Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:48 PM

FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. (52162 Views)

Nigeria To Disengage 500,000 N-power Beneficiaries ‘soon’ / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister / Why N-Power Is Yet To Pay 30k October Stipend To Beneficiaries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by jericco1(m): 11:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
erospecial:
They've been too greedy and inconsiderate of other unemployed graduates!

I'm telling you. It's an eye opener for them
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by dbestuncle: 11:35pm On Jun 19, 2020
You didn't get it. The issue is what was the plan for them? Yes it was for 2 years and they got extension both for political reasons (2019 presidential election) and also to meet the mandate of how to exit them such that they will be able to feed themselves.
They even considered turning them into a permanent staff of the Govt, settling them to start a business and the possiblity of asking states and privates to help absorb them.
None of the above measures is been heard again. So what will this exit bring if not pain.

Let me remind you that this Govt promised to create/ give 3million jobs annually.
I pity those Faithful npower ladies n gentlemen.

erospecial:
They've been too greedy and inconsiderate of other unemployed graduates!
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by giftometre: 11:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
And she didn't make mention of the fact that some volunteers are being owed stipends of March, April, and May, especially the N-build and N-tech beneficiaries that have spent only a year as at June...
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by TruthinAction: 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
I hope most of the names are not ghost names? I am in doubt about the figure. The truth will come out one day.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dansuqi: 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The contract was for them to get empowered with life skills in the space of 2years. Except you mean the 30k handout was the koko of the program. Where's the life skills now?
You make it sound like 30k is a lot to be grateful for. Pity

The 30k and the life skills are the objectives and both have been achieved.the four focal training points were teaching,health,agriculture and technology which has been acquired within this two years.30k is not much but it is better than nothing.some value it very much ironically.the contract is over.

Mind you,the minister never said they will be disengaged unceremoniously.they are going to be transited gradually into private or govt based ventures. let us wait and see what will happen before we condemn them

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Dansuqi:

Guy,I no understand you again.please stick to one point.be consistent.if you want to condemn buhari generally,say so but this thread is for npower issues and the issues you raised will not fly as they are going to replaced by people even in more severe economic issues.

For the batch A,their contract has expired.asking them to be retained for a while is like saying fg should continue paying corpers who have finished their one year assignment.it becomes an issue if only they were disengaged before the agreed time.
The only issue you should be targeting is the batch B who and how early the new volunteers will come on stream and that government should increase capacity to 1 million or more.in the light of these,there's nothing else to discuss.

Your problem is your poor gasp of issues. I asked you a question. Is the purpose of N-power to give 30k handouts for two years or to empower people with life skills in two years? Have you ever sat down to get an understanding of what N-power is really supposed to be about or you think it's a concept peculiar to Nigeria?
I saw you saying on a thread saying that you're understudying politicians. I believe you're simply understudying their greed and lust for power and not necessarily the politics behind the policies which is what can benefit the masses you seek to rule over through politics. You need to change your orientation. It's too poor for a 21st century mind.

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
Dansuqi:

The 30k and the life skills are the objectives and both have been achieved.the four focal training points were teaching,health,agriculture and technology which has been acquired within this two years.30k is not much but it is better than nothing.some value it very much ironically.the contract is over.

Mind you,the minister never said they will be disengaged unceremoniously.they are going to be transited gradually into private or govt based ventures. let us wait and see what will happen before we condemn them
Can you point me to one N-power beneficiary who has gained such life skills? You said you know a lot of them. Can you enumerate the life skills they've gained?
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dansuqi: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I know of two. Good thing I encouraged them to think of it as a temp. So they used the period to learn some skill. One tailoring, the other baking. Fact is, what is the govt planning for them after N-power. Just like I predicted to those two, Nothing!! Those two must be mighty grateful they met me.
I really don't know how a program that gives a handout of 30k per month with no life skill attached can be labelled a success by anyone if not zombeism. I mean, I wonder the difference between N-power and NYSC

You are too pessimistic and I dare say bitter.will you call those your friends zombies? The programme was always a temporary one.it is like a higher version of nysc.a wise person would not depend on just 30k monthly but also do other things,have several income streams.

The government never really had any definite plan for them after two years that is why it took long to disengage batch A...the minister must have thought of something hence the planned transition.we must wait and see what she intends to do first before attacking them...

Well,to you and other idealists with utopian or western thinking,it might be a failure but based on Nigerian ratings it is a huge success because it has never been done in nigeria. Again,it is better the masses receive this money monthly than for a few politicians to loot it as usual.let us wait and see the next steps...you are so erratic

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Goztino(m): 11:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Na so them talk am last time, I zeroed my mind, still got 90k payment......I no longer believe all these rumours. It is not stated in the official facebook page.

