Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King (4334 Views)

Lagos Belongs To Us – The Bini / People Of The Western World Are Slaves Owned By Their King And Governments / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO12: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
gregyboy:

(1) Yes, your pdf is correct. There are many dialects of the Yoruba language. That is already well-known. I am schocked that you consider that to be news.

(2) Having said that, Erediauwa said that Benin was founded by its first Oba whom he said was given birth to by the Supreme God Almighty as his last-born son  > 

But he forgot to mention the name of God's wife whom this mythical founder was born through.

MythicalBenin -- first made-up by Erediauwa
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO12: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
gregyboy:

(1) Yes, your pdf is correct. There are many dialects of the Yoruba language. That is already well-known. I am schocked that you consider that to be news.

(2) Having said that, Erediauwa said that Benin was founded by its first Oba whom he said was given birth to by the Supreme God Almighty as his last-born son. 

But he forgot to mention the name of God's wife whom this mythical founder was born through.

MythicalBenin -- first made-up by Erediauwa

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO12: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
"The royal right of abuse seems to have survived to the last days, for Gallwey (p. 129) mentions that “the Benin people ... are treated as slaves by the king, the title of king's slave being considered an honour." We have seen above that for different reasons ... the mass of the people were practically slaves to the king, ..."

cc: gregyboy
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by davidnazee: 3:38am On Jun 19, 2020
Emperordynasty:
I don't support the worship of a man in anyway...but I love the way the Benins show respect to their king and it also shows that values and respect is ingrained in their nature as people...

But why does TAO12 want to kill herself over this fact...
First you blindly made a claim that your yo.robber people brought the mornachy to Benin,and that the oba sees his subjects as slave....how does this you stupid claim affect the topic..

Why do you tribalistic idiots always go about to insult the cultures of others and when you get blasted you say that "they are attacking yorubas".

Why does anything Benin give you heart attack misses TAO12...I so much dispise your irritating behaviour....if you don't like the post just get the hell out of the thread...

Great Benin Kingdom conquered and displaced her Awori tribe in Lagos, subjugating them for over 300 years.. that is the reason for her pain and frustration at anything Benin.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by davidnazee: 3:40am On Jun 19, 2020
TAO12:

I
But in any case:

Thank you for continuing to admit the fact that you (as an Edo) are a slave (by default) to the Yoruba-Oba of Benin. grin

Thank you for admitting the fact that he is not one of you -- that is, for admitting that he simply came, saw, and conquered

So you mean it was the Yoruba Oba of Benin that conquered your Awori tribe in Eko?
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 6:49am On Jun 19, 2020
davidnazee:

So you mean it was the Yoruba Oba of Benin that conquered your Awori tribe in Eko?

Her pain is not of this world she so twisted the eko story just to remove the fact that benin conquered eko, and she came up with peaceful infiltration.... Lol even when Etinosa1234 bartered her with proof of conquest.....
This yorubas are using the mythical ife story to satisfy thier ego.... Which i wont allow

They were slaves to benins, they were use as sacrifice by the benins

Let them hang themselves if they cant accept the past....the more she continues trolling the more i expose thier rubbish history
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO12: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
davidnazee:
Great Benin Kingdom conquered and displaced her Awori tribe in Lagos, subjugating them for over 300 years.. that is the reason for her pain and frustration at anything Benin.

davidnazee:

On the imagined cOnQuEsT:

(1) One of your slave-bretheren (gayboy) admitted that it existed only in the imagination of your Edo fore-parents.

(2) Another of your slave-bretheren (Etinosa) pretended to have evidence until he was so squashed that he had to flee for dear life.

(3) But in your own case, you strongly belief in the ret@rded idea that empty repitition = proof. grin

You're obviously the dumbest of all the aforementioned slaves. You eventually overtook gayboy in ret@rdation. grin

Anyways, enjoy the following words in the meantime:
"The royal right of abuse seems to have survived to the last days, for Gallwey (p. 129) mentions that “the Benin people ... are treated as slaves by the king, the title of king's slave being considered an honour." We have seen above that for different reasons ... the mass of the people were practically slaves to the king, ..."

gregyboy, you haven't answered my question: Ife, according to you is mYtHiCaL (whatever that means), yet all the Obas of Benin -- including the reigning EwuareII -- pay homage to Ife on their respective ascensions.

Does this not prove that all the Obas of Benin are schizophreniac?? grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO12:

(1) One of your slave-bretheren (gayboy) admitted that it existed only in the imagination of your Edo fore-parents.

(2) Another of your slave-bretheren (Etinosa) pretended to have evidence until he was so squashed that he had to flee for dear life.

(3) But in your own case, you strongly belief in the ret@rded idea that empty repitition = proof. grin

You're obviously the dumbest of all the aforementioned slaves. You eventually overtook gayboy in ret@rdation. grin

gregyboy, you haven't answered my question: Ife, according to you is mYtHiCaL (whatever that means), yet all the Obas of Benin -- including the reigning EwuareII -- pay homage to Ife on their respective ascensions.

