Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site (48876 Views)

How Do Baby Owl Sleep? / Trapped Owl In A Well Rescued In Germany (Photos) / My Boy And Girl: A Nairalander Shows His Dogs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by spiralwedge(m): 6:56am On Jul 22, 2020
wirinet:

You need to start watching discovery channel instead of African magic.
Owls can turn it's head 360 degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoc42xegVt8

In this age of Google, why do you guys argue blindly?

Owls can turn their heads maximum of 270 degrees. It's almost 360, but it's not.
Both you and the guy are wrong. A simple search on Google would have saved the day
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 22, 2020
Dididrumz:
There was a time this bird would not leave my window.

For months it kept coming at night and would stay for hours.

When I stare back at it for a while it would fly away and come back.
I was never comfortable with it's presence until a whole lot of bad things started happening to me and I got really scared.

Lost huge sum of money.
Almost lost my dad.
Dropped out of school.

But las Las, I dey alright now.
Of course you know Nigerians likes all these hocus pocus stories you're spinning. Well you now have your likes spend it!
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Silentgroper(m): 7:00am On Jul 22, 2020
Blackbelly:

If holding this scary bird doesn't creep you out, I wonder if anything ever will. I'm feeling chilly already by the sight of your fingers clasped around the bird
.man you can say that again.
very creepy creature
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 22, 2020
Please don't kill it. Nurture it back to health and let it go. It is a beautiful bird.
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 22, 2020
Ibraimgram:
what's wrong with it?
brother.. i swear on my life and on my mother's life nothing is wrong with it.. and i have my receipt too.. it comes with the box and follow come charger...i believe in honesty.. if you are interested.. my whatsapp is in my nairaland signature.
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nmezor(f): 8:12am On Jul 22, 2020
zimdante:

Grow up, forget those child hood tales.
I hear you wella.
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by drololaaof: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2020
You said injured if not you will not be able to caught it,or it is a young bird if you can't take care of it release it to near Bush God will fend and take care
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Sebbs(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2020
Owiwi
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by davidswhales(m): 8:14am On Jul 22, 2020
WriterNig:
Found This Strange Bird Today, What Is It Called?

Found this beautiful creature injured at the site today.

Eat or Keep it?

Myth: Owls are bad luck/Owls are omens of death. Reality: Owls are no more bad luck than black cats, broken mirrors, or spilled salt. In many cultures, owls are seen as bad luck or omens of death and are feared, avoided or killed because of it.
S'ha bé careful o
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by davidswhales(m): 8:18am On Jul 22, 2020
fireprince14:
This bloke is literally blaming an owl cos he dropped out of school and was careless with his money. It's just a bird bro. A beautiful bird nonetheless. Your troubles are your own not some dumb bird.

It's just a what? Or what did I just hear you say? A bird? That bird is no ordinary bird o, no go think am @ all. It's a weird bird just like crow too
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 22, 2020
See wetin you wan chop ?
Something wey no reach one handful of Garri.
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by losdiose(m): 8:57am On Jul 22, 2020
Oh! Such a beauty to behold.

Where are you so that you can send it over in exchange for cash?
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by wizod(m): 9:25am On Jul 22, 2020
chukskafor:
You are playing with your village people
Black man mentality
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by womenareapes: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2020
wirinet:
You need to start watching discovery channel instead of African magic. Owls can turn it's head 360 degrees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoc42xegVt8
some YouTubers are fake
https://www.livescience.com/26771-how-owls-rotate-heads.html
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by kingPhidel(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2020
Michael390:
Guy let me buy that owl from u 2500.I can take care of it
just say you want prepare midweek stew. Which one be u take care of it? Did u study owlogy?
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 22, 2020
Fr33born:

Did you say "weak during the day?" That means nothing was wrong with it. I didn't know all these. I would have kept it or maybe posted it here for anyone that needs it to come have it.
I made a big mistake.
Yes,only a very few Specie move from dusk til dawn like the Great Horned Owl which has Long feathers on its ears that shapes like horns.
That Owl you saw may just be hungry and very weak from fruitless night Hunt.

1 Like

Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2020
Fr33born:
I caught this same bird last week but had to let it go because it looked weak and sick..
That's how that bird would look on a tree in the forest during the day.
Only it will fly away if it's troubled or approached by the slightest of preys.

1 Like

Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by youngoldman(m): 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
op na person mama u carry for hand so

1 Like

Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by omoharry(f): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
WriterNig:
Found This Strange Bird Today, What Is It Called?

Found this beautiful creature injured at the site today.

Eat or Keep it?
is not everything that we should eat in this country.this is an owl.Its a nocturnal animal.If you cannot keep it as pet then release it back into the wild .
Lets preserve our animals and stop eating everything that has pulse.
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Patented: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
it's greenfingerswi bros

Yup. Twas atypo. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by omoharry(f): 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
davidswhales:

It's just a what? Or what did I just hear you say? A bird? That bird is no ordinary bird o, no go think am @ all. It's a weird bird just like crow too
You and other nairalanders that attach superstition to this beautiful bird have dark heart.The churches you go make it even worse.That bird is a beautiful bird.The problem is not the bird but you .
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by vinixxx(m): 1:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
You don't know what it is and you want to kill or eat�
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Fuckspambot: 3:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
[s]
greggng:

You are very lucky to be alive ...it doesn't go without someone dieing . In my estate two of them use to cry on top of two elderly people house. I became afraid that they are about to die ...after crying for a month , one was killed and the other remains their crying untill we lost a great man close to the elderly people house. That Bird is evil and need not live nearly human
[/s] TRASH
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nmezor:
I hear you wella.
ah u fine o, how are you today
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by od501: 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
TEsLABOY:
Ahh! This. Evil bird I heard it drains the soul for a living.

I need to see your waec result asap! undecided
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by briggson07(m): 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
This girl is prettier than some igbo girls �������
Re: The Owl A Nairalander Caught At A Site by Nmezor(f): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2020
zimdante:

ah u fine o, how are you today
thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Takes Selfie With His Goat(photo) / Some Ladies And Dogs Now.. Trending Thing / See This Little Tortoise I Saw At Our Backyard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.