Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech (31466 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers / Photos Of Patience Jonathan Billion Naira Hotel In Yenegoa / Patience Jonathan Yet To Stabilise - Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by bkbabe97y(m): 5:51am On Jan 30, 2011
For the fools amongst you!

1. If English is your Country's "Official" language, then it is your FIRST language! So;

2. Throw that dum*b excuse "English aint my first language" shiyyt in the sewer!

3. The First Lady is, clearly, barely literate!

4. That she read like a dyslexic 6 year old is not the problem, but when she starts off by saying stuff like "HIYAM DIAFORE RAPPY TO BE HIA, TO CONTUNU AWA AFFOCACY . . . . " then, fam : "Abuja, we got a Problem".

When a First Lady decides to mount a podium to give a speech, she is open to criticism! This is not about jealousy (like some have fo*olishly stated) but more about comporting one's self in a "First Lady" like manner when in public. Mrs.Bayelsa Cowboy failed, big time!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^ You're terrible grin grin

@ num. 4, minus the dyslectic display, that's just her accent.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by bkbabe97y(m): 6:18am On Jan 30, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ You're terrible grin grin

@ num. 4, minus the dyslectic display, that's just her accent.

My dear, Ive heard a lot of Nigerian accents in my time (I can even pull off a Ibo one for laughs): THAT WAS NOT A NIGERIAN ACCENT!

Shes just illiterate and cant pronounce words properly, thats all!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 6:32am On Jan 30, 2011
I recall visiting a new school friend I had made as a young kid. I got to his door, knocked and asked for Paul, only to be greeted with a really quizzical stare from his mum, “there is nobody called Paul in this house!”
I wasn’t to be put off by that though and I insisted that “Paul” had pointed this out as his house. . . Still no dice! I argued and described “Paul” until the penny dropped, “oh you mean Keme! Paul is the name he uses in school, his real name is Keme!”

Keme’s name was never good enough for school because his parents were totally brainwashed by “white is right” and they associated education with appearing white and putting on pretentious white airs. All those who never bothered with the content of Patience Jonathans speech, and busied themselves instead with her diction are in the same unfortunate category as Keme’s (AKA Paul) parents.

I have since lost contact with “Paul,” but it isn’t difficult to hazard a guess at what self-esteem issues he has grown up with.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by tpia6: 6:37am On Jan 30, 2011
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 6:45am On Jan 30, 2011
tpia*:

i've listened to the video twice, and i have no problem with her speech.

having a nigerian accent isnt a crime, and it's not everyone who can talk posh.

at least she isnt pretending to be what she's not.

most first ladies around the world do not have an american or british accent.

with time and exposure, her diction will improve.

My sentiments exactly

She did fine, not like the Queen of course, but definitely better than a lot of people

I really do not understand what the hullabaloo is all about.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ykchap(m): 7:22am On Jan 30, 2011
I fink d first lady should be left alone. English lang is a borrowed lang. We should be proud of ours! What we need is a reliable leader that can do the right thing in this country[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by bkbabe97y(m): 7:45am On Jan 30, 2011
adeibi:

don't know why I can't watch a video or listen to a song on youtube with my system. It's always screeching, it takes me like one hour to watch or listen to a 5minutes video or song which is not fun at all. At the end I don't understand a thing, What's wrong? Does it also happen to you guys? What can I do to stop it? I also want to watch Dame's speech.

You need to move to The United States, or;

In the short-term, vote the RIGHT man as President of your country.

And by RIGHT man I DO NOT mean The Bayelsa Cowboy!
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by bkbabe97y(m): 7:48am On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

I recall visiting a new school friend I had made as a young kid. I got to his door, knocked and asked for Paul, only to be greeted with a really quizzical stare from his mum, “there is nobody called Paul in this house!”
I wasn’t to be put off by that though and I insisted that “Paul” had pointed this out as his house. . . Still no dice! I argued and described “Paul” until the penny dropped, “oh you mean Keme! Paul is the name he uses in school, his real name is Keme!”

Keme’s name was never good enough for school because his parents were totally brainwashed by “white is right” and they associated education with appearing white and putting on pretentious white airs. All those who never bothered with the content of Patience Jonathans speech, and busied themselves instead with her diction are in the same unfortunate category as Keme’s (AKA Paul) parents.

I have since lost contact with “Paul,” but it isn’t difficult to hazard a guess at what self-esteem issues he has grown up with.

You, I and Everyone else in the house know that you just LIED! YOU MADE THIS STORY UP!!!

Its all good though, we get the point youre trying to make. . . . . .
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 7:48am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^

Would you buy her the plane ticket?

