Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,607 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech (31470 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by romeo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
English language is just another language, not a big thing folks.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2011
I am surprised how many pages this is already, sad sad sad

What are we arguing about? Nigeria's first lady can't reading her own speech, oh wow sad sad sad
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ayigbo: 3:43pm On Jan 29, 2011
All she needs do is improve-get intense tutelage on English language appreciation and delivery.Her grasp of English language delivery is woefully poor.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2011
Power belong to God,it is God that promote human being to whatever level one can ever dream or think, at the same time there is no human that does'nt have their own area of strength and weaknesses, i ask all this funny guys with all your grammer and books,phds can contest and win as a common councilor in their own respective ward i swear non or has ever near or sleep in state government guest house before, i swear again non! grin beside i know  this kind of amibo usually comes from ghetto cause they do not know how to make good use of their time,whoever you are, you do not have any right to insult our first lady be contended with your english speaking wife in your one room face me i face.with all your grammer and phds tell me how many borehole,scholarships you've been able to give to your communitynon. i challenge every one hear let all upload their GCE result let see what we got in English laug grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Navi(m): 5:34pm On Jan 29, 2011
speech is not actually d issue here, d basic thing is +actions and our 1st lady n her husband are 100 % in +actions.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by skyenoor: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2011
Greetings, the video wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Earlier on today I was listening to a speech given by the Nigerian Minister of Women Affairs and, truth be told, I could not see the difference in the delivery of both speeches. It isn't about education because even lettered home-based Nigerians aren't so eloquent when they speak either. I don't think it's about the accent either. Afterall, Nelson Mandela speaks with a thick accent, but it is always a beauty to listen to him. Do they need elocution lessons?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Iykolysis: 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2011
No big deal, Patience Jonathan has never claimed to be a diploma/degree holder. She made it clear that she had SSCE. So accept her honest disposition and believe in her Women for Change initiative. Highly oratory First Ladies in the past, "what did thay achieve?"
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by sley4life(m): 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2011
Leave her alone. U pple commenting do u knw how to read ur own speech
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
What are all these dumb a$$e$$ doing in Nairaland? Guess you guys have not heard of speech impediment or you guys think that speech impediment is only when someone is dumb? Normal people can as well suffer from it, it has nothing to do with IQ or anything. It is possible that might be her case. So lazy a$$$$$ should stop making fun of her and go get a life.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2011
woodcook:

What are all these dumb a$$e$$ doing in Nairaland? Guess you guys have not heard of speech impediment or you guys think that speech impediment is only when someone is dumb? Normal people can as well suffer from it, it has nothing to do with IQ or anything. It is possible that might be her case. So lazy a$$$$$ should stop making fun of her and go get a life.
yeah you are damn right. I don't why some people are very dumb. I can't believe the things people are saying. Gosh what sort of education do you think she had? why are Nigerians like this? bashing your own, its a pity. For a woman who did not get the best of secondary education yet she summons courage to speak in public and what do you guys do to this brave woman who refuses to be in a cocoon because of her vocals? you mock her shamelessly . She has come out the way she is and the fact that she is not afraid of giving a speech should tell you she is ready to learn afterall which one of us is perfect? Shame onto you who thinks the president should get another wife. just something for you all to ponder on : You all are Nigerians yet look what you have done, you have made the wife of the president a laughing stock how will you feel if it were non Nigerians saying this? would you not have come to her aid? or i guess not *sighs*
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2011
woodcook:

See how smart you sound, what do you know is called speech impediment? Please research before displaying in public how intelligent you are. Speech impediment is a “DISORDER” just like other disorders, it can be diagnosed with symptoms and has its own treatment which compliment with therapy. I don’t know how many people “Normal people” have such kind of disorders that you talk about; perhaps you are one of them. On that note, Mrs. Jonathan “DOES NOT” have a history of disorders so please know your Sh%h very well before talking. Her inability to deliver a speech is nothing short of awful and sure has nothing to do with impediment
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Natasha,

Laughing stock? Please save us the emotions; perhaps we might need some other time. Every leader particularly those elected not appointed to power are often criticized. Even nongovernmental leaders have been critiqued; this is same reason holding Nigeria back. We often take negative feedback wrongly, she delivered her speech in an unfavorably manner; while some don’t have issues with it, others do and it’s called a negative feedback. The moment we begin to accept negative feedback and improve on them, people would begin to see from a different perspective.  For the record, not everyone who went to high school, college, and even graduate school know how to read well. Just like few people have said, reading or perhaps speech delivery is an art, and an art is something you practice, and learn and eventually master it.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 8:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
manny4life:

@Natasha,

Laughing stock? Please save us the emotions; perhaps we might need some other time. Every leader particularly those elected not appointed to power are often criticized. Even nongovernmental leaders have been critiqued; this is same reason holding Nigeria back. We often take negative feedback wrongly, she delivered her speech in an unfavorably manner; while some don’t have issues with it, others do and it’s called a negative feedback. The moment we begin to accept negative feedback and improve on them, people would begin to see from a different perspective.  For the record, not everyone who went to high school, college, and even graduate school know how to read well. Just like few people have said, reading or perhaps speech delivery is an art, and an art is something you practice, and learn and eventually master it.
Yes she can't speak English so well so what. Is it her fault she is the first lady?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 8:38pm On Jan 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

Yes she can't speak English so well so what. Is it her fault she is the first lady?

