiting for the page number of Johnson's statement from where you read that he wrote that Yoruba traditions before him never claimed common origin.

Or did you just make this up again as usual? Lol.

and there was never a time ife or oduduwa overlord the yoruba communities
This too must be an interesting read. (mocking laughter). grin

You should always remeber to carry your evidence alongside your claims. This is Tao you're talking to remember. I am not an Edo. (mocking laughter). grin

In samuel johnson book all yorubas were direct descendant from oduduwa including benin the third to the last and oromiyan who happend to be the last, he never mentioned oromiyan venturing into his eldest brother territory i. e. benin
First of all, no where does S. Johnson mention in his book that "all Yorubas were direct descendants from Oduduwa". Arm yourself with the relevant page number(s) if you must insist.

Secondly, in his listing of descendant Kingdoms from Oduduwa's, S. Johnson did not mention Oranmiyan (Oranyan) as Oduduwa's son. Again, if you must insist otherwise, then do so with your page number.

Lastly, the account of S. Johnson whereby he treated the King of Benin as one of the brother-princes from Ife have no root in Yoruba traditional accounts.

However, a little bit of reading reveals the source of this tradition which S. Johnson incorporated into his "The History". This account is from the Binis themselves.

The Binis themselves told Captain Roupell that "the [Edos] sent to Ife, in the Yoruba country for a King. [And] Eweka was sent to them".

On the conrary to this early, forced (but confused) desperate attachment to the Yorubas -- by the Binis -- the repeatedly consistent account of the Yorubas is that Eweka is Oranmiyan's son (born on Edo soil) who became the first King of Benin.

I will be overstating the obvious to say that you're an unteachable illiterate

I know you want to satisfy your ego that oba of benin is yoruba lol..... In other to overide the shaming edos are giving to the yoruba people
The only shame I see here is on your Edo people.

They kept insisting to the Europeans that their Oba's ancestor is from Ife.

The Binin palace also admitted to Gallwey that all the Edo people are honoured to be considered and treated as slaves by these Benin Kings whose ancestors hail from Ife.

Anyway even if we have to argue on myth
Oba eweka 11 made it known ekaladeran who escaped to ife was crown king and ruled ife as his kingdom
First of all, Oba EwekaII did not make any such nonsensical statement about your dead-beat Ekaladerhan.

Rather, Oba EwekaII informed H.L. Ward-Price in the 1920s that his Lord & God -- "Oghene" (in the flesh) -- is a 'Yoruba' King who lives in Ife even in the 1920s.

However, I understand that this Ekaladerhan thing is the genesis of all Edo pains and misery on Nairaland.

You all have been in pain from the day 1 that I've demonstrated how the attempted equation of Ekaladerhan as Oduduwa (by intimidated Edos in the 70s) is regarded in academia as an interesting nonsense. grin

Since then, you all have been fighting tooth and nail to pull a "we are going down together" stunt. LMAO.

Nope! No one is joining you in you gutter. Enjoy the sewage alone.

After all, I didn't force your people to publish a fabricated account in the 70s out of inferiority complex.

So we should believe you instead of the king of ijebu because you are what a nairaland historian.
No where did I ask you to "beleive" me. This is not a religious discource. Lol.
I am only educating you to know what you didn't know. grin

(1) There are several (almost innumerable) Ijebu Kingdoms, not one.

(2) IjebuOde is only one of all these several Ijebu Kingdoms.

(3) All the Ijebu Kingdoms assert their ancient traditional accounts which recognizes Ife as the origin of their respective kingdoms.

(4) The only exception to these traditional account of Ife origin is NOT even IjebuOde.

(5) IjebuOde's traditional account also asserts Ife as its origin.

(6) The only exception then is the currently reigning monarch of IjebuOde.

(7) In fact, before this monarch was born, the ancient account of IjebuOde's IFE roots have been published into writing by the indigenous D.O. Epega in the year 1919. grin

[s]You love talking..... It keeps you busy, even when you dont have a point you still want to talk, i know you already.[/s]
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2020
TAO11:

Moreover, do you still hold on to your ret@rded comment that S. Johnson was simply falsely uniting the Yorubas to Ife (or Egypt)??

