Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God (2686 Views)

Benefits Of Good And Bad Deeds / Islamic Paradox On Paul / See How Qur'an Established A Paradox For Those Disbelieve In It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 9:32am On Jun 19, 2020
The dilemma is,

If God is all-loving then he must love evil, In this case God cannot be all-good and if he doesn't love evil he cannot be all-loving.

This becomes a paradox to the attributes of God.

Do you have any counter-argument for this?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:
The dilemma is,

If God is all-loving then he must love evil, In this case God cannot be all-good and if he doesn't love evil he cannot be all-loving.

You're a freethinker and your argument is logical.

Many religious folks just formulates and idea of God in their heads and imaginations and.... religion is born.

God is not what people think he/she/it is.
GOD IS BEYOND THE HUMAN IMAGINATIONS
GOS CANNOT BE IMAGINED
GOD IS NOT ALL-GOOD, ALL-LOVING blablabla etc.

GOD IS EVERYTHING!

GOD IS GOOD, BAD, EVIL, LOVING ETC.

God is a balance between evil and good

GOD CREATED EVERYTIME BOTH EVIL AND GOOD.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

You're a freethinker and your argument is logical.

Many religious folks just formulates and idea of God in their heads and imaginations and.... religion is born.

God is not what people think he/she/it is.
GOD IS BEYOND THE HUMAN IMAGINATIONS
GOS CANNOT BE IMAGINED
GOD IS NOT ALL-GOOD, ALL-LOVING blablabla etc.

GOD IS EVERYTHING!

GOD IS GOOD, BAD, EVIL, LOVING ETC.

God is a balance between evil and good

GOD CREATED EVERYTIME BOTH EVIL AND GOOD.

Ok, thanks for the contribution.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by Rilwayne001: 11:16am On Jun 19, 2020
Definition. What are your definitions?

Knowlege isn't acquired by jumping from one thread to the other.

A pride of lions attacked a pregnant deer. They brutally murdered the deer and even eat it's foetus. Is this evil or good?

Your ignorance stinks to high heaven. Obviously.

1 Like

Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Definition. What are your definitions?

Knowlege isn't acquired by jumping from one thread to the other.

A pride of lions attacked a pregnant deer. They brutally murdered the deer and even eat it's foetus. Is this evil or good?

Your ignorance stinks to high heaven. Obviously.

Lol. He's using predator lions has example for morality. grin

What definition are you looking for?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:
The dilemma is,

Your post is filled with lies and hipocrisy. Where has God (Allah) tagged himself as "All-loving", "All-good" ?

God (Allah) has tagged himself "All-Wise", "All-Powerful", "The Great" etc
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Goodness, love, evil, kindness, justice, grace, forgiveness, punishment, etc are all from God (Allah)..... He is "All-Wise"

Stop the hipocrisy in other to butress your intelligence ignorance. you are just a human
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by Rilwayne001: 12:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Lol. He's using predator lions has example of morality. grin

Why don't you simply answer the question¿?

What definition are you looking for?

Evil and good. You're yet to give a concise definition to it. You've only stated that evil is the opposite of good. Dafuk is that
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LordReed(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:

It is neither because the universe has no such labels, those labels were invented by us humans.

2 Likes

Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Your post is filled with lies and hipocrisy. Where has God (Allah) tagged himself as "All-loving", "All-good" ?

God (Allah) has tagged himself "All-Wise", "All-Powerful", "The Great" etc

Ok, Allah is not all-loving and all-good.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
Goodness, love, evil, kindness, justice, grace, forgiveness, punishment, etc are all from God (Allah)..... He is "All-Wise"

Stop the hipocrisy in other to butress your intelligence ignorance. you are just a human

Okay.

Rilwayne001 you can see that. This is the second person that said evil is from God in this thread.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 3:56pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Why don't you simply answer the question¿?

Evil and good. You're yet to give a concise definition to it. You've only stated that evil is the opposite of good. Dafuk is that

Morality is a human thing, animals don't recognize what morality is like we humans. Lions by nature are predators.

Good and bad is human concept and in most cases good is associated with "well-being" which means being comfortable, healthy, happy and anything that doesn't promote human flourishing and empathy is evil. That's my understanding of morality.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Ok, Allah is not all-loving and all-good.

Yes bro ! Dont give him YOUR humanly-coined titles he never called himself all to justify your hipocrisy

Delete this your thread NOW cos its obviously irrational, falsehood and coined out of YOUR SELFISH hipocrisy
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 6:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Yes bro ! Dont give him YOUR humanly-coined titles he never called himself all to justify your hipocrisy

Delete this your thread NOW cos its obviously irrational, falsehood and coined out of YOUR SELFISH hipocrisy

If God is evil then he's to be blame for evil? Yes?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 7:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

If God is evil then he's to be blame for evil? Yes?