Whose fault my dear?

Obj, for imposing a dying president on us all?

Yar'adua, for not waiting until the conclusion of his term to die?

The Senate, for make GEJ president after the death of Umaru?

Tunde Bakare, for hasting the process that made GEJ the President?

The Northern Oligarchy, for not killing GEJ when they had the chance?

The Military, for not overthrowing GEJ?

God, for killing Umaru?

Or, The lazy, clueless, stupidd, corrupt, depressed populace  of Nigeria, who depsite everything they now, would still go ahead an elect this clueless goon as the President of this Gestapo country in the forth-coming s-election exercise?

Please, who is responsible, Natasha?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 8:53pm On Jan 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

No, sorry it's my fault. When people learn multiple languages with ease of time, let alone English, and here you are asking me "is it her fault she cannot speak English well"? She knows English, perhaps, but the problem is communicating that English pattern during speech delivery is her issue.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dame_%28title%29

The title of Dame is the female equivalent of the honour of knighthood in the British honours system (The word 'damehood' is not used). It is also the equivalent form address to 'Sir' for a knight. A woman appointed to the grades of Commander or Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath, Order of St Michael and St George or Royal Victorian Order or Knight of the Order of the British Empire becomes a Dame. Because there is no female equivalent of a Knight Bachelor, women are always appointed to an order of chivalry. Women who are appointed to the Order of the Garter or Order of the Thistle are not given the title of "Dame" but "Lady".

The youngest person to be appointed a dame is Ellen MacArthur.[1] at the age of 28. The oldest was Gwen Ffrangcon-Davies when aged 100.[citation needed]

A number of high profile figures have declined the honour; see a List of people who have declined a British honour

Formerly, the wife of a knight was given the title of Dame before her name, but this usage was replaced by "Lady" during the 17th century.

Quotations

* "It [becoming a dame] means you've got to behave very well. That's very, very boring." Judi Dench [2]

someone give me a COLONIAL MENTALITY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

all ye rushers of gej rice go and bow your empty craniums in shame
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by isalegan2: 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

HAhahahaha

Isale, did that get under your skin?

Meh  ::Shrug::

fstranger1:

This clip from Fela sums it up for all anti-Patience critics, especially Oyb, DK and their fellow one-way goons:

The clip was interesting, but kinda lost me midstream.  Fela talking about appreciating our language and being African.  Overall, enlightening how an artist comes up with ideas.
                                                       - - - - - - - -
Obviously, there's been a lot of comments here and I've expressed my views that the tape was not the embarrassment it is claimed to be.  My analysis is based solely on watching and listening, and nothing about the politics of GEJ or possible allegations made against him or his wife.  That's, speaking for me. 

So, about criticism of the OP CAP28 having colo mentality - not true, quite the opposite.  If you read his posts, you'd know.  He is dogged about issues though.  Yeah, like a dog with a bone.  cheesy 

Gonna have to make that my last contribution to this topic.  Whew!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by adeibi: 10:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
I don't know why I can't watch a video or listen to a song on youtube with my system. It's always screeching, it takes me like one hour to watch or listen to a 5minutes video or song which is not fun at all. At the end I don't understand a thing, What's wrong? Does it also happen to you guys? What can I do to stop it? I also want to watch Dame's speech.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
adeibi:

I don't know why I can't watch a video or listen to a song on youtube with my system. It's always screeching, it takes me like one hour to watch or listen to a 5minutes video or song which is not fun at all. At the end I don't understand a thing, What's wrong? Does it also happen to you guys? What can I do to stop it? I also want to watch Dame's speech.

Its because you are in Nigeria

Youtube doesnt give me that kind of problem. God bless Verizon!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2011
manny4life:

No, sorry it's my fault. When people learn multiple languages with ease of time, let alone English, and here you are asking me "is it her fault she cannot speak English well"?

people are different, there are slow learners and fast learners in case you don't know. moreover didn't science tell you that the brain of a growing child is not the same as the brain of an old woman did it not tell you that kids learn faster?  i know we or at least most of us did oral English in school. i just finished sec school and i know most of my classmates found it very difficult. not only them but some of you who are bashing her i bet if they give some of you 40 questions on test of orals you will fail woefully. don't deny it. If my young vibrant classmates could find oral English difficult at some point what more his old woman who do not even have a solid educational background?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Longlife01(m): 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with her unable to read own speech, since English language is not her first language, Thou i would agree and support to get her a English teacher to learn more on how to read faster, so hates lem em hear a word, !!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Natasha2(f): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2011
fstranger1:

Whose fault my dear?

Obj, for imposing a dying president on us all?

