Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis (5819 Views)

My Sperm Analysis Results After Treating Infection / Doctors In The House, Please Help Me Analyse This Sperm/blood Culture Result / Doctors In The House, Pls Help Me Analyze This Sperm Count Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
Olamsanj:

Here is it.
You didn't tell me about the red blood cells that is 1-2. Anyways, I'll get back to you before I sleep. I promise.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2020
joyandfaith:

sure. that Staph na contamination.
That isn't a contaminant. If you really know what culturing means, you'll agree with me that he has staph. During semen analysis, the sperm cells are cultured and any bacterial growth is noted. If you actually said low WBC or PUS cells are usually contaminant, i'd have agree with you but that staph isn't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
SirMichael1:
That isn't a contaminant. If you really know what culturing means, you'll agree with me that he has staph. During semen analysis, the sperm cells are cultured and any bacterial growth is noted. If you actually said low WBC or PUS cells are usually contaminant, i'd have agree with you but that staph isn't.

you can't have that sperm count with staph infection. you know nothing about biology and destructive effect of staph
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
Waydex01:

We have been trying to conceive for 3 months now.. Just a little bit worried

is madam ovulating? how is her menstrual cycle?
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
joyandfaith:

you can't have that sperm count with staph infection. you know nothing about biology and destructive effect of staph
Lol. You're right. I may know nothing about biology -which is so damn wide, but i sure know human anatomy that's more concise and precise here.

Now, you can have a spern count as high as that with a STI (staph, gono, syphilis) especially when it's just in it's initial stage. If an sti is present in a semen analysis, it is never a contaminant and should be treated. If he doesn't take drugs, his sperm's motility may as well drop further with still a sperm count as that. To get staph's destructive effects reach its optimum take time and being untreated.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

2 Likes

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2020
SirMichael1:
You didn't tell me about the red blood cells that is 1-2. Anyways, I'll get back to you before I sleep. I promise.
Okay I’ll be waiting sir
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 12:46am On Jun 26, 2020
Olamsanj:

Here is it.
Thank you for your patience. Please do well to remove this photo.

So a cursory look at this result result and i can tell you that you're okay. Your sperm count is gond, so is your motility and morphology grading.

colour: milky white (normal result. The seminal fluid is usually greyish or milky)

pH Level = alkaline: so a ph is the degree of alkalinity (base) or acidity of a substance. Although i would have loved a figure for this ph level. Anyways, it's all good. The ph of a man's semen should range between 7.2 to 8 which is alkaline. This is so because the uterian wall leading to a female's egg(s) is acidic, with a ph level of 2-3. Therefore, a male semen must be alkaline which will interact with the uteruian wall, thereby neutralising it and allowing for fertilization.

sperm total density: 54mil/ml

volume: 3.8ml (that's a whooping 205.2 million sperm cells in total)

viscosity: moderate (it refers to the thickness of you seminal discharge, which is moderate.

Motility grading: (in seminal analysis, it is classified as the ability for a sperm cell to swim towards an ovary)

excellent movement: 19% (a total of 38.99 million cells move excellently and have the best chance of getting to the ovary)

good movement: 34% (69.77mil cells move normally. Good chance at fertilization too)

sluggish movement: 9% (18.47mil are sluggish. The only way this supcedes 'stagnant' motility is that it actually moves, but i consider its abilty to move inconsequential. As it will only go far enough in the uterus before it get dead!

...still typing

1 Like

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 2:12am On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
Lol. You're right. I may know nothing about biology -which is so damn wide, but i sure know human anatomy that's more concise and precise here.

Now, you can have a spern count as high as that with a STI (staph, gono, syphilis) especially when it's just in it's initial stage. If an sti is present in a semen analysis, it is never a contaminant and should be treated. If he doesn't take drugs, his sperm's motility may as well drop further with still a sperm count as that. To get staph's destructive effects reach its optimum take time and being untreated.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Staph is not just STI. It is more than STI. Do you pus cells in that seminalysis? If you see that normal seminalysis with staph growth. A good lab should check for contamination. I do not think you are either MLS or doctor.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 7:44am On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

is madam ovulating? how is her menstrual cycle?
She does ovulate,can you see your menses without ovulating?
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 7:45am On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

Staph is not just STI. It is more than STI. Do you pus cells in that seminalysis? If you see that normal seminalysis with staph growth. A good lab should check for contamination. I do not think you are either MLS or doctor.
Pis cell is 3-5hpf
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Waydex01: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

Do you think my count is high?
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:11am On Jun 26, 2020
Waydex01:

She does ovulate,can you see your menses without ovulating?
yes, anovulutary circle. she can do follicular tracking or other tests for ovulation so you guys can copulate around ovulation. is cycle regular? how many days?
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by drskyfly007(m): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2020
Waydex01:

We have been trying to conceive for 3 months now.. Just a little bit worried
3 months is still early.