Of course, he is responsible for all evil and sweetness of the world, he never debunks that.
Everything in life is +ve, & -ve. Rain & sun, Light & darkness etc all are his handwork.

What else do you want to hear
Why do you go to the extent of forming irrational lies against God just to show your fellow mankind that you can think better ?

So uncalled for

I MAINTAIN MY STAND, DELETE THIS THREAD OF LIES & HIPOCRISY.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Of course, he is responsible for all evil and sweetness of the world, he never debunks that.
Everything in life is +ve, & -ve. Rain & sun, Light & darkness etc all are his handwork.

What else do you want to hear
Why do you go to the extent of forming irrational lies against God just to show your fellow mankind that you can think better ?

So uncalled for

I MAINTAIN MY STAND, DELETE THIS THREAD OF LIES & HIPOCRISY.

Why do you then pray against Satan when God Is the one responsible for evil?

What's the purpose of being good when God himself is evil?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Why do you then pray against Satan when God Is the one responsible for evil?

What's the purpose of being good when God himself is evil?

Mr. Hipocrate,

I dont pray against satan. God never tells human to pray against Satan.
We desist from satan and his whispers, we desist from doing evil. God instructs mankind to desist from doing EVIL.

(I named you "Hipocrate" because you came-up with another falsehood: saying i pray against Satan)

2. God is not EVIL my dear hipocrate brother.
This is why you need to learn better, God is a Supreme master that bestows both Good & Evil in proportion on mankind
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Mr. Hipocrate,

I dont pray against satan. God never tells human to pray against Satan.
We desist from satan and his whispers, we desist from doing evil. God instructs mankind to desist from doing EVIL.

(I named you "Hipocrate" because you came-up with another falsehood: saying i pray against Satan)

2. God is not EVIL my dear hipocrate brother.
This is why you need to learn better, God is a Supreme master that bestows both Good & Evil in proportion on mankind

You're contradicting yourself.

What does "auzubillah minashaitan nirajeem" means if you don't pray against Satan?

You're still saying same thing, if God create and allow evil to exist then he's also evil, he's good and evil.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

You're contradicting yourself.

What does "auzubillah minashaitan nirajeem" means if you don't pray against Satan?

You're still saying same thing, if God create and allow evil to exist then he's also evil, he's good and evil.

"I seek refuge away from Satan & his whispers" "Mo wa iso kuro lodo esu"
Thats the meaning in English and Yoruba.
Seeking refuge from Satan and his whispers is what we do. very simple. Not praying against him

Secondly, stop being hipocritical again by picking up only the evil capacities of God to call him Evil, Call Him "The Supreme"

would you wake up one day to name the Sun as "Light" or "Heat"?. Of course ppl will call you stupid or being Hipocritical
it brings both light and heat, so call it the name that captures all its capacities "SUN"

Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Do one assignment tommorrow morning immediately you wake up from sleep (before talking to anyone & eating).
I know you do not believe in God & Spirituality. So fine, just take this as a litmus test.

Put your right hand on you forehead, call your names, call your mothers name 3 times, & tell God to ruin your ways beyond measures.
Tell Him to bring destruction and confussion to your endaevours and path if He truly exist.
Tell Him to endanger you with His Infinite difficulties.

dm me on Monday for feedbacks (thats if you still have a phone by then).

No fears.... do it with all sincerity !!!
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

"I seek refuge away from Satan & his whispers" "Mo wa iso kuro lodo esu"
Thats the meaning in English and Yoruba.
Seeking refuge from Satan and his whispers is what we do. very simple. Not praying against him
Aren't you praying to God against Satan?

You're praying AGAINST Satan.

What does it mean when you're against something?

Or you don't understand English again? Are you confused about the "prayer" there?

Secondly, stop being hipocritical again by picking up only the evil capacities of God to call him Evil, Call Him "The Supreme"

would you wake up one day to name the Sun as "Light" or "Heat"?. Of course ppl will call you stupid or being Hipocritical
it brings both light and heat, so call it the name that captures all its capacities "SUN"

God is good and also evil. You said it yourself. Let it be or you want to retract?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:
Do one assignment tommorrow morning immediately you wake up from sleep (before talking to anyone & eating).
I know you do not believe in God & Spirituality. So fine, just take this as a litmus test.