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by LadySarah: 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
authority2006:

Lol. That was the olden days. If you're into politics, you would know that I'm giving first hand information here.

Take it easy. Everyone I know in Npower got it by merit.
You don't know nada

2 Likes

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dansuqi: 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Your problem is your poor gasp of issues. I asked you a question. Is the purpose of N-power to give 30k handouts for two years or to empower people with life skills in two years? Have you ever sat down to get an understanding of what N-power is really supposed to be about or you think it's a concept peculiar to Nigeria?
I saw you saying on a thread saying that you're understudying politicians. I believe you're simply understudying their greed and lust for power and not necessarily the politics behind the policies which is what can benefit the masses you seek to rule over through politics. You need to change your orientation. It's too poor for a 21st century mind.

My orientation fits the Nigerian political system.unfortunately you are a lone voice in the wilderness,another sowore.do you even know where you stand?
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by LadySarah: 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Can you point me to one N-power beneficiary who has gained such life skills? You said you know a lot of them. Can you enumerate the life skills they've gained?

While some thought it was just to coollect money,Some others were serous with it.

If this news is true then I daResay a lot of them are unprepared!

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by TheStarsAlign: 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
No0o0Oo... zaKE mA bRaInZ. I KAnT TaKe Zhe pAiNz.

Zombies wailing time is NoW. mAyBe SoMe of them will have zbrain reSet.

nObRAinZz!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Dansuqi:

My orientation fits the Nigerian political system.unfortunately you are a lone voice in the wilderness,another sowore.do you even know where you stand?
Your orientation is that of the old guard we're trying to do away with. One day it will happen. Evil cannot last a lifetime.
I know where I stand. I stand for truth and emancipation of Nigeria. The emancipators are never popular with the establishment which you represent. But they're the final nail to the curtain of the establishment.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dansuqi: 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I already told you that some are engaged in agriculture,about 50,000 while some are in technology like building tech,welding etc...if you are lonely and need someone to argue with,just say so

2 Likes

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dansuqi: 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
LadySarah:

My ministry trained more than 1k of them. The serious ones are passing out with tangible knowledge.

Some have invited us to see what they have started and for proper guidance. Some other juicy packages are in the offing for the ones who were diligent. Yes attendance and records were kept.

For security reasons I won't reveal it but leave it as it is.
While some thought it was just to coollect money,Some others were serous with it.

Thank you for this.this must be nbuild or ntax
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:01am On Jun 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are too pessimistic and I dare say bitter.will you call those your friends zombies? The programme was always a temporary one.it is like a higher version of nysc.a wise person would not depend on just 30k monthly but also do other things,have several income streams.

The government never really had any definite plan for them after two years that is why it took long to disengage batch A...the minister must have thought of something hence the planned transition.we must wait and see what she intends to do first before attacking them...

Well,to you and other idealists with utopian or western thinking,it might be a failure but based on Nigerian ratings it is a huge success because it has never been done in nigeria. Again,it is better the masses receive this money monthly than for a few politicians to loot it as usual.let us wait and see the next steps...you are so erratic
Those my friends are not zombies. But zombies exist in N-power. Osinbajo called them up during the presidential campaigns.
The minister does not have any plan whatsoever for them. Her body language has always down discomfort towards N-power. She's owing them three months presently hope you're aware. For her, it's good riddance to annoying irritant.
Nigerian rating produced FRSC. Maybe by APC rating it's a success just like PDP will claim sure-p a success too. By and large, they are both conduit pipes for wastage. Sounding good on paper but low in impact.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by spyglaxx: 12:08am On Jun 20, 2020
geedot:
This one here is clearly one of the selfish beneficiaries.
Calling me dumbass when clearly you're the selfish dumb.ass that wants to kill himself on a 30k job.
Our politicians are just the reflection of the average Nigerians. When it's supposed to be maximum of 24months, and some selfish people have spent 40months collecting money for nothing.

And these same people call the politicians thieves.
Modified: N-power beneficiaries I'm sorry o, please stop quoting me. I won't say you were collecting money for doing nothing again. Thanks.

