Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,158 members, 7,829,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 (1488 Views)

Any Time I Turn Him Down He Goes To Bed , Is Everything Alright? - Lady Seek Adv / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Purvan(m): 1:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
Still in uni with at least 2 years to go (computer engineering)
I don't have friends, only son
Still a virgin
Still lives with parents
Dealing with massive trauma, both school and childhood.
I am very close to kms, thinking about it 10 times a day, each day feels like hell to me

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by MS247: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
cool

Make sure you learn a trade skill.... Anything you have passion for

There is a lady you like, ask her out on a date her life waits for nobody, if she declines move to the next

Don't keep friends, keep aqiutance , network of people who can help you

Your mental health is very important, get a psychologist... Ordinary 5k would get you a session and you can talk and get mental help

Counseling works and it's not a crime to talk to someone, nothing to be ashamed of..... Celebrities do it, Politicians do it

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by WhisperedNoise: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by MS247: 1:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
Purvan:

I'm into programming but I'm just doing it as a hobby atm

No matured nor intelligent girl again

All girls in my area just wanna eat sharwama and bill boys like me

Lol

I understand... They just want money.

However you need to search right now for the one you can tolerate some of her bullshit and build alliance

If you can build up with a lady at 23 , you might be very how you can make and build her to your taste
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by talented321: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by chocboi78(m): 2:19pm On Jun 29, 2023
What school do yo attend ? And do u have any physical disabilities?? Even if You’re better than Millions of people, so I just need to realize it and get your life back on track. You’re still very Young and full of life
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 29, 2023
1.Try as much as possible to come out with a 2.1.

2.Start working on IT certifications while still in school.

3. Do not engage in uproductive friendships or relationships.

3. Enroll in an M.sc after yor degree if possible.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Meerahbel: 3:49am On Jun 30, 2023
Purvan:
Still a virgin
Still lives with parents
I am very close to kms, thinking about it 10 times a day, each day feels like hell to me
What's the bolded.
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by infogenius(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2023
Purvan:
Still a virgin
Still lives with parents

I'm sorry u're going through such a difficult time.
However, It's important to seek help immediately if u're experiencing suicidal thoughts or ideation.

U can reach out to a helpline or a mental health professional for support. This u can easily find in ur university.

Turning your life around may involve taking small steps towards improving your mental health and well-being.

I can provide some suggestions:

- Seek therapy or counseling to address the trauma u have experienced. This can help u process ur experiences and develop coping skills.

- Focus on ur studies and try to make the most of ur time at university. Consider joining a club or group related to ur interests to meet new people and build connections.

- Consider reaching out to old friends or family members to reconnect with them.

- If you're interested in starting a romantic relationship, try dating apps or joining social activities to meet new people.

- You can also consider moving out of ur parents' house if u feel like it's holding u back.
Look into renting a room or finding a roommate to share an apartment with.

- Start or improve ur relationship with Jesus. I can’t emphasize the kind of relative peace u’ll will experience. The relationship can be enhanced by studying and meditating on His Word and of course attend a Bible believing Church. And forget to PRAY

Friend, kindly remember that life is full of ups and downs, and it's okay to ask for help when u're struggling.

It takes time and effort to make changes, but taking small steps towards improving ur well-being can make a big difference in ur life in the long run.

All the best
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Kemadealadire(f): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2023
Meerahbel:
What's the bolded.
Killing himself*

@OP, focus on getting skills, find out your purpose, write it down and work towards achieving it, graduate with good grades, use social media to your advantage rather than comparing yourself with people on it and getting depressed. There are girls like you out there. Girls shouldn't be your problem at the moment. I am guessing you have sponsors, if you were fending for yourself, you won't have idle time to be unproductive.
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by sqlPAIN: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
Ki
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by mariahAngel(f): 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
Purvan:
Still a virgin
Still lives with parents

Seek God, and everything you'll ever need in life will find you.
What you need now above everything is inner peace, and only God through Jesus Christ can give you that.
Everything else will fall into place with ease, way beyond your expectations.