And if you still do, then I still stand on seeing his page reference from where you read that he said he was only trying to falsely unite the Yorubas to Ife (or Egypt).

Did you just say you're not discussing Oduduwa families but only his descendants?? grin

How again do descendants come about without families? Only in Edoland I guess. Lol.

In a way, I like the fact that you're not smart. Otherwise, you would have since realized your mess. grin

First of all, the whole of humanity past is only some 200,000 years old even according to science. [I thought I should leave this here as a side note to educate you on your repeated yapping of millions of centuries for only Yorubas]. grin

Now to your interesting Oduduwa who had no ancestors, no parents, no contemporaries, no potential in-laws to marry from, no wife, no children, but somehow with descendants: grin

If I go by this kind of "Oduduwa" (which lives rent-free only in your plastic Edo head), then I am inclined to conclude that such "Oduduwa" will not even have any (Yoruba) 'descndants' even if he lives for quadrillions of centuries. Hahaha! grin

In the real-world of sanity, we don't "believe" others just because they've 'opened their mouths to talk'.

No! Instead, we agree with peoples' assertions when they prove what they say. You get the difference between our world and yours? Lol.

However, I must admit that the only exception to this is the Benin Kingdom where when the Yoruba-Oba of Benin talks, you Edo slave-subjects must nod along screaming out your lungs saying: "Oba gha to kpere"! grin

I am still patiently waiting for the page number of Johnson's statement from where you read that he wrote that Yoruba traditions before him never claimed common origin.

You should always remeber to carry your evidence alongside your claims. This is Tao you're talking to remember. I am not an Edo. (mocking laughter). grin

First of all, no where does S. Johnson mention in his book that "all Yorubas were direct descendants from Oduduwa". Arm yourself with the relevant page number(s) if you must insist.

Secondly, in his listing of descendant Kingdoms from Oduduwa's, S. Johnson did not mention Oranmiyan (Oranyan) as Oduduwa's son. Again, if you must insist otherwise, then do so with your page number.

Lastly, the account of S. Johnson whereby he treated the King of Benin as one of the brother-princes from Ife have no root in Yoruba traditional accounts.

However, a little bit of reading reveals the source of this tradition which S. Johnson incorporated into his "The History". This account is from the Binis themselves.

The Binis themselves told Captain Roupell that "the [Edos] sent to Ife, in the Yoruba country for a King. [And] Eweka was sent to them".

On the conrary to this early, forced (but confused) desperate attachment to the Yorubas -- by the Binis -- the repeatedly consistent account of the Yorubas is that Eweka is Oranmiyan's son (born on Edo soil) who became the first King of Benin.

The Binin palace also admitted to Gallwey that all the Edo people are honoured to be considered and treated as slaves by these Benin Kings whose ancestors hail from Ife.

First of all, Oba EwekaII did not make any such nonsensical statement about your dead-beat Ekaladerhan.

Rather, Oba EwekaII informed H.L. Ward-Price in the 1920s that his Lord & God -- "Oghene" (in the flesh) -- is a 'Yoruba' King who lives in Ife even in the 1920s.

However, I understand that this Ekaladerhan thing is the genesis of all Edo pains and misery on Nairaland.

You all have been in pain from the day 1 that I've demonstrated how the attempted equation of Ekaladerhan as Oduduwa (by intimidated Edos in the 70s) is regarded in academia as an interesting nonsense. grin

Since then, you all have been fighting tooth and nail to pull a "we are going down together" stunt. LMAO.

After all, I didn't force your people to publish a fabricated account in the 70s out of inferiority complex.

(3) All the Ijebu Kingdoms assert their ancient traditional accounts which recognizes Ife as the origin of their respective kingdoms.

(4) The only exception to these traditional account of Ife origin is NOT even IjebuOde.

(7) In fact, before this monarch was born, the ancient account of IjebuOde's IFE roots have been published into writing by the indigenous D.O. Epega in the year 1919. grin

grin

. I didnt read keep it short.......