Infertility is when a couple have been having unprotected sexual intercourse every 2 to 3 days for a YEAR and are unable to conceive..
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 10:37am On Jun 26, 2020
Waydex01:

Pis cell is 3-5hpf
normal is 0-4. however I get worry if it is getting to 10 with poor sperm count and morphology.
if you are worry pls see a fertility doctor for a comprehensive assessment.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

yes, anovulutary circle. she can do follicular tracking or other tests for ovulation so you guys can copulate around ovulation. is cycle regular? how many days?
Lol. You type like you have no idea what to say. Clearly that staph isn't a contaminant and you can see his high pus value caused by that staph, which needs to be treated.

Having said that, I'll go ahead to negate your assertion where you affirmed that a women can see her menses without ovulating. Please desist from spreading wrong info.

Waydex01, please treat that staph and see the pus cell reduce so you can have a higher motility and morphology index.

1 Like

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
@ Waydex01 : please, go through the link below to make an informed decision. all the best.

https://www.inviafertility.com/blog/infertility/draniruddhamalpani/what-do-pus-cells-in-the-semen-mean/
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Olamsanj: 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
Thank you for your patience. Please do well to remove this photo.

...still typing
Okay thank you sir. I’d love to hear the rest from u tho
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
Lol. You type like you have no idea what to say. Clearly that staph isn't a contaminant and you can see his high pus value caused by that staph, which needs to be treated.

Having said that, I'll go ahead to negate your assertion where you affirmed that a women can see her menses without ovulating. Please desist from spreading wrong info.

Waydex01, please treat that staph and see the pus cell reduce so you can have a higher motility and morphology index.

see this quack
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
@ Waydex01

check this info to learn more about anovolutary circle.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/anovulatory-cycle
Why do women experience an anovulatory cycle?
A menstrual cycle without ovulation is most common in two distinct age groups:

Girls who’ve recently begun menstruating: In the year following a girl’s first period, known as menarche, she’s more likely to experience anovulatory cycles.
Women who are close to menopause:A woman between the ages of 40 and 50 is at a greater risk of changes to her hormones. This may lead to anovulatory cycles.

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

see this quack
grin I see people like you coming to me for consultations every other day, then you start blabbing about what you think you have 'cause you've read some rubbish on google. Rubbish that any Tom can write and upload. Eventually, I send the nurse your required prescription and you get the needle.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

@ Waydex01

check this info to learn more about anovolutary circle.

Why do women experience an anovulatory cycle?
A menstrual cycle without ovulation is most common in two distinct age groups:

Girls who’ve recently begun menstruating: In the year following a girl’s first period, known as menarche, she’s more likely to experience anovulatory cycles.
Women who are close to menopause:A woman between the ages of 40 and 50 is at a greater risk of changes to her hormones. This may lead to anovulatory cycles.

If only we didn't have to google everything and read what just anyone can upload on google. Anyways, i'll love to see the look on your face when he tells you his wife is not over 40 and didn't just start menstruating yesterday.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
grin I see people like you coming to me for consultations every other day, then you start blabbing about what you think you have 'cause you've read some rubbish on google. Rubbish that any Tom can write and upload. Eventually, I send the nurse your required prescription and you get the needle.

who are you? quack doctor
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
If only we didn't have to google everything and read what just anyone can upload on google. Anyways, i'll love to see the look on your face when he tells you his wife is not over 40 and didn't just start menstruating yesterday.

