Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis (5777 Views)

My Sperm Analysis Results After Treating Infection / Doctors In The House, Please Help Me Analyse This Sperm/blood Culture Result / Doctors In The House, Pls Help Me Analyze This Sperm Count Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2020
Can someone help me interpret this result
Abstinence 4days
Sperm count 131million/ml
Volume 1.5ml
Motility 45percent active motile
15percent sluggish motile
40 percent non motile

Viscosity watery
Morphology 80percent normal
20percent abnormal..

trying for 3months now

Yielded significant growth of staphyloccus

2 Likes

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 9:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Coming back to modify

modified: You abstained for 4days between ejaculation, your spermcount per milli-litre is 131million of spermatozoa. After the 4days, sample of your sperm was taken and found to be...

SPERMCOUNT: 131MIL/ML. In a ml of your sperm, you have 131mil spermcount.

VOLUME: 1.5ml. This means you ejaculated 1 and 1/2 of a ml which is 196.5mil spermatozoa. Now is this fertile or non fertile? You get to find out below.

MOTILITY: 45 Percent active. 45 percent of your spermatozoa is active and fertile. That's 88.4mil fertile and active cells.

15 percent sluggish motile: that's 29.5mil of sperm cells that's thrifting between being redundant and active sperm cell. If you ask me, i'll say these cells are useless in trying to fertilize an overy. It can only go far enough to be killed by the uterian wall.

40 percent non mortile: Of the 196.5mil of spermatozoa, 78.6ml is redundant, that is non active and can't swim up to either ovary.

VISCOSITY: Watery. In lay man term, this signifies the thickness of your ejaculation which is watery.

Morphology which is 80percent normal: 80 percent size,shape and maturity (which isn't limited to the characteristic feature of the head and tail of a spermatozoa) of your 1.5ml ejaculation which is 196.5ml is normal. That means, 157.2mil (over 1ml) is in good shape. Thing is, the good news is that a very high percentage is in good shape, size, e.t.c and this 157.2mil consists of active, sluggish and in-active sperm cells. We can't really tell each percentages and so if I'm to assume and say all non motile + all sluggish motile which is 108.1mil exists in this 80% morphology index (which is never possibile), that will be 51.1ml active sperm cell which is still above the average for low sperm count of 40mil.

I hope I didn't eventually confuse you though?

SO IN ESSENCE, YOU'RE DOING ALRIGHT AND CAN FERTILIZE AN EGG.

14 Likes

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Ugaboy: 9:08am On Jun 21, 2020
How u take calculate all this.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Ugaboy:
How u take calculate all this.

Excellent Question.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by GogetterMD(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Waydex01:
Abstinence 4days
Volume 1.5ml
40 percent non motile

Viscosity watery
20percent abnormal..

trying for 3months now

Why did you go for a semen analysis? That should inform the interpretation.

But with a quick look, nothing seems unusual about the result.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2020
GogetterMD:

Why did you go for a semen analysis? That should inform the interpretation.

But with a quick look, nothing seems unusual about the result.

We have been trying to conceive for 3 months now.. Just a little bit worried
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by GogetterMD(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2020
Waydex01:

We have been trying to conceive for 3 months now.. Just a little bit worried
Three months is too early to be worried. The worry even puts extra pressure on you and your spouse which might even affect conception.
I want ro believe that yourself and your spouse are within "fertile age". If that is affirmed, you shouldn't be worried about infertility until you've been trying for at least a year.
Learn your spouse's menstrual cycle/calendar, and do not miss sex during her fertile period. Generally, sex of at least 3x weekly (quality sex) should be sufficient to bring about conception of there are no underlying conditions
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2020
GogetterMD:

Three months is too early to be worried. The worry even puts extra pressure on you and your spouse which might even affect conception.
I want ro believe that yourself and your spouse are within "fertile age". If that is affirmed, you shouldn't be worried about infertility until you've been trying for at least a year.
Learn your spouse's menstrual cycle/calendar, and do not miss sex during her fertile period. Generally, sex of at least 3x weekly (quality sex) should be sufficient to bring about conception of there are no underlying conditions

Yes, we just got married.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 9:55am On Jun 21, 2020
SirMichael1:
Coming back to modify

modified: You abstained for 4days between ejaculation, your spermcount per milli-litre is 131million of spermatozoa. After the 4days, sample of your sperm was taken and found to be...