Does this not prove that all the Obas of Benin are schizophreniac?? grin cheesy grin

Sleeping...... You're bored and restless no one got your time,......
Same argument we binis have trashed is what you want to talk about...... Youre pained you lost even with your lies..... Lol

When you got something new i will know but now you're just pained

You need sleep

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO12: 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]Sleeping...... You're bored and restless no one got your time,......
Same argument we binis have trashed is what you want to talk about...... Youre pained you lost even with your lies..... Lol

When you got something new i will know but now you're just pained

You need sleep[/s]

I thought you had a reply.

Not knowing it's just tears as usual. grin

Enjoy the following:

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO12:

I thought you had a reply.

Not knowing it's just tears as usual. grin

I bet you get some sexual urge while arguing with guys, i dont know why you wont take a break or even have this discussion with your fello gender

Even when you have lost an argument
You're restless
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO12: 4:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

[s]I bet you get some sexual urge while arguing with guys, i dont know why you wont take a break or even have this discussion with your fello gender. Even when you have lost an argument
You're restless[/s]

More tears is all I see again.

No single reply to any of my points. grin

In the meantime, enjoy the following:

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by davidnazee: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO12:

Your futile attempts at always deflecting to Edo people relationship with their Oba whenever I bring up the wicked conquest of the Aworis (your tribe) by the naked Edo warriors is evidence of your shame and frustration (and admission) for what the Aworis suffered from Benin. You can never run from the truth. Benin Kingdom of the Edo people conquered, displaced, dispersed and ruled the Aworis (Tao12 tribe) for 3 centuries.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by davidnazee: 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO12:

D

Here is a bit of your history since it’s already obvious that you don’t know your history..

Lagos history is Awori history..
Benin Kingdom shaped Lagos history..
Benin Kingdom shaped Awori history..

You can’t keep deceiving yourself.

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO12: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]Your futile attempts at always deflecting to Edo people relationship with their Oba whenever I bring up the wicked conquest of the Aworis (your tribe) by the naked Edo warriors is evidence of your shame and frustration (and admission) for what the Aworis suffered from Benin. You can never run from the truth. Benin Kingdom of the Edo people conquered, displaced, dispersed and ruled the Aworis (Tao12 tribe) for 3 centuries.[/s]

I appreciate your desperation as a Lagosian wanna-be. grin

But guess what, you've tried this screen-shot with me before, and I flogged you almost to death into seeing that it does not agree with the eye-witness account of Ulsheimer himself. cheesy

Your anonymous screenshot speaks of the 1603 conflict in Lagos as a Benin attempt to conquer, settle-in, and take Lagos.

Whereas, the 1603 eyewitness account of Ulsheimer himself shows that the Binis had settled in Lagos long, long before this 1603 conflict.

I am sorry to have broken your heart again on your last hope of becoming a Lagosian. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 6:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]Here is a bit of your history since it’s already obvious that you don’t know your history..

You can’t keep deceiving yourself[/s].

Read attached below, oh ye student of Edo-blogs. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by ayoola27: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

Read attached below, oh ye student of Edo-blogs. grin
Lol...16th century and 1603 ain't the same
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
ayoola27:

Lol...16th century and 1603 ain't the same

Of course. Lol. What's your point??

You bungled again as always. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by ayoola27: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
davidnazee:

Here is a bit of your history since it’s already obvious that you don’t know your history..

You can’t keep deceiving yourself.

Bro what's the name of ur article
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 6:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
ayoola27:

Bro what's the name of ur article

Osarome..com grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by ayoola27: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

Of course. Lol. What's your point??

You bungled again as always. grin grin

Lol...what I meant was that there is no mention of 1603 relating with oba orhorgbua in ur article...I love reading ur posts..but i must say there are inconsistencies in ur posts
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
ayoola27:

[s]Lol...what I meant was that there is no mention of 1603 relating with oba orhorgbua in ur article...I love reading ur posts..but i must say there are inconsistencies in ur posts[/s]

I never posted any article with the year 1603.

Check whom you're mentioning while you're calm.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by davidnazee: 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO12:

I appreciate your desperation as a Lagosian wanna-be. grin

But guess what, you've tried this screen-shot with me before, and I flogged you almost to death into seeing that it does not agree with the eye-witness account of Ulsheimer himself. cheesy

Your anonymous screenshot speaks of the 1603 conflict in Lagos as a Benin attempt to conquer, settle-in, and take Lagos.

Whereas, the 1603 eyewitness account of Ulsheimer himself shows that the Binis had settled in Lagos long, long before this 1603 conflict.

I am sorry to have broken your heart again on your last hope of becoming a Lagosian. grin

It’s only in your weak universe conquest and subjugation means peaceful negotiations and free servitude.. that’s why you see Ulshiemer accounts of being a witness and part of the campaign to conquer and totally destroy a dissident Awori (your tribe) settlement as peace talk.

And because you are a dummy that’s why you fail to understand from Ulshiemer’s account, Benin had long conquered and was fully and firmly in control of Lagos, he described it as a colony fully in control and governed by Benin administrators when he visited (not as a place Benin was trying to conquer and settle in like you foolishly claim)..

The campaign Ulshiemer participated in was a campaign to quell an Awori agitation by the Aworis (Awori life matters lol).. these Aworis were seen as dissidents and their town was obliterated by the Benin Army..

