Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,974 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos (53150 Views)

Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos / Do I Have To Pay Rent After Being Issued A Quit Notice?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Godsonkemz(m): 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
Here comes the season in Lagos when flood becomes your close swimming pool.

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by OmoOduduwa01: 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
otokx:

Even here in Port Harcourt

Everywhere o
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Munzy14(m): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
English is dead and buried.
"Water came ouf of the down of the house"
Slay queen has reverted to her real English when she jam Lagos flood.
Eko don baje tey tey
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by thesicilian: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
konkonbilo:
So when you want to move to a new apartment and your house rent is due during dry season in your former apartment, you'll tell your former landlord that you want to wait for rainy season before you move out so you don't go to a house or area that is been disturbed by flood abi

seborrhic:

So if someone is looking for a house in August or has been thrown out of his/old apartment in September or just wants a change of environment,he/she should wait for 9-10months to rent a house to see which one can withstand the rainy season?
See reasoning!

These are extreme circumstances you're painting. If you already know that you're not going to renew your house rent, it's best to start scouting for new apartments in a favorable neighborhood months ahead. Those who have ever been caught up in flooded areas where they cannot drive in or out, or have to bail out water from the house anytime it rains, will understand. If your relocation is an emergency (for whatever reason), then you must ask questions about the property and area from those who live around.

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Macphenson: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Always getting pained when little fraction of what they give gets back to them. To them, they own the prerogative of insulting other people but shouldn't be told home truth.

When you give them a microscopic portion of what they administer to others, funny expressions start flying everywhere. Things like, "when it's absolutely not necessary", "you are a hater", "stop hating on us", "stop trolling us" etc.

Now get out.

I am not pained, but this is so inhumane of you. I know wickedness and envybfor successful Igbos runs in your blood, but do you have to expose it in a situation that requires humanity?

That response was absolutely not necessary for that situation. You can play the stupid tribal bashing in other threads I don't give a damn , but when it erodes the humanity in you, then obviously you are a disaster waiting to happen.

You cant change the fact that Igbos have bought a greater percentage of your lands in Lagos, and have built intimidating successful business in Lagos, there's nothing you and your lots can do to change that situation, if you don't like that Igbos have bought your ancestral lands while you were collecting 'OWOMIDA" you can use the lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by hahn(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Simplyleo:
Refund of rent?

I thought they own all the houses in ragos while others are the tenants. angry

From the accent that is an ibo person
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Simplyleo: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
Macphenson:

I am not pained, but this is so inhumane of you. I know wickedness and envybfor successful Igbos runs in your blood, but do you have to expose it in a situation that requires humanity?

That response was absolutely not necessary for that situation. You can play the stupid tribal bashing in other threads I don't give a damn , but when it erodes the humanity in you, then obviously you are a disaster waiting to happen.

You cant change the fact that Igbos have bought a greater percentage of your lands in Lagos, and have built intimidating successful business in Lagos, there's nothing you and your lots can do to change that situation, if you don't like that Igbos have bought your ancestral lands while you were collecting 'OWOMIDA" you can use the lagoon.
Dem dey pay for chest beating?
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Macphenson: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

Chest Ko beating Ni!!

Go to Ladipo and see if what is happening there is by chest beating.

Go to Alaba, Trade Fair and ASPAMDA and tell me if what is going on there is gotten by eating Amala and Ewedu soup.

Go to Festac and tell me it happened by chest beating. The evidences abound all over Lagos.

You and your lots will only die of envy because "WHOM GOD HAS BLESSED, NO MAN CAN CURSE".

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Risingblue008(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
Rule number one
1) don't rent a house during the dry season cos you don't know what d raining season will look like
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Somodooo: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]
shatap there and get out

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Austin1805(m): 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Always getting pained when little fraction of what they give gets back to them. To them, they own the prerogative of insulting other people but shouldn't be told home truth.

When you give them a microscopic portion of what they administer to others, funny expressions start flying everywhere. Things like, "when it's absolutely not necessary", "you are a hater", "stop hating on us", "stop trolling us" etc.

Now get out.
Even with what you typed here, you're still not making sense

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Passionate888: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2020
otokx:

Even here in Port Harcourt
SOME parts of Port Harcourt.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
A refund. That's when landlord will say he is not in the country and will only return when rent expires

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Richie77: 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
That money is gone . Just thank God for your life .
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by betonnaira: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2020
thesicilian:
Rule No 1: Never rent an apartment in the dry season in Lagos if you can avoid it.
that's very dumb rule
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by jgbemson1: 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
God will help us in Lagos ....
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by mechanics(m): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
Eyah, it has really caused serious damage.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by SATANNIST: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
down of the ass. typical edo delta olosho

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by betonnaira: 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
konkonbilo:
So when you want to move to a new apartment and your house rent is due during dry season in your former apartment, you'll tell your former landlord that you want to wait for rainy season before you move out so you don't go to a house or area that is been disturbed by flood abi
as in some people will just carry their fingers type rubbish, never rent until raining season lol
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by stephenponti(m): 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
Bakare Estate is in Agungi Lekki
Agungi road flood is mostly 2ft high meaning if you drive through there during the flood there are 99% chance your car may be Flooded.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by naturefellow(m): 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Pity!
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Bigsunny01(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
U tell dem to use qualify engineers problem go come.

Una don c de result of cheap engineers now grin grin

I feels for dat lady
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nicklaus619(m): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2020
tot:

I didn't even know this was possible.

The thing self shock me shocked
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by winterfell007(m): 5:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Eko don baje tey tey

grin grin, I think say na only me dey hear am. That english self shock me.

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Badonasty(m): 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
I once faced this once and I can tell you it wasn’t funny...to all people affected just know say as your rent due for that place na to move but if na your personal house na to wait till government find permanent solution to the flooding
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
hahn:

From the accent that is an ibo person

Travel and be informed.

Dan for down

Has for house

Those are either Edo or Delta (warri) accent

Again travel and be informed. Anyone not having Yoruba or Hausa accent does not necessarily represent Igbo.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by zoezoelogistics(m): 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Shellsploit:
Okearo, matogun residents can attest to this!

Naijacardrivas sef

Add ishashi

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Yinxies(f): 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
Lol @ Yemoja's Palace grin grin

seunlayi:
Rule 2: Never buy a land you are not sure of during țhe dry season to avoid stories, people can put decking on top of yemoja's palace telling you it is a good land angry you may end up regretting you once bought a car instead of a canoe

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Jack500: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Eko don baje tey tey

U need sense, flooding happen everywhere.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
”The water is coming out from the down of the house” - what kind of English is this? All these olosho no go speak pidgin, you dey speak rubbish still dey shout. Smh.
Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by AroOkigbo(m): 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Eko don baje tey tey
The "lenght of the water" she also mentioned was actually in reference to the depth of the water in her apartment..lol

1 Like

Re: Lady Demands Refund Of Rent After Flood Destroys Her Property In Lagos by hahn(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Travel and be informed.

Dan for down

Has for house

Those are either Edo or Delta (warri) accent

Again travel and be informed. Anyone not having Yoruba or Hausa accent does not necessarily represent Igbo.

That babe na ibo babe abeg. I be waffi and that's not how we talk

If she was waffi or Benin you would have heard shuuuu or shuoooo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / Share Your Face Me I Face You Experience. / 10 Most Powerful Buildings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.