Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,010 members, 7,953,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn (6695 Views)

Presidency Debunks Rumoured Sack Of Jega,asks Opposition To Desist From Inciting / INEC Set For Early Voter Registration – Jega / INEC Voter Registration: Eyewitness Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by monkeyleg: 11:01am On Jan 27, 2011
binaflexia:

Well written and calculated. God bless you!

Well this is the same medicine people take time without number to delude and decieve themselves. Why dont to add up the entire figures, and see what it come to 93.6 BN, let me make it clearer that is £395 Million. Now how does that sound for a generaly rubbish excersize so far.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by binaflexia: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2011
monkeyleg:

Well this is the same medicine people take time without number to delude and decieve themselves. Why dont to add up the entire figures, and see what it come to 93.6 BN, let me make it clearer that is £395 Million. Now how does that sound for a generaly rubbish excersize so far.

Maybe you should also add up the cost of securing those equipments. I'm not saying Jeja has done a great job, but that doesn't mean that he has lost his credibility. The amount that he is asking for may sounds too big to the public ears, but that is the estimated amount needed to get the job done, even when is not a job well done.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by 2makesense: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2011
i see this whole process as an exercise in futility. Jega was never aware of the kind of heat and pressure that will meet him on the seat. This is just registration,

i think so also, Jega had no idea of the magnitude responsibility of been an INEC boss cry

A brief mathematics show that the figure may not be that big.

The cost of paying 240,000 ad-hoc staff at the rate of N15,000 per week is N3.6 billion.

When combined with 9,000 staff and more supplies, the figure is not much.

We seriously need to stop making mountains out of molehill

i wonder!
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by TeadroTec: 11:30am On Jan 27, 2011
Teadro Info Tech, best known I.T school in Port Harcourt for its cutting-edge training where more of I.T practicals are emphasized in:
ORACLE, CISCO, MCITP, COMPTIA A+ and N+, MOS , IC3 , and much more IS AT IT AGAIN! ! !,
Offering 100 percent scholarship to meritorious students. ABSOLUTELY FREE…
NO gimmick, no registration fee, its totally free!!!
Teadro scholarship scheme is an annual scholarship program to empower the youths through ICT training and also to create opportunities for job placement.
Additional benefits include participants been enlisted on our consultant Database for job placement with any of the following: Telecom, Banks, ISPs, Oil and Gas and so on,
Remember, scholarship is based on merit, so come along with your writing materials for a 45 minutes test at Teadro InfoTech centre, 76 stadium road Port Harcourt or call 08036086061.
This is a rare opportunity where you can get yourself certified and grounded in I.T field at just no cost. Take advantage of this grand opportunity NOW!!!
Venue: 76 Stadium Road Port Harcourt
Date: 12th February 2011
Time: 9:00 am prompt!
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Donmeca(m): 11:38am On Jan 27, 2011
I don't think Jega is asking for an additional 6.6bn. . .he only indicated that the extension wud amount to INEC spending an additional 6.6bn. I know that in asking for 87bn, they made provision for miscellaneous expenses and exigencies. . .they will just tap into that pool and complete this problematic registration.

This thread title is misleading.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by sylve11: 11:45am On Jan 27, 2011
i have nothing to say. cool
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by desthan(m): 12:06pm On Jan 27, 2011
rIDE ON jaGA, We mUSt havE A fReE ANd FaIR eLEctiOn at ALL cOST grin grin grin

oNE mAN OnE voTE grin grin grin
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by mbulela: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2011
we need to address this question once and for all;
Is this man corrupt or inept?

Today is the fourth day i have tried to register, on the basis that the 'guy in charge' knows me, i was asked to come back around 4pm and get a number in the queue for tomorrow.the gate was locked and only those who got numbers yesterday were allowed in.loads of people were outside the gate begging to be allowed in to vote.even one lady who had a number yesterday but went to report in the office before returning to register was locked out and she was almost crying while begging to be allowed in.Since 8am only 20 people have being registered and all 20 were at the center yesterday.