VOLUME: 1.5ml. This means you ejaculated 1 and 1/2 of a ml which is 196.5mil spermatozoa. Now is this fertile or non fertile? You get to find out below.

MOTILITY: 45 Percent active. 45 percent of your spermatozoa is active and fertile. That's 88.4mil fertile and active cells.

15 percent sluggish motile: that's 29.5mil of sperm cells that's thrifting between being redundant and active sperm cell. If you ask me, i'll say these cells are useless in trying to fertilize an overy. It can only go far enough to be killed by the uterian wall.

40 percent non mortile: Of the 196.5mil of spermatozoa, 78.6ml is redundant, that is non active and can't swim up to either ovary.

VISCOSITY: Watery. In lay man term, this signifies the thickness of your ejaculation which is watery.

Morphology which is 80percent normal: 80 percent size and shape (which isn't limited to the characteristic feature of the head and tail of a spermatozoa) of your 1.5ml ejaculation which is 196.5ml is normal.

Thanks for this brilliant analysis.. Really appreciate, is this result enough for fertilisation?
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Waydex01:

Thanks for this brilliant analysis.. Really appreciate, is this result enough for fertilisation?
Often times, it isn't advisable that a patient be told his fertilsation index as this could lead to irregularities between couples if left unchecked. Besides, you're just 3months into marriage and except if you've been trying couple of months before marriage, you've got nothing to fear. It could still be the homones playing tricks. Anyways, you're fine and can father children but please check that underlying STI, if left for long, your sperm motility will reduce further. As it is now, it's even high.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2020
SirMichael1:
Often times, it isn't advisable that a patient be told his fertilsation index as this could lead to irregularities between couples if left unchecked. Besides, you're just 3months into marriage and except if you've been trying couple of months before marriage, you've got nothing to fear. It could still be the homones playing tricks. Anyways, you're fine and can father children but please check that underlying STI, if left for long, your sperm motility will reduce further. As it is now, it's even high.

Thanks sir for this, I have already completed the treatment for the staphylococcus.. I was placed on Gent and oxfloacin for 7days. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by GogetterMD(m): 11:03am On Jun 21, 2020
Waydex01:

Thanks sir for this, I have already completed the treatment for the staphylococcus.. I was placed on Gent and oxfloacin for 7days. Thanks
Sorry to say, but I'm almost sure that the "staphylococcus" from that semen culture is a contaminant, and not an actual infection.
Hitting you with gentamycin and ofloxacin was unnecessary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 11:12am On Jun 21, 2020
Waydex01:

That's good. Many strains of Staph are resistant to drugs and that's why people say that staph has no cure as it keeps comming back. If it reoccurs, please try vancomycin. It has more potency on stubborn strains.

Meanwhile, I updated my first post. Having said that, get to know her ovulation period (her most fertile days) which is few days before her red days (menstrual cycle). Armed with that information, stay off sex or masturbation or ejaculation for 3-4 days (Min. period of sperm refill into the sperm sack) before the start of her cycle, then on the cool night of her ovulation, please perform marital duties (coitus) on her and immediately after, she should sleep and not walk around.

Goodluck on your first Son and do give me a mention 9-10months from now. God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
GogetterMD:

Sorry to say, but I'm almost sure that the "staphylococcus" from that semen culture is a contaminant, and not an actual infection.

Thought as much..thanks
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
SirMichael1:
That's good. Many strains of Staph are resistant to drugs and that's why people say that staph has no cure as it keeps comming back. If it reoccurs, please try vancomycin. It has more potency on stubborn strains.

Meanwhile, I updated my first post. Having said that, get to know her ovulation period (her most fertile days) which is few days before her red days (menstrual cycle). Armed with that information, stay off sex or masturbation or ejaculation for 3-4 days (Min. period of sperm refill into the sperm sack) before the start of her cycle, then on the cool night of her ovulation, please perform marital duties (coitus) on her and immediately after, she should sleep and not walk around.

Goodluck on your first Son and do give me a mention 9-10months from now. God bless.

Thanks sir.. Will do as instructed
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by thejourney200: 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
Try treat the Staph first.