Put your right hand on you forehead, call your names, call your mothers name 3 times, & tell God to ruin your ways beyond measures.
Tell Him to bring destruction and confussion to your endaevours and path if He truly exist.
Tell Him to endanger you with His Infinite difficulties.

dm me on Monday for feedbacks (thats if you still have a phone by then).

No fears.... do it with all sincerity !!!

Lol, is this the only way your God can show he exist? Destruction and calamities? grin

Or you're just frustrated like every other muslims.

Anyways, many people have cursed me to die in the past giving me some date expectancy which it all failed.

I will strike a deal with you, pray to your God to show me sign and if God didn't show me any sign between now and tomorrow 8am, you will publicly renounce Islam. Deal?

1 Like

Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:
Aren't you praying to God against Satan?

You're praying AGAINST Satan.

What does it mean when you're against something?

Or you don't understand English again? Are you confused about the "prayer" there?

God is good and also evil. You said it yourself. Let it be or you want to retract?

Being against something is totally different from when you avoid something
https://myislam.org/auzubillah-minashaitan-nirajeem/

“I seek refuge in Allah from the outcast Shaitan”

You remain the Biggest hipocrite i have ever come across in my life. honestly.
i am a Scientist, i dont believe in sentiments but FACTS.
Come to the table with FACTS and TRUTHS only.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 11:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Lol, is this the only way your God can show he exist? Destruction and calamities? grin

Anyways, many people have cursed me to die in the past giving me some date expectancy which it all failed.

I will strike a deal with you, pray to your God to show me sign and if God didn't show me any sign between now and tomorrow 8am, you will publicly renounce Islam. Deal?

Do my Assignment and get your self-conviction. Me pray for a sign for you ? (Nahhh grin)
Its your life, Take the assignment if you're so confident there's no God.

Take my Assignment & bring your feedback to me
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Being against something is totally different from when you avoid something
https://myislam.org/auzubillah-minashaitan-nirajeem/

“I seek refuge in Allah from the outcast Shaitan”

You remain the Biggest hipocrite i have ever come across in my life. honestly.
i am a Scientist, i dont believe in sentiments but FACTS.
Come to the table with FACTS and TRUTHS only.

Oh my goodness. You've problem with comprehension.

Satan disturb you people, and you pray to God to protect you AGAINST Satan disturbance.

Against here means defense.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 11:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Yes Hipocrite,
Destruction & Calamities are all from God in His manifestation, if you've got the guts He 'd non-existent, request for one bro
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Oh my goodness. You've problem with comprehension.

Satan disturb you people, and you pray to God to protect you AGAINST Satan disturbance.

Against here means defense.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

It seems you wasted your tution in school,
You dont pray for protection AGAINST a disaster.
You pray for protection FROM a disaster.

Simple diction.....
Caught u there again, forcefully trying to fix another hipocitical word & action on believers
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

Yes Hipocrite,
Destruction & Calamities are all from God in His manifestation, if you've got the guts He 'd non-existent, request for one bro

LabuleofNigeria:

Do my Assignment and get your self-conviction. Me pray for a sign for you ? (Nahhh grin)
Its your life, Take the assignment if you're so confident there's no God.

Take my Assignment & bring your feedback to me

I want you to do the prayer so that it will be fair.

Do we have a deal?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

It seems you wasted your tution in school,
You dont pray for protection AGAINST a disaster.
You pray for protection FROM a disaster.

Simple diction.....
Caught u there again, forcefully trying to fix another hipocitical word & action on believers

Define against.
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

I want you to do the prayer so that it will be fair.

Do we have a deal?

You are the doubting Thomas here, take the assignment yourself and come to me with your feedback.
Spiritualities dosent work that way, bro....
My assignment requires placing your own hands, using your own mouth and your own confession as i have clearly stated.

DO IT !
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by LabuleofNigeria: 11:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
tintingz:

Define against.

Let me take you some diction tutorial;

Protect yourself from Coronavirus
Protect yourself against Coronavirus

Which is correct?
Re: The Paradox And Dilemma Of An All-good And All-loving God by tintingz(m): 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
LabuleofNigeria:

You are the doubting Thomas here, take the assignment yourself and come to me with your feedback.
Spiritualities dosent work that way, bro....
My assignment requires placing your own hands, using your own mouth and your own confession as i have clearly stated.

DO IT !

If I do it now how will you know I actually did it?

Ok, should i announce it here?

Deal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

23rd Anniversary Of The Demise Of Ayatullah Khomeini / A Charitable Act Upon Every Bone / Was The Qur'an Written By Aliens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.