Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos (53149 Views)

Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos / Do I Have To Pay Rent After Being Issued A Quit Notice?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Amastermovic(m): 12:08am On Jun 19, 2020
Focusmind:

You are an Engineer - nice one. Some people don't even do German floors again all in the name of cutting costs.

I didn't know that the water there was rising from the ground. I thought it came from outside. Please explain the concept of wall joints to me properly

I am not an engineer but as one whose house is under construction, I follow what is going on there very well to avoid bad stories later.

Thank you in advance

Joint in this case maybe casting on different day, the floor joint to the wall or holes in the German floor (void)..water will follow this part into the building...

Water table is some area during raining is not upto 20naira ruler when this rain continue the ground get saturated filled up and not able to take as d result water finds its level..

Using a good foundation and German floor and proper drainage u can solve this issue..

Note

At times it might not rain in ur area and d table may likely rise due to other areas well filled up and water flow underneath also..don't cut corners in ur foundation that's just d trick..u can ask more question for clarity
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Danielmegg(m): 12:10am On Jun 19, 2020
Dis matter
tie Gele oo cheesy
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by One4me: 2:49am On Jun 19, 2020
BrandAlliances:
Refunds or compensation

You no know before ?

She will get non of the two.
Neither Refund nor Compensation.

First, the flood was not due to the Negligence of the Landlord
- The Flood was caused by excessive rain, what we call Act of God, just like EarthQuake or Vocanic Eruptions. The landlord is not responsible for that.
- The ignorant tenant should have INSURED her House belongings, if she wanted to be reimbursed for any loss of this nature.
- She better salvage wat is left before area boys get hold of it in this Covid-19 poverty season.

Some tenanats sef get liver sha.
She better head to Court otherwise....

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by One4me: 2:52am On Jun 19, 2020
HITsquad:
In a sane county she should be suing for property damages!

Ignorance is BLISS! grin grin

In sane countries, you INSURE your valuables agaunst such eventualities
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by One4me: 2:57am On Jun 19, 2020
Macphenson:

I am not pained, but this is so inhumane of you. I know wickedness and envybfor successful Igbos runs in your blood, but do you have to expose it in a situation that requires humanity?

That response was absolutely not necessary for that situation. You can play the stupid tribal bashing in other threads I don't give a damn , but when it erodes the humanity in you, then obviously you are a disaster waiting to happen.

You cant change the fact that Igbos have bought a greater percentage of your lands in Lagos, and have built intimidating successful business in Lagos, there's nothing you and your lots can do to change that situation, if you don't like that Igbos have bought your ancestral lands while you were collecting 'OWOMIDA" you can use the lagoon.

Sorry o, Lagos Developers! grin grin
The whole of the Suth East is ridduled with gaping erosions that is swallowing a whole building in a second and crying for development, you are here boasting about developing Lagos? How foolish can any race of people be! shocked grin

You bought the whole of Lagos with the type of CRIME MONEY that sent Invictus Okeke to 20yrs American jail, right?

Only a fool envies the wealth of a criminals because the appointed time of a criminal will come sooner than later.
I pity Ipob fools like you

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by StubbornGENIUS: 3:02am On Jun 19, 2020
One4me:

The whole of the Suth East is ridduled with gaping erosions that is swallowing a whole building in a second and crying for development, you are here boasting about developing Lagos? How foolish can any race of people be! shocked grin

You bought the whole of Lagos with the type of CRIME MONEY that sent Invictus Okeke to 20yrs American jail, right?

Only a fool envies the wealth of a criminals because the appointed time of a criminal will come sooner than later.

Calling you a foolish fool is an insult to fools.Keep your daft bigot thoughts to yourself.RANKO!!
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by seborrhic: 6:32am On Jun 19, 2020
wman:

Didn't you see 'If you can avoid it' in TheSicilian's post?

Some of you just want to comment on everything.
Some of you talk without an iota of reasoning.
His point was baseless and you supporting a baseless point calls your own reasoning into question too.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Salmahta: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2020
This is a terrible experience. I had PTSD for months cos of this type of shit.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Macphenson: 7:26am On Jun 19, 2020
One4me:

Ode. When we tell you people you have no sense, it's not a joke.
Crime has no tribe or race, but unfortunately dullards like you won't understand.

At least now Hushpuppi has shown that yorubas are the greatest thieves.

It even Marvel's me when empty brains like you come here and talk about erosion in South East as if it is non existent in South West.

Go to Ogijo, and see what erosion has done to that area.

Go to Remo and Ipara , those areas are erosion ravaged, and I wonder why you people are so foolish you have not noticed these problems in your zone.

That your parents are lazy and sold their lands to Igbo people is not our problem, besides there are a whole lot of hardworking legitimate Igbos in Lagos.

When you are in V.I. three minutes drive after Radisson Blue Hotels, you will see a new structure of about fourteen story building, it is owned by OBIJACKSON, who is the director of NEST OIL, he is a legitimate business man.

Also go to his village and see how he single handedly turned his village into a town, you can even Google it.

Not everybody is into crime, and stop using it as a defence for your laziness , incompetence and low level thinking and business acumen.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by wman(m): 8:41am On Jun 19, 2020
seborrhic:

Some of you talk without an iota of reasoning.
His point was baseless and you supporting a baseless point calls your own reasoning into question too.

It is a solid advice that he gave.

He said 'if you can.' Where possible, house hunt during the rainy season. If not, every other time is okay.

Comprehension is hard for Nigerians.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2020
So many houses are like this in Lagos. Especially in that Lekki side

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Face Me I Face You Experience. / 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria / Fire At NNPC Petrol Station, College Road, Ogba (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.