Let her stay in Nigeria, we getting too much here anyway

I got to lord over some people grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by bkbabe97y(m): 8:03am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^Lol. ROFLMAO^^^
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Orikinla(m): 8:11am On Jan 30, 2011
The truth is Madam Patience Goodluck Jonathan has problems with reading and speaking and everyone who knows the family has been aware of this fact and was even a common joke on and off campus at the University of Port Harcourt where the husband dated a young student who got pregnant for him. Don't blame Madam Patience Goodluck Jonathan, but her husband who has failed to upgrade his wife whose mother is from clan.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 30, 2011
Orikinla:

The truth is Madam Patience Goodluck Jonathan has problems with reading and speaking and everyone who knows the family has been aware of this fact and was even a common joke on and off campus at the University of Port Harcourt where the husband dated a young student who got pregnant for him. Don't blame Madam Patience Goodluck Jonathan, but her husband who has failed to upgrade his wife whose mother is from clan.

please say it aint so

GEJ is loyal to his wife

it says so on his facebook page

or did he know patience wouldn't be able to read what he said?

johnny you write for face book say' u be my lawyer'. i tink say na dokita u be before. when u take lawyer add. ah! this presido sweet o!
abeg make then give me lawyer add to my dame so i go be dame lawyer patience Johnathan
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by ekubear1: 9:06am On Jan 30, 2011
Orikinla:

This Nigeria. . . smh
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by fstranger1: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^^

Don't be surprised

Its part of life in that part of the world
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Rhino5dm: 9:48am On Jan 30, 2011
^^^ i guess Bill Clinton will equally claim loyalty to his wife when cheating on her with Monica, so it also happen that part of the world.
Just saying. . , . . , . .
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Finland(m): 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2011
I dont see anything wrong with her, we all have different capabilities when it come to reading in the public. Should Jonathan divorce her because she reads slow?
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 12:29pm On Jan 30, 2011
Orikinla:

What!!!!

You mean the bolded sentence is common knowledge?

That explains why she's been stealing money like there's no tomorrow - she's probably feathering her nest in anticipation of being replaced by a younger woman.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 12:44pm On Jan 30, 2011
cap28:

What!!!!

You mean the bolded sentence is common knowledge?

That explains why she's been stealing money like there's no tomorrow - she's probably feathering her nest in anticipation of being replaced by a younger woman.

From king of conspiracy theories to rumour monger! Na wa o!
I sitting here really laughing! grin grin grin

E be like say you loff di woman wella! But you have no way to express it, hence the winsh behaviour, lies and bad bele toward another mans wife.
Take heart enh! And keep chasing unmarried women only, it leads to less dissapointment. tongue
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

E be like say you loff di woman wella! But you have no way to express it, hence the winsh behaviour, lies and bad bele toward another mans wife.
Take heart enh! And keep chasing unmarried women only, it leads to less dissapointment. tongue

You see your life! look at the type of people you support, known adulterers, thiefs and illiterates, these are the type of people you bow down to, in a civilised society Jonathan and his wife would have been relegated to the bottom rung of the socio economic ladder because they are the dregs of society, but will your confused sycophantic brain see it ? hell no, my advice to you is this - take your head out from in between GEJ's butt cheeks for just one second and do something you're not used to doing - think logically - then gradually the truth will start seeping into your skull.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by blacksta(m): 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2011
Beaf:

GEJ shi t packer

abeg go back inside - gej has shat again grin -- Your lunch has been served grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by gymer(m): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2011
@ Poster:
Whether you like it or not She is Nigerian's first lady and not that she is going to be. There is nothing anybody in this forum can do about it. This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our sight. Out of the millions of Nigerian women who can speak English even better than the queen of England, God in His infinite wisdom decided to make her our first lady. I thank God for her life. She is like a mother to Nigerians. That she cannot read, write or speak good English does not make a her less a person to occupy that post. Let us always remember that
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by manny4life(m): 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2011
gymer:

@ Poster:
Whether you like it or not She is Nigerian's first lady and not that she is going to be. There is nothing anybody in this forum can do about it. This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our sight. Out of the millions of Nigerian women who can speak English even better than the queen of England, God in His infinite wisdom decided to make her our first lady. I thank God for her life. She is like a mother to Nigerians. That she cannot read, write or speak good English does not make a her less a person to occupy that post. Let us always remember that

Who gives a hoot abt being first lady or not because we know she is one and the deference has been given to her, and no one is fighting over that position with here unless GEJ has other wives if not she will remain No. 1. What we are saying is, she needs to be up to par with her speech delivery because it's plain awful. It's your kind of mentality that has held Nigeria backward, Nigeria's official language is ENGLISH, and until that has changed, you need to learn English. She doesn't have to be educated with a Ph.D like her husband, and that's one wrong mentality we often have as Nigerians; we need to be educated with high degrees to speak well. That is plain BS; I have said this before, English is an Art and you have to learn an art, practice on it before you master it. The only way you learn is if you "actively engage" in that process.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2011
gymer:

@ Poster:

You and your ilk are the reason nigeria is a laughing stock before the entire world, your failure to hold your public officials to account has condemned you to being ruled by these bunch of illiterate kleptocrats. 