Don't break your parent's hearts.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Purvan(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
mariahAngel:

Seek God, and everything you'll ever need in life will find you.
What you need now above everything is inner peace, and only God through Jesus Christ can give you that.
Everything else will fall into place with ease, way beyond your expectations.

Don't break your parent's hearts.

Which kin advice be this ??

1 Like

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by mariahAngel(f): 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
Purvan:

The one that can permanently stop you from wanting to kill yourself.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by JOACHINpedro: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2023
Are you an introvert?
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Skodrran(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2023

Lol
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Memberclub(m): 10:20am On Jul 02, 2023
Purvan:
Still a virgin
Still lives with parents
You need to Start fuvvking fr.
Let me know if you need girls
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by doggedfighter(f): 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Purvan:

Don't mind them.
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by flokii: 12:07am On Jul 03, 2023
Computer Engineering in which school?.. If it's Uni of first choice and nation's pride, your efforts won't ever be in vain.
University life is like that especially the Engineering courses where you have everything pre-requisite.. if care is not taken, you'll spend 12yrs for a 5yr programme. When your mates in Education, Social sciences,/Theatre Arts etc. are there rounding up their PhD, you're there not sure of ever getting a Bachelors degree in Engineering.
Whenever I remember the years of Engineering Mathematics and Advanced Engineering Mathematics with all the vectors, integral and differential calculus, not to talk of the thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, plant design principles, process control etc.. I doff hat for myself. Anybody wey think say E easy, make he go do am. Olu Ogboja na man wey sabi.
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by mariahAngel(f): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2023
doggedfighter:

Don't mind them.

Start by minding your business.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by being(m): 12:15am On Jul 07, 2023
Purvan:

That's actually the best advice!!
One reason there are depressions , so called mental breakdowns and what not is humans don't seek for their manufacturer's manual.. U were created and d creator sure has an intention of creating u. FIND IT!
Whatever the case sha don't k.y.s. I can assure you that what you have faced is nothing compared to what your parents have faced in their lives and they are still there for u!!
Kid be a strong man! Dont allow all those pathetic mindsets to disturb u.
But best you find and alígn with your creator now.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by boldx(m): 4:29am On Jul 07, 2023
Purvan:
Still a virgin
Still lives with parents
Where are you based?
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Chioma4eva(f): 8:42am On Jul 07, 2023
Can you pls tell us more about this " massive trauma"?
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Purvan(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2023
Chioma4eva:
Can you pls tell us more about this " massive trauma"?

Was sexually abused as a child by my nanny
Bullied in junior secondary by my seniors every night they wake me up and flog me because I wet the bed
I was made fun of in uni because I was still a virgin
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Purvan(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2023
boldx:

Where are you based?

Mbasa island
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by ahnie: 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Purvan:

Bullied in junior secondary by my seniors every night they wake me up and flog me because I wet the bed
Sorry dear.
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Chioma4eva(f): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2023
Purvan:

Wow I'm really sorry you had to go through all this. Have you tried talking to a psychologist to get professional help? If you haven't, can I help pay for one? I'm really sorry once again that you went thru all this.
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by Purvan(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2023
Chioma4eva:
Wow I'm really sorry you had to go through all this. Have you tried talking to a psychologist to get professional help? If you haven't, can I help pay for one? I'm really sorry once again that you went thru all this.

I don't think I need a psychologist

My hobbies are my newfound therapies

They do intend to relive me from traumas I've experienced
Re: How Can I Turn My Life Around At 23 by mariahAngel(f): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
Purvan:

I don't think I need a psychologist

My hobbies are my newfound therapies

They do intend to relive me from traumas I've experienced

What is your passion?
As in, what are you skillful at?
what gets you excited to do?
What wouldn't you mind doing for free, at any time (as a trial), just to prove you're good at it?
Have you discovered what that is?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Bring Tosin Home / A Must Read For Every Woman. / What Is The Reason Why Grannies Like Calling Their Male Child Their Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.