1 Like

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by A50boner: 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2020
Waydex01:
Abstinence 4days
Volume 1.5ml
40 percent non motile

Viscosity watery
20percent abnormal..

trying for 3months now

how much does the sperm analysis cost?
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2020
A50boner:
how much does the sperm analysis cost?

Did mine for 10,500
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by ChelseaDr(m): 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
SirMichael1:
Coming back to modify

Morphology which is 80percent normal: 80 percent size,shape and maturity (which isn't limited to the characteristic feature of the head and tail of a spermatozoa) of your 1.5ml ejaculation which is 196.5ml is normal. That means, 157.2mil (over 1ml) is in good shape. Thing is, the good news is that a very high percentage is in good shape, size, e.t.c and this 157.2mil consists of active, sluggish and in-active sperm cells. We can't really tell each percentages and so if I'm to assume and say all non motile + all sluggish motile which is 108.1mil exists in this 80% morphology index (which is never possibile), that will be 51.1ml active sperm cell which is still above the average for low sperm count of 40mil.

I hope I didn't eventually confuse you though?

SO IN ESSENCE, YOU'RE DOING ALRIGHT AND CAN FERTILIZE AN EGG.

Good one there SirMichael1, he should also be advised to go see the doctor that requested for that investigation. Apt analysis
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by A50boner: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2020
Waydex01:

Did mine for 10,500
okay, thank you.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 3:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
ChelseaDr:

Good one there SirMichael1, he should also be advised to go see the doctor that requested for that investigation. Apt analysis
Thank you. He'll love an additional advice and I feel you can give him more.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 11:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
Goodluck on your first Son and do give me a mention 9-10months from now. God bless.[/quote]

Sir, pls help me look into this result.
Color: Milky white
Ph: alkaline
Volume: 3.8mls
Viscosity: moderate

Sperm total density: 54million cells
Motility grading
Excellent movement : 19%
Good: 34%
Sluggish: 9%
Non progressive: 1%
Stagnant cells: 37%

Morphology grading
Normal sperm cells: 86%

Pus cells: 0-1
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 11:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
SirMichael1:
Thank you. He'll love an additional advice and I feel you can give him more.

Motility grading

Morphology grading

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 12:04am On Jun 22, 2020
Olamsanj:
Sir, pls help me look into this result. Color: Milky white Ph: alkaline Volume: 3.8mls Viscosity: moderate
Sperm total density: 54million cells Motility grading Excellent movement : 19% Good: 34% Sluggish: 9% Non progressive: 1% Stagnant cells: 37%
Morphology grading Normal sperm cells: 86%
I'll reply you later today please. Make I sleep fess.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 12:47am On Jun 22, 2020
SirMichael1:

Okay thanks I’ll be waiting to hear from u
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
SirMichael1:
I never hear anything from u since..
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 12:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Olamsanj:

Motility grading

Morphology grading

Why's your volume reading in m/s? That's the unit of velocity. Please recheck. It should be in 'ml'.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
SirMichael1:
Why's your volume reading in m/s? That's the unit of velocity. Please recheck. It should be in 'ml'.
Volume: 3.8ml
Sperm total density: 54 X 106/ml fifty four million cells per mil
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
Olamsanj:

Volume: 3.8ml
Sperm total density: 54 X 106/ml fifty four million cells per mil
Sorry but you're confusing me. Can you just take a photo of the analysis and send. Your figures and unit are confusing.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
SirMichael1:
Sorry but you're confusing me. Can you just take a photo of the analysis and send. Your figures and unit are confusing.
Here is it.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
GogetterMD:

sure. that Staph na contamination.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Focusmind: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
If you are newly married, hammer your wife non-stop for the first 30day except when she is on her period.

That was what I did after my wedding. grin

I wedded on April 1, and started the hammering till end of month except her three red days.

By may ending, result show grin. So adopt this method so you don't miss her ovulation days as women don't even know their ovulation and cycle period.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Faces Of Some Italian Nurses And Doctors After Hours Attending To Covid-19 / What Cause Heaviness In The Left Chest + Belging? / Graphi; Video /pic Of Maggot Infested Head Of A Lady After Using Brazilian Hair.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.