There is something inherently wrong with this exercise.
I am tired of hearing this man's demands, just give him the keys to CBN vault and give us a break.
Iwu must be sipping champagne wherever he is now.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Hoodrat(m): 12:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
I'm fed up of all the billi and trili I hear in the news always. WTF went wrong all in the name of election? Can't they forget about election and give nigerian citizen 1milli each to at least see what will become of nigeria in the next 3years? Nigerians need money not the yeye election which will never count no matter how hard they prevent the magogo ways. Stop the strong english all in the name of loothing FUND and concentrate on your fellow brothers happiness they don't need much the simplest thing is what they long for.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2011
If he made a good plan in the first place, there will be no need for either an extension or additional funds. But as expected, he has failed . . .  embarassed  embarassed

Me sha I won't go and stand on a queue all day just to register for an election process I have no intention of partaking in!  angry  angry
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2011
I have always maintained. Nigerians do not value Democracy neither do they Value Freedom and they surely will not Value their Right to Good Leadership.

When we vote, are we voting for the right person or the available person who has the best smile and makes a lot of promises he has never fulfilled in the past  angry are we voting because it is our Civic duty? How much do we value our votes? N1,000, N5,000, N10,0000 PDP Delegates got $7,000 from GEJ and $5,000 from Atiku (and I am not speculating here)

When we notice that something has gone bad not due to inexperience or lack of education (Surely Jega has stellar qualifications) we simply scratch our heads in wonder and complain all day. We never take the necessary steps to prevent or hinder the progress of corruption and evil in this country. We just sit and watch. Guess what, we will suffer the consequences, but worse, our unborn children will reap the harvest of sorrows we are planting for them now. (just as we are reaping the harvest of sorrows OBJ and his ilk planted for us in the early days of Independence)

Nigerians Wake up and Take Positive Action (and Quick)
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by monkeyleg: 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2011
^^^^ I beg tell them, becos me don tire.

Jega, should step down. This whole thing need to be re-assessed and re-planned. There is not proof the job that has been done soe far is in anyway credible. How can people be made to beg and even cry to register to vote. This is so wrong
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by calyx: 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2011
I never thought Jega was going to get this exercise right. It was obvious with all of the hiccups heralding the exercise that a lot could go wrong with the very little or no planning.

And to imagine Jega actually thought he was going to get 70 million ppl registered in 14 days. . .
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by kpozite(m): 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2011
I won't be surpirsed if Jega ask for CBN vault keys and he is given. After all he is the UMPIRE of the election and the president and senators are prospective candidates so ' scratch my back I scratch yours'process is what we are witnessing now.believe it or not. It is a shame and unfortunate how quickly Nigerian politicians dump National issues in favour of personal ones. But for Jega (forget about the reputation crap ) if he dosen't deliver to GEJ and his cohorts, somebody will be probed for all these outrageous sums of money demanded and duly given. somebody is sure sitting on a keg of gunpowder.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by MaJBlige(f): 1:20pm On Jan 27, 2011
foreigners come here to shout as usual.

One week extension - wont he pay for the ad hoc staff and other logistics?

Why must you all always assume that every public figure is out there trying to loot money meant for one thing or the other?

How many of you here has gone to register? How many of you here will shout foul during the elections when people begin to shout that they couldnt register?

Look what this fellow said! LOL

Hoodrat:

I'm fed up of all the billi and trili I hear in the news always. WTF went wrong all in the name of election? Can't they forget about election and give nigerian citizen 1milli each to at least see what will become of nigeria in the next 3years? Nigerians need money not the yeye election which will never count no matter how hard they prevent the magogo ways. Stop the strong english all in the name of loothing FUND and concentrate on your fellow brothers happiness they don't need much the simplest thing is what they long for.

Did that jump out of the mouth or what is actually said? LOL.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Whiteguru: 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2011
hmmm! Hear him 'we have calculatd, analysed, n projectd, ' all this is english n semantics!!!! Wetin come happen wey we dey xtend d exercise den!?
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by scopusng(m): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2011
"mbulela" correct yourself pls. Did you say people were begging to be allowed in to VOTE or to be registered?  Note, not yet time for voting. I dey laugh oooooo
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by tlops(m): 1:54pm On Jan 27, 2011
Ole, thief, barawo. I did not read the OP but ,
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by kpozite(m): 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2011
monkeyleg:

^^^^ I beg tell them, becos me don tire.