Do you not understand that as first lady her duty is to project a positive image of nigerians abroad, does it make sense for a woman who can not read or speak her country's official language properly to keep appearing in public making a fool of herself and her nation in the name of public speaking ?

I can see you are one of those brainwashed religious fanatics who can't think straight without mentioning God in every sentence, if you had any common sense you would ask yourself whether God ordained that you should be living under one of the most oppressive and brutal kleptocratic regimes in the world.  Did God say you should also be living on $1 a day? 
Give me a break.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Theblessed(f): 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2011
[size=16pt]Some, who class themselves as clever D*ck, don't even understand that their mother tongue is their first Language before anything else and that English Language is a BORROWED Language hence, the existence of different versions of it e.g. American, Eastern European, Australia, Chinese, Asia as well as Africans i.e. our PIDGEON English - how about that, all ye Mr & Mrs Clevers we have on here? Shame![/size]
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2011
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]Some, who class themselves as clever D*ck, don't even understand that their mother tongue is their first Language before anything else and that English Language is a BORROWED Language hence, the existence of different versions of it e.g. American, Eastern European, Australia, Chinese, Asia as well as Africans i.e. our PIDGEON English - how about that, all ye Mr & Mrs Clevers we have on here? Shame![/size]

and your point is what exactly?

I think it is apparent to everyone on here that english is the language of our conquerors - the british - we are well aware of that and that is not the issue.  The issue is that SINCE we have been forced to adopt it as our national lingua franca or official language surely it makes sense that a person who has taken it upon herself to go out there to represent us on the world stage along with her husband should know how to speak and read it properly - especially since the person in question refuses to stay in the background and out of the limelight?

People like you make me laugh - you've suddenly remembered that english is a "borrowed" language -actually its the language of the people who conquered us - theres a difference, but i digress, are you also aware that christianity and islam are also not the religions of our ancestors? perhaps we should also revert to our ancestral religions as well, do you want to be the first one to do that? 

Since you seem to be advocating that we remember our ancestral roots, how about us relinquishing every aspet of western influence in our lives, shall we start by getting rid of our western influenced mindset, lets stop buying western cars, copying western music, western films, western fashion (if you are one of those nigerian women who wear weaves, fake nails and use bleaching cream - make sure you consign all of these to the dustbin once you have been able to do all of that then come and talk to me about english being a "borrowed language".

you can't eat your cake and have it too.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by blacksta(m): 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2011
Theblessed:

Oya now

Write the above in your mother tongue cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by gymer(m): 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2011
manny4life:

Who gives a hoot abt being first lady or not because we know she is one and the deference has been given to her, and no one is fighting over that position with here unless GEJ has other wives if not she will remain No. 1. What we are saying is, she needs to be up to par with her speech delivery because it's plain awful. It's your kind of mentality that has held Nigeria backward, Nigeria's official language is ENGLISH, and until that has changed, you need to learn English. She doesn't have to be educated with a Ph.D like her husband, and that's one wrong mentality we often have as Nigerians; we need to be educated with high degrees to speak well. That is plain BS; I have said this before, English is an Art and you have to learn an art, practice on it before you master it. The only way you learn is if you "actively engage" in that process.

How has your own kind of mentality that does not have respect for its leaders move you forward? You should know that speaking english eloquently is not a criterion for becoming the president of the FRN or the first lady. If it were to be so, maybe Prof Wole Soyinka or your mother who speaks english better than the queen will be the president and first lady respectively of Nigeria.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by gymer(m): 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2011
cap28:

You and your ilk are the reason nigeria is a laughing stock before the entire world, your failure to hold your public officials to account has condemned you to being ruled by these bunch of illiterate kleptocrats.

Do you not understand that as first lady her duty is to project a positive image of nigerians abroad, does it make sense for a woman who can not read or speak her country's official language properly to keep appearing in public making a fool of herself and her nation in the name of public speaking ?

I can see you are one of those brainwashed religious fanatics who can't think straight without mentioning God in every sentence, if you had any common sense you would ask yourself whether God ordained that you should be living under one of the most oppressive and brutal kleptocratic regimes in the world. Did God say you should also be living on $1 a day?
Give me a break.