They did nothing here. For six months they wouldn't show up some already have farms and other steady businesses. Some already travelled out of the country.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dansuqi: 12:11am On Jun 20, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Those my friends are not zombies. But zombies exist in N-power. Osinbajo called them up during the presidential campaigns.
The minister does not have any plan whatsoever for them. Her body language has always down discomfort towards N-power. She's owing them three months presently hope you're aware. For her, it's good riddance to annoying irritant.
Nigerian rating produced FRSC. Maybe by APC rating it's a success just like PDP will claim sure-p a success too. By and large, they are both conduit pipes for wastage. Sounding good on paper but low in impact.

In this climes, it is a success.some of them are being owed not all and it is common in any govt establishment.how did osibanjo call them? Her body language is not against npower,she is incompetent.how is it good riddance when she's bringing new volunteers? Saying she has no plan for them is like saying tinubu has no plan towards 2023.better keep your fingers crossed
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dansuqi: 12:14am On Jun 20, 2020
authority2006:

Yes, 2016 and 2017 recruitments were fair. Best that has happened in this country!

Now, I'm telling that their complaints had yielded positive results. The reason many of you find this info unbelievable is that you're not into politics. Because of that, you are not aware of this

Am deep into politics more than you can imagine
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by prestige101: 12:18am On Jun 20, 2020
"Level playing field"....mark my words.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:19am On Jun 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

In this climes, it is a success.some of them are being owed not all and it is common in any govt establishment.how did osibanjo call them? Her body language is not against npower,she is incompetent.how is it good riddance when she's bringing new volunteers? Saying she has no plan for them is like saying tinubu has no plan towards 2023.better keep your fingers crossed
Well I'm from this clime and I don't see it a success. Maybe you should remove your head from where you stuck it to see better.
I thought you follow Buhari and Osinbajo stridently. Then you should have seen Osinbajo calling on N-power, trader moni and farmer moni to raise their hands to signify attendance during campaign rallies last year. Those are the zombies. My friends never attended any rallies. They were busy putting their lives in order. Those zombies have now become hopeless with this disengagement. That's the end of zombiism. Frustration and disappointment.
Which new volunteers. You must be a neophyte to believe that. She's simply going to turn it to a political patronage port. She has no plans for them. Push that into your thick skull.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by lastpage: 12:19am On Jun 20, 2020
This SCAM GOVT of Buhari sef! angry

Stop giving people money for doing nothing, use the money to ensure stable electricity, good roads, security of lives and property and the people will find their own prosperity!
Enriching a few cronies with all these corrupt projects is not governance, it is a scam.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:24am On Jun 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

I already told you that some are engaged in agriculture,about 50,000 while some are in technology like building tech,welding etc...if you are lonely and need someone to argue with,just say so
Lol. I have spare time tonight to suffer your foolishness gladly.
My friend is in N-power agric which I asked her to choose believing it'll offer something basic and sustainable given the govt's propaganda on agric revolution. I'm not sure she's planted a seed of maize in her over three years there. They go only once a week. I saw through the ruse and encouraged her to learn catering with her spare time. She's now into catering not farming. Use your brain

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:26am On Jun 20, 2020
LadySarah:

My ministry trained more than 1k of them. The serious ones are passing out with tangible knowledge.

Some have invited us to see what they have started and for proper guidance. Some other juicy packages are in the offing for the ones who were diligent. Yes attendance and records were kept.

For security reasons I won't reveal it but leave it as it is.

What ministry is that? I'm really interested cause from what I know majority were attached to state parastatals. 1k out of 500k seems a spit in the ocean. I need enlightenment on this.
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 12:30am On Jun 20, 2020
bad market for APC e-rats
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by emmaella: 12:31am On Jun 20, 2020
CodeTemplar:
They have spent 40 months instead of the 24 month planned. FG too is cash strapped. It isn't a easy choice.
did batch B spend 40months? Please be specific here

2 Likes

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Ayolachris: 12:33am On Jun 20, 2020
Nigeria is a pure proof of Scam !! Instead of giving them permanent jobs...u are sending them back to square 1 into d already saturated labour market after serving the country for more dan 2 yrs... While u share d federal Jobs amongst ourselves... May God punish u with leprosy.
Biafra is the Answer...
Nigeria is done.

1 Like

Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by Dharniel600(m): 12:35am On Jun 20, 2020
I never collect my statement of result from school o. Person fit apply so?
Re: FG Disengages 500,000 Npower Beneficiaries. by prestige101: 12:36am On Jun 20, 2020
Dansuqi:

You don't seem to me , a Nigerian; maybe a man who lives in his IGLOO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning / Demolition: Fresh FM Staff Weeps "How Will I Take Care Of My Family Now?" / When We Say A Toilet Cleaner Abroad Is Better Than Bank Manager In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.