Jega, should step down. This whole thing need to be re-assessed and re-planned. There is not proof the job that has been done soe far is in anyway credible. How can people be made to beg and even cry to register to vote. This is so wrong
Is it a must to comment here? If you don't have anything reasonable to say why don't shut down your device and sleep. Where will all the money spent come  from for a repeat excerise or most importantly the time to do that before the election so stop yakking like an alien.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Ayowumie(m): 2:01pm On Jan 27, 2011
Credible election my foot.
All this is just part of an elaborate plan to loot the nation dry (i pray am wrong though)
INEC is full of shit. The resident electoral commissioners are not helping matters in any way. In Borno for instance, there are shortages of logistics for unimaid students that are participating as adhoc staff for the registration. Many of them have not been paid training allowances and transportation allowances are poor (if u ever get any)
INEC said it budgeted 400/day as t.p allowance for the adhoc staff, many of the adhoc staff in Borno are paid 200/day. They are just working without knowing how much they are entitled to. it is a pathetic situation.
The whole process is flawed. I only pity Jega, his reputation is already soiled (God help him). He is probably looking for an opportunity to blame his failures on lack of money, that is why he is asking for another round of billions.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by ideylaff: 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hmmmmmthat means they will need @ least N24 bn be dat naw,

according to nija money ethos, ones a parastatal ask 4 money, just multiply it by 4 as d actual figure they will eventually release/steal./chop,

so sad, This Prof Jega all off a sudden seems to be talking on a daily basis,

that is a sign of someone wey no get anytin to offer,

some1 that GEJ appointed, what did we think his game plan was meant to be, Lose the election for GEJ, "please" pleeeeeaaaasseeeeee, do me a favour
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Ayowumie(m): 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2011
voltron:

I have always maintained. Nigerians do not value Democracy neither do they Value Freedom and they surely will not Value their Right to Good Leadership.

When we vote, are we voting for the right person or the available person who has the best smile and makes a lot of promises he has never fulfilled in the past  angry are we voting because it is our Civic duty? How much do we value our votes? N1,000, N5,000, N10,0000 PDP Delegates got $7,000 from GEJ and $5,000 from Atiku (and I am not speculating here)

When we notice that something has gone bad not due to inexperience or lack of education (Surely Jega has stellar qualifications) we simply scratch our heads in wonder and complain all day. We never take the necessary steps to prevent or hinder the progress of corruption and evil in this country. We just sit and watch. Guess what, we will suffer the consequences, but worse, our unborn children will reap the harvest of sorrows we are planting for them now. (just as we are reaping the harvest of sorrows OBJ and his ilk planted for us in the early days of Independence)

Nigerians Wake up and Take Positive Action (and Quick)
With all due respect and diligence, i strongly believe this is dumbest post i have read today. My question is what exactly are you trying to say, wat idea or info are u tryin to pass along to readers?
It is not just abt posting for posting sake, readers have to be able to meaningfully interpret what u av posted.
How do Nigerians wake up and take positive actions?
u cud be right on your first sentence of which i may not believe is an absolute truth but how did you arrive at that assertion?
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Delafruita(m): 2:30pm On Jan 27, 2011
Professor jega might have had good intentions but the system he inherited and tried but failed to sanitise could prove to be his undoing.the VR has been fraught with irregularities right from start.the corp members were promised better welfare but now they are blackmailed into submission with their certificates.some have not even received their training and transport allowances.the one week extension is required in view of the reality but the need for more money is worrisome
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Jan 27, 2011
Donmeca:

I don't think Jega is asking for an additional 6.6bn. . .he only indicated that the extension wud amount to INEC spending an additional 6.6bn. I know that in asking for 87bn, they made provision for miscellaneous expenses and exigencies. . .they will just tap into that pool and complete this problematic registration.

This thread title is misleading.