Oduduwa was a diety if he had existed, which is unlikely, it was only for the ife people who had wprshiped him alone...... Yoruba historical account made it know
Ife had no autonomy within the various yorubas
Tribes

Oba has been in the yorubas lexicon since the time of oba ewuare 15c when he conquered into the yorubas territories

Modified : i have read what you wrote, your brothers cried on your behalf to, please learn to keep your write up short...
I will respond to all what you have written in due time, am currently busy.... But i will drop this

TAO11 present me the account of oba eweka11 story of benin-ife connection

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by babtoundey(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:

. I didnt read keep it short.......

Please do. That Tao post is called "combative finishing". If you read it, you will vex efface your moniker from the face of Nairaland.

Tao11 yaf finished you!

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
babtoundey:

Please do. That Tao post is called "combative finishing". If you read it, you will vex efface your moniker from the face of Nairaland.

Tao11 yaf finished you!

You want to cry on her behalf again.... Lol
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 1:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
TAO11:

grin

If you request for pdf i will gladly give you, while compelling the list of kings at 1897 Roupell's was never wrote down any account of oromiyan existence if truely he was told

Egharevba works acknowledge the fact he personally seeked the help of ishekhure as his informat, but the list of kings from ishekhure came out different from that of egharevba even when egharevba took information from him
Egharevba went to add the imaginary oromiyan

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by babtoundey(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol. O ya, face front. Don't let me add salt to your injury.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by babtoundey(m): 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol. O ya, face front. Don't let me add salt to your injury.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2020
babtoundey:

Lol.
O ya, face front. Don't let me add salt to your injury.

I want you to add,........ Even if i have to be scared not from the spineless tribe called yorubas

Bunch of weaklings
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by babtoundey(m): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:

I want you to add,........ Even if i have to be scared not from the spineless tribe called yorubas

Bunch of weaklings

Lol..
The same weaklings that have been making you curse your entire generations, wishing they were not dubious, unreasonable and daft to have sold you and your heritage to... (You know those men. You can fill in the gap)

Oranmiyan brainwashed you
Portuguese enslaved you
Awo colonised you
Tao is colonising you (makes you loathe your existence)

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:
I didnt read
Make sure to do so at your best convinience.

keep it short.......
Well, you may break it down to one word per day if that helps.

But remeber that your fellow Edo-slaves will be disappointed to see that you simply made noise and then ran away. grin

Oduduwa was a diety
Yes, all distinguished Yoruba personages and leaders (including Alaafin Shango) are deified and admitted into the Yoruba pantheon after their deaths.

Maybe you meant to say he was never a human being.

Well, if that's what you meant, then you know what to do -- evidence. grin

if he had existed it was only for the ife people who had wprshiped him alone......
What an interesting u-turn from "he never existed" to "if he existed". grin Are you trying to impress me that you aren't an un-teachable illiterate?? grin

Well, regarding your statement "only ... the Ife people ... worshipped [Oduduwa]", this is blatantly false because even the Benin court continues to worship Oduduwa as a honor to the "paternal ancestors" of Benin Kings. grin grin

If you're in doubt, then ask Benin traditions through the "Art Institute of Chicago". https://archive.artic.edu/benin/rituals/ grin cheesy

Yoruba historical account made it know
Ife had no autonomy within the various yorubas
Tribes
Which YoRuBa hIsToRiCaL aCcOuNt?? grin grin

Why are you pretending to be someone who can completely read even a 3-pager. I am not even yet talking about understanding what was read yet?? grin

'Ordinary' the few words of Nairaland comment is a lifetime hustle for you. Lol.

Anyways, I will be waiting for your nollywoodYoRuBa hIsToRiCaL aCcOuNt. grin grin

Oba has been in the yorubas lexicon since the time of oba ewuare 15c when he conquered into the yorubas territories
I noticed you have shifted, over time, from a full blown lie (such as Yoruba never had the word "Oba" before 19XX) to an half truth (such as Yoruba had the word "Oba", but ...). grin

I am not sure whether or not to regard your shift here as an improvement (after much schooling from me).

