Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,384 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children (1458 Views)

Suicide: NAPTAN Urges Parents To Be Alert, Monitor Their Children, Wards / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children by eyinjuege: 7:45am On Jun 22, 2020
Otedola is a father, who worked hard to provide for his children, at least we can all agree that you dont become a billionaire sitting around the house.
Yet his children know him, and celebrate him.
It's not a tenable excuse that you provide for your children hence the reason they don't know you, and would rather do more for their mother.
There are many working mothers who also struggled to provide for their children, despite the fathers being around and not even doing enough of the provision. Yet , these children still managed to know these mothers. It's simply becasue these mothers took time out of their busy work schedule to see and look after their children.
Despite the tiredness of working in the market, office, hospitals etc, they still came home to cook dinner, sort out homework for these children. They ensured packed lunch and breakfast was ready the next day before going to school. They invested resources, time, emotions in these children like any reasonable parent should.
You cannot come as a father and tell us you were busy trying to be a billionaire, so that you can do shakara and pose with your Benz before your peers, and you lost the love and emotional attachment to your children. Is it your wife that asked you not to remember your son's birthday, and surprise him with a cake and card? Or even sing happy birthday song for him if no time to buy cake?
There are many good dads out there that their children don't joke with at all, so try to emulate these men, and see how they got it right with their children.
Many of these men don't embarrass their children by carrying side chicks upandan, and putting the emotional needs of these chicks before those of their children. They are not absentee fathers, who think their wives will hold the fort, while they are gallivanting about town. They forget they leave their families unprotected and open to attacks from all quarters.
A father's role in the life of a child is beyond financial provision. Meeting their emotional needs, protecting them and being present when they need you also matters.
After all the gallivanting, you're still not rich . So what have you gained by staying away from your family?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children by HARDDON: 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
coputa:
Happy father's day, The man/father is the head of the home,he provide food,pays the rent,cloth the family,in the course of these,he sometimes forget himself i.e making sacrifices to make ends meet.But when the children grow up,they tend to give more to the mother than the father,some even forget their father.if a child gives the father 10k,it means the mother has gotten 40k.Why?,is the father not important or is it that mothers brainwashed these children or that children are more emotionally attached to their mothers.

All you listed above boils down to the father throwing money at every challenge. Very logical and physical . while fathers take care of physical needs, Just the way we came fashioned.

mothers take care of emotional needs. if a child is sad, father might see the child, inquir what is wrong, the child usually wouldn't relate easily, him lacking the patience to probe further, concludes the child needs money or some other physical things which he tries to meet.
But the mother would sit close put their hands on the child's shoulders and try to find out what is REALLY disturbing the child. With the patience and perseverance only a mother can afford, she would extract all the info the child has been hiding and offer solutions to the child. This is why children are closer and tell mothers secrets that fathers would never know. This is why that closeness is converted to more monetary gains when they grow older.

To them who are able to touch emotional buttons, belong the spoils

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children by vickydankal(f): 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
I will tell you what I think many ladies will come at me but I found it to be true.

1. Woman indirectly (care, kindness, attention and gifts) pull the children to their side. Sometimes this is not intentional
2. Don’t forget in most families, fathers usually foot the bills for food, clothing and toys for the children, but how many times do we have the mothers tell the children that the cloths they rejoicing over was bought by the man not to talk telling the children to go and say thank you to the father
3. Mothers do not teach their children that the love of the mother is paid by the sacrifices of the father
5. Greed of the side of the mothers

Mothers don’t come here and tell me 9 months story, I have children I have gone to the labor room.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children by Munzy14(m): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
coputa:
Happy father's day, The man/father is the head of the home,he provide food,pays the rent,cloth the family,in the course of these,he sometimes forget himself i.e making sacrifices to make ends meet.But when the children grow up,they tend to give more to the mother than the father,some even forget their father.if a child gives the father 10k,it means the mother has gotten 40k.Why?,is the father not important or is it that mothers brainwashed these children or that children are more emotionally attached to their mothers.
Simple logic... Mothers control resources more than fathers in most cases.

Give him 10k, it goes to flexing.

Give the mother 40k, just know your father's stomach is secured plus other minor expenses at home are settled.

Some fathers just tire me when they start growing old.

And again, most mothers win the children to their side due to some obvious reasons.
Re: Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children by coputa(m): 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Munzy14:

Simple logic... Mothers control resources more than fathers in most cases.

Give him 10k, it goes to flexing.

Give the mother 40k, just know your father's stomach is secured plus other minor expenses at home are settled.

Some fathers just tire me when they start growing old.

And again, most mothers win the children to their side due to some obvious reasons.
Yes,women are good managers.ould you please mention some of the reasons
Re: Why Do Most Father's Receive Less From Their Children by TheArchangel(f): 7:47pm On Jun 22, 2020
Interesting topic. I hope people will learn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accused For Having Dad's Wife, Wt Wld U Do? / My Pregnancy Miracle Formula-cure Infertility Naturally / What Are The Qualities Of A Good Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.