Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage (1475 Views)

Why Do High-status Career Women Seem To Have Problems With Their Marriage? / Help! My Woman Caught Red Handedly Romancing Another Man Publicly / Husbands Urged To Do This For Their Wives So Their Marriage Could Work. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2020
When a man sees a woman he likes,he proposes to her,engages her and then marry her.But some men have the desire but the fund is not there,this has lead to some women with financial strenght to foot the bill of the marriage. This does not last long,as the woman always bring the issue up at the slightest opportunity,unless of course the man pays up,he will remain in bondage.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by agbolahan1991(m): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2020
Women will always b women
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by donbachi(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2020
She will use it to taunt him and keep reminding him of it,even in his grave.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2020
donbachi:
If the man does'nt pay up before the kids grow up,she will tell them that she's the one that married the father.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by cooooooks(m): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2020
If you marry the one that will taunt, she will taunt, if you marry someone with whom you share mutual love, she will not.

Also, whether you sponsor the marriage or not, treat your wife as equal and not a servant.

donbachi:

8 Likes

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Tripitaka: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2020
A woman never goes to pick a groom, it is the man who does this; the woman only has right of refusal. This is the traditional stance and he who seeks must provide. No man worth his onion should/would let a woman singlegandedly fund his wedding unless he is willing to (inevitably) wear the skirt in the marriage.

Weddings, aside the fanfare is a symbolic event and one whose organisation will probably set the tone for the marriage proper. I also can't help but wonder how a man who can't fund his own wedding plans to provide for his family.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by donbachi(m): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2020
cooooooks:
If you marry the one that will taint, she will taunt, if you marry someone with whom you share mutual love, she will not.

Also, whether you sponsor the marriage or not, treat your wife as equal and not a servant.

in accounting..there is what is called "bad debt"..dis one will never fall into bad debt..she will choke him with it...fyi;there is a limit to what any woman can do for her man...sponsoring marriage is off it.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:42am On Jun 18, 2020
cooooooks:
If you marry the one that will taint, she will taunt, if you marry someone with whom you share mutual love, she will not.

...I can understand that you really wanna sound objective here but the truth is that women must be women.

She must definitely bring up the issue sooner or later.

Guys,even if you pay up. A woman that sponsored her wedding completely is the man of the house. No two ways about it.

Nwanne,forget love. When you get married that is when you will findout that it is not only love that keeps a marriage afloat.

3 Likes

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by cooooooks(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2020
1. I disagree with the whole sponsoring of wedding thing. I don't believe in bride price (I no dey buy goat).

2. All this sponsoring wahala depends on the family of the lady and the lady herself. Some, according to my babe, see it as levels. " My bride price is higher than yours" rubbish.

3. Women are sponsoring and consponsoring their marriages right now. This is not a new phenomenon.

4. Finally, the response from a co sponsoring or full sponsoring wife depends on her and you. If you act as an assjole, of course it will come up.

JONNYSPUTE:
...I can understand that you really wanna sound objective here but the truth is that women must be women.

She must definitely bring up the issue sooner or later.

Guys,even if you pay up. A woman that sponsored her wedding completely is the man of the house. No two ways about it.

Nwanne,forget love. When you get married that is when you will findout that it is not only love that keeps a marriage afloat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2020
This is why I am of the opinion that a man should struggle to affort a wedding within his financial bracket.

Even if it's just Court wedding and small introduction. Court wedding cost below 26k ... If you can struggle to get 129k ...it Should be more than enough for a simple wedding.

It's ironic it's only Christian's that complain about being unable to afford a wedding. Islammic setting provides a very simple journey. One your woman sponsor your wedding be ready to hear her talk about it everyday
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 11:18am On Jun 18, 2020
cooooooks:
1. I disagree with the whole sponsoring of wedding thing. I don't believe in bride price (I no dey buy goat).

2. All this sponsoring wahala depends on the family of the lady and the lady herself. Some, according to my babe, see it as levels. " My bride price is higher than yours" rubbish.

3. Women are sponsoring and consponsoring their marriages right now. This is not a new phenomenon.

4. Finally, the response from a co sponsoring or full sponsoring wife depends on her and you. If you act as an assjole, of course it will come up.

Payment of bride price is traditional,you can't run away from it.while weeding is a foreign practice. Bride price depend on tribe,some pay 100 naira while some pay 200 including other things,depending on the tradition of the people.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
I wonder how Indians would react to this...
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Boss13: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
coputa:
When a man sees a woman he likes,he proposes to her,engages her and then marry her.But some men have the desire but the fund is not there,this has lead to some women with financial strenght to foot the bill of the marriage. This does not last long,as the woman always bring the issue up at the slightest opportunity,unless of course the man pays up,he will remain in bondage.