Moreover, are you trying to pretend that the word "Oba" even exists in the Edo language. No it doesn't, and you have been exposed to this already even under your "Edeyoung" moniker. grin

The closest Edo word to the Yoruba word "Oba" is the word "N'oba".

And this Edo word has absolutely nothing to do with "kingship", "monarchy", "rulership", etc.

Regarding the word "conquered", you have once admitted that nothing of such ever happened anywhere. You truthfully admitted that it was only an imagination in the head of your Edo fore-parents.

But I cam still vividly 'recollect' how Benin Kingdom was raped at different times by different Yoruba sub-groups -- Aje's group from Ibadan, Ogedengbe's group from Ilesha just to mention a few.

Wait! Are we even going to pretend like EwuareI existed?? /s.

Didn't Captain Roupell's records already prove to you and davidnaaze that Ewuare (just like some others) is only an audio-Oba of Benin?? /s grin

Modified : i have read what you wrote, your brothers cried on your behalf to
You must be really terrible at reading emotions. babtoundey was only being nice enough to give you a befitting funeral. Hahaha.

But you're such an unappreciative buffoon. Hahaha.

please learn to keep your write up short..
Reading shouldn't be any problem to you 'na'. Remeber you're a potential international referent. 'Don't fall your international followers' hands na'.

Anyways, you can reply to one word per day. That also is allowed. grin

I will respond to all what you have written in due time, am currently busy.... But i will drop this
Yes you will respond after "1÷0" days of preparation. grin

Anyways, everyone knows that 'dead' people don't reply. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
TAO11:
Make sure to do so at your best convinience.

Well, you may break it down to one word per day if tou wish.

But remeber that your fellow Edo-slaves will be disappointed to see that you simply made noise and then ran away. grin

Yes, all distinguished Yoruba personages and leaders (including Alaafin Shango) are deified and admitted into the Yoruba pantheon after their deaths.

Maybe you meant to say he was never a human being.

Well, if that's what you meant, then you know what to do -- evidence. grin

What an interesting u-turn from "he never existed" to "if he existed". grin Are you trying to impress me that you aren't an un-teachable illiterate?? grin

Well, regarding your statement "only ... the Ife people ... worshipped [Oduduwa]", this is blatantly false because even the Benin court continues to worship Oduduwa as a honor to the "paternal ancestors" of Benin Kings. grin grin

If you're in doubt, then ask Benin traditions through the "Art Institute of Chicago". https://archive.artic.edu/benin/rituals/ grin cheesy

Which YoRuBa hIsToRiCaL aCcOuNt?? grin grin

Why are you pretending to be someone who can completely read even a 3-pager. I am not even yet talking about understanding what was read yet?? grin

'Ordinary' the few words of Nairaland comment is a lifetime hustle for you. Lol.

Anyways, I will be waiting for your nollywoodYoRuBa hIsToRiCaL aCcOuNt. grin grin

I noticed you have shifted, over time, from a full blown lie (such as Yoruba never had the word "Oba" before 19XX) to an half truth (such as Yoruba had the word "Oba", but ...). grin

I am not sure whether or not to regard your shift here as an improvement (after much schooling from me).

Moreover, are you trying to pretend that the word "Oba" even exists in the Edo language. No it doesn't, and you have been exposed to this already even under your "Edeyoung" moniker. grin

The closest Edo word to the Yoruba word "Oba" is the word "N'oba".

And this Edo word has absolutely nothing to do with "kingship", "monarchy", "rulership", etc.

Regarding the word "conquered", you have once admitted that nothing of such ever happened anywhere. You truthfully admitted that it was only an imagination in the head of your Edo fore-parents.

But I cam still vividly 'recollect' how Benin Kingdom was raped at different times by different Yoruba sub-groups -- Aje's group from Ibadan, Ogedengbe's group from Ilesha just to mention a few.

Wait! Are we even going to pretend like EwuareI existed?? /s.

Didn't Captain Roupell's records already prove to you and davidnaaze that Ewuare (just like some others) is only an audio-Oba of Benin?? /s grin

Modified : i have read what you wrote, your brothers cried on your behalf to You must be really terrible at reading emotions. babtoundey was only being nice enough to give you a befitting funeral. Hahaha.