You are probably right but if you read the start of the post, it is that he is asking for the amount. Also, I wonder how valid Jega's claims of 4.3 million registered per day really are. Considering the hiccups reported and the fact that some were not even required to provide valid ID to register, I wonder if much of what we will get, at the end of this exercise will be different from the old.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by kinharold(m): 3:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
A brief mathematics show that the figure may not be that big.

The cost of paying 240,000 ad-hoc staff at the rate of N15,000 per week is N3.6 billion.

When combined with 9,000 staff and more supplies, the figure is not much.

We seriously need to stop making mountains out of molehill

good mathematics, but ddn't he do this mathematics before he said he can register about 70m in just 2 weeks. many pple tried to tell him earlier that that won't be possible but he ddn't listen.

Now, after agreeing and signing to do a job at an agreed amount and for an agreed duration, he couldn't deliver. And for reasons/faults that are obviously his:
his staff come late to work
equipment failure
unavailable equipment where it is needed
non payment of staff as at when due etc.

Now that more precious time is required for him to try and do the job, he is askin us to pay for it.

My own: Nigerians should please, give him part of the needed amount and let him source for the rest from within. All, so that we can all do our best to have a credible register and a free and fair election. May God help us.
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by monkeyleg: 3:29pm On Jan 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You are probably right but if you read the start of the post, it is that he is asking for the amount. Also, I wonder how valid Jega's claims of 4.3 million registered per day really are. Considering the hiccups reported and the fact that some were not even required to provide valid ID to register, I wonder if much of what we will get, at the end of this exercise will be different from the old.

I think he is actually asking for more money. See todays Guardian.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36717:inec-wants-extra-n66b-for-voters-registration&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by ideylaff: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2011
Issssh, Over £400 million for voters registration /election preparation all under the guise of "free and fair election"

Awa contri will 4 ever be in the darK cry cry cry cry  wiv a few NL's on here justifying this shambles called Voters registration,

FFS, damn, this is the 21st Century and we are still carrying about Laptops, Stand alone scanners and printers to register people, when futuristic technology is available

Who decided on ds crap, process/technology    .can some1 please tell me,

Had a brief encounter on a flight with one of the representatives/the people we sourced this obsolute technology from and he said, "we gave dem what they asked for",  angry

Aye Naija ti spoil men,  1, Laptop, 1 Scanner, 1 Camera, 1 printer all wired up individually all over the country and not a single one been able to send info to a central point of collation on the fly, Shame,

FK Jegas reputaion, men, na hear say be that

did they not tell us that Yar Adua never stole a penny in Katsina state until WikeLeaks blew the basket,  shocked

Lets 4get all ds he his a Prof,He his up right, upright people dey mix with PDP,  tongue

wetin we think GEJ ask am b4 appointing him, "Can u deliver ds nation or can you deliver for PDP", ask urself,
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by OAM4J: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

exactly!

Already am seeing this country spending another tens/hundreds of billions as soon as another INEC chairman is appointed on the same excuse that Jega's voter registration is not credible.

I wonder when we will get it right. sad
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by ideylaff: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2011
Obsolete Technology/Process for a fast declining Nation,

Simple Voters Registration/Election, 
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by OAM4J: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
BTW, Why were they asking him not to resign?
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by NET1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 27, 2011
Please, I want to be the next INEC boss, where and when do I apply?.

Haba, which kain thing be this? 93.6 billion in three weeks for an exercise in futility? Abeg, I have a better use for that money.

.NET
Re: Voter Registration. . . Jega Asks For Another N6.6bn by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Jan 27, 2011
OAM4J:

BTW, Why were they asking him not to resign?

Who will ask him to resign? Jonathan who is busy convincing himself that it is all going well and probably great by world standards? NASS that is itself in the business of gobbling up money and producing nothing at the end of the day? Or the people in Nigeria many of whom are probably unaware that what they are getting is possibly no different from what they got during Iwu's time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari, Politicians And History By Ebenezer Babatope / See What This Igbo-American Top Shot Is Attracting To Nigeria / Federal Government Of North (FGN) Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.