Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam (345 Views)

Extremism And Terrorism-islam's View(4) / Extremism And Terrorism-islam's View(3) / Extremism And Terrorism-islam's View(part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by jimohidris848(m): 12:33am On Jun 21, 2020
EXTREMISM AND TERRORISM-VIEW OF ISLAM
All praise be to Allah the Lord of the universe,may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all His Prophets and Messengers starting from Adam,Noah,Abraham,Moses,David,Jesus,Muhammad and all others.
Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.However,in the present day world,terrorists,extremists who call themselves 'jihadist' carry out extreme activities hiding under the umbrella of Islam.I call it extreme activity because it is beyond normal.This article is meant to give Islam's view on the activities of these criminals.
Terrorism can be categorised under extremism.Terrorism is the use of violence means to implement a political,religious, or ethnical agenda.
An Islamic scholar defined extremism as an acting of doing things beyond normal and went further ahead to classify terrorism as a type of extremism.
What is 'jihad'?
Jihad in Arabic literally means struggle or strive.This term was used in the Qur'an in a different context as it was clearly stated in the Holy Qur'an chapter 61:v11 as I quote it's translation:'Believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in His cause with your wealth and your soul,these are the best for you if you all know'.Striving with wealth as stated above means spending wealth in the cause of looking after one's family,neighbours,empowering muslims and even non-muslims etc with an evidence backing these from Qur'an9:v60 as I quote 'verily charity is the poor,the needy,the collectors,the ones we seek to please'.The one we seek to please as stated means those who are not muslims.
Soul as stated in the first verse I quoted means using our physical strength e.g to call people to Islam without disturbing them. A verse from the Qur'an backs calling people to Islam without disturbing or forcing them or use violence as I quote 'there shall be no compulsion in(acceptance of) the religion(Islam),the right course has become clear from the wrong'(Qur'an 2:v256).
All the above stated verses of the Qur'an have clearly defined jihad and it is now clearer that terrorism or extremism is not part of the teaching of Islam.
I will continue this topic in my next article
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by MightySparrow: 2:05am On Jun 21, 2020
Lie, liar.lying. let a terrorist also qoute from koran
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:04am On Jun 21, 2020
MightySparrow:
Lie, liar.lying.
let a terrorist also qoute from koran
Even Satan quoted the Bible when trying to make your God,a whole creator of the universe,bend the knee.
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by jimohidris848(m): 6:20am On Jun 21, 2020
Before anyone says liar,get a translated Qur'an and confirm those verses.As far as I am concern terrorists don't know the true Islam and you all can't judge Islam because you all don't know much about Isam,you only say what you were been told but I am saying what is in the Qur'an.Prove me wrong with evidences from the Qur'an not from terrorist.However,kindly wait for my next article to enlighten you more about the teachings of Islam.
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by MightySparrow: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Even Satan quoted the Bible when trying to make your God,a whole creator of the universe,bend the knee.
So, your terrorist brothers are using Satanic verses or using verses from the unholy book of Satan (Ignoble Koran) to justify their merciless killings for an unmerciful Allah?
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by tatatar: 8:16am On Jun 21, 2020
MightySparrow:
So, your terrorist brothers are using Satanic verses or using verses from the unholy book of Satan (Ignoble Koran) to justify their merciless killings for an unmerciful Allah?
You couldn't even understand the simple point he made
Nigga you're dull
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by jimohidris848(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2020
jimohidris848:
All praise be to Allah the Lord of the universe,may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all His Prophets and Messengers starting from Adam,Noah,Abraham,Moses,David,Jesus,Muhammad and all others.
Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance.However,in the present day world,terrorists,extremists who call themselves 'jihadist' carry out extreme activities hiding under the umbrella of Islam.I call it extreme activity because it is beyond normal.This article is meant to give Islam's view on the activities of these criminals.
Terrorism can be categorised under extremism.Terrorism is the use of violence means to implement a political,religious, or ethnical agenda.
An Islamic scholar defined extremism as an acting of doing things beyond normal and went further ahead to classify terrorism as a type of extremism.
What is 'jihad'?
Jihad in Arabic literally means struggle or strive.This term was used in the Qur'an in a different context as it was clearly stated in the Holy Qur'an chapter 61:v11 as I quote it's translation:'Believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in His cause with your wealth and your soul,these are the best for you if you all know'.Striving with wealth as stated above means spending wealth in the cause of looking after one's family,neighbours,empowering muslims and even non-muslims etc with an evidence backing these from Qur'an9:v60 as I quote 'verily charity is the poor,the needy,the collectors,the ones we seek to please'.The one we seek to please as stated means those who are not muslims.
Soul as stated in the first verse I quoted means using our physical strength e.g to call people to Islam without disturbing them. A verse from the Qur'an backs calling people to Islam without disturbing or forcing them or use violence as I quote 'there shall be no compulsion in(acceptance of) the religion(Islam),the right course has become clear from the wrong'(Qur'an 2:v256).
All the above stated verses of the Qur'an have clearly defined jihad and it is now clearer that terrorism or extremism is not part of the teaching of Islam.
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
jimohidris848:
Before anyone says liar,get a translated Qur'an and confirm those verses.As far as I am concern terrorists don't know the true Islam and you all can't judge Islam because you all don't know much about Isam,you only say what you were been told but I am saying what is in the Qur'an.Prove me wrong with evidences from the Qur'an not from terrorist.However,kindly wait for my next article to enlighten you more about the teachings of Islam.

First of all let me say you're welcome to the forum.
As for Islam and Terrorism i'll like you to know that it's not what the books says that matters now but the conduct of it's adherents.

All you need to do now is point to a group of Muslims who aren't into killing none Muslims and let's find out how they've been propagating Islam peacefully without engaging in clashes.

Then everyone will know them as the REAL Muslims so all others are fake so they should go and learn the real Islam from the true Muslims.

Salam means Peace, so let's know the one and only group propagating that PEACE! smiley
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by SIONKPO1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2020
jimohidris848:
What is 'jihad'?
error 1,David was not a prophet but a king,stop attaching yourself to the bible
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by SIONKPO1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
jimohidris848:
terrorism will keep thriving in Islam only if these following are taken care of
a.Separate politics from religion
b.Separate education from religion
c.Abolish and criminalize apostasy laws
d.Translate,the Koran into different languages and use simple languages

1 Like

Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
SIONKPO1:

terrorism will keep thriving in Islam only if these following are taken care of
a.Separate politics from religion
b.Separate education from religion
c.Abolish and criminalize apostasy laws
d.Translate,the Koran into different languages and use simple languages
David was actually both a Prophet and King.
Remember he prophesied about the Christ! Psalms 110:1 compare to Act 2:34-35
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by Mydockay: 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Maximus69:

David was actually both a Prophet and King.
Remember he prophesied about the Christ! Psalms 110:1 compare to Act 2:34-35

If I prophecy now... It doesn't make me a prophet. I just operated in the prophetic gift...
Re: Extremism And Terrorism-the View Of Islam by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
OK! smiley
Mydockay:

If I prophecy now... It doesn't make me a prophet. I just operated in the prophetic gift...

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Loves You / CAMA: What We Use Tithes We Collect In Our Churches To Do – Primate Ayodele Reve / Death Is Not A Cessation Of Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.