But you're such an unappreciative buffoon. Hahaha.

please learn to keep your write up short.. Reading shouldn't be any problem to you 'na'. Remeber you're a potential international referent. 'Don't fall your international followers' hands na'.

Anyways, you can reply to one word per day. That also is allowed. grin

I will respond to all what you have written in due time, am currently busy.... But i will drop this Yes you will respond after "1÷0" days of preparation. grin

Anyways, everyone knows that 'dead' people don't respond. Hahaha

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny fellow he samuel johnson the yoruba origin to oduduwa who migrated from egypt and settled at ife What an interesting u-turn?! grin

Am not discussing oduduwa familues with you rather is descendants under a short period a thousand years it descendants had a population of 60million, You must be the dvmbest thing that has happened to the Edo-group. grin

Did you just say you're not discussing Oduduwa's families but only his descendants?? grin

get sense it will take millions of centuries to have that population oduduwa if he had existed lived millions of centuries ago First of all, the whole of humanity past is only some 200,000 years old even according to science. [I thought I should leave this here as a side note to educate you on your repeated yapping of millions of centuries for only Yorubas]. grin

When keep telling you oduduwa is a myth believe me No that's not how it works in the real-world of sanity.

Tracing them to one Ancestor was a work of fiction by Samuel Johnson I am still patiently waiting for the page number of Johnson's statement from where you read that he wrote that Yoruba traditions before him never claimed common origin.

and there was never a time ife or oduduwa overlord the yoruba communities This too must be an interesting read. (mocking laughter). grin

In samuel johnson book all yorubas were direct descendant from oduduwa including benin the third to the last and oromiyan who happend to be the last, he never mentioned oromiyan venturing into his eldest brother territory i. e. benin First of all, no where does S. Johnson mention in his book that "all Yorubas were direct descendants from Oduduwa". Arm yourself with the relevant page number(s) if you must insist.

I know you want to satisfy your ego that oba of benin is yoruba lol..... In other to overide the shaming edos are giving to the yoruba people The only shame I see here is on your Edo people.

Anyway even if we have to argue on myth
Oba eweka 11 made it known ekaladeran who escaped to ife was crown king and ruled ife as his kingdom First of all, Oba EwekaII did not make any such nonsensical statement about your dead-beat Ekaladerhan.

So we should believe you instead of the king of ijebu because you are what a nairaland historian. No where did I ask you to "beleive" me. This is not a religious discource. Lol.

[s]You love talking..... It keeps you busy, even when you dont have a point you still want to talk, i know you already.[/s]
grin

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
babtoundey:

Lol..
The same weaklings that have been making you curse your entire generations, wishing they were not dubious, unreasonable and daft to have sold you and your heritage to... (You know those men. You can fill in the gap)

Oranmiyan brainwashed you
Portuguese enslaved you
Awo colonised you
[s]Tao is colonising you (makes you loathe your existence)[/s]

Nigga what are talking about.....

Bro i dont blame our oba for anything you dummy samuel johson started the fairytale story
Our oba got vexed after the rumor began spreading that benin was one of oduduwa descendants, oba eweka refuted the rumor given by Samuel johson with his own version of the story of ekaladeran who happens to b a benin prince Nicknamed oduduwa who ruled ife

I dont know what is spinning in your head

Oromiyan was a myth according to the inventor s. J he never ventured to benin....

So what is revolving in your head......

Weaklings that you are.......

Spit on the yorubas enslaved tribe, dahomey female warriors raised you petty kingdom called oyo ablaze and sacked her king

The Fulanis keeps ruling you all till date

See the mumu osinbajo hidding under the armpits of buhari, oshimole will do better than the short dwarfy vp

History records the influence on benin on the whole yoruba tribe, we displaced you all from your towns and removed your heads for our gods

Umogun gha to kpere ise!!!
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by babtoundey(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:

Nigga what are talking about.....

