Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos (53151 Views)

Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos / Do I Have To Pay Rent After Being Issued A Quit Notice?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by smileforme15: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
thesicilian:
Rule No 1: Never rent an apartment in the dry season in Lagos if you can avoid it.

Rule No2: Always target 1st floor instead of a ground floor

3 Likes

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Felixswagg: 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
I don't like Mainland... It's only lekki l can stay .... I want river in front of my house... See your live now
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by streetfabulous: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
I am really appalled at how folks insult and make fun of someone they have never met. A 2 mins video clip is not enough to profile a person and people are even calling her a prostitute? You can hide behind a faceless forum but you can't hide from reaping the consequences of such verbal recklessness. We all face challenges and sooner or later you will face one too. May you taste what it is like to be mocked in a bad situation. Please let us allow those who have meaningful contributions to enlighten us and proffer solutions.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by HITsquad: 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
In a sane county she should be suing for property damages!
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by BillionaireTalk: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
Apparently getting a rent at some places is big time bad investment, it's not even funny o.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Macphenson:

I am not pained, but this is so inhumane of you. I know wickedness and envybfor successful Igbos runs in your blood, but do you have to expose it in a situation that requires humanity?

That response was absolutely not necessary for that situation. You can play the stupid tribal bashing in other threads I don't give a damn , but when it erodes the humanity in you, then obviously you are a disaster waiting to happen.

You cant change the fact that Igbos have bought a greater percentage of your lands in Lagos, and have built intimidating successful business in Lagos, there's nothing you and your lots can do to change that situation, if you don't like that Igbos have bought your ancestral lands while you were collecting 'OWOMIDA" you can use the lagoon.
empty chest beaters

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Femeto: 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
She dey leave I side well
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Amastermovic(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
Focusmind:
The Lagos flood has made me to start raising the level of my compound that is still under construction. My compound level must be very high now.

I am doing a major modification to ensure that any water in the compound flows out and if the road is too flooded, it will take a heavy downpour and high water level to make that penetration.

As a builder in Lagos, watch what happens after heavy downpour in your site.

As u can see her case is not with flooding from outside but the water table rise up and penetrate through the wall joint and pores in the German floor ..

when making your Modification remember to use the polythene nylon before ur German floor
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by wman(m): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
konkonbilo:
So when you want to move to a new apartment and your house rent is due during dry season in your former apartment, you'll tell your former landlord that you want to wait for rainy season before you move out so you don't go to a house or area that is been disturbed by flood abi

Didn't you see 'If you can avoid it' in TheSicilian's post?

Some of you just want to comment on everything.

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by wman(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
seborrhic:

So if someone is looking for a house in August or has been thrown out of his/old apartment in September or just wants a change of environment,he/she should wait for 9-10months to rent a house to see which one can withstand the rainy season?
See reasoning!

Didn't you see 'If you can avoid it' in TheSicilian's post?

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by konkonbilo(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
wman:

Didn't you see[b]'If you can avoid it'[/b] in TheSicilian's post?

what are you even saying It's a simple something, when you're looking for an apartment you go to do survey, ask questions about the area, go meet people who live in the area and ask questions.. You don't have to wait for rainy season bros.. This one na just common sense abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
good bless northern Nigeria
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by rolams(m): 7:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nicklaus619:
If it is flood, it could be avoided by building high steps leading to your apartment
But how could you stop this now, water coming out from underneath a house, this is serious wahala oo, shocked

Na lie, no be underneath. Na from the down of the house!

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nicklaus619(m): 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
rolams:

Na lie, no be underneath. Na from the down of the house!

Mogbe, what's the different.?
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by rolams(m): 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nicklaus619:

Mogbe, what's the different.?

Maybe, listen to the English!
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Platony(m): 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
The best time to buy land or rent a house is during rainy season... undecided
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
Jack500:

U need sense, flooding happen everywhere.

Tell that to your Father when he wakes up
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by cerebralniggie1: 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
Simplyleo:
Refund of rent?

I thought they own all the houses in ragos while others are the tenants. angry
Are you this petty?
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Chicastle: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
I am about to post my own
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Chicastle: 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
crossfm:
Hehehe,no refund after payment grin

Damages?
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Jack500: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Tell that to your Father when he wakes up

That u are quick to mention my father, show how poor your upbringing is. I pity ur parents, they thought they av a child
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Cmanforall: 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
English is dead and buried.

"Water came ouf of the down of the house"

Slay queen has reverted to her real English when she jam Lagos flood.

Eko don baje tey tey
And the length of the water?

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by ayanbaba2(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Eko don baje tey tey

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by sallazlee(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

"Water came out of the down of the house"

Eko don baje tey tey

And Waiting you people do is not good

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by kurlz(f): 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
otokx:

Even here in Port Harcourt
And here in Benin
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Focusmind: 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2020
Amastermovic:

As u can see her case is not with flooding from outside but the water table rise up and penetrate through the wall joint and pores in the German floor ..

when making your Modification remember to use the polythene nylon before ur German floor

You are an Engineer - nice one. Some people don't even do German floors again all in the name of cutting costs.

I didn't know that the water there was rising from the ground. I thought it came from outside. Please explain the concept of wall joints to me properly

I am not an engineer but as one whose house is under construction, I follow what is going on there very well to avoid bad stories later.

Thank you in advance
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Dshocker(m): 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
The water came out from the down of the house grin grin grin english
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
thesicilian:
Rule No 1: Never rent an apartment in the dry season in Lagos if you can avoid it.
It happened to me, all my credentials socked before returning from night duty work. I didn't tell the landlord, because it happened in the same weeks am about to migrate to another city. I wonder the stress I would have pass through if am not migrating.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by alizma: 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
konkonbilo:
So when you want to move to a new apartment and your house rent is due during dry season in your former apartment, you'll tell your former landlord that you want to wait for rainy season before you move out so you don't go to a house or area that is been disturbed by flood abi
The advise is not for everybody sir. You can chose to rent a house at any time.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by frozen70(f): 10:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
kollinskollins:
The best time to rent house na for dry season if not you will be SHOCKED

Not true, rainnig season is the best time to rent house, it enables you to detect flood prone areas
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Pavillon: 11:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Eko don baje tey tey

E get as prob go hit ehen, I swear you go form your own English and e go sweet for ear.

The lady don dy frustrated cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / Share Your Face Me I Face You Experience. / 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.