Hmm
I will continue to mention God because I know there is a God. For your information, He has been very good to me. Hence, I will always appreciate His doings in the life of people. No apology at all. I have more than common sense. I am not living on a $ per day. What I want you to understand is that God has decided to chose Mrs Jonathan over your mother who can speak queen's english as Nigerian's first lady. There is nothing you and your generation now and yet unborn who can never smell Aso rock will do about it. You can chose to jump into the ocean if you are tired of listening to her or you relocate to Niger or Benin republic.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by Beaf: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2011
cap28:

and your point is what exactly?

I think it is apparent to everyone on here that english is the language of our conquerors - the british - we are well aware of that and that is not the issue.  The issue is that SINCE we have been forced to adopt it as our national lingua franca or official language surely it makes sense that a person who has taken it upon herself to go out there to represent us on the world stage along with her husband should know how to speak and read it properly - especially since the person in question refuses to stay in the background and out of the limelight?

People like you make me laugh - you've suddenly remembered that english is a "borrowed" language -actually its the language of the people who conquered us - theres a difference, but i digress, are you also aware that christianity and islam are also not the religions of our ancestors? perhaps we should also revert to our ancestral religions as well, do you want to be the first one to do that?  

Since you seem to be advocating that we remember our ancestral roots, how about us relinquishing every aspet of western influence in our lives, shall we start by getting rid of our western influenced mindset, lets stop buying western cars, copying western music, western films, western fashion (if you are one of those nigerian women who wear weaves, fake nails and use bleaching cream - make sure you consign all of these to the dustbin once you have been able to do all of that then come and talk to me about english being a "borrowed language".

you can't eat your cake and have it too.

Daft.

So remembering your ancestral roots means you should stop buying Werstern goods? What does buying Western goods even have to do with quality of spoken English? In your miserable time in the UK, have you ever witnessed anyone being turned away from a shop, because their English isn't good?
What has English even got to do with being Western, cos the last time I looked Germany, Spain, France and a few others were non-English speaking Western countries?

I would have doubted it was biologically possible for a grown man like you to be so dim, but the evidence is staring me in the face.
Listening to the ranting of an addled mind can be thoroughly entertaining though! Dude, you should be in a research clinic or in a zoo.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by cap28: 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2011
gymer:

Hmm
I will continue to mention God because I know there is a God. For your information, He has been very good to me. Hence, I will always appreciate His doings in the life of people. No apology at all. I have more than common sense. I am not living on a $ per day. What I want you to understand is that God has decided to chose Mrs Jonathan over your mother who can speak queen's english as Nigerian's first lady. There is nothing you and your generation now and yet unborn who can never smell Aso rock will do about it. You can chose to jump into the ocean if you are tired of listening to her or you relocate to Niger or Benin republic.

People like you use religion as a form of escape - i know your type, always pretending to be holier than thou, but if i could see into your heart it would be full of evil.

70% of nigeria's population live on the equivalent of $1 a day and you're bragging to me that you are not one of them - so?

Goodluck Jonathan was not elected to that position - it was placed in his lap by his fellow partner in crime Obasanjo - so stop lying to yourself and bringing God into this, these people are very far away from God in their actions and thoughts.

Sycophants, beggars and religious fanatics  like you will one day have to account for all the atrocities you have committed against the people of nigeria.  Look at Tunisia and Egypt - the people got sick and tired of being ruled over by a bunch of satanic criminals and they rose up - very soon the revolution will spread to nigeria, so keep deceiving yourself, your day of reckoning is at hand.
Re: Patience Jonathan Unable To Read Own Speech by gymer(m): 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2011
cap28:

People like you use religion as a form of escape - i know your type, always pretending to be holier than thou, but if i could see into your heart it would be full of evil.

70% of nigeria's population live on the equivalent of $1 a day and you're bragging to me that you are not one of them - so?

Goodluck Jonathan was not elected to that position - it was placed in his lap by his fellow partner in crime Obasanjo - so stop lying to yourself and bringing God into this, these people are very far away from God in their actions and thoughts.

Sycophants, beggars and religious fanatics like you will one day have to account for all the atrocities you have committed against the people of nigeria. Look at Tunisia and Egypt - the people got sick and tired of being ruled over by a bunch of satanic criminals and they rose up - very soon the revolution will spread to nigeria, so keep deceiving yourself, your day of reckoning is at hand.

Oh! It was placed in his lap!! I can see how good your own written english is. Why don't you go and learn good written english before you condemned others.

Back to the topic, I work for every penny that I spend. I am not a politician nor a frustrated being like you who blame people over every of his misfortune. Why don't you start the revolution from your father's house? Or is your father a saint?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) / Buhari, Ambode, Arrived Kano State To Flag Off Presidential Campaign - Photos / Dino Melaye: Ballot Box Snatching, Shooting Going Everywhere In Lokoja Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.