Bro i dont blame our oba for anything you dummy samuel johson started the fairytale story
Our oba got vexed after the rumor began spreading that benin was one of oduduwa descendants, oba eweka refuted the rumor given by Samuel johson with his own version of the story of ekaladeran who happens to b a benin prince Nicknamed oduduwa who ruled ife

I dont know what is spinning in your head

Oromiyan was a myth according to the inventor s. J he never ventured to benin....

So what is revolving in your head......

Weaklings that you are.......

Spit on the yorubas enslaved tribe, dahomey female warriors raised you petty kingdom called oyo ablaze and sacked her king

The Fulanis keeps ruling you all till date

See the mumu osinbajo hidding under the armpits of buhari, oshimole will do better than the short dwarfy vp

History records the influence on benin on the whole yoruba tribe, we displaced you all from your towns and removed your heads for our gods

Umogun gha to kpere ise!!!

This your post shows you've been crying all your life. I can't help your predicament. It's either you drop your bitterness for the chosen nation or you end up being a worthless and brainless nicocomp that you are

And should I bring bring you your own posts where you blame your past and present miseries and generational plagues on your ancestors? You are a worthless and an incurable liar.

Osinbajo too gives you tumor. it has always been so and forever it will be. Osinbajo is only a dwarf in height, the height of his success
and intelligence beat what your entire generations (dead and alive) can amount to.

Oranmiyan colonised you
Portuguese brainwashed you
Awolowo colonised you
Tao daily flogs sense into your dead cranium

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
babtoundey:

This your post shows you've been crying all your life. I can't help your predicament. It's either you drop your bitterness for the chosen nation or you end up being a worthless and brainless nicocomp that you are

And should I bring bring you your own posts where you blame your past and present miseries and generational plagues on your ancestors? You are a worthless and an incurable liar.

Osinbajo too gives you tumor. it has always been so and forever it will be. Osinbajo is only a dwarf in height, the height of his success
and intelligence beat what your entire generations (dead and alive) can amount to.

Oranmiyan colonised you
Awolowo colonised you

Lol...

I MADE SOME HYPOTHESIS IN THE PAST, THAT SHOULD BE LEFT AS ONE
YOU BRINGING IT HERE MEANS YOU STILL LEAVE IN THE PAST..... INDEED YOU'RE BELIEVING ODUDUWA'S MYTH THO,

NOW I HAVE MADE MY THEORY, YOU BETTER START LEAVING IN THE PRESENT

LOL..... MY ANCESTORS WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO CONQUERED OWO... LOL

UMOGUN GHA TO KPERE ISE!!!!
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:
If you request for pdf i will gladly give you
First of all, do you really beleive that your fellow Edo Nairalanders are so dumb that they will think you've addresed my comment just because you quoted it with some irrelevant and unrelated attachments?? grin

Edos must be really dvmb from this evidence of what you think of about them.

Now to addressing your irrelevances, while my actual comment itself still await you:

I had all those lists long, long before you could learn to understand the difference between a "book" and a "journal article". grin

So, it is pointless sending me a pdf of what I already have in different early versions such as Roth(1903), Bradbury(1959), etc.

while compelling the list of kings at 1897 Roupell's was never wrote down any account of oromiyan existence if truely he was told
(1) According to Yoruba traditions till date, Oranmiyan never ruled as King (Oba) in Benin.

Yoruba accounts mantain the he simply organized the new polity and instructed your ancestors to install his son, Eweka as king -- first Oba.

Eweka therefore became the progenitor of Benin's Oba dynasty.

(2) For the Edos, on the other hand, your elders are still struggling till date with the confusion of identifying who their first king was -- Oranmiyan, or his son Eweka.

This confusion also played out embarrassingly during the 2016 coronation of EwuareII -- who was crowed 40th Oba instead of 39th Oba. LMAO

I am sure the Ooni of Ife and other Yoruba monarchs must have had the best laughter of their life during the embarrasing pronouncement of confusion. grin cheesy

(3) In the light of this, I am not sure why you think Roupell's mention of Eweka as the first Oba of Benin is some point against Yoruba. Lol.

