Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis (5814 Views)

My Sperm Analysis Results After Treating Infection / Doctors In The House, Please Help Me Analyse This Sperm/blood Culture Result / Doctors In The House, Pls Help Me Analyze This Sperm Count Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2020
joyandfaith:

Bone of contention is staph growth. With staph infection, you should have more pus cells. Some cases more than 20 in real practice. You cannot be having pus cells of 3 to 5 in staph aurues. What I have learnt over years is that if you see staph aureus growth in culture with that level of pus cells and count, rule out contaminant or repeat. Seminalysis is not difficult to do but is proned to both pre analytical and analytical errors.
I was expecting him to say, contamination is a possibility but the patient can be treated empirically with a coverage for Chlamydia infection which is now one of leading cause of tubal blockage in female and seminal vesicles infection in Male but he chooses to argue.

On the semen analysis, it was written bacteria nil
But culture showed staphylococcus
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 27, 2020
Waydex01:

On the semen analysis, it was written bacteria nil But culture showed staphylococcus

probably contamination occurred during culture.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by kosi2018(f): 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Pls, medical professionals in the house, kindly assist me in interpreting this result, and possible recommendations, as I can't visit the hospital now. thanks in advance.

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Gracebetome: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Please i need help to analyze this semen result, Drs in the house kindly help me.

Time produce 12:05pm,
Time Received 12:10pm,
Time Examine 2:15pm
Method: Masturbation
Days of Abstinence 5days
Appearance: Creamy White
Volume: 2.5mils
Viscosity: Non-Viscous
Pus cell: 2-4/Hpf
Liquefaction; completely in L 20mins
RBC: Nill
PH: 9.0
Epith cell: Nill
Progression: Active 10% Sluggish 15%
Motility: Motile25% non motile 75%
Morphology: Normal 40% abnormal 60%
Semen Count: 19 million sperm cell per mil
Total count: 47.5 million/total ejaculate

Abnormalities Seen: dead cells 15%, Bent neck 10%, Curved tail 20%, doublehead 10%, and elongated head 5%

Culture was done, NO infection

Pls
SirMichael1
GogetherMD
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
Thanks to everyone,my wife is now pregnant..Thanks for your contributions

12 Likes

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Igengo: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Axel1: 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
SirMichael1:
You didn't tell me about the red blood cells that is 1-2. Anyways, I'll get back to you before I sleep. I promise.

Please sir, could you help me analyze this test result please sir, pleaseeee

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2020
Waydex01:
Congratulations bro. Just seeing this after 2 month.

1 Like

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2020
Axel1:

Please sir, could you help me analyze this test result please sir, pleaseeee
Okay. I'll get back to you.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Axel1: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
SirMichael1:
Okay. I'll get back to you.

Okay sir, thank you very much
I would be awaiting your response, I would be really so great ful if you can help me out with the analysis of the result.
Thank you so very much sir at least for responding to my quote.
I'm really so Great ful.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2020
Axel1:

Okay sir, thank you very much
I would be awaiting your response, I would be really so great ful if you can help me out with the analysis of the result.
Thank you so very much sir at least for responding to my quote.
I'm really so Great ful.
It's no big deal sir. We're all here to help each other.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Axel1: 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2020
SirMichael1:
It's no big deal sir. We're all here to help each other.

Good morning sir, I din't heard from u again
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by 7pages(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
SirMichael1:
Thank you for your patience. Please do well to remove this photo.

So a cursory look at this result result and i can tell you that you're okay. Your sperm count is gond, so is your motility and morphology grading.

colour: milky white (normal result. The seminal fluid is usually greyish or milky)

pH Level = alkaline: so a ph is the degree of alkalinity (base) or acidity of a substance. Although i would have loved a figure for this ph level. Anyways, it's all good. The ph of a man's semen should range between 7.2 to 8 which is alkaline. This is so because the uterian wall leading to a female's egg(s) is acidic, with a ph level of 2-3. Therefore, a male semen must be alkaline which will interact with the uteruian wall, thereby neutralising it and allowing for fertilization.

sperm total density: 54mil/ml

volume: 3.8ml (that's a whooping 205.2 million sperm cells in total)

viscosity: moderate (it refers to the thickness of you seminal discharge, which is moderate.

Motility grading: (in seminal analysis, it is classified as the ability for a sperm cell to swim towards an ovary)

excellent movement: 19% (a total of 38.99 million cells move excellently and have the best chance of getting to the ovary)

good movement: 34% (69.77mil cells move normally. Good chance at fertilization too)

sluggish movement: 9% (18.47mil are sluggish. The only way this supcedes 'stagnant' motility is that it actually moves, but i consider its abilty to move inconsequential. As it will only go far enough in the uterus before it get dead!

...still typing

Bro I'm impressed with your analysis. Please I want to ask a question and I will be glad if you can respond.