never say never in medicine. we have cases of premature ovarian failure at 25. keep on reading old medical book. I post verified info in Google because op cannot understand 10 teachers and other standard medical books. I do not argue with quack in faceless forum. if you pass through medical school, you would know book called 10 teachers.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:

coming to you for consultation? you are having grandeur delusion
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

coming to you for consultation? you are having grandeur delusion
Why i am having this iq diminishing disscusion with you, i do not know but what i do know is that for someone who still doesn't see that staph as an infection that should be treated, even after seeing the pus cell and considering that 40% non-motile figure which show tell that the staph is doing damages, i see no reason trying to bring your mind out of ignorance.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
Why i am having this iq diminishing disscusion with you, i do not know but what i do know is that for someone who still doesn't see that staph as an infection that should be treated, even after seeing the pus cell and considering that 40% non-motile figure which show tell that the staph is doing damages, i see no reason trying to bring your mind out of ignorance.

you are so disgusting. with that result standard lab practice dictates repeat of seminalysis. staph was a contaminant due to method of collection or lab error. is it today I have been seen useless seminalysis report? it is people like you that encourage abuse of antibiotics. go and read WHO guideline on seminalysis. quack.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

you are so disgusting. with that result standard lab practice dictates repeat of seminalysis. staph was a contaminant due to method of collection or lab error. is it today I have been seen useless seminalysis report? it is people like you that encourage abuse of antibiotics. go and read WHO guideline on seminalysis. quack.
It's true. It's not today. You see it on google everytime. Google urologist! I'll reiterate, google has made you obtuse, dense and has left your neurons incapable of processing things, even with the help of google. It isn't your fault, give everyone data and they assume the role of an omniscient. And yes, it's seeing not seen | semen analysis not seminalysis. Seminalysis ko, seminal sister ni. Cunt grin
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 10:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
SirMichael1:
It's true. It's not today. You see it on google everytime. Google urologist! I'll reiterate, google has made you obtuse, dense and has left your neurons incapable of processing things, even with the help of google. It isn't your fault, give everyone data and they assume the role of an omniscient. And yes, it's seeing not seen | semen analysis not seminalysis. Seminalysis ko, seminal sister ni. Cunt grin

because you are also archaic to know that medicine is evolving. it is a shame you cannot even check WHO guideline on seminalysis to correct yourself. you are too arrogant. it is clear now you are neither a doctor nor mls. you are just a quack deceiving people with staph infection. everything na staph. if you are so lazy to make use of online tool in trusted websites like mayoclinic, WebMD, healthline, please try to locate a consultant microbiologist and an urologist to cure your ignorance. you are already suffering from neurodegenerative disease in your 30s. dindinrin.
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by SirMichael1: 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2020
joyandfaith:

because you are also archaic to know that medicine is evolving. it is a shame you cannot even check WHO guideline on seminalysis to correct yourself. you are too arrogant. it is clear now you are neither a doctor nor mls. you are just a quack deceiving people with staph infection. everything na staph. if you are so lazy to make use of online tool in trusted websites like mayoclinic, WebMD, healthline, please try to locate a consultant microbiologist and an urologist to cure your ignorance. you are already suffering from neurodegenerative disease in your 30s. dindinrin.
cheesy Too much website in one post. You are what you are afterall. Just a 'Google urologist'. Have your brain neurons checked for inconsistencies. grin
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 2:47am On Jun 27, 2020
SirMichael1:
cheesy Too much website in one post. You are what you are afterall. Just a 'Google urologist'. Have your brain neurons checked for inconsistencies. grin

https://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/infertility/9789241547789/en/

I am very sure you have never seen this before. it is for your own benefit. quack doctor.

Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 27, 2020
joyandfaith:

i dont see any thing wrong with his analysis of the the result....from the result u will see the pus cell count
Re: Plz Help Me Interpret This Sperm Analysis by joyandfaith: 3:45am On Jun 27, 2020
chibuike53:

i dont see any thing wrong with his analysis of the the result....from the result u will see the pus cell count

Bone of contention is staph growth. With staph infection, you should have more pus cells. Some cases more than 20 in real practice. You cannot be having pus cells of 3 to 5 in staph aurues. What I have learnt over years is that if you see staph aureus growth in culture with that level of pus cells and count, rule out contaminant or repeat. Seminalysis is not difficult to do but is proned to both pre analytical and analytical errors.
I was expecting him to say, contamination is a possibility but the patient can be treated empirically with a coverage for Chlamydia infection which is now one of leading cause of tubal blockage in female and seminal vesicles infection in Male but he chooses to argue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good News For Men Health By Stc30 / COVID-19: Enugu Records Two More Cases / Tips For Getting Pink Lips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.