No! grin The first name on Roupell's king list agrees perfectly with Yoruba traditional accounts.

On the other hand, this first name on Roupell's list is a big embarrassment to Benin traditions as they can not agree (from the beginning till date) on who was their first Benin King. LMAO!!

(4) However, you seem to be threading the path of dumbness as usual, by weirdly remarking that the absense of a name from Roupell's list means the same thing as the non-existence of the bearer of such name.

In that case, consider the following non-existent audio-Obas of Benin:

Ehenmihen, Edoni, Udagbedo, Egbeka, Orobiru, Uwaifokun, Ewuare, Akenzae, Akengboi, Akenkpaye, Ore-Oghene, Ozuere, and Ogbebo.

How did the Edos (and their rulers) manage to get themselves trapped into this mess of audio kings?? grin

Egharevba works acknowledge the fact he personally seeked the help of ishekhure as his informat, but the list of kings from ishekhure came out different from that of egharevba even when egharevba took information from him Egharevba went to add the imaginary oromiyan
[You can't even spell Esekhurhe. Are you sure you're not an Igbo working hard for Ogiamen in order to tarnish the image of the Benin Oba?? grin That's by the way though]

(1) First of all, contrary to what I already see that you're thinking, please note that "Esekhurhe" is not someone's personal name. LMAO grin cheesy

(2) Esekhurhe is a priesthood title for those who are dedicated to sacrificing to past Benin Obas during the annual Ugigun rites. Their duties also includes memorizing the dynastic list.

(3) In fact, Egharevba truly did make it clear that his list here (which has Oranmiyan as the first Benin King) was from an Esekhure.

(4) However, another Esekhure from another generation after Egharevba's generation gave the last list here which has Eweka as the first Benin King.

(5) This again further buttresses my point that the Edos are deeply drunk with confusion as regards who their first King is.

They can't tell their first King even within the Esekhure priesthood of just one generation apart.

So, no one should blame the reigning EwuareII for being so confused and jumpy from 38 to 40.

The confusion among the Edos/Binis didn't start with him. grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
babtoundey:

Oranmiyan colonised you
Awolowo colonised you

This is too much. You may be charged for murder if care is not taken.

I won't say more than this.
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 5:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:

gregyboy is so dry and empty right now. I kind of feel some pity for you poor boy!

Anyways, how does your attachment of "pre-Contents" page and "Contents" page address any of the problems I have heaped for you?? grin

In fact, you must explain how all your numerous attachments address any of the problems already heaped for you.

All I have for you right now is nothing but pity. embarassed cheesy

You seem too sure that your fellow Edos are so dumb, for thinking they will accept your unrelated and irrelevant attachments as replies. grin cheesy

Benin Kingdom is sinking. You can't afford to be sleeping at this moment gregyboy.

Wake up and save Benin Kingdom from my destructive grip! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:

TAO11 present me the account of oba eweka11 story of benin-ife connection

I am just seeing this now. You chipped it in quitely sometimes later for fear that I may address it.

Anywyas, the reference to Oba EwekaII's account informing H.L. Ward-Price that he must pray every day at dawn (just after the first rays of the rising sun) to his own Lord & God (in human flesh) who lives in Ife can be seen in the following:

H.L. Ward-Price, Dark Subjects (London, 1939), p.238.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2020
gregyboy:
... LOL..... MY ANCESTORS WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO CONQUERED OWO... LOL
Do you have to lie to pet yourself to bed tonight?? Lol.

Owo is known historically to have slaughtered Benin Kingdom on separate ocassions.

I think you should educate yourself on the death of Iken, the Benin military commander against Owo. grin

UMOGUN GHA TO KPERE ISE!!!!
No you should say "Abieyuwa N'Ovbi Odua N'uhe gha to kpere" ... Ise! grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
TAO11:
First of all, do you really beleive that your fellow Edo Nairalanders are so dumb that they will think you've addresed my comment just because you quoted it with some irrelevant and unrelated attachments?? grin

Edos must be really dvmb from this evidence of what you think of your people.