I and my woman had been trying to procreate but luck hasn't getting to us yet so someone introduced us to a medical doc and she said we should run a test, she had run her own test longtime even before our appointment with the medical doc, so she said I should do a sperm analysis test but when I got to the lab, the technicians were telling me to do culture test with the sperm analysis

I just need a clarification between sperm alaysis test and culture. Is it necessary I did the two because what the medical doc requested for is sperm analysis. Thanks in ancitipcation as you help me in the clarification
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by 7pages(m): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
joyandfaith:

see this quack

I and my woman had been trying to procreate but luck hasn't getting to us yet so someone introduced us to a medical doc and she said we should run a test, she had run her own test longtime even before our appointment with the medical doc, so she said I should do a sperm analysis test but when I got to the lab, the technicians were telling me to do culture test with the sperm analysis

I just need a clarification between sperm alaysis test and culture. Is it necessary I did the two because what the medical doc requested for is sperm analysis. Thanks in ancitipcation as you help me in the clarification
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by 7pages(m): 5:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
Waydex01:

How did you guys go about it. I'm in your situation bro? A year going already
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2022
7pages:

Bro I'm impressed with your analysis. Please I want to ask a question and I will be glad if you can respond.

Yes. There's no big deal with the test. As a matter of fact, both test are required. One is just to check your sperm count and the other is to identify if you have any underlying STIs(sexually transmitted infections) because a long undiagnosed STI can lead to a low sperm count.

How is the test result of your wife? Is she medically alright?

1 Like

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by 7pages(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
SirMichael1:

Yes. There's no big deal with the test. As a matter of fact, both test are required. One is just to check your sperm count and the other is to identify if you have any underlying STIs(sexually transmitted infections) because a long undiagnosed STI can lead to a low sperm count.

Thanks sir, yes the medical doc certified her to be medically alright

I appreciate your response but sir what does mcs means. What I saw in the paper was sperm analysis/mcs that a medical doc suggested longtime ago
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
7pages:

Thanks sir, yes the medical doc certified her to be medically alright

I appreciate your response but sir what does mcs means. What I saw in the paper was sperm analysis/mcs that a medical doc suggested longtime ago

That's another name for semen analysis. They're both one and the same.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by ak22(m): 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
Am gaining something here
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by 7pages(m): 1:11pm On Jan 13, 2022
SirMichael1:

That's another name for semen analysis. They're both one and the same.

Okay thanks bro. I will update you once I get the test result
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by 7pages(m): 12:30am On Jan 19, 2022
SirMichael1:

How are you doing sir? Please help me
analyse this result in simple terms thanks

Cc: SirMichael1

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

see this quack
He isn’t a quack, you probably don’t know anything about staph. Staph itself can cause infertility, it is very common.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
SirMichael1:
grin I see people like you coming to me for consultations every other day, then you start blabbing about what you think you have 'cause you've read some rubbish on google. Rubbish that any Tom can write and upload. Eventually, I send the nurse your required prescription and you get the needle.
Don’t bother about him, you are obviously a professional doctor as everything you mentioned here is accurate.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

because you are also archaic to know that medicine is evolving. it is a shame you cannot even check WHO guideline on seminalysis to correct yourself. you are too arrogant. it is clear now you are neither a doctor nor mls. you are just a quack deceiving people with staph infection. everything na staph. if you are so lazy to make use of online tool in trusted websites like mayoclinic, WebMD, healthline, please try to locate a consultant microbiologist and an urologist to cure your ignorance. you are already suffering from neurodegenerative disease in your 30s. dindinrin.
I just hope you are not a doctor or a nurse! Chai!!!
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 3:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

I just hope you are not a doctor or a nurse! Chai!!!

What if i am one?
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

What if i am one?
I doubt it.

Your assertion that the Staph is nothing to be worried about or shouldn’t be treated says a lot.

Staph should be the first thing to be treated as it causes infertility.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

I doubt it.

Your assertion that the Staph is nothing to be worried about or shouldn’t be treated says a lot.

Staph should be the first thing to be treated as it causes infertility.

Most cases, staphylococcus aureus are contaminant in most cultures because they are part of normal skin flora. Quality control in most laboratories is very poor.
Even tradomedical practioners always attributes most infections to staphylococcus . There are symptoms of staphylococcus infections in each organ and there are laboratory parameters to suspect pyogenic organisms in seminalysis even without cultures.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by DontSufferinSil: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2022
Don't suffer in Silence

The pandemic has necessitated rapid access to healthcare inspite of the dwindling numbers of competent Health workers. Information, the right information is all you require to end the misery of an acute or chronic health disorder, even over long distances.

Online Tele docs Nigeria will lead you out of your health predicament with professionalism, empathy and utmost care.

Send us a private email at

onlinedocs4healthngr@gmail.com

Don't suffer in silence anymore.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by muheeb01(m): 2:43am On Jan 20, 2022
Your sperm count is still okay with this analysis and can fertilize egg
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 11:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

Don’t bother about him, you are obviously a professional doctor as everything you mentioned here is accurate.

He's insignificant to me.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Berryman63: 9:55am On Sep 03, 2022
SirMichael1:
Congratulations bro. Just seeing this after 2 month.
Hello Sir pls can you help me interprete mine too, I will be grateful

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by festoo20(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2023
Please kindly see result someone should help
Interpret this result for me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors / Do You Need A Massage In Jos? / Certified Nursing Assistant Training In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.