Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,361 members, 7,957,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God (3027 Views)

The Paradox Of Judeo-christian Values And Christian-zionism 01 / Benefits Of Good And Bad Deeds / Islamic Paradox On Paul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

How many religions have you researched and practiced ?

I've read about over 30 religious and you know what they all claim? "I'm the right one and others are wrong"

So yours cannot be right.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

i am a man of my words, we can discuss several other things here but not that. i'm sorry
Ok.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by IMAliyu(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:

He said anything can be true as long you're self-convinced. He even accepted my winged yellow giant monkey created the universe.

Anybody can make up nonsense in his world view and said it's the true. Maybe he doesn't see the delusion here and why such ideology is wrong and faulty. grin
If you want to see the scary side of self conviction.
Check out the story of heaven's gate. A suicide cult that yeeted themselves including their leader because they believed something about discarding their physical bodies and alien spaceships. They were convinced in their beliefs to the very end without any shred of doubt and in the last recording of the members they were all excited and happy. The members were not even regular people they were intelligent people programers and engineers. I mean I could read about genocides and not feel disturbed, but this was one of the most disturbing feeling I ever got.
So the thing is if the validity of a belief is based on the conviction of the person, then their belief most be truest one out there.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
IMAliyu:

If you want to see the scary side of self conviction.
Check out the story of heaven's gate. A suicide cult that yeeted themselves including their leader because they believed something about discarding their physical bodies and alien spaceships. They were convinced in their beliefs to the very end without any shred of doubt and in the last recording of the members they were all excited and happy. The members were not even regular people they were intelligent people programers and engineers. I mean I could read about genocides and not feel disturbed, but this was one of the most disgusting feeling I ever got.
So the thing is if the validity of a belief is based on the conviction of the person, then their belief most be truest one out there.

Very true.

They believe it's true and the only true, no evidence or logic can convince them because it's a belief system.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
tintingz:

I've read about over 30 religious and you know what they all claim? "I'm the right one and others are wrong"

So yours cannot be right.

Jack of all trades, master of none
Liers will forever end up in disasters. Islam never claims Jesus & his teachings was wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Virtue Of Giving Iftoor To One Who Is Fasting / What Should A Muslim Do To Leve Its Religion / Our Parents: How Islam Places Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.