Now to addressing your irrelavnces, while my actual comment itself still await you:

I had all those lists long before you could understand the difference between a "book" and a "journal article". grin

So, it is pointless sending me a pdf of what I already have in different early versions such as Roth(1903), Bradbury(1959), etc.

(1) According to Yoruba traditions till date, Oranmiyan never ruled as King in Benin.

He simply established the new polity and instructed your ancestors to instal his son, Eweka as king -- first Oba.

(2) For the Edos, on the other hand, your parents (and their rulers) are still struggling till date with the confusion of identifying who their first king was -- Oranmiyan, or his son Eweka.

This confusion also played out embarrassingly during the 2016 coronation of EwuareII -- whi was crowed 40th Oba instead of 39th.

I am sure the Ooni of Ife and other Yoruba monarchs must have had a very good laugh that day.

(3) In the light of this, I am not sure why you think Roupell's mention of Eweka as the first Oba is some point against Yoruba. Lol.

No! grin That agrees perfectly with Yoruba traditional accounts, while it embarrasses the Benin accounts which could not agree (from the beginning till date) on who was their first Benin King. LMAO!!

(4) However, you seem to be threading the path of dumbness as usual, by weirdly remarking that the absense of a name from Roupell's list means the same thing as the non-existence of the bearer of such name.

In that case, consider the following non-existent audio-Obas of Benin:

Ehenmihen, Edoni, Udagbedo, Egbeka, Orobiru, Uwaifokun, Ewuare, Akenzae, Akengboi, Akenkpaye, Ore-Oghene, Ozuere, and Ogbebo.

How did the Edos (and their rulers) manage to get themselves trapped into this mess of audio kings?? grin

[You can't even spell Esekhurhe. Are you sure you're not an Igbo working hard to tarnish the image of the Benin Oba?? That's by the way]

(1) First of all, contrary to what I already see that you're thinking, please note that "Esekhurhe" is not someone's personal name. LMAO grin cheesy

(2) Esekhurhe is a priesthood title for those who are dedicated to sacrificing to past Benin Obas during the annual Ugigun rites. Their duties also included memorizing the dynastic list.

(3) In fact, Egharevba truly did make it clear that his list here (which has Oranmiyan as the first Benin King) was from an Esekhure.

(4) However, another Esekhure from another generation after Egharevba's gave the last list which has Eweka as the first Benin King.

(5) This buttresses my point that the Edos are deeply drunk with confusion as regards who their first King is. They can't tell even within the Esekhure priesthood of just one generation apart.

So, no one should blame the reigning EwuareII for being confused and jumping from 38 to 40. The confusion among the Edos didn't start today. grin cheesy

You talk too much........ Almost everything that occupied that write up was irrelevant

Seriously wtf.... We were discussing oduduwa existence not benin-ife relationships

You know the needful if you want to argue benin-ife connection

Oduduwa couldn't have existed one thousand years ago to give a population of 60milon

Samul Johnson didnt talk about oduduwas relatives, neither did he mention the fact oduduwa meant followers at his arrival according to samuel johnson accounts he probably meant virgin settlement at his arrival

but that shouldn't concern us, because oduduwa is a myth......

Seriously if we began to fill the potholes from the myth we will keep filling and filling

Oduduwa existence was a myth it was not possible for him to have lived a thousand years ago and descendants which are 60 million today that is if we are to bindly agree he existed

Benin ife connection never existed....period

TAO11 madam know know how did you know ishekurhe from my screenshot was the later one after egharevba

If you want to debate me on benin - ife connection come with document or archeological evidence prior from 1475 to 1897

How did you know Roupell's was told at all about oromiyan and he decided to skip it, please do we benins, a favour to show us Roupell's intentionally skiped oromiyan off the king list because he wasnt a ruler....... Atleast he should have noted it somwhere

If youcan find it then you have won, i will start calling our oba a Yoruba man because the document of Roupell's falls in between my time range

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's Most Feared Masquerades, Names And Photos / Sex In The Dream( Wet Dream) Always A Day Before Interviews/ Great Promise / (Picture) Prince Abdul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi Is The New OLUWO Of Iwoland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 260
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.