Yar'adua, for not waiting until the conclusion of his term to die?

The Senate, for make GEJ president after the death of Umaru?

Tunde Bakare, for hasting the process that made GEJ the President?

The Northern Oligarchy, for not killing GEJ when they had the chance?

The Military, for not overthrowing GEJ?

God, for killing Umaru?

Or, The lazy, clueless, stupidd, corrupt, depressed populace  of Nigeria, who depsite everything they now, would still go ahead an elect this clueless goon as the President of this Gestapo country in the forth-coming s-election exercise?

Please, who is responsible, Natasha?
[b]IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT shocked shocked shocked[/b] do you think everyone has the opportunity to go to good schools? that's if they go to school at all.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

i don't know and i'm sure you don't. So if you don't know whose fault why blame her? do you think everyone has the opportunity to go to good schools that's if they go to school at all.

Look at my posts, i have no problem with her.

To say, it is not her fault that she became the First Lady is just being disingenuous
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2011
Natasha,,:

people are different, there are slow learners and fast learners in case you don't know. moreover didn't science tell you that the brain of a growing child is not the same as the brain of an old woman did it not tell you that kids learn faster?  i know we or at least most of us did oral English in school. i just finished sec school and i know most of my classmates found it very difficult. not only them but some of you who are bashing her i bet if they give some of you 40 questions on test of orals you will fail woefully. don't deny it. If my young vibrant classmates could find oral English difficult at some point what more his old woman who do not even have a solid educational background?  
I am sure he knows that although who says she does not have a good high school education? That really does not have much bearing on the ability to deliver public speeches on complex topics.
Perfection would only come with  practice and more practice
That is why it is unfair to compare her diction with that of a practising attorney like Michelle Obama who is au fait with preparing and delivering high brow speeches to very well educated audiences.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
dame patience has been in rthe public eye for over 8 years. no way, jose
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by adeibi: 1:20am On Jan 30, 2011
fstranger1:

Its because you are in Nigeria

Youtube doesnt give me that kind of problem. God bless Verizon!

Thank you but I have heard that several times. I just want to know if it happens to others here in 9ja and how do they go about it?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 1:23am On Jan 30, 2011
adeibi:

Thank you but I have heard that several times. I just want to know if it happens to others here in 9ja and how do they go about it?

or you could sneak put of Niaja and then we can live happily forever after in Obodo-oyinbo where internet access doesnt blink!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by adeibi: 1:49am On Jan 30, 2011
fstranger1:

or you could sneak put of Niaja and then we can live happily forever after in Obodo-oyinbo where internet access doesnt blink!

lolzzzzz
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by lastpage: 2:24am On Jan 30, 2011
I say "Dame Jonathan" has put all of you to shame: She was able to "manage and stand by her husband" till he became the President of this country! wink

All you "haters", you will only burst that tiny, congealed pipe in your brain grin

P-L-E-A-S-E, Present your own wife or husband and let us measure them with Dames husband?

Of what use is all your pomp and grammar, when your home is a failure, you have beaten your wife to coma and your husband has run-away from home, due to your nagging and violence? grin grin

Leave dame alone and mind your freaking business or are you just jealous it wasn't YOU??
mtcheeew
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by nex(m): 3:52am On Jan 30, 2011
This is not news. Her husband who claims to be a lecturer reads his speeches like an slowpoke, so what do you expect from the illiterate First Lady.

Abeg, since the office of the First Ladyy is not really recognised by the constitution it should be scrapped for the meantime, unless of course they can hire someone.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by tpia6: 4:20am On Jan 30, 2011
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Theblessed(f): 4:44am On Jan 30, 2011
[b][size=16pt]But, why do people keep stiring up hate on here?  If I should recollect vividly, this issue has resurfaced again, why? If not to show difference and divide us further?  

Is our First Lady the only wife of a President who could not read, use and apply English Language/grammar correctly in the world? 

Again, is English Language our language Can the English themselves speak any of our languages WAAZOOBIA, nko?

All the First Ladies of this world (some Educated and some half Educated) how often do we see them on the World Press Conference givng speech? Everyday? Once in a blue Moon?

Some of them, we don't even see or know what they look like, let alone making speech in public e.g. the Rusian First Lady - Svetlana Medvedev.  How often do you see her in public let alone to make speech in English language? grin grin grin  Is she not a First Lady?

Michelle Obama does make public speech quite often than others obviously, she's used to that because, of her  career in Law and support of Charities in raising Funds for their needs, she is conversant with addressing people in public otherwise, how could she get Companies to support (i.e. part with their money) those Charities she raises money for?

And what about the Japanese, Korean, Isreali, Indian, Chinese etc First Ladies?  Have we ever seen them addressing the World Press?

As you can see buddy it's unimportant, just cool! It doesn't pay stiring up hate and dividing us further, ok!!!
[/size][/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Stop Deceiving Nigerians – Adeyemi Attacks Tinubu / Buhari Tweets For The First Time Since Nigeria Lifted Twitter Ban / CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.