I know you won’t be able to understand any of these and will see it as friends playing together.. but truth is Benin Kingdom shaped Awori (your tribe) history.. you cannot read Awori history without a large part of it dedicated to Great Benin Kingdom and it’s conquest and rule of Aworis and Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by davidnazee: 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

Osarome..com grin cheesy

It’s https://osarome..com/2015/08/historical-facts-about-lagos-eko.html?m=1

read it and learn more about your history lost child..
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by davidnazee: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
davidnazee:
[s]It’s only in your weak universe conquest and subjugation means peaceful negotiations and free servitude.. that’s why you see Ulshiemer accounts of being a witness and part of the campaign to conquer and totally destroy a dissident Awori (your tribe) settlement as peace talk.

And because you are a dummy that’s why you fail to understand from Ulshiemer’s account, Benin had long conquered and was fully and firmly in control of Lagos, he described it as a colony fully in control and governed by Benin administrators when he visited (not as a place Benin was trying to conquer and settle in like you foolishly claim)..

The campaign Ulshiemer participated in was a campaign to quell an Awori agitation by the Aworis (Awori life matters lol).. these Aworis were seen as dissidents and their town was obliterated by the Benin Army..

I know you won’t be able to understand any of these and will see it as friends playing together.. but truth is Benin Kingdom shaped Awori (your tribe) history.. you cannot read Awori history without a large part of it dedicated to Great Benin Kingdom and it’s conquest and rule of Aworis and Lagos.[/s]

Tears again as always. Not one shred of evidence or proof.

(A) You've suddenly said good-bye to your long-held Benin tears of (1) "1603 conquest".

(B) And now you've suddenly welcomed your latest revisionist claim of "conquest long before 1603"

Guess what! Even with this u-turn, it's even much more difficult for you to find any thing that looks like evidence or proof even remotely. grin

Anyways, I'd give you enough time to make up your mind to decide if you're still interested in your 180° u-turn, or you're returning to your old way. grin

You must be so shaky by now, hoping to be almost set to become a Lagosian. grin

But guess what, "Repitition is not Proof" thick-skull. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
davidnazee:

[s]It’shttps://osarome..com/2015/08/historical-facts-about-lagos-eko.html?m=1

read it and learn more about your history lost child..[/s]

(1) Edo slave passing off Edo blogs as academic material on history. grin cheesy

(2) Your Oba died in 1578, yet -- in your plastic mind -- he is the founder of Dahomey Kingdom (1625)

(3) No wonder you are thick-skulled. grin Desperate Lagosian wanna-be. Shame!

(4) You better strive to be regarded as a free-born, even in your Edo state. grin

I spit on every Edo-slave of the Yoruba-Oba of Benin Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
TAO11:

(1) Edo slave passing off Edo blogs as academic material on history. grin cheesy

(2) Your Oba died in 1578, yet -- in your plastic mind -- he is the founder of Dahomey Kingdom (1625)

(3) No wonder you are thick-skulled. grin Desperate Lagosian wanna-be. Shame!

(4) You better strive to be regarded as a free-born, even in your Edo state. grin

I spit on every Edo-slave of the Yoruba-Oba of Benin Kingdom.

Ife kingdom never existed wake up from samuel johson book

Oduduwa was a diety and he never existed

Ekalderhan died at ughoton

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:
Ife kingdom never existed wake up from samuel johson book

Ife Kingdom exists and still exist. grin

Oduduwa was a diety and he never existed
Oduduwa is the first Ooni of Ife to whom the present Ife monarchy traces back to.

He ultimately became deified and admitted into the Yoruba-pantheon.

Ekalderhan died at ughoton
I am not sure why you think I care whatever happened to your Ekaladerhan. grin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your attachment is correct that there are diverse Yoruba sub-groups.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said that, I am not sure how this helps you to resolve the folowing issues:

(1) Your everlasting enslavement to the Yoruba-Kings of Benin Kingdom.

(2) The homage of Benin Kingdom to its overlord -- mYtHiCaL Ife. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=TAO11 post=90853635][/quote]

Mumu girl....

Oduduwa is the first ooni.... Lol so we should throw out other articles that thinks oduduwa was not the first ooni

At what century did oduduwa rule
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by gregyboy(m): 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=TAO11 post=90853635][/quote]

Ife kingdom started existing after samuel johson brought it to life
Re: Why Do The Bini So Love And Respect Thier Oba Unlike Other Tribe Do 2 Their King by TAO11(f): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Mumu girl....

Oduduwa is the first ooni.... Lol so we should throw out other articles that thinks oduduwa was not the first ooni .At what century did oduduwa rule

See ocean of tears. grin

Yes, throw out all the Benin aRtIcLeS that say he is the last Ooni. cheesy

Having said that, see below:

(1) Your everlasting enslavement to the Yoruba-Kings of Benin Kingdom.

(2) The homage of Benin Kingdom to its overlord -- mYtHiCaL Ife.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lisabi Festival: Celebration Of Egbaland’s Rich Cultural Heritage / Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum / When We Ruled - The Glories Of Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.