If you do not have the financial means to get married, DON'T GET MARRIED. This is how to continue and sustain POVERTY

3 Likes

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Boss13: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Efe94:
I wonder how Indians would react to this...

Laughs - actually women pay the dowry to men in India
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
Boss13:

If you do not have the financial means to get married, DON'T GET MARRIED. This is how to continue and sustain POVERTY
If you put money first before you get married,you will be the oldest bachelor in town.marriage is all about co operation between the man and his wife.sometimes,after marriage,the door of financial prosperity opens.

2 Likes

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by bukatyne(f): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
coputa:

I don't see this as a woman's thing:

He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

Why this thread exists is because you think it is OK for the husband to brag over the wife while it is not OK for the wife to do so.

4 Likes

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Sixfeetbelle: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
coputa:
If the man does'nt pay up before the kids grow up,she will tell them that she's the one that married the father.

And what is wrong in her marrying the man? Is it written anywhere that the man must marry the woman?
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

And what is wrong in her marrying the man? Is it written anywhere that the man must marry the woman?
There's nothing wrong.it's done in other places like india.but in our african setting,where it is believed that the man must bore/carry the family responsibilities,it is an anomally.hence,you must endeavour to foot the bill of your marriage.

1 Like

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Boss13: 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
coputa:
If you put money first before you get married,you will be the oldest bachelor in town.marriage is all about co operation between the man and his wife.sometimes,after marriage,the door of financial prosperity opens.

What is wrong with being old and getting your finances in order before you get married? A man can still procreate even at old age. What is the rush in getting married only to subject your wife and kids into poverty and why should it take your entire lifetime to get your SHIT together?

You need to change your mentality.

1 Like

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 5:43am On Jun 19, 2020
Boss13:

What is wrong with being old and getting your finances in order before you get married? A man can still procreate even at old age. What is the rush in getting married only to subject your wife and kids into poverty and why should it take your entire lifetime to get your SHIT together?

You need to change your mentality.
What if you made your millions before getting married,then everything went down,will your children not still suffer,money can come at anytime but children wont:meaming,you cannot give birth to a child and he grows to adulthood today,it takes time,but you can make your money within 6 months to 1yr,so,when you wait up to 60yrs to get married because you want to make million,then you have missed the mark because the children will not know their father,so it becomes a storm in a teacup.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
aeion:
If I were a man, allowing a woman to single-handedly sponsor my wedding would be unacceptable. Any self-respecting man should be capable of funding his wedding and if not, at least contribute financially to it, along with the fiancée's contribution. You need not paint the town red or spend lavishly if you can't afford to, but the key is to spend within your means. If you've no money at all, meaning the woman will be the sole financer, then Mr., you shouldn't be thinking about getting married just yet.
that's thoughtful of you,but we have lazy alecs/gingolos who depends on women for their survival.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by lyndaway(f): 4:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
He made a terrible mistake it either he leaves with it or do the needful
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
lyndaway:
He made a terrible mistake it either he leaves with it or do the needful
It's hellish to live with it,that is an eternal hell fire.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by lyndaway(f): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
coputa:
It's hellish to live with it,that is an eternal hell fire.

He can come out of it if he wants I really pity him sha
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by frozen70(f): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
coputa:

If a man can't sponsor his marriage and the wife does that

Is he expected to Lord her, what do you mean by living in bondage ?

If you know you can't be responsible for what you should be and a woman does that, the best thing is for you to be her mumu botton and if you respect yourself you gain more

You can't be a witch and be a wretched person at the same time, haba ❗
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by coputa(m): 5:08am On Jun 21, 2020
frozen70:

If a man can't sponsor his marriage and the wife does that

Is he expected to Lord her, what do you mean by living in bondage ?

If you know you can't be responsible for what you should be and a woman does that, the best thing is for you to be her mumu botton and if you respect yourself you gain more

You can't be poor and be a wretched person at the same time, haba ❗
you got it right,that's the deal.
Re: A Man That His Wife Single Handedly Sponsored Their Marriage Is In Bondage by frozen70(f): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2020
coputa:
you got it right,that's the deal.

My dear, wetin person no go see for marriage

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 / Help Me B4 It's 2